• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked. I bought a physical copy of Destiny PS3 that came with a code for Taken King.

I got a (surprise) PS4 yesterday, yay! Was not expecting one.

If I am reading everything properly, I will have to buy the whole thing over, as the only things that carry over to my PS4 account are the first two little expansions. Is this correct?

Yes.

Currently Amazon's Deal of the day at $30

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZJ20YQO/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Though your character will carry over, as well as progress and loot and whatever else would be tied to your account (assuming you are using the same gamertag).

Hey guys, sorry if this has been asked. I bought a physical copy of Destiny PS3 that came with a code for Taken King.

I got a (surprise) PS4 yesterday, yay! Was not expecting one.

If I am reading everything properly, I will have to buy the whole thing over, as the only things that carry over to my PS4 account are the first two little expansions. Is this correct?
If you're in the US, the whole shebang is $30 on Amazon today. Go go go!

Lnkn52

Sparrow Racing League Film Festival

Races are raging on Mars and Venus. To celebrate the event at its peak momentum, we’re excited to announce the Sparrow Racing League Film Festival! You have until the end of the day (Pacific time) on Monday, December 21st to run some races, capture some amazing moments, and create some sweet media as your trophy. Choose your favorite song and start cutting clips together for chance at earning some loot and seeing your legend immortalized on Bungie.net.

Winners will be announced in the Bungie Weekly Update on Thursday, December 24th.

One GRAND PRIZE: Best Picture
  • Limited Edition Destiny PS4
Sony_Bundle.jpg

One Winner in each Category
  • Sparrow 3D model
  • SRL PS4 Controller Skin
  • SRL T-shirt
  • Collector’s Edition Strange Coin
  • Destiny Poster signed by the SRL Dev Team
  • MOTW Emblem

Sentinel helped me get my friend MadVaz the Black Spindle last night. He's been begging me to help for weeks but he's so bad at Destiny that I didn't feel like I had enough time (and he doesn't have enough time either with a newborn.) I was feeling generous last night, so I told him to get on and I would see what I could do. Enlisted Sentinel. It was kind of like two manning it. Sentinel couldn't believe Maddie's lack of snipers or a decent heavy, he spent a lot of time dead, and he didn't have his super when we finally called upon him to use it. Still, thanks to Dark Drinker and Raze Lighter, we cleared it with around 2:30 left on the clock. It felt good.

Was pretty fun, far easier than the first time I ran it all those weeks ago. It was however slightly less fun, for me anyway, when you got a whole bunch of 320 helms in the races afterwards :p I did get a bunch of class items though which I guess is just as good.

Was pretty fun, far easier than the first time I ran it all those weeks ago. It was however slightly less fun, for me anyway, when you got a whole bunch of 320 helms in the races afterwards :p I did get a bunch of class items though which I guess is just as good.

Karma, man. Karma. :D

He always mispronounces everything, so I was disappointed when he only called you "SentryPrimus."

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hey. Rank 4 seems to drop stuff even more often. Just had a couple of 315+ stuff in a few games. No sign of anything below 315 yet.

I've started skipping shortcuts and just focusing on the gate to gate method. Seems to be working for Venus (jury is still out on Mars).

Got my Venus record down to 4:01.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mN-R1X8ALY

Does anyone out there know where I can find some videos of the top times? I can't fathom how to shave off 10 seconds from my time at this point without really changing up something major.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CruciblePlaybook/comments/3wsn5l/stealth_nerf_to_the_bones_of_eao/

I'm not 100% sure then.

Yeah, I guess something about having 4 GG shots for that long didn't mesh well in their play testing? I guess it could be considered a bit too much in 6v6 but then again...Sunbreakers just now got nerfed. Who knows anymore.

Im 99% sure the bones worked like that before 2.0. If you chose double jump better control and used it it would "upgrade" it to normal triple jump.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Hey, man. You did great in our newbie raid on Friday. Sorry we couldn't get the Oryx kill for you. But since you're never done a raid before, I bet a lot of people would like to hear your thoughts on King's Fall if you feel like sharing.
I homestly expected the raid to go on for longer. But it was actually pretty easy since we knew what we were doing. I could only imagine what it was like trying to get the grasp of everything on the first week. I wish we could have still finished the raid.

Light level 303 and still haven't done KF yet. Really need to get on that...
305 on hunter (can get to 307)
306 on warlock
307 on titan

The closer I got to do most of the raid was on a gaf train with Boguester sherping me and a few other newbies. It was fun (except the jumpimg puzzle before sisters, yuck)
One day, I keep saying to myself....

I've started skipping shortcuts and just focusing on the gate to gate method. Seems to be working for Venus (jury is still out on Mars).

Got my Venus record down to 4:01.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mN-R1X8ALY

Does anyone out there know where I can find some videos of the top times? I can't fathom how to shave off 10 seconds from my time at this point without really changing up something major.

That's some smooth riding.

This post when SRL first launched claimed to be #1 World Record. Their time was..... 4:01. :p

Lima

Can I get all my exotic swords at the same time? I mean kill all three dudes and the boss at the same time or do I have to play the strike three times?

Mindlog

That's some smooth riding.

This post when SRL first launched claimed to be #1 World Record. Their time was..... 4:01. :p
That cut on Venus (S-Curve) is the only one I figured saved a lot of time. Really hard to nail perfectly though and that's the most important part.
Can I get all my exotic swords at the same time? I mean kill all three dudes and the boss at the same time or do I have to play the strike three times?
The timing is tight, but yes.

Trakan

Are the sparrow races so laggy that it will show me in 3rd place on my screen but the results screen shows me in 5th place?

What the fuck.

I homestly expected the raid to go on for longer. But it was actually pretty easy since we knew what we were doing. I could only imagine what it was like trying to get the grasp of everything on the first week. I wish we could have still finished the raid.

I have to work overtime tonight, so I can't help ya there. But if you're available tonight, you should totally ask for a group for a quick Normal mode Oryx kill. You have the checkpoint, you're well-geared and you already know the strategy.

Mention that it'll be your first Oryx kill and your first raid clear for extra effect.

Are the sparrow races so laggy that it will show me in 3rd place on my screen but the results screen shows me in 5th place?

What the fuck.

It depends on your connection to the host.

I notice you post a lot about lag issues. Do you have a solid connection? Are you in a geographical area that has good internet speeds?

D_psipher

What the fuck.

Kept happening to me last night. I would finish first. But the results screen would show me in second. It was a tight race but I was heated.

Ive never had that lag issue is races.

I have a theory about the weight of Sparrows in SRL.

Mostly, if you push up against a sparrow in SRL and it feels like a solid wall, that's because that Sparrow isn't actually there, but just an estimation of where a sparrow should be from the host.

I came to this conclusion after playing with my wife a few times. Namely, we'd be in a party together, and she'd call me an asshole for pushing her out of a gate. Except on my screen, I never saw her, nor did I interact with her in anyway. I think the host was telling her inaccurately where I was, and thus, she was getting that "heavy sparrow" issue.

Just a theory. Haven't tested it since. My wife doesn't like to play with me anymore, since I tend to beat here regularly. :/

Iceman829

Cool. Means I have a lot of material grinding to do tonight. Throw and that new Coldplay album and go ham.

I never knew you were Ned. Anyways if you never another body to run the mission just let me know.

Care to help my get my arc and solar in one go? :)

I've been putting off doing that strike for probably 3-4 weeks now.

If you need someone to run that strike with Ned, hit me up.

Yea I'll give you a hand. Might run trials at some point tonight to cap out my marks. Still need to buy an Armamantarium to make my titan fun again.

GhaleonEB

I'm getting worse at SLR as time goes on. In part, because players seem to be learning to be more aggressive; every time I try to pass I find myself getting knocked around and into objects as I'm side swiped. It's frusting enough that I'm just playing ~2-3 races per day, and finish them remembering why I don't like racing games. :lol

I have 5 top 3 finishes so far in the event.

Lima

Care to help my get my arc and solar in one go? :)

I've been putting off doing that strike for probably 3-4 weeks now.

If you need someone to run that strike with Ned, hit me up.

Oh shit just read I need to wait for Armsday first so I'm gonna run it Wednesday if you wanna wait.

T-0800

This game just forces you to be social and build upon friendship
I mean once the core people started gelling it just branched out

It's awesome how a few trees created branches and those branches just kept branching with others
I mean I was a little late to the core team, but once I fit in, everyone had roles to play

I went from teaching destination materials farming nodes/chests, to being relic holder for almost every team, becoming checkpoint for VoG chest once others became busy, then swordbearer, and I never said no unless I was super busy or had scheduled somethingsomething prior
I would jump into random NF's for people that were 1/3 or 2/3; say need help?; most of the time they did

One time I forget who's NF I joined, I joined maybe 5 seconds before they wiped at the boss... Game registered me, so I saved them 35+ minutes of repeating it, they were really bummed but once they heard my voice, they were ecstatic
Cheesed the boss quick, got them their loot
Went on my way to jump and help someone else

This poem doesn't rhyme.

I think SRL is a good addition to the game world of Destiny. That said, I hope that when it returns, it becomes a permanent activity and not a limited time grind. It should be a play list just list Crucible. Maybe even have a daily and weekly race event. It should be built into the world of Destiny and accessible whenever players get the urge.

EDIT: I also agree with Ghaleon that the level of competition seems to be getting harder as time goes on and that I don't necessarily think that's a good thing for a casual racing mode. Maybe create different subsets where there are competitive racing and casual racing.

I think SRL is a good addition to the game world of Destiny. That said, I hope that when it returns, it becomes a permanent activity and not a limited time grind. It should be a play list just list Crucible. Maybe even have a daily and weekly race event. It should be built into the world of Destiny and accessible whenever players get the urge.

Iron Banner Control
Iron Banner Clash
Iron Banner Sparrows

Trakan

What about NAT issues?

is there anyway your PS data is being throttled?

Are those numbers from like speedtest.net or from your Playstation itself?

NAT's been open since I bought the PS4. I'm sure it's not on my end. I'm almost always at full green bars. It's just Destiny being Destiny. The only game I've played where the laggy person is at such an advantage. (Not even talking about just SRL.)

What the fuck.
Happened to me once today. But then again I had few laggy crucible matches after. Anedoctal I know, but you are not the only one. 110 down / 8 up in here

GhaleonEB

EDIT: I also agree with Ghaleon that the level of competition seems to be getting harder as time goes on and that I don't necessarily think that's a good thing for a casual racing mode. Maybe create different subsets where there are competitive racing and casual racing.

I think part of the issue is, we're all jockying for the same gates. There's plenty of room on the tracks but we're constantly coming together in a clump and I seem to be on the losing end of it most of the time. I'd like to see how a mode without the boosts (or perhaps with individualize pick ups) on the map plays out, so I'm free to find my own line through the tracks.

Is this the number that you are paying for, or the number that your Playstation (or xbox) shows?
Ps shows 40 down, 3 up. Lag is normaly not a problem. I have had few laggy matches thank god. Only saying that today had some issues. Again, anedoctal, just my own experience. Only happened on 1 race out of 15. Altough it was worst on the crucible matches. NAT open btw

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just had a race where four people got booted. I was goofing off in the beginning and then started playign catch up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom