• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
What is this I am reading about staggering oryxx then not running to get the blythes?
Once you kill Ogres, proceed to completely ignore the blights. You need to do four cycles of this. By the end of it, each platform should have four blights stacked on top of each other, allowing you to detonate 16 blights in one cycle and then kill Oryx. That's what the Challenge is.

This requires killing the Knights every cycle, lest they run wild and dismantle your bombs. Moreover, since Oryx takes no bomb damage (since you're just letting them stack) you won't have the "aerial bombing phase". Instead, after you stun him you'll go to Shade of Oryx every time.

C'mon, someone has to still need to do this fucking challenge
I'd like to join. I'm a_javierp on PSN, let me know when to sign on.

Once you kill Ogres, proceed to completely ignore the blights. You need to do four cycles of this. By the end of it, each platform should have four blights stacked on top of each other, allowing you to detonate 16 blights in one cycle and then kill Oryx. That's what the Challenge is.

This requires killing the Knights every cycle, lest they run wild and dismantle your bombs. Moreover, since Oryx takes no bomb damage (since you're just letting them stack) you won't have the "aerial bombing phase". Instead, after you stun him you'll go to Shade of Oryx every time.

I'd like to join. I'm a_javierp on PSN, let me know when to sign on.

Awesome man thank you.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Drizzay put in work on my chars within a few days
I'm astounded at that rapid pace

40 Hunter, Light Level 313
40 Titan, Light Level 288 (was 202; moved extra dupes from Hunter that boosted it up)
32 Warlock, Light Level 140 (at the moment)

Jesus classes will be set for the foreseeable future...

Skirmish now is significantly sweatier than Trials for me. I can only do 1 - 2 matches at a time, whereas before I could go all day.

This makes feel much better ☺
you were one of the people I was talking about

TLW/sniper is the way to go at high-level play. Anything else may be handicapping you. TLW is really good at shutting down shotguns, especially after it got a buff and shotguns got nerfed.

Previous meta took many weeks to settle, this meta was decided almost instantly. This means Bungie fucked up.

I suspect this why I had about 4 deaths during my match. I was being aggressive with Monte Carlo in close and sniping when I had position, and Monte Carlo just does not have enough juice when a shotgun gets the jump on you. The opposing player is able to push through and close the distance most of the time.

Obviously, you can play more defensively but I don't seem to do as well that way (unless I straight-up go Campy McGee).

I will probably move to the Last Word - there is really no point in trying improve my play outside of the meta. Plus I think the spatial awareness gain with hip fire is a underrated bonus.

Drizzay put in work on my chars within a few days
I'm astounded at that rapid pace

40 Hunter, Light Level 313
40 Titan, Light Level 288 (was 202; moved extra dupes from Hunyer that boosted it up)
32 Warlock, Light Level 140 (at the moment)

Jesus classes will be set for the foreseeable future...

$30 for Subclass Boost on PSN.
$? for Drizzay Boost on PSN?

StMeph

For PvP, what are the current opinions on pulses between PDX-45/Hawksaw and Red Death? Particularly for Trials.

1. PDX-45: Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Rifled Barrel/Snapshot
2. Hawksaw (1): SPO-28, Hammer Forged, Hidden Hand, Snapshot/Injection Mold
3. Hawksaw (2): Hammer Forged, Headseeker, Rifled Barrel
4. Hawksaw (3): Fitted Stock, Full Auto, Smallbore
5. Red Death

With pulses in general, I don't have the Iron Banner Nirwen's Mercy. Nor do I have The Last Word to switch gears altogether for this meta.

As a runner, should I tear the Vessel up with Raze Lighter on my way back to the middle? Or should I double time it to the middle and thus let my team help teamshot him down quick?

Rubenov

For PvP, what are the current opinions on pulses between PDX-45/Hawksaw and Red Death? Particularly for Trials.

1. PDX-45: Perfect Balance, Hidden Hand, Rifled Barrel/Snapshot
2. Hawksaw (1): SPO-28, Hammer Forged, Hidden Hand, Snapshot/Injection Mold
3. Hawksaw (2): Hammer Forged, Headseeker, Rifled Barrel
4. Hawksaw (3): Fitted Stock, Full Auto, Smallbore
5. Red Death

With pulses in general, I don't have the Iron Banner Nirwen's Mercy. Nor do I have The Last Word to switch gears altogether for this meta.

I would go with option 1 (or 3) as it would give you the most range with rifled barrel. Range is now actually important for pulses. For whatever is worth, that PDX roll is the gun I use when not using TLW.

Jinjo

Wow. Challenge mode Oryx was so easy, but soooooo satisfying lol.

Anyone got a piston checkpoint for the exotic chest?

As a runner, should I tear the Vessel up with Raze Lighter on my way back to the middle? Or should I double time it to the middle and thus let my team help teamshot him down quick?

I'm always runner for my group and I always fuck up the vessel with Raze Lighter.

I would personally prefer the Aura is back in the middle as soon as possible. The Vessel goes down fast to a few ToMs firing away.

I have seen him wander off though. As long as everybody knows they have to help take him down...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
$30 for Subclass Boost on PSN.
$? for Drizzay Boost on PSN?

He has a huge boatload of games from my account to try out
Hell if he has a ps3; he has ps+ games from inception, so 2010-Present never missed a month
Same if he got the ps4 later on...

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Challenge modes aren't really difficult, just a different way to play. With that being said which did you guys feel had the most potential for frustration?

Magik

Challenge modes aren't really difficult, just a different way to play. With that being said which did you guys feel had the most potential for frustration?

It's people not knowing how the mechanics work and expecting to be carried that causes the most frustration.

Yall get anymore of them HM Totum checkpoints?

w7o3px.jpg

Agent

I wish challenge mode was "easy" for me. I've never even beaten HM Oryx, so I don't have high hopes of doing the challenge mode. Granted, I gave up on HM in the first week after getting frustrated with it. My Warlock/Titan/Hunter are 310+ now, so I probably should give it a shot again.

Either way, I probably messed up on the fragments part anyway. I didn't do Golgoroth on my warlock, which was the one at 48/50 fragments.

Magik

I wish challenge mode was "easy" for me. I've never even beaten HM Oryx, so I don't have high hopes of doing the challenge mode. Granted, I gave up on HM in the first week after getting frustrated with it. My Warlock/Titan/Hunter are 310+ now, so I probably should give it a shot again.

Either way, I probably messed up on the fragments part anyway. I didn't do Golgoroth on my warlock, which was the one at 48/50 fragments.

It's always hard in the beginning. Just keep at it and learn the mechanics.

I haven't done Oryx yet, so I'm going to say Oryx.

Warpriest is how my group of friends already did the encounter, so nothing changed.
Golgy challenge mode taught me a faster/easier way to do it, so thats a perk if anything.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
Has anyone had any luck with auto rifles in crucible?

I really want Hard Light to be viable, but it just can't hold up to everything else.

Deku Tree

The real challenge of HM Oryx CM is the teleporting Ogre.

Did anyone figure out whether or not you need to detonate all 16 bombs at once to get the CM loot?

So for Year 2 we've had:
  • Taken King Launch
  • Black Spindle Quest
  • King's Fall normal mode debuts
  • Sleeper Simulant Quest
  • Iron Banner Returns
  • King's Fall hard mode debuts
  • Trials of Osiris Returns
  • No Time to Explain Quest
  • Iron Banner Year 2, this time with Loot!
  • Festival of the Lost
  • November Patch
  • King's Fall Challenge Mode Debuts
  • December Patch with Balance changes & New Exotics
  • Sparrow Racing League
That's a hell of a packed 3 months, way more than Year 1. I think Bungie should be proud of all of that.

But I have wonder what comes next. Are we going to be coasting for a bit on Iron Banners, cycling Challenge Bosses and chasing new Year 2 exotics til the Spring Festival in like March?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom