• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
TLW/sniper is the way to go at high-level play. Anything else may be handicapping you. TLW is really good at shutting down shotguns, especially after it got a buff and shotguns got nerfed.

Previous meta took many weeks to settle, this meta was decided almost instantly. This means Bungie fucked up.

How do you play with TLW, Rub? Specifically, do you push with it or do you play a more passive game? I do much better at med/long range, but seem to trade when I go close.

chur

So is the challenge just killing 3 shades of Oryx + the real Oryx or is it doing all that while also detonating 16 bombs at once?

Would it be possible to start detonating the bombs normally after the 1st cycle had passed?

Trakan

It's the highest single point target damage weapon in the game. Really good for strike running.

Okay, I'm sure a fusion rifle can out damage a sniper shot if all bolts hit but that doesn't mean I'm going to use one.

Maybe if they gave simulant like double the ammo.

LTWood12

I'll say it, it sucks. I'd rather have an LMG for PVE and/or a rocket launcher for PVP.

It's fun to use though.

This is the argument I always see, and it confuses me. I think it's a great weapon. That doesn't mean I thinks its great for all situations. I think it's great for very specific situations. Situations with bosses, who are mostly immobile, with massive Crit hit-boxes. And there are no shortage of those.

I don't think I've ever used it in a non-boss encounter.

ethomaz

Banned
So is the challenge just killing 3 shades of Oryx + the real Oryx or is it doing all that while also detonating 16 bombs at once?

Would it be possible to start detonating the bombs normally after the 1st cycle had passed?
No confirmation yet but 16 bombs works.

And to get more than 3 shades you need to do at least 8 bombs first time to don't have the running part (only shades)... if you do 4 bombs first then you will have a running part and lost the first chance to shade and possible kills Oryx before get the 3rd shade.

BTW 16 bombs is the easiest way to kill Oryx lol you only need one time activate the bombs (and people can die) without any running part.

Rubenov

How do you play with TLW, Rub? Specifically, do you push with it or do you play a more passive game? I do much better at med/long range, but seem to trade when I go close.

I play a more passive game, but only because I'm looking for snipes. This is not the way I want to play, but I'm sort of forced to if I want to remain competitive.

ethomaz

Banned
I play a more passive game, but only because I'm looking for snipes. This is not the way I want to play, but I'm sort of forced to if I want to remain competitive.
I'm hating how everybody is using Snipers now in the Crucible... before the last update others close/mid range weapons were more effective.

chur

No confirmation yet but 16 bombs works.

And to get more than 3 shades you need to do at least 8 bombs first time to don't have the running part (only shades)... if you do 4 bombs first then you will have a running part and lost the first chance to shade and possible kills Oryx before get the 3rd shade.
Oh yeah I know about skipping the running part. I'm trying to see if it's possible to detonate 8 bombs on the 2nd cycle and then 4 bombs on cycles 3 and 4.

I just want to know in case I do it with a group that has trouble killing ogres in the same spot.

Fresh Run Hard Mode Raid - Plus Oryx Challenge Mode

When: 7:30pm EST tonight!

Who:
1. Me!

Looking to start fresh and then defeat Oryx with the challenge mode requirements. Already did Oryx Challenge Mode 2x this morning at reset. Reply with your PSN name and I will add you to the roster and repost when it is complete!

Looking for at least 1-2 Titans for Oryx, I will be running a Warlock at Oryx since my Hunter and Titan have completed Challenge Mode. I will be running up to Oryx with my Hunter.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I feel like I'm the only one that didn't actively participate in sparrow racing.
I just don't like racing games at all (I can get down with Mario Kart but that's about it), so SRL does nothing for me. I played one race and that was plenty for me. It's well-made and seems like a solid addition to the game for people who enjoy it though. I fully understand and accept that I can't get the unique rewards from this mode since I don't enjoy it, and that's completely fair and the way it should be.
Mars, Hawkian, Dorssom, Kreep, T-44. Get on it.
Still at work for seemingly infinite hours

StMeph

Newest information is the the only condition is taking Oryx down from 100->1% life, which means detonating at least 16 orbs in a single phase.

Do you all usually assign the floaters to take out Knight #4?

Yes, one of the 2 floaters that takes out the Ogres using Blessing/Malice will take out the 4th Knight and detonate the 4th bomb, or in this case the 4th collection of bombs. This is used in conjunction with those on the platforms being assigned a number (1=Oryx, 2=middle, 3=last platform).

Izuna

Banned
Do you all usually assign the floaters to take out Knight #4?

Make just one perm float to take him out. I ran it three times. Just tell people to go easy on their callouts:

Nothing other than...

- Ogre X dead
- Knight X dead
- Relic Got
- DPS Vessel
- Acolyte Eye/Holy Shit
- FUck Fukc Fuck
- OMFG CONTACTING DESTINY SERVERS
- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK

LTWood12

I just don't like racing games at all (I can get down with Mario Kart but that's about it), so SRL does nothing for me. I played one race and that was plenty for me. It's well-made and seems like a solid addition to the game for people who enjoy it though. I fully understand and accept that I can't get the unique rewards from this mode since I don't enjoy it, and that's completely fair and the way it should be.

I know the feeling. No worries I was actually able to grab it. So we're good.

Yes, one of the 2 floaters that takes out the Ogres using Blessing/Malice will take out the 4th Knight and detonate the 4th bomb, or in this case the 4th collection of bombs. This is used in conjunction with those on the platforms being assigned a number (1=Oryx, 2=middle, 3=last platform).

Yeah this is what I've always done but was curious if people did it differently.

Gammacide

Damn. 4 hours and no cm kill. This sucks
Yeah, that was rough. Maybe later today...or Thursday for me. Thanks for helping in the attempts though. :)

LT: it was a bunch of us gaffers. First a couple people left, then a single person here and a single person there. Never gelled properly...then the ogres teleported a couple of times when we were close so we called it for a while.

loki 16

Who:
1. Me!

Looking to start fresh and then defeat Oryx with the challenge mode requirements. Already did Oryx Challenge Mode 2x this morning at reset. Reply with your PSN name and I will add you to the roster and repost when it is complete!

Looking for at least 1-2 Titans for Oryx, I will be running a Warlock at Oryx since my Hunter and Titan have completed Challenge Mode. I will be running up to Oryx with my Hunter.
I would like to join my PSN is futbol_dude77. I will also be running a warlock.

D_psipher

Who:
1. Me!

I'll be home by then and would like to join you. PSN is d-psipher.

noomi

Same here actually

tumblr_inline_ml4jh7J31R1qz4rgp.gif

nah its bland and boring...and just not that fun... but why did they have to fuck with pvp....haven't wanted to play much since the patch.... and since no IB this month.........

A few of us exist.

If Bungie didn't tie the 320 helmet carrot at the end of the SRL stick, I doubt it would have been played by as much as it has been by most.

I havent even tried it. Not into it, tbh. Would rather have Iron Bandanna.

You missed nothing, so don't worry about it.

I ran two races. Have had no desire for a third.

I just want 320 helmets so I can bring up some gear. I put on a podcast and veg out...or I race Nami for sparrow pink slips.

You still got 2 weeks to check it out.

I did a few races as well, but this isn't the type of content I really look forward to in Destiny. I'm glad to know that there are those that enjoy it, and I think free content updates like this are great... I just wish there was more is all.

Not salty about it or anything... just feels a bit strange that the main thing in Destiny right now seems to be sparrow racing. Just not into it :/

Then again... what else is there really to do in Destiny these days?

Who:
1. Me!
4. Thenal84

I am in psn: thenal84

Ugh... I used to barely see Venus for SRL and now I can't get rid of it.

I can't seem to get Mars enough to work on my time. I'm floating around 4:21 to 4:24, but I can see places that need improvment, but I need consistency to practice those, dang it...

Meanwhile, Venus times are sitting around 4:01-4:06.

StMeph

I'm in if you have room for another Warlock.

PSN: StMeph

Who:
1. Me!

I would like to go. 317 Sunsinger Warlock. PSN kortez1981

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom