• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Not really important. For raids you only want Titans and Hunters with Titan Defender being the best class by a country mile. Just don't play a Warlock please. They are for scrubs who like to get a free card out of jail and a very filthy characters in general. They are useless in Raids and the true lone wolves of this game.
And they can't jump.

Spent 4 hours on Oryx cm yesterday morning and came up with nothing but befuddlement. Joined an even more random team of Gaffers last night and got it in like a half hour. When it clicks it is easy and fun. When it doesn't it is tedium and frustration defined. Now to focus all my effort on SRL. I really miss Iron Banner. :-(

This right here is why I think King's Fall is a failure. A successful attempt is 10 minutes. You tried for 4.5 hours. 4.5 hours of tedium and frustration for only 10 minutes of fun is not good.

WipedOut

Not really important. For raids you only want Titans and Hunters with Titan Defender being the best class by a country mile. Just don't play a Warlock please. They are for scrubs who like to get a free card out of jail and a very filthy characters in general. They are useless in Raids and the true lone wolves of this game.

More Titans the better, Really only need 1 maybe 2 Hunters. We had no problems with the Shade, Lag was killing us last night, we got all the way to the end and one bomb didn't detonate due to lag. Had to go to orbit several times until we found a good host and finally killed the bastard.

Pretty sure this should become the best strat to kill him in the future. Make it so easy, reduces the silly deaths due to trying to get back from Bomb detonation.

This right here is why I think King's Fall is a failure. A successful attempt is 10 minutes. You tried for 4.5 hours. 4.5 hours of tedium and frustration for only 10 minutes of fun is not good.

I did maybe 2 hours worth of attempts with a team where our first run we detonated 14 bombs instead of 16 somehow. Thought it showed promise for a first run so then I stuck around. Came to find out the insanely drunk dude didn't know where his knight spawned when he was on a specific platform and never said anything so whenever he was on back right we would lose X number of orbs. Took me a few runs of detonating to see. Came back on this morning and finished a run in 20 minutes with a LFG group.

LTWood12

320 Scout that I infused into my 315 full auto raid scout
310 Harrowed Hand Cannon w/ Firefly
310 Normal Hand Cannon
310 Normal Heavy Machine Gun
307 Rock launcher
304 Helmet
313 Gloves (already have 317 gloves)

Basically a bunch of infusion fuel.

All I want is the Harrowed Helmet so I can get the shader.

Edit: oh yeah, and I had 20 shards for giggles.

I got 2 shards back.

Fuck you, too, Oryx.

Wow I got a fraction of that.
320 Smite w/ GHF
310 Zhouli's Bane w/ FF
312 Titan Gauntlets

I don't believe it's possible for you to have gotten two normal mode heavy weapons from this. And if you got one, it would've been as a result of the 20 shards.

I don't believe it's possible for you to have gotten two normal mode heavy weapons from this. And if you got one, it would've been as a result of the 20 shards.

Yeah. I know that 20 shards don't literally turn into 2 shards, but it's a really shitty feedback loop. I can't know that for sure. There's no indication that it actually worked and what I got for it. It's supposed to be a player positive RNG mitigation design, but as implemented it's terrible because it doesn't actually communicate to the player.

I'd make 2 changes to shards.
  • First, shards on their own can be used to infuse gear and increase the light by 1. That way if you have one slot that's dragging you down & RNG isn't being friendly, you can mitigate that. And that way you don't get disappointed when you only get shards. It also gives an incentive to do every boss.
  • Second, I'd introduce a new consummable that costs 20 shards. After you kill Oryx you can consume that and a new chest would appear just for you with your extra drop.
Man, I don't even know if that second normal Heavy drop was from Oryx. I don't pay attention to Normal drops. Because what's the point once you get past 310 light?

Remember how Luke said he was going to look into 300 light drops because it does suck to get 300 light from the raid when you can get a perfectly rolled rare with that. Yeah. What happened to that? Because I got a 310 Harrowed Hand Cannon and a 310 Normal Hand Cannon.

Raid drops are bad and should feel bad.

CBTech

A defender titan is one of the most fundamental classes for end game activities. A bubble is so flexible and has tons of utility.

Aw, that's kind of annoying. Why is there such a difference in class balance? Is it mainly the durability of the Titan which makes it strong and the Warlock weak? I figured Warlock's would have the highest damage output due to being the "mage" of the game and would still have a purpose.

E92 M3

Aw, that's kind of annoying. Why is there such a difference in class balance? Is it mainly the durability of the Titan which makes it strong and the Warlock weak? I figured Warlock's would have the highest damage output due to being the "mage" of the game and would still have a purpose.

Warlocks are a fun class, but some people use them as a clutch for careless plays. For instance, Stormtrance is wonderful for clearing massive amounts of ads in a pinch.

I think I may right up an essay on just how fucked up the Year 2 end game is, in so many respects.

But ain't nobody got time for 3,000 words on something they already feel every time they play Destiny.

WipedOut

I've watched a bunch of videos of people taking out the ogres in Hard Mode, why the hell are they using snipers instead of putting weapons and blessing in the middle and melting them with the Malice? We have been using this technique and ogres literally disintegrate before they are fully out of the ground. This also helps with the teleporting 4th Ogre problem.

StMeph

It's the utility brought to the table. Titans have a bubble that's priceless on defense. Hunters are mobile and can generate ridiculous amounts of orbs/super energy for Titans to fuel that bubble. Warlocks just resurrect themselves to recover from mistakes. It doesn't do anything if the run is going smoothly. Edit: Hunter Tethering is also good for more than orb generation.

Source: I am a Warlock.

Unstable

It's everybody's job to shoot guns. If you're good at that then your fine. A good player is a good player regardless of class. Titan's Defender subclass has extremely good utility, hunter's nightstalker as well. Warlocks don't really have that utility.

ethomaz

Banned
Warlocks are way more durables than Titans lol

To be Warlocks are stronger than Titan in every single point.

Best class in the game... easy mode.

Deku Tree

It's the utility brought to the table. Titans have a bubble that's priceless on defense. Hunters are mobile and can generate ridiculous amounts of orbs/super energy for Titans to fuel that bubble. Warlocks just resurrect themselves to recover from mistakes. It doesn't do anything if the run is going smoothly.

Source: I am a Warlock.

Start running storm caller and stop worrying about the precious res. Stormcaller Warlocks can generate as many or more orbs than Hunters. So can sun singers if you are willing to pop your super.

Lnkn52

It's everybody's job to shoot guns. If you're good at that then your fine. A good player is a good player regardless of class. Titan's Defender subclass has extremely good utility, hunter's nightstalker as well. Warlocks don't really have that utility.

Most of the sweaty players use a Sunsinger Warlock. IDK Stabbie.

E92 M3

I think I may right up an essay on just how fucked up the Year 2 end game is, in so many respects.

But ain't nobody got time for 3,000 words on something they already feel every time they play Destiny.

I'll gladly read it.

I've watched a bunch of videos of people taking out the ogres in Hard Mode, why the hell are they using snipers instead of putting weapons and blessing in the middle and melting them with the Malice? We have been using this technique and ogres literally disintegrate before they are fully out of the ground. This also helps with the teleporting 4th Ogre problem.

Yeah Malice really wrecks them quick. If people on platforms shoot as well, it's even better.

WipedOut

I'll gladly read it.

Yeah Malice really wrecks them quick. If people on platforms shoot as well, it's even better.

Yeah but with Weapons they don't even need to, all they need to focus on is add and Knights, The LFG random titan that was in the middle with me had a 320 Malice and I was rocking a 319, simply destroying everything in our path. Also provides a safe place in the middle for everyone to run to and we can take care of the 3rd and 4th knight from there.

The titan bubble is a crutch shared by other guardians in the fireteam. In trouble.....pop bubble..that otherwise might have ended up a death. So in essence what I'm saying is......GIT GUD lol.

I did maybe 2 hours worth of attempts with a team where our first run we detonated 14 bombs instead of 16 somehow. Thought it showed promise for a first run so then I stuck around. Came to find out the insanely drunk dude didn't know where his knight spawned when he was on a specific platform and never said anything so whenever he was on back right we would lose X number of orbs. Took me a few runs of detonating to see. Came back on this morning and finished a run in 20 minutes with a LFG group.
There is always one fool who messes up the raid. But yeah I think having the person on the platform above the knight kill that knight is easier than sniping across to the opposite platform.

Iceman829

Do they even have malices? I know the thought here is everyone should have one, but I've been in a few PUG where people don't have ToM and can still beat oryx.

E92 M3

Yeah but with Weapons they don't even need to, all they need to focus on is add and Knights, The LFG random titan that was in the middle with me had a 320 Malice and I was rocking a 319, simply destroying everything in our path. Also provides a safe place in the middle for everyone to run to and we can take care of the 3rd and 4th knight from there.

It really works either way at the end of the day. As long as people kill the acolyte eyes. I tell everyone to kill acolyte eyes lol.

ocean

Banned
Warlocks have the best melee options and the best grenades. Their max armor is almost as high as Titan's (difference being negligible tbh), with the highest base Recovery - making them effectively the most survivable class. Their Supers are all good, with Voidwalker's being on the weak side for PvE.

But yeah outside having ass-tier jumps (jumps are bad enough to make me hate the class and make it my least used), Warlock abilities are amazingly good and arguably the best in the game.

WipedOut

Do they even have malices? I know the thought here is everyone should have one, but I've been in a few PUG where people don't have ToM and can still beat oryx.

I would assume this late in the game and you're trying the challenge mode that they would have a malice.

It really works either way at the end of the day. As long as people kill the acolyte eyes. I tell everyone to kill acolyte eyes lol.

True - it just seems like there is more room for problems to arise if you're trying to snipe, one missed shot and the ogre starts stampeding towards the middle.

Lnkn52

This is true. If you plan on dying in Destiny, Warlock's your class. They're the best at it!

1004.gif

ethomaz

Banned
Most of the sweaty players use a Sunsinger Warlock. IDK Stabbie.
Because it is the better overall sub-class in the game.

- Best one hit kill tracking grenade
- Best mid range melee with flame shield each hit (you will never loose on melee... in fact you will win even against supers)
- Best armor super with spam of the best grenade
- Best gun in the game TLALOC (Scout Rifle damage that fires like Auto Rifle)

A can say more... the others useless sub-classes needs to evolve a lot to reach Sunsingers levels.

E92 M3

Warlocks have the best melee options and the best grenades. Their max armor is almost as high as Titan's (difference being negligible tbh), with the highest base Recovery - making them effectively the most survivable class. Their Supers are all good, with Voidwalker's being on the weak side for PvE.

But yeah outside having ass-tier jumps (jumps are bad enough to make me hate the class and make it my least used), Warlock abilities are amazingly good and arguably the best in the game.

And floating aimlessly.

Warlock jump has so much utility! I absolutely love it. Sometimes it messes me up, but for the most part, I don't mind it at all.

Lima

Yo can Bungie like please update their API do we can transfer the new gear and weapons with the various apps and website? How long did it I take them in the past? I'm so tried of going to the tower man.

E92 M3

Yo can Bungie like please update their API do we can transfer the new gear and weapons with the various apps and website? How long did it I take them in the past? I'm so tried of going to the tower man.

Try the Bungie gear manager if you have a computer near you. It's so fucking good and fast.

Unstable

You not feeling nostalgic for how it used to be?

Seriously tho someone needs put a fire under the web teams ass to update their API.

But how. Its still 11 am on wednesday where i live. Are premieres really starting that soon now? Im only watching it on saturday.

Wait, how is he able to watch Star Wars so early?

Pros of living in the future..

I am looking at going to Melb early Feb, what's the weather like at that time, hot as hell like Perth?

Early Feb is usually quite warm, with dry winds. Feb is my least favorite month of the year, hate the heat.

Ruthless, awesome man!

I'm going with my family tomorrow @ 7PM.

NO SPOILERS

quote pics plz. jesus. Have fun, I'm 11 hours away :|

Have fun, a lot of people at the theater were dressed up in jedi robes, as ewoks and jawas, some had lightsabers....should have carried mine too.

12391793_759687600827446_7254735327209308613_n.jpg

Last 30 mins!

How did you like it?

Ruthless, you better not spoil anything!

Must denounce warlocks and accept them as worst class if you want to be spoiler free :p

Namikaze1

If last night CM run is the last raid run with the crew for the foreseeable future (till Destiny 2 or if Bungie adds a new raid (unlikely)) then it ended on a high ass note.

Fig to breezy: I will fucking murder you in your sleep
Context: Breezy had died due to getting too close to the Shade bubble. His death cost us an otherwise perfect run. Breezy died again after the wipe. Breezy joked about going next to the shade bubble again and that's when Fig made her "threat"

Fig to todd: *long list of things*

1. Todd not running to his bombs
2. Todd missing his knights
3. Todd forgetting his platform
4. Todd being late to said platform
Plus some more not listed.

For once, I didn't get yelled at! :D

We had a lot of laughs last night. It was hilarious.

Here's what I want:

LOADOUTS.

I want a PvE/PvP loadout for each subclass and/or strictly for different weapon loadouts. Then, a stupid 7th loadout to be above 311 for "decrypting" purposes since they can't just calculate your highest light or set a flag that says you've reached 300+ or 311+.

If last night CM run is the last raid run with the crew for the foreseeable future (till Destiny 2 or if Bungie adds a new raid (unlikely)) then it ended on a high ass note.

Fig to breezy: I will fucking murder you in your sleep
Context: Breezy had died due to getting too close to the Shade bubble. His death cost us an otherwise perfect run. Breezy died again after the wipe. Breezy joked about going next to the shade bubble again and that's when Fig made her "threat"

Fig to todd: *long list of things*

1. Todd not running to his bombs
2. Todd missing his knights
3. Todd forgetting his platform
4. Todd being late to said platform
Plus some more not listed.

For once, I didn't get yelled at! :D

We had a lot of laughs last night. It was hilarious.

It was worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom