• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothus

Has there been any discussion about the pay to win boosters added to the game?

It's not really pay to win. It's pay to skip the shitty original campaign. Anyone who buys that is literally paying even more money to skip game content. Bungie probably set those prices for a laugh because anyone dumb/lazy enough to want to pay anything for that deserves to be robbed blind.

It's not really pay to win. It's pay to skip the shitty original campaign. Anyone who buys that is literally paying even more money to skip game content. Bungie probably set those prices for a laugh because anyone dumb/lazy enough to want to pay anything for that deserves to be robbed blind.

Still though, it's a slipperly slope of MTs. What are they going to sale next? Drop boosts? It's not P2W because you're not directly buying items...

...as for the oryx mode I surely thought it'd be a different runner each time.

flkraven

But this is where we need to draw the line regardless. First it was cosmetics, then it was one time event things, now it's a quest book with gear rewards, and finally we've got straight up subclass levelling? I only just last week finished my 3rd characters subclass. This isn't trivial.

Nothus

I don't want to tempt fate because I haven't actually tried it yet, but this CM method sounds....easier than normal strategies?
I wonder if everyone would have been doing it this way all along if it didn't run the risk of crashing your system. Which makes me think, have they fixed that without mentioning it in patch notes.............or
tin foil hat time
could it have been something Bungie deliberately put in the game, knowing all along that this challenge mode was on its way?

Psoelberg

Sorry to ask this here. I just bought Destiny the taken king legendary edition on sale on the psn store.

Unfortunately I havn't been able to play it yet. Every time I try to login I see a marionberry error. I havn't had problems with any other game.

I feel like I have tried everything.

- hard reset, turning everything on/off
- Disabled UPNP
- set a static IP
- forwarded ports
- ethernet cable directly in console

I've run out of ideas. Have anybody else had this problems? I'm playing on ps4 with a Linksys e2500 router.

Was dinking around with a hunter and I was level 17 before I even left the moon.

Those not so micro micro transactions seem a bit pointless but its more of a worry about how far bungie are going to take these payments.

Pay for shaders seems like the next logical step. Pay for emgrams and loot probably not far after. Raid not dripping that exotic? Why not slip us 9.99 and just buy those boots!

Lima

Gathering the materials for the exotic swords might be the worst thing I have done in this game.

Jesus. The ability kills took me like 20 Mayhem matches to get all 3 done but after only finishing the Spinmetal grind I already want to kill myself.

Gathering the materials for the exotic swords might be the worst thing I have done in this game.

Jesus. The ability kills took me like 20 Mayhem matches to get all 3 done but after only finishing the Spinmetal grind I already want to kill myself.

See now THAT I wouldn't mind paying 30 dollars to get out of the way. Screw exotic sword farming.

WTF. I saved one completed SRL bounty because I knew the complete 10 bounties one would be back today. I grabbed the 10 bounty, turned in the other, and now it says 7/10 bounties complete. Nice!

Deku Tree

So sometimes on the last bomb round of HM Oryx CM the fourth Ogre just teleports to the Titan bubble in the middle. And then WIPE!

Bungie plz.

Trakan

The 50 fragment reward is a shader? Seriously, Bungie?

tumblr_lx3xgdMaP61r6r2vio1_400.gif

I guess I could see it unlocking a timegated mission in like a month or something...

noomi

WTF. I saved one completed SRL bounty because I knew the complete 10 bounties one would be back today. I grabbed the 10 bounty, turned in the other, and now it says 7/10 bounties complete. Nice!

I think someone had mentioned the same thing this morning, sucks mang.

The 50 fragment reward is a shader? Seriously, Bungie?

tumblr_lx3xgdMaP61r6r2vio1_400.gif

I guess I could see it unlocking a timegated mission in like a month or something...

I know... a bit underwhelming. I was hoping that the new icon in the exotic blueprint vendor would be something we would get after 50 fragments :(

I think someone had mentioned the same thing this morning, sucks mang.

I know... a bit underwhelming. I was hoping that the new icon in the exotic blueprint vendor would be something we would get after 50 fragments :(

No way. It's another time gated exotic. The community loves those.

Kappa

I knew expecting some grand reward from the fragments was a mistake. The ToM was the reward. It makes the final two fights so much easier.

noomi

Why would that suck? It's completing the bounty super early. It's a big bonus.

I misunderstood, I thought you got screwed by the bounty glitching and not being able to turn in the 10th bounty. Mah bad.

No way. It's another time gated exotic. The community loves those.

Kappa

I knew expecting some grand reward from the fragments was a mistake. The ToM was the reward. It makes the final two fights so much easier.

Wonder what it could be then, perhaps a bug? Or a new year 1 weapon turned year 2 that we aren't aware of yet?

flkraven

So someone on reddit is saying you don't need to do 16 simultaneous. You just need to make sure you kill shade 3 times. Has anyone confirmed this?

I misunderstood, I thought you got screwed by the bounty glitching and not being able to turn in the 10th bounty. Mah bad.

Wonder what it could be then, perhaps a bug? Or a new year 1 weapon turned year 2 that we aren't aware of yet?

Destiny Reddit will let us know lol

I'm being a debbie downer but my hope for a really cool new exotic are not high. There's a few stand outs in TTK, but my most used weapon exotics are ToM, Truth, and the super cell. My expectations are tempered.

GlamFM

Banned
So someone on reddit is saying you don't need to do 16 simultaneous. You just need to make sure you kill shade 3 times. Has anyone confirmed this?

Four shades I would assume. Could be. After the first four you would only detonate two bombs per turn to get the shade four times.

Don´t think it´s confirmed yet.

flkraven

Still can't believe that bungie is selling the very thing they promised they weren't going to sell. Lol such hypocrisy. And the price!

flkraven

When did they promise?

Promise is maybe a strong word, but when this stuff was exposed bungie ran out and said we were overreacting, that they weren't selling it for real money, and that it was supposed to be a consumable sold by the speaker. They claimed they removed it for technical reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom