• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many thanks again to everyone who helped get the HM Golgi challenge done on Grave's character. My bad luck with gauntlets continued but otherwise it was a huge boost.

Also big thanks to biggy and 'trout for some fun Trials matches. If I hadn't been 20+ light down we would've gone flawless, lol. That, and having no passage coins. I'll have to be very picky anytime I use them. Total bummer for any players that missed HoW.

All that's left for tonight is ideally clear HM Totems, Warpriest and Daughters. Oryx might be possible depending on my luck along the way. If some sweaty try-hards are around later and want to help w Grave's Mercury virginity I would definitely be down for giving it a real go.

That would get his first character from Dark Below to fully cleared through the TTK endgame in 2 days...

Just a heads up

You guys really dont wanna get food poisoning. Its the worst thing ever. I cant even play Destiny because there are no armor sets that support this type of projectile terror.

Hopefully Ill be good for challenge mode tomorrow

Great story John, Hawkian is pretty awesome

Been to Chipotle lately?

Trakan

Is this the number that you are paying for, or the number that your Playstation (or xbox) shows?

CWOBPTOVAAE8Z0O.png:large

I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe. It's Destiny. You play a lot of crucible, haven't you seen the laggy, un-killable players?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn_qiGWXcHI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aGdh4mJiHE

Edit: Sometimes laggy players will literally bring the entire lobby down into red bar territory. I feel like playing Destiny with a good connection actually hinders me sometimes.

SPACE BATLES!! get you ship and just shoot shit in the planets
Piloting your ship against other guardians in the rings of saturn. Lots of debris and asteroids to dodge.
It would be glorious....

X-Frame

Despite the hand cannon buffs, I'm still seeing ridiculous phantom bullets for Hawkmoon and TLW. They're just too unreliable to me.

MIDA is the weapon that I always go back to that's solid and never lets me down.

ocean

Banned
Man coming back after not playing fr so long has me sloppy as heck. I'd like to do the Golg challenge but I left off at 310 on my main and am not playing too amazingly.

That said, if there's any Golg Challenge groups forming today I'd love to join in :)

LTWood12

And what makes you think that Mr Warlock?

I'm just extrapolating from the lore, and from the prior raids.

1. We still don't have an exotic that drops from the raid itself. Sure Touch of Malice requires raid completion, but it seems like there should be something tied more closely to the raid.

2. Atheon gave us a weapon crafted by the vex, equipped in a different slot than we're accustomed, and functionally different than the other weapons of its kind.

3. The Dark Below, while it didn't introduce any new weapon types, gave us the Murmur. The raid exotic, Nechrocasm is almost identical in appearance (though a much different weapon).

3. House of Wolves introduced Sidearms as a new weapon class. It's final encounter gave us an exotic sidearm (along w/ some other exotics). Lord of Wolves is a shotgun that functions like a pulse rifle. Queen Breaker's Bow is a Fusion that sort of acts like a sniper. All three of very different than any other weapon of their type.

4. The Taken King introduces Swords. Swords are a huge focus of the plot going all the way back to Crota. Sword Logic, yadayadayada.

5. Eris is involved in helping us get our legendary/exotic swords. We forge them ourselves from what we've learned from the Hive Sword Logic.

This is all 100% conjecture, but a sword makes the most sense to me in line w/ previous end-game exotic rewards. And I would also expect to somehow function differently. Maybe it is a primary, and maybe you don't go into third person when using it. Maybe it functions like a gun and shoots something. I don't know.

But it's fun to hypothesize.

SPACE BATLES!! get you ship and just shoot shit in the planets
Piloting your ship against other guardians in the rings of saturn. Lots of debris and asteroids to dodge.
It would be glorious....

Destiny 2 or whatever it's called needs to make space combat a thing. Another activity, not just a single story mission. There could be multiplayer combat as well as PvE "bombing runs" or something like that where you have to assault bases and whatnot. It needs to happen. Bungie needs to keep expanding what we can do in the world of Destiny and space combat makes too much sense not to be included.

Lnkn52

1. We still don't have an exotic that drops from the raid itself. Sure Touch of Malice requires raid completion, but it seems like there should be something tied more closely to the raid.

2. Atheon gave us a weapon crafted by the vex, equipped in a different slot than we're accustomed, and functionally different than the other weapons of its kind.

3. The Dark Below, while it didn't introduce any new weapon types, gave us the Murmur. The raid exotic, Nechrocasm is almost identical in appearance (though a much different weapon).

3. House of Wolves introduced Sidearms as a new weapon class. It's final encounter gave us an exotic sidearm (along w/ some other exotics). Lord of Wolves is a shotgun that functions like a pulse rifle. Queen Breaker's Bow is a Fusion that sort of acts like a sniper. All three of very different than any other weapon of their type.

4. The Taken King introduces Swords. Swords are a huge focus of the plot going all the way back to Crota. Sword Logic, yadayadayada.

5. Eris is involved in helping us get our legendary/exotic swords. We forge them ourselves from what we've learned from the Hive Sword Logic.

This is all 100% conjecture, but a sword makes the most sense to me in line w/ previous end-game exotic rewards. And I would also expect to somehow function differently. Maybe it is a primary, and maybe you don't go into third person when using it. Maybe it functions like a gun and shoots something. I don't know.

Good points LT but how about the Touch of Malice?

I still have a 9-0 saved that I'd like to continue playing on before I go to bed, for a chance at the scarab emblem. 2 brave warriors around to fight one or a couple of final bosses in trials?

LTWood12

Good points LT but how about the Touch of Malice?

The Touch of Malice doesn't require completing the hardest PvE challenge in the game (Hard Mode). The Vex Mythoclast & the Nechrocasm both required completing Hard Mode. The HoW Trifecta did not, but they also weren't tied to a raid.

I'm not sure why you find it so hard to believe. It's Destiny. You play a lot of crucible, haven't you seen the laggy, un-killable players?

Edit: Sometimes laggy players will literally bring the entire lobby down into red bar territory. I feel like playing Destiny with a good connection actually hinders me sometimes.

I didn't say it was hard to believe, I was trying to help you pinpoint a reason because you seem to have more of an issue than the average player.

I have an 18 down 3 up (according to PSN) connection with an open NAT, and I see a laggy player maybe once out of every 30-40 matches. I also live in central Illinois.

I'm up to ~80 races in SRL, and I've only seen 1 single opponent that I would call laggy.

Even during Iron Banner weeks, I hardly ever have an issue.

Edit: Also, your image shows a Type 2 NAT, which is not open.

I didn't say it was hard to believe, I was trying to help you pinpoint a reason because you seem to have more of an issue than the average player.

I have an 18 down 3 up (according to PSN) connection with an open NAT, and I see a laggy player maybe once out of every 30-40 matches. I also live in central Illinois.

I'm up to ~80 races in SRL, and I've only seen 1 single opponent that I would call laggy.

Even during Iron Banner weeks, I hardly ever have an issue.

Edit: Also, your image shows a Type 2 NAT, which is not open.

500 mbit up and down, but from the Netherlands. Pretty much every 6v6 crucible match will have at least one laggy red bar. Trials can also get pretty bad at 6+ wins.

Deku Tree

SRL has lag. It's not frequent for me, but it is noticeable.

I have FIOS 50/50 internet and I hardwire it into my PS4.

Most obvious thing that I have noticed is a blinking racer who keeps teleporting around my screen.

Worst kind of lag is when you are in a sweaty race and you go through the gate full speed right down the middle and you don't get any boost but they player behind you does get a boost and then they moves in front.

I dont get much lag when i am queuing pvp alone but thats because Bungie's netcode is literally incapable to match me with folks outside of south america (or brazil, im not sure). Like, its not a matter of priority, no matter how much time i wait to matchmake the priority for searching for other players nearby never changes. And thats kinda annoying, i've gotten the message of not being able to find any other players after like 12 minutes of searching a lot of times because no one here apparently plays skirmish. So if any of you are playing regular pvp alone you'll never match with me or any other brazilians because bungie wont allow it. And im guessing its the same for other regions so people from US dont get matched with people from New Zealand or whatever.

Not sure if it's been this way since vanilla but this may be Bungie trying to "fix" the red bar problem.

I also believe the calcified fragments lead to a sword. After i read the lore, didn't it say that Oryx creates a sword (or weapon) only those who have killed him can wield? If so, it has to be a pretty good sword, maybe Ghallohorn in a sword? ;) lol

Namikaze1

Wow. What the fuck, Bungie? You're kicking me out after I just crossed the finish line? After crossing first?

Got no extra rep or reward at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom