• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daemul

Not really happy with my drops. 2 320 primaries but not 320 armor drops. Is it better to infuse those to make my TOM 320 or a on Hung Jury?

Hung Jury.

ToM is only useful for two fights in the game, you can just leave it at 310. Plus if the Harrowed ToM thing turns out to be true you might end up having wasted infusion fuel you could have used for your other primaries.

Deku Tree

MvSfKzX.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
it is terrifying to think that Bungie has metrics indicating that it makes sense for the subclass booster to be sold at half the price of the game at retail

Trakan

I just got both of the old New Monarchy ships going from rank 7 to 13 this weekend (had the new one on my Titan already.)

I started FWC fresh with TTK and I'm at ranks 8, 6, and 20 across all my characters. 0 ships.

I have 90 something ranks across all my characters in Dead Orbit and I didn't get a ship until TTK. It was the crappy new one.

Afrocious

After today's Oryx challenge, I think I'm done with the game for a few weeks - until my friend gets a PS4 at least. I can only theorize what it is but the DGAF community is becoming less fun to enjoy things with.

it is terrifying to think that Bungie has metrics indicating that it makes sense for the subclass booster to be sold at half the price of the game at retail

Indeed. Tbqh after seeing this, I can see the Destiny series tapering away down the line. It's being left out in th open where everyone sees its ridiculous infrastructure management. Other companies are going to capitalize on Destiny's loop and niche and knock Bungie out the water.

Nope. They know exactly what they are doing. People will pay for a perceived advantage, fear of missing out, and or a way to quickly get through something they believe isn't worth their time. I don't care how anyone spends their money. That's their business.

Microtransactions like these booster packs are silly. What does that say about your game if you are selling an item to burn through some of the content? At this point, all copies of Destiny should just come with a booster so folks can get to the TTK stuff.

Edit: TTK does come with a single booster. My mistake. Thanks John.

They just look at how much WoW players will pay for boosters.
Hint: WoW charges more.

Bingo.

Microtransactions like these booster packs are silly. What does that say about your game if you are selling an item to burn through some of the content? At this point, all copies of Destiny should just come with a booster so folks can get to the TTK stuff.

It does. Spark of Lights are included in every copy of TTK. This new thing is if you want to speed level your alts.

---

Honestly, the price seems right. Too cheap and every one will do it. The price is set at a point to discourage frivolous or obligatory use.

Lima

Void and Solar sword ready for take off. Now I go on Mars and get the Arc one too.

On the flip side while this is boring as shit at least I don't have to spend my marks on planet materials cause I was already running pretty low on them and I still have to buy stuff from the exotic blueprint shit.

On the price I say if it was level 40 and all subclasses leveled up I would buy one just to remake my Warlock. Don't like the look of the character.

Homeboyd

$10 for a book to track your stats in a racing league told them everything they needed to know. When Gjallarhorn comes back (and it will come back), you better be prepared to make some monthly installments and give up eating dinner for a couple weeks.

I started FWC fresh with TTK and I'm at ranks 8, 6, and 20 across all my characters. 0 ships.

I have 90 something ranks across all my characters in Dead Orbit and I didn't get a ship until TTK. It was the crappy new one.
Ship drops increased with the last patch (SRL).

I got both DO ships last Tuesday.

Afrocious

Bingo.

It does. Spark of Lights are included in every copy of TTK. This new thing is if you want to speed level your alts.

---

Honestly, the price seems right. Too cheap and every one will do it. The price is set at a point to discourage frivolous or obligatory use.

I dunno. The grind to get to max leve endgame in an mmo is nuts compared to what a Destiny player undergoes to get to level 40. 25 is a breeze and you really just skip like 3 or 4 hours of game time.

With a mmo booster, you're skipping like 20+ hours

$10 for a book to track your stats in a racing league told them everything they needed to know. When Gjallarhorn comes back (and it will come back), you better be prepared to make some monthly installments and give up eating dinner for a couple weeks.

Not just stat tracking. $10 for a sparrow, a shader, unique gear for 3 characters (alright, unique helmet & boots for 3 characters) and an emblem.

Considering how sparrows alone are $5 blind boxes, it's not out of line with the other offerings.

The collector's edition bonuses were $20 for 3 exotic class items and 3 shaders afterall.

Destiny Silver purchases are never going to be smart purchases.

Not gonna lie, at least the 50 fragment shader looks cool on the Titan. I always wanted an all jet-black shader (without the Zebra stripes), so I guess its close enough.

ethomaz

Banned
This is still happening to you guys???

Lag? Maybe everyone go to orbit and make the person with the best connection FireTeam leader?

*fingers crossed* please no teleporting ogres tonight...please
It doesn't look like lag at all.

When you are killing the 4th Ogrer seems like it will use teleport near the end of his health.

Edit - You need to kill him before teleporting... if you are late in the Ogrer kills then the 4th will most teleport at the end... I will level up my Malice to 320 (I was using 310 one).

darknil

So yesterday I decided that I wanted to be SRL rank 3 so I can rank up my legendary helmets. I made the math and I needed 38 top 3s in order to achieve this without bounties. Lol what. (Assuming each top 3 with class item equipped gives 91~ rep and starting from level 2.25)

Oh well, I see that Oryx challenge mode makes you play different, that is excellent.

If I can do SRL 3 and Oryx, I guess I'll finally force me to finish MGSV so I can reduce my backlog before Iron Banana comes back.

My main problem with non cosmetic items for sale is that once you tie a real world cost to a mechanic, it makes it very unlikely that it will be tweaked or changed much in the future. I suspect the current XP numbers are here to stay since you have to pay half the price of the game to get a boost. XP probably doesn't affect 99% of DGAF since most hit the level cap within 12 hours of it being raised, but none the less, it sucks for newcomers. The grind is real...ly good for selling micro-transactions.

Edit: Now we know why the Nightfall Buff was killed off.

Unstable

Bingo.

---

Let's be clear here. A WoW Booster costs $60, but the amount of gameplay you're skipping is a order of magnitude greater than Destiny.

Morally, it's fine. But as players who are never going to buy it, the business proposition seems shaky at best. But this is clearly not for us.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Other companies are going to capitalize on Destiny's loop and niche and knock Bungie out the water.
Sounds good, I don't know what is even in the pipeline other than The Division though.
Nope. They know exactly what they are doing. People will pay for a perceived advantage, fear of missing out, and or a way to quickly get through something they believe isn't worth their time. I don't care how anyone spends their money. That's their business.

Edit: TTK does come with a single booster. My mistake. Thanks John.
What do you mean by "Nope"?

Sounds good, I don't know what is even in the pipeline other than The Division though.

What do you mean by "Nope"?

I thought your original post was a question. I see now it was a statement. Sorry for the confusion. I need more coffee this morning. I was trying to say that it doesn't surprise me they have metrics suggesting this is the best price to sell it at.

flkraven

Destiny 2 will be balanced around the existence of these short cuts. Expect even more grinding. Get ready for Armor telemetries being locked behind a pay wall too.

ViciousDS

Banned
just switched from PS4 to Xbox One Destiny.....thanks for all the memories and the amazing black spindle opening week....shit was crazy lol. All my friends who actively play are xbox one players. How is the community on here for my Bone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom