• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

I like Sparrow racing and the loot is good also. Lots of high level helmets dropping now for me. But please Bungie make a option to make other people Sparrows ghosts. Sick of the ramming etc.

Namikaze1

Hardest part of the race is getting out of the shitpile at the beginning. Fuckers pushed me into a wall, costing me several seconds. Could've been under 4:10 if it wasn't for you jerks!

I had the last laugh though when I came in first.

what is the technique you guys are using to handle turns?

I'm doing real bad

Side Boost.

Basically, use your right stick to line up where you really want to be, and then Side Boost. Side Boost basically kills your current momentum, and then replaces it based on the angle of your camera. This is how you can take a 90 degree turn without losing speed. If you try to turn to sharp without a side boost, you will lose speed like this: https://youtu.be/gl04ZS4xG5k?t=44

Ideally, you want something like this: https://youtu.be/KMEC1OR2XuU?t=79

Consider the following:
iVbFyGD.png

In the left example, you are turning with just your sticks. This is slower than the right most example where you are using your camera in conjunction with your boost to change your moment for pathing.

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line, so try to make as many straight lines as possible. Wobbling between gates is eating up time. Hitting a gate that isn't head on, and then having to over correct for it to stay on track isn't worth hitting the gate.

What method for HM Oryx has DGaf been having success with? I've only gotten him defeated once since it's been released and would love to get it done on at least all my characters one time.

phen0m24

Dumb question. But WTF is up with the Vex jump at the end or Mars. WHY do I keep crashing even though I hit the 2 gates before.

OH MY GOSH THROW A CONTROLLER OUT THE WINDOW INFURIATING

Dumb question. But WTF is up with the Vex jump at the end or Mars. WHY do I keep crashing even though I hit the 2 gates before.

Which jump?

The one with the Man Cannon that lands you in front of the fan blades?

Hitting the gates before has nothing to do with it. You need to hit it as straight on as possible, and you need to pull back on your sparrow (down on the left stick) before you enter the cannon. And keep holding down until you feel comfortable that you've cleared the jump.

Does anyone know the specific of how the refer-a-friend program works.

I own Taken King on XB1, but decided to just get a PS4 copy on the cheap. But I did start the Destiny timed demo on PS4 before and have a character technically (not on Taken King, just vanilla since its the demo). I know just opened the case and started the download of the Taken King content (19GBs).

Can I still participate as a referee as I am now. Do I need to delete my PS4 character (only lvl 5 now)? How does it exactly work so I can participate on the refer-a-friend quest?

Does anyone know the specific of how the refer-a-friend program works.

I own Taken King on XB1, but decided to just get a PS4 copy on the cheap. But I did start the Destiny timed demo on PS4 before and have a character technically (not on Taken King, just vanilla since its the demo). I know just opened the case and started the download of the Taken King content (19GBs).

Can I still participate as a referee as I am now. Do I need to delete my PS4 character (only lvl 5 now)? How does it exactly work so I can participate on the refer-a-friend quest?

Your existing character shouldn't matter, it should be tied to the actual game activation on that account.

Should.

Dave_6

This is just one of the reasons I stopped playing back on Wednesday. I was getting way too pissed about some damn Sparrow racing/ramming. Not worth the frustration.

This is just one of the reasons I stopped playing back on Wednesday. I was getting way too pissed about some damn Sparrow racing/ramming. Not worth the frustration.

This confirms why the reward is 320 helmets. What's the other source of 320 helmets? Oryx. Also not worth the frustration.

That said, I have 20 shards ready to go for Challenge mode tomorrow. For maximum disappointment.*

I'm betting the rewards will be 320 primary, 320 artifact. Nothing else. Because after tomorrow, what's the point of raiding unless you're desperate to be 320.

*2 shards
** I know only normal mode uses shards

Skatterd

Since hitting rank 3 in SRL, I can't get Titan Marks to drop for the life of me.
Have like 5 320 helmets and an entire page of 310+ ones though.

Drizzay was on Graverobbers character, I'll be ready to help out in about 30 mins

Drizz I'll shoot a fr to graves account

Sounds good. Thanks to that sweet 293 Nightfall ghost I'm now at 289. Pretty much as good as it gets until running Trials or the raid.

I'll be around but keeping an eye on the thread, if/when we fill up a run. Accepted your FR so just drop an invite if we're ready.

Auctopus

Quite new to the game, just got a Legendary Engram.

I'm level 37 now with light level of 180. Should I try to decode this now or wait?

Drizzay was on Graverobbers character, I'll be ready to help out in about 30 mins

Drizz I'll shoot a fr to graves account, probably the best thing you'll do for him accepting it :p

Sounds good. Thanks to that sweet 293 Nightfall ghost I'm now at 289. Pretty much as good as it gets until running Trials or the raid.

I'll be around but keeping an eye on the thread, if/when we fill up a run. Accepted your FR so just drop an invite if we're ready.

Nice. So for Golg's HM challenge (in about 25 minutes) we have:
1. mehrmantrout
2. Drizz
3. Duebrithil
4. Zocano
5. biggy70686
6. phen0m24

Any other takers?

I'm level 37 now with light level of 180. Should I try to decode this now or wait?

I don't remember if legendary engrams decrypted while under 40 result in level 40 items, but I'd wait until 40 at least.

Now.

Only hold on to Exotics, and even then, only hold on to exotics if you are in the Light Level 290-310 area.

Exotics decrypt into 290 by default, but have a very high chance of decrypting into 310 if you yourself are above 310 Light Level.

That's the only time you should really hold on on decrypting stuff.

Edit: Does not include "Legacy Engrams sold by Xur."

I can jump in and help with it if you need an extra person, just racing at the moment.

Auctopus

Now.

Only hold on to Exotics, and even then, only hold on to exotics if you are in the Light Level 290-310 area.

Exotics decrypt into 290 by default, but have a very high chance of decrypting into 310 if you yourself are above 310 Light Level.

That's the only time you should really hold on on decrypting stuff.

Edit: Does not include "Legacy Engrams sold by Xur."

I decrypted and got some great gear, thanks.

Biggy

Nice. So for Golg's HM challenge (in about 25 minutes) we have:
1. mehrmantrout
2. Drizz
3. Duebrithil
4. Zocano

Any other takers?

I don't remember if legendary engrams decrypted while under 40 result in level 40 items, but I'd wait until 40 at least.
I can join, psn biggy70686

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I need to pack for my trip but I wanna finish the stupid Jolly Holidays SLR way first.

I think I have a problem.

Sad I'll miss Challenge Oryx :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom