• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday i could not get an exotic on any way shape or form. 1st race today, exotic helmet.

I guess is to compensate the crappy nightfall rewards.

One of guys i was doing the nightfall, came late into it, got a 310 Mida

Dam was i salty, specialy when i got a 307 ghost...grrr

Heh, just got an exotic boot engram on my 21st coin.

Note that this week I got 18 strange coins for nightfall, and 17 strange coins from Shaxx...

Heh, just got an exotic boot engram on my 21st coin.

Note that this week I got 18 strange coins for nightfall, and 17 strange coins from Shaxx...
There was a time that i would have been over the moon with a 300 plus ghost. Now, strange coins would be god send (altough i seem to get them a lot on crucible and srl)

At least i got dragons breath from a legendary engram 😄

Rubenov

I ran two races. Have had no desire for a third.

I had a very intense Skirmish match last night. Heart racing, palms sweating. I played at a much higher level than I usually do, although I know I am always capable of it. I literally could not sustain that level of intensity. I don't know how you guys who go to the Lighthouse every week do it!

Skirmish now is significantly sweatier than Trials for me. I can only do 1 - 2 matches at a time, whereas before I could go all day.

LTWood12

http://www.twitch.tv/kinggothalion

Goth and crew are using the Sleeper to take down the Ogres.

Seems pretty easy. I guess I should infuse that thing I've never used.

mmmmhmmmm
86ZQYLml.jpg

Something something worst heavy in the game yeah yeah whatever

Afrocious

I'm up for 6pm oryx challenge btw

s/n

fucking asshole killed up people in a theater and now i cant even bring my lightsaber to the star wars showing. jesus christ, why the fuck do people have such a hard-on for guns when insane people obviously can obtain them?

Ryck

I'm up for 6pm oryx challenge btw

s/n

fucking asshole killed up people in a theater and now i cant even bring my lightsaber to the star wars showing. jesus christ, why the fuck do people have such a hard-on for guns when insane people obviously can obtain them?
Again?!?

So with the information that we have another Festival of the Lost, and then an event "Bigger" than Sparrow Racing, lets pose a hypothetical.

There were two things that were requested like crazy in Year 1, pretty much simultaneously. Sparrow racing was one, and the other was Ship to Ship combat.

So assuming Bungie took both of those requests to heart, and started working on them together, let's assuming for this exercise that Ship Combat is coming in March.

What's your opinion on that?

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LQPB8FJ

quoting this for a new page.

So, just a tough on this pay_for_stuff in destiny. Seing that activision is now in charge, how much do you guys think the money grabbing idea is bungie and how much is activision? They are doing the same for cod after all.

LordofPwn

no need for sleeper for ogres when you got 2 TITANS up top with ToMs wrecking them.

Oryx should be easier with my groups strat this week because no need to run in circles or go to bombs until the end.

Afrocious

So, just a tough on this pay_for_stuff in destiny. Seing that activision is now in charge, how much do you guys think the money grabbing idea is bungie and how much is activision? They are doing the same for cod after all.

I dunno, but to me, it doesn't matter much since Bungie went along with Activision.

*kanye shrug*

Namikaze1

Defender Titans are the MVPs of this week's challenge.

Nightstalker Hunters are not that far behind as their tethers are so damn useful against the shade.

Warlocks are only good for self rez.

Wait who the fuck says this? It's absurdly good.

A newbie I was running Oryx with (albeit on Normal) was using a Rocket Launcher on the Ogres and was cleaning 'em up. I have a 320 Harrowed Elulium's Frenzy with Tripod I might use on Ogres tonight. Seems like for sustained damage like you need on WP and Golgi, Snipers are better, but for instant, gotta die times, nothing beats (year 1) BOFA.

tumblr_nhxt00QlgH1r3n11po1_r1_500.png

Skirmish now is significantly sweatier than Trials for me. I can only do 1 - 2 matches at a time, whereas before I could go all day.

Any thoughts about the balance patch changes now that you got a weekend of trials in?

I'm still all in with my Hawksaw, but I noticed a huge increase in TLW + Sniper even on Drifter this weekend.

Rubenov

Any thoughts about the balance patch changes now that you got a weekend of trials in?

I'm still all in with my Hawksaw, but I noticed a huge increase in TLW + Sniper even on Drifter this weekend.

TLW/sniper is the way to go at high-level play. Anything else may be handicapping you. TLW is really good at shutting down shotguns, especially after it got a buff and shotguns got nerfed.

Previous meta took many weeks to settle, this meta was decided almost instantly. This means Bungie fucked up.

I 100% agree with this, Will be racing more tonight, Need to fill some more socks with helmets.

For those of you whose argument against getting helmets in SRL is "it's not fun", speak for yourself. I for one enjoy the departure from the normal routine in this game, and I appreciate getting useful rewards from a fairly laid-back experience.

If your reasoning is "I've had a horrible time with oryx over months and not much to show for it", than that's a knock on the raid and the raid loot system, not SRL. I get it, you don't like driving your sparrow. You don't speak for me, though. I'll happily take my 320 helmets from racing.

Also, git good imo
kappa

X B O X B O Y Z

Zocano

TLW/sniper is the way to go at high-level play. Anything else may be handicapping you. TLW is really good at shutting down shotguns, especially after it got a buff and shotguns got nerfed.

Previous meta took many weeks to settle, this meta was decided almost instantly. This means Bungie fucked up.

It's almost as if hand cannons are inherently better than the other 3 primary types because they work the best with the game's movement.

Afrocious

A newbie I was running Oryx with (albeit on Normal) was using a Rocket Launcher on the Ogres and was cleaning 'em up. I have a 320 Harrowed Elulium's Frenzy with Tripod I might use on Ogres tonight. Seems like for sustained damage like you need on WP and Golgi, Snipers are better, but for instant, gotta die times, nothing beats (year 1) BOFA.

tumblr_nhxt00QlgH1r3n11po1_r1_500.png

i love how korra has the heart of praxic fire and a gjallarhorn

this is like a drawing of Y1 me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom