• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Here I am watching tv and out of nowhere I hear guardian down.

I'm like "who the fuck joined me?"

Then I see Ape's name. Damn that dirty ape! You interrupted Luke vs Vader 1.

GlamFM

Banned
I'd like to give it a shot, but I haven't attempted HM before. I am familiar with the fight though, and my max light is 307. I'd understand if that's too much of a hassle though.

I think at 307 you can't even take down the ads :(

I'm doing a full run afterwards though. Feel free to join.

While some of the things he listed were in TTK but slow rolled out, there were changes to both IB and Trials, and also new gear into the mix, as well as important changes to how bounties and quests in Crubible worked. It might be expected, but it's also new to year 2 and represents output from the team to build and release. Likewise HM. The new exotics and year 2 versions are not gimmies either, their perk trees had to be reworked.

I think the "we've come to expect that" mentality is actually a pretty hard one for Bungie to have to deal with. Yes, we've always had updates. But they represent a large and increasing workload to maintain and should definitely count in the tally of Bungie's output for the year.

RE: Iron Banner returns. It was the changes to the most recent go around - packages, updates to the bounties and quests - that got me to run it, for the first time ever. From my experience with it and what I read here, it seemed to be a big improvement over the first one post-TTK; I think that's noteworthy.

I like to give it a hard time.

I do agree bringing back year 1 stuff has to be reworked, but some of that was done prior to TTK release during Weapons 2.0, like RAM and No Land Beyond.

This is obviously a matter of opinion but Trials got worse. I understand the concept of making it harder as you go, but 99% of the teams ive faced with 7+ wins have had the worst connection. The bounties also does nothing as they earn you crap. Silver tier is rng but both xbox and ps4, I've completed it 4 times a week most weeks and have gotten nothing but blue engrams. Gold package is typically a crappy gun. I'd rather them have tiers for 9 wins with 0-4 losses.

IB did improve. Weekly bounties make it more worth it to play. Changing it to Clash, imo, was a nice change.

Overall, PvP bounty system improved. Even the weekly sub bounties. Changing wins to just finishing a match, and Rumble to top 3 instead of 1, good changes.

But I'll still say the quests are all part of the expansion that they released in parts that shouldn't really be bulleted.

3 X Oryx done, only one 320 helm but also got a 310 one on the same drop, loads of 310+ weapons so tomorrow will max PvP load outs then I'm pretty much done with raids apart from fun runs

I like the idea of the 16 blights but the fight is fucking tedious

IB and Trials shouldn't count as released content either.

To be clear, I wasn't talking about new content releases. I just meant to comment on the schedule of Year 2 so far. Rehashes or not, big changes or not, just about every week or two there's been something new.

But I don't see anything else on the horizon, at least not til 'Festival of Spring'.

Whats the recommended light for Oryx HM? I thought i saw that it was 310 and up does this change if one has a ToM?

I will hold my opinion of Oryx Challenge Mode until I complete it but so from what I've seen of it most likely the most boring change up of the boss fights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom