• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you say this?

Because I don't like the raid and the only reason I'm still doing it is because I can play with DGAF and check off a few completionist things like getting the helmet finally, and getting the 50th fragment.

After tomorrow, there's nothing new coming to the raid, so if you don't like, there's no reason to keep playing it.

stay gold

Nothing Manacles are still awesome despite the tracking nerf, you just have to aim the grenade well. I racked up loads of doubles and a couple of triples with them the last few days.

Namikaze1

Two engrams in 6 races.

I'll take that.

Just need to remember to pop these damn things while racing. Keep forgetting ToC now works in crucible.

Got Red Death from one and No Back Up Plans (on my Warlock -___- ) from the other. (Wanted the Manacles)

Gonna take a break. Will be looking for a SRL train later.

X-Frame

Bungie needs to revert their matchmaking to Year 1 where it prioritized connections instead of skill, or whatever it is they're trying to do now. It's just getting worse and worse.

Two engrams in 6 races.

I'll take that.

Just need to remember to pop these damn things while racing. Keep forgetting ToC now works in crucible.

Got Red Death from one and No Back Up Plans (on my Warlock -___- ) from the other. (Wanted the Manacles)

Gonna take a break. Will be looking for a SRL train later.
Meanwhile it took me 28 races (and 3oC) to get two engrams (not joking.)

I did get back to back 320 helmets though.

Namikaze1

Meanwhile it took me 28 races (and 3oC) to get two engrams (not joking.)

I did get back to back 320 helmets though.
I had 20 ToCs on Saturday before restocking. Got nothing from all 20. Then I went and bought some more. didn't see an engram drop till the after I popped the 6th ToC of the stock I had bought.

LTWood12

I had 20 ToCs on Saturday before restocking. Got nothing from all 20. Then I went and bought some more. didn't see an engram drop till the after I popped the 6th ToC of the stock I had bought.

I've started popping them every other race (instead of every race). Still hardly ever works for me.

deviant1

Gotta love just spontaneously exploding after hitting a gate perfectly in SRL while leading in the home stretch. Fuck this mode!! Why am I grinding this shit again?

Daemul

And there it is:

rD73l2e.png

vaderno.gif

If we're stuck with fucking Sparrow racing for the next two weeks they better alternate the loot.

Gotta love just spontaneously exploding after hitting a gate perfectly in SRL while leading in the home stretch. Fuck this mode!! Why am I grinding this shit again?

Because hoping to get a helmet from Oryx is a losing man's game?

Mind you, I'm not complaining that you can get a 320 helmet by placing last in a goofy mode that's just something fun and different from the holiday. I'm just complaining that Raid rewards in Taken King (and Skolas too) were garbage and Bungie don't care.

Last week I was analytical John. This week I'm salt John apparently.

phen0m24

Because hoping to get a helmet from Oryx is a losing man's game?

Mind you, I'm not complaining that you can get a 320 helmet by placing last in a goofy mode that's just something fun and different from the holiday. I'm just complaining that Raid rewards in Taken King (and Skolas too) were garbage and Bungie don't care.

Last week I was analytical John. This week I'm salt John apparently.

Who is John
G
Salt

WipedOut

Loot pool is working as intended.
Wouldn't surprise me if after SRL "we noticed class items did not drop at the correct %. Adjusted for future SRL events."

No, I see them dropping all over the place, just not for me. I'm not going to complain too much, everyone has 317 or higher but it would be nice to get some 320's

Namikaze1

I just need one 320 class item to drop so I can quit this damn thing. Focusing on getting my main to 320. My alts, specifically my Warlock, can fuck off.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
The biggest bitch on Venus is clearly that hydra right before the teleporter. I've stopped counting the number of times it's just randomly pushed me to the side just far enough to miss that gate lol

Axoman

Big thanks to Iceman, Zoso Achilles (and his brother) and DMH for my first HM Oryx kill.

First time attempting it and we did it second try.

If any of you guys want to run again for challenge mode this week, I should be available later in the evenings as usual.

Trakan

Da fuck? It's my kid birthday that day,and then i got a weeks worth of 12 hours shifts at work. Don't think im going to get much IB time this time around

Pick up the daily bounties each day and as long as you play on Saturday or Sunday, you'll have more than enough to get to rank 5 easily.

Namikaze1

Has anyone here got a 320 class item from SRL ? I've been farming for 2 days and the best one was 318 class item.
Ruthless got one.

Ape got one as well.

Those are the two I know so far that have gotten one.

I'm nearing a 100 races since a class item last dropped. Only one drop for me after reaching rank 3 and it was 317.

Ruthless got one.

Ape got one as well.

Those are the two I know so far that have gotten one.

I'm nearing a 100 races since a class item last dropped. Only one drop for me after reaching rank 3 and it was 317.

Yeah. Best helmet I got was 318. I was really enjoying sparrow racing when it launched. Now it's just a grind to get more infusion fodder so I can bring up the PVP gear I want.

In non-salt Destiny, I ran a newbie raid with Hawkian on Friday night. 3 of my friends had never done KF and then a GAFer, NCR Redslayer, who had never done a raid before. Not one! Crazy! He did awesome, though. Was totally wrecking Ogres at Oryx without any help.

I did most of the explaining since the group was mostly my friends, but Hawkian was there the whole time with additional tips or suggestions for anyone who needed a little extra help. And if they fell apart, you knew you could count on him to hold a plate on his own if the newbies died (and boy did they!)

I joke, but the newbies did really well, though. Got through the Totems on the first try (even having the left side have a full wipe, but they recovered on their own). War Priest and Golgi took a few more tries, but they got the hang of things. Those fights play out so much differently when you're not rocking 6 Spindles.

We got sooooooooooo lucky for the daughters. We had several of these guys who cannot jump. (We never got one of them through the Ship's puzzle.) Fortunately, after like the 3rd wipe, the game picked Hawkian 2x and me for the last run and we got through it. The newbies may not have had a chance to run, but they didn't get stuck at the Daughters for 2 hours.

We didn't get an Oryx kill because weird stuff started happening. We finally got everyone on the same page and detonating 4 orbs, but the orbs weren't registering. The text would pop up saying "has detonated" and then we'd shoot Oryx, then he'd float away with 100% health. Hawk mentioned that we have to essentially stagger him after the bomb explosions to get them to register, and we were shooting him, but I dunno.

It was 1:30am at that point, so the newbie's called it a night.

If you ever get the chance to help sub on a Hawkian newbie run, I really recommend it, even if you can't do a full run. Hawk's great. Very clear explanations, incredibly patient and fun. (He can be pretty cheeky during the dick room, though, if he's playing on his hunter.)

I know Thanksgiving is over and all, but I'm thankful for Hawkian doing his newbie runs and I'm thankful for all of DGAF. You're all great.

Just a heads up

You guys really dont wanna get food poisoning. Its the worst thing ever. I cant even play Destiny because there are no armor sets that support this type of projectile terror.

Hopefully Ill be good for challenge mode tomorrow

Great story John, Hawkian is pretty awesome

Just a heads up

You guys really dont wanna get food poisoning. Its the worst thing ever. I cant even play Destiny because there are no armor sets that support this type of projectile terror.

Hopefully Ill be good for challenge mode tomorrow

Great story John, Hawkian is pretty awesome

Ugh, had it earlier this year just after Easter.

It was terrible.

I was out of commission for 3 days, I think.

Lost about 12 pounds, though...

I'm still about 1,000 rep away from rank 3. I don't understand how some of you guys have played this long enough to get so high in rank. I can't stomach this for more than 4 or 5 races at a time. If Bungie resets the rank, which I'm expecting, I'm going to be fucking pissed.

spyder_ur

Bungie has yet to comment on whether SRL rep carries over weekly. I find this a bit worrisome.

I can't imagine it doesn't, but I'd be done with it if it reset, and I say that as someone who's really enjoying it. It's great stuff IMO.

Is there even any point to ranking up past 3 anyways?

Also I'm reading the Bungie tweet as just them saying they won't have SRL and IB on at the same time, rather than that IB is definitely coming back on the 29th.

Iceman829

Big thanks to Iceman, Zoso Achilles (and his brother) and DMH for my first HM Oryx kill.

First time attempting it and we did it second try.

If any of you guys want to run again for challenge mode this week, I should be available later in the evenings as usual.

Rule 1 - You can always lure dmh to do anything if he has a chance at loot
Rule 2 - dmh will quit any group if your group has a better chance to complete the activity in a timely manner

Sentinel helped me get my friend MadVaz the Black Spindle last night. He's been begging me to help for weeks but he's so bad at Destiny that I didn't feel like I had enough time (and he doesn't have enough time either with a newborn.) I was feeling generous last night, so I told him to get on and I would see what I could do. Enlisted Sentinel. It was kind of like two manning it. Sentinel couldn't believe Maddie's lack of snipers or a decent heavy, he spent a lot of time dead, and he didn't have his super when we finally called upon him to use it. Still, thanks to Dark Drinker and Raze Lighter, we cleared it with around 2:30 left on the clock. It felt good.

Glix

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked. I bought a physical copy of Destiny PS3 that came with a code for Taken King.

I got a (surprise) PS4 yesterday, yay! Was not expecting one.

If I am reading everything properly, I will have to buy the whole thing over, as the only things that carry over to my PS4 account are the first two little expansions. Is this correct?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked. I bought a physical copy of Destiny PS3 that came with a code for Taken King.

I got a (surprise) PS4 yesterday, yay! Was not expecting one.

If I am reading everything properly, I will have to buy the whole thing over, as the only things that carry over to my PS4 account are the first two little expansions. Is this correct?
Yes
In non-salt Destiny, I ran a newbie raid with Hawkian on Friday night. 3 of my friends had never done KF and then a GAFer, NCR Redslayer, who had never done a raid before. Not one! Crazy! He did awesome, though. Was totally wrecking Ogres at Oryx without any help.

I did most of the explaining since the group was mostly my friends, but Hawkian was there the whole time with additional tips or suggestions for anyone who needed a little extra help. And if they fell apart, you knew you could count on him to hold a plate on his own if the newbies died (and boy did they!)

I joke, but the newbies did really well, though. Got through the Totems on the first try (even having the left side have a full wipe, but they recovered on their own). War Priest and Golgi took a few more tries, but they got the hang of things. Those fights play out so much differently when you're not rocking 6 Spindles.

We got sooooooooooo lucky for the daughters. We had several of these guys who cannot jump. (We never got one of them through the Ship's puzzle.) Fortunately, after like the 3rd wipe, the game picked Hawkian 2x and me for the last run and we got through it. The newbies may not have had a chance to run, but they didn't get stuck at the Daughters for 2 hours.

We didn't get an Oryx kill because weird stuff started happening. We finally got everyone on the same page and detonating 4 orbs, but the orbs weren't registering. The text would pop up saying "has detonated" and then we'd shoot Oryx, then he'd float away with 100% health. Hawk mentioned that we have to essentially stagger him after the bomb explosions to get them to register, and we were shooting him, but I dunno.

It was 1:30am at that point, so the newbie's called it a night.

If you ever get the chance to help sub on a Hawkian newbie run, I really recommend it, even if you can't do a full run. Hawk's great. Very clear explanations, incredibly patient and fun. (He can be pretty cheeky during the dick room, though, if he's playing on his hunter.)

I know Thanksgiving is over and all, but I'm thankful for Hawkian doing his newbie runs and I'm thankful for all of DGAF. You're all great.
Thanks, I'm here all week. I see i hadn't lost my gliding edge. Too bad i suck pvp now since the shotgun meta is over and the sniper meta is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom