• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trakan

If you don't want people chasing the max level, just make them max level. Like they did in Year 1.

The perfect system seems like a system I've heard WoW does. Weapons/armor drop rates like VoG, but each boss also drops shards or some sort of currency where you can also buy everything if you have enough of them.

The perfect system seems like a system I've heard WoW does. Weapons/armor drop rates like VoG, but each boss also drops shards or some sort of currency where you can also buy everything if you have enough of them.

The existing system would be perfectly fine if Oryx (or other end game activities) dropped an item that simply added a small amount of Light Level to an item of your choosing. This way, even if you don't loot anything, you can apply a little bit of progress to something of your choosing.

Hell, make it something Eris can sell for 20 Moldering shards.

GhaleonEB

2. Re-dropping exotics. In year 1 people were up in arms that they had to trade in their old exotic for a new unleveled exotic (and rightly so). This year, essentially the same thing is happening - for most exotics its better/easier to just wait for a new version to drop as an engram and decode it at 310 then it is to infuse up an "old" one at 280 or 290.

I am okay with how returning exotics were handled this time around.

With TDB:

• We had to wait for Xur to bring a subset of upgrades around each week.
  • Upgrading reset progress and it took ages to level exotics.
  • We had to re-level the gear to get back to max light levels (damage / armor nodes).
  • All it did was bump light levels.
With TTK:
  • We buy the exotic of our choice from the blueprints kiosk, or from engrams. (3oC boosts drop rates greatly.)
  • Leveling exotic weapons is very fast, and can be shortened with motes of light which are in abundance. Armor takes longer, but can be boosted with motes.
  • Exotics arrive at high light levels, but do need to be infused if you are very high level. (Engrams can drop at 310.)
  • The exotic perk is unlocked by default.
  • There are new perk trees and in some cases, altered behaviors and visuals.
Aside from having to infuse exotics from the blueprints, it's a night and day difference from how this was handled with TDB. And infusion can happen quickly, especially compared to having to re-level a year 1 exotic.

Stantron

Regarding the SRL gear with flashing LEDs that you get from the record book. Do you need to equip the full set in order for the LEDs to blink? I deleted the helmet because it was only 3 defense and had worse perks than my other SRL helmet. I want the flashing LEDs damnit, lol.

WoW also introduced a system to put some variety in gear that drops. The pieces you get might drop with a gem socket, extra perk, extra armor/damage...meaning that even when you have a full set, theres still somethong you can chase.

...and how raid sets modify your abilities. Destiny desperately needs that.

Regarding the SRL gear with flashing LEDs that you get from the record book. Do you need to equip the full set in order for the LEDs to blink? I deleted the helmet because it was only 3 defense and had worse perks than my other SRL helmet. I want the flashing LEDs damnit, lol.

You need all the gear + a SRL bond/cape/mark

LTWood12

you done fucked up.

Mindlog

You can run song of flame for example, but nobody does.
Honestly for PvP I prefer radiant skin and for PvE the utility of revival is handy.

I've always been very aggressive with my supers as a Warlock. The changes they made to orb generation are frustrating. My Bad Juju/OM Voidwalker used to be great at heavy hitting orb generation. Now it is pretty mediocre at both. If you want to heavy hit you go with a Stormcaller and if you only want to generate orbs you may as well go Sunsinger with heavy.

Striker suffers similarly, but they still have a lot of Arc Burn utility with fun movement.
Arc Blade was always more of a utility super. Cloak was the big advantage for PvE and Quick Draw for PvP.
Voidwalker has Axion Bolts and blink with high armor/regen.

They can't balance all the classes all the time, but some of them have a bit of an identity crisis. Don't know how they will fix it when they introduce the Ice class in Destiny 2. ME3 MP solved it with power combos.

Speaking of 1 step forward... to the side..... to the side... Now dip.... It's really annoying that they didn't just add a use timer to Three of Coins instead of an invisible timer and the potential to burn through them unnecessarily.
What brave guardians wants to attempt Oryx challenge around 2:30pm EST:

1.) Me
2.) friend
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
Don't know how many replied and 50/50 if I am there in time, but I need it as well.

With TTK:
  • We buy the exotic of our choice from the blueprints kiosk, or from engrams. (3oC boosts drop rates greatly.)

• I upgraded almost the entire first batch of exotics and of those I'm pretty sure the only one I still use is Bad Juju. Everything else dropped at a higher level and it was so much cheaper to just use those. That's probably north of 2 dozen exotic shards and all the associated materials flushed down the drain because infusing was silly. After that I refuse to use the Kiosk again. I even want to try the new Dragon's Breath, but I won't bother with a 280.

I just want carrots.

The only carrot for me is the Grasp of Mallok which requires insane amount of grinding 1 boss. I want more carrots and some that doesn't require beating 1 particular boss for hours on end.

E92 M3

With TDB:

• We had to wait for Xur to bring a subset of upgrades around each week.
  • Upgrading reset progress and it took ages to level exotics.
  • We had to re-level the gear to get back to max light levels (damage / armor nodes).
  • All it did was bump light levels.
With TTK:
  • Leveling exotic weapons is very fast, and can be shortened with motes of light which are in abundance. Armor takes longer, but can be boosted with motes.
  • Exotics arrive at high light levels, but do need to be infused if you are very high level. (Engrams can drop at 310.)
  • The exotic perk is unlocked by default.
  • There are new perk trees and in some cases, altered behaviors and visuals.
Aside from having to infuse exotics from the blueprints, it's a night and day difference from how this was handled with TDB. And infusion can happen quickly, especially compared to having to re-level a year 1 exotic.

Infusion is such a hassle though, for multiple reasons:

- Exotics only take 70% with a minimum of 4 light
- They require an exotic shard
- Infusion fuel takes up tons of space in the vault

I'd be so happy to get Etheric Light back.

Frith

so i'm super new been playing for a few hours (i got to level 6 in demo last year) and am level 8

maybe im missing a menu or something but how do i try the sparrow racing league ive talked to the lady who gave me a quest to get my c licence but now i have no idea where to go or what to do. my quest steps i seem to have to talk to her again but that does nothing but open up her shop menu thing

im so confused

do i need to buy one of her sparrows? how am i not talling

this seems to be ungooglable as i imagine the how of actually doing a quest is so basic no one would ever write it down

feeling incredibly dumb right now

LTWood12

Wait... so if you buy the $10 book and then acquire all of the armor from it, and then if you delete the armor, then you can never get it back?

That is correct. What did you expect? There's no armor kiosk, and if they made it infinite you'd just have a free legendary marks generator. It's what the 'lock' button is for.

E92 M3

That's a pretty cool perk. Do they have a list of all the proposed exotic perks the sub suggested?

I still would like to see the one I suggested a while back; delivering a precision kill shot will briefly cause the enemy to attack his allies before he dies.

I haven't looked into that actually. Just a shame that Bungie is conservative with with their perks. And your perk idea wouldn't touch PVP, so that's good.

so i'm super new been playing for a few hours (i got to level 6 in demo last year) and am level 8

maybe im missing a menu or something but how do i try the sparrow racing league ive talked to the lady who gave me a quest to get my c licence but now i have no idea where to go or what to do. my quest steps i seem to have to talk to her again but that does nothing but open up her shop menu thing

im so confused

do i need to buy one of her sparrows? how am i not talling

this seems to be ungooglable as i imagine the how of actually doing a quest is so basic no one would ever write it down

feeling incredibly dumb right now

It's ok.

Go to the Director (Where you can see the planets that are selectable).
On the bottom left of that screen, there will be 5 icons. The leftmost icon is for SRL!

That is correct. What did you expect? There's no armor kiosk, and if they made it infinite you'd just have a free legendary marks generator. It's what the 'lock' button is for.

Normally yes. But Bungie has said they're looking into a way to restore accidental deletions of the Book gear.

LTWood12

Normally yes. But Bungie has said they're looking into a way to restore accidental deletions of the Book gear.

Fuck! Yeah I figured that was the case. I should be able to rebuy the gear from Tess. I guess that would make too much sense for Bungie. Instead I get to rebuy the shit-tier gear. Yay.

Yeah they should've just made it not give you legendary marks for dismantling. Then they could just have it there for you to pick up at Tess' kiosk.

Does anyone know what grimoire were awarded on completion of Oryx challenge mode? Was one of them "Calcified Fragments: Insight"? That's the only one I'm missing. OCD kicking in.

RNG does smile upon me, however:
kTSkmTBh.jpg

Daemul

Welp. I go away for a day and come back to find that many DestinyGAF members have gone on a break from the game.

OMG player who came in LAST PLACE and DIDN'T EVEN FINISH THE RACE got a OMG a 320 HELMET!!!! And I got blue junk!!!

This is how I got my 320 helmets. I was so bored of sparrow racing by the time I hit rank 3 so I just fucking around all the time and never finished races, and I still got my two 320 helmets. It was hilarious.

ethomaz

Banned
I need 1 win to get the Crucible NF package for my Titan.

Only 1 win.

I lost every single time with this useless Sunbreaker... fuck that.

Deku Tree

Can you move the book over to another character and redo the challenge for that specific piece of armor?

The book of statistics is account wide, and the only things that drop that are different are the helmets which are class specific but you can grab them from the book on any character.

Stantron

Hmm, good to know. Let's see if they actually fix this before the event ends. Doubt it.

Yeah they should've just made it not give you legendary marks for dismantling. Then they could just have it there for you to pick up at Tess' kiosk.
Or just make the items cost ledendary marks for rebuying. That's how they handle the initial beige color set.

If the helmet didn't have the shit perk that makes your sparrow respawn quicker, I would have leveled it. It also didn't have the cool elf ears. Ah well.

Raven117

Anyone on with oryx hard mode challenge cp?

Just trying to save some of us gafers time tonight.

I would greatly appreciate it!

neoism

Welp. I go away for a day and come back to find that many DestinyGAF members have gone on a break from the game.

This is how I got my 320 helmets. I was so bored of sparrow racing by the time I hit rank 3 so I just fucking around all the time and never finished races, and I still got my two 320 helmets. It was hilarious.

lol guess ill try that lol

LTWood12

Think I'm going to pick up the rank 1 Arminus-D w/ Rangefinder & Braced Frame. I'll buy another package for next week in case we get a counter balance roll.

Thanks to everyone that replied to my post.

I think a couple of people on the last few posts have summarised what I don't like about the new exotic system...and I'd say looking forwards it could be even worse...what if a new subset of exotics can be bought at 380 then you find out that engrams can decrypt at 410...and even more rarely drop at 420 from a trials bounty.

You could end up with 5 iterations of an obsidian mind.

So I don't really want to buy an exotic now at 280 to try because I know it already needs 20 or 30 light to make it useful...PLUS I might need to put another 100 light into it during destiny 2.

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
So I started the challenge modes needing 4 calcified fragments, 3 for challenges, and thalnok. I've done all three challenges and thalnok, grimoire shows 50, tracker shows 50, character screen shows in game shows 49. Feeling a little salty

flkraven

So I started the challenge modes needing 4 calcified fragments, 3 for challenges, and thalnok. I've done all three challenges and thalnok, grimoire shows 50, tracker shows 50, character screen shows in game shows 49. Feeling a little salty

You probably got 1 on a different character that you missed on your main.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom