• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
If last night CM run is the last raid run with the crew for the foreseeable future (till Destiny 2 or if Bungie adds a new raid (unlikely)) then it ended on a high ass note.

Fig to breezy: I will fucking murder you in your sleep
Context: Breezy had died due to getting too close to the Shade bubble. His death cost us an otherwise perfect run. Breezy died again after the wipe. Breezy joked about going next to the shade bubble again and that's when Fig made her "threat"

Fig to todd: *long list of things*

1. Todd not running to his bombs
2. Todd missing his knights
3. Todd forgetting his platform
4. Todd being late to said platform
Plus some more not listed.

For once, I didn't get yelled at! :D

We had a lot of laughs last night. It was hilarious.

Poor Todd :(

Yeah but with Weapons they don't even need to, all they need to focus on is add and Knights, The LFG random titan that was in the middle with me had a 320 Malice and I was rocking a 319, simply destroying everything in our path. Also provides a safe place in the middle for everyone to run to and we can take care of the 3rd and 4th knight from there.

As someone that was on those platforms as you were floating, seeing the Ogre's health bar disintegrate before their respawn animation is complete is great and, like you said, lets us focus on adds and the damn eyes before the Knights come out. Lag was the true killer last night, but went smoothly once it cleared up.

Glad to have a 320 primary (straight into my Hung Jury) and have a character at 319. 320 Ghost is my new white whale, but running the raid outside of Challenge mode feels moot now with no guarantee.

E92 M3

I'll give Bungie $30 for quadruple the vault space. It's hampering my experience to not have space for collecting various loot.

WipedOut

As someone that was on those platforms as you were floating, seeing the Ogre's health bar disintegrate before their respawn animation is complete is great and, like you said, lets us focus on adds and the damn eyes before the Knights come out. Lag was the true killer last night, but went smoothly once it cleared up.

Glad to have a 320 primary (straight into my Hung Jury) and have a character at 319. 320 Ghost is my new white whale, but running the raid outside of Challenge mode feels moot now with no guarantee.

For an LFG group it went surprisingly well. But yeah, you might have better luck just playing IB at the end of the month instead of running the rest of the raid. I'm not going to say I'm not doing the raid anymore after this week but I'm definitely not going out of my way. Two more Oryx kills left this week then back to tomb raider and SRL.

I'll give Bungie $30 for quadruple the vault space. It's hampering my experience to not have space for collecting various loot.
I'll give them $30 for the vault space and to be able to move my characters between consoles.

Lima

Here's what I want:

LOADOUTS.

I want a PvE/PvP loadout for each subclass and/or strictly for different weapon loadouts. Then, a stupid 7th loadout to be above 311 for "decrypting" purposes since they can't just calculate your highest light or set a flag that says you've reached 300+ or 311+.

Loadouts for iOS has you covered bro. Best app for Destiny.

A Rough Draft Outline:

Year 2 End Game: The Problems of Year 1, Compounded

Year 1's Major Problem
Progression by RNG or the #Forever29 Problem

Broken Promises: Fixes for Year 2 that actually doubled down on the Year 1 Problems
Promise 1: Progression no longer gated by RNG
Reality: Character level, isn't, but Light dictates everything in this game, and Light is RNG^RNG

Promise 2: A lessened vertical power climb to allow for specialization and horizontal progression
Reality: The vertical power climb is essentially infinite because you'll never get to 320 like you did with 30,32 and 34. Vertical climb was further increased by a second, higher cap from HM/Trials.​

The Light System's Flaws
  • The light system dictates everything in this game, both your attack and your defense. Light is all that matters.
  • The game, per Luke, is balanced around Light, not around stats, perks.
  • Light isn't a felt property like a good gun is. Being 315 doesn't feel different than being 305.
  • Light creates a significant disconnect between leveling (progress is increases in light) and end game (progress was stated by the design to focus on specialization)
  • Light further complicates damage interactions and involves 5 factors:
    1) Your character's level
    2) Your light level
    3) Your gun's light level
    4) Your enemy's level
    5) Your enemey's light level
  • Character level feels meaningless, especially since there's subclass level as well. Like what does being a level 30 Titan even mean versus a level 33 Titan? What gear you can equip? Is that it?
  • It doesn't "feel" good to go down in light when you equip other gear, say your PvP gear, or gear that you actually enjoy playing with that isn't the highest light you have.
  • Cosmetics have been co-opted into a stat based system, which destroys their role.
  • Accidently decrypting gear too low because you don't have your highest light gear equipped.
  • Playing regular crucible with normalized damage may make you think you can use whatever light you want, but your rewards are based on your equipped light, so prepare for 240 light drops.
A Loot Game with No Loot
  • Drop rates are too low to allow for meaningful specialization.
  • Most weapons people use are coming from vendors or the Gunsmith.
  • Artifacts don't actually do anything and can only hurt you in light.
  • Strike specific loot is really cool, but the drop rates are so low that there's no point in it unless it's a Nightfall or you're a no-lifer.
  • Shaders, the only remaining cosmetic option for players, have an infinitesimal drop rate.
  • No increased rewards for being higher level or playing better (in PvE). In Diablo, playing Torment X rains legendaries on me. I get the same # of drops whatever I do in Destiny, regardless of what level or light I'm at.
An Unrewarding Raid
  • Year 1's raid had weapons that broke the sandbox, either from power or burns
  • Year 2's raid rewards are thus instead focused on being a reliable source of high light weapons. Light increases, as established above, are not felt by the player. Just a number.
  • Getting just shards from a boss sucks.
  • Getting 2 shards for 20 shards, while not actually what happens, sucks.
Other miscellaneous topics:
  • Nightfalls are pointless, especially with the introduction of 3oC for getting exotics anywhere.
  • Balance changes that are for PvP only that hurt the PvE things you've been building toward.

That's just off the top of my head.
shits-on-fire-yo__zero.jpeg

When I was doing CM last night with my Warlock, I barely died during the encounter (I think once, after we bombed all of the lights). But yeah, they need to do something for them, like give them the ability to instant revive or heal SOMEONE ELSE, not themselves to make them play smart and not YOLO swag 420 play style.

The only reason I play with the Sunsinger subclass is because they have the best grenades for Warlocks and that is it. Flame Shield is nice, but it doesn't do anything else like how the Defender Titan can get godly reload speed after a melee kill.

The bottom line is that the class can't make enough orbs while Defender Titans and Nightstalker Hunters can make a shitload of them. They just need to make Sunsinger into a medic class or something that can make orbs because the current state for all of the subs in PVE feels like complete shit.

ethomaz

Banned
Best Sunsinger PVP Build (aka The Exterminator).

- Fusion Grenade
- Balanced Glide (choose you feel better)
- Fireborn (for emergencies... you won't use super btw)
- Flame Shield
- Arcane Force
- Viking Funeral (you can choose Sunburst too)
- Chaos Order
- Gift of the Sun (in some occasions like Trials you can use Touch of Flame with Firebolt Grenade)

Focus in this order: Dis > Str > Int

Exotic Gear: The Ram (or Light Beyond Nemesis if your team didn't have Quick Revive in Trials)

Exotic Weapon: TLALOC (the killer machine after get SUPER up... you will lose only to Rockets and maybe SMG in 1v1 battles)

Notes.
- After you get the SUPER don't use it
- Learn how to combo Melee with everything else
- Use and abuse of grenades
- Use Melee at close range to get shield (with The Ram + Shield you will survive to most supers or one hit kill moves in the game)

This build is made to win over any others sub-class in competitive PVP... it destroy in Trials.

Deku Tree

When I was doing CM last night with my Warlock, I barely died during the encounter (I think once, after we bombed all of the lights). But yeah, they need to do something for them, like give them the ability to instant revive or heal SOMEONE ELSE, not themselves to make them play smart and not YOLO swag 420 play style.

The only reason I play with the Sunsinger subclass is because they have the best grenades for Warlocks and that is it. Flame Shield is nice, but it doesn't do anything else like how the Defender Titan can get godly reload speed after a melee kill.

The bottom line is that the class can't make enough orbs while Defender Titans and Nightstalker Hunters can make a shitload of them. They just need to make Sunsinger into a medic class or something that can make orbs because the current state for all of the subs in PVE feels like complete shit.

You can run song of flame for example, but nobody does.

A Rough Draft Outline:

snip

I agree with all of this. The worst part is that we don't even know if getting to 320 will matter.

I am at 319/319/318 and my 3 classes don't feel any more powerful when doing raids or Nightfall compared to when it was the 300-310 climb.

I am in the camp where none of the Year 2 armour and weapons are even close to what we got in Year 1. Nothing really stands out.

GhaleonEB

A few random endgame thoughts, sparked by JohnofMars' post.

Personally, I don't feel the pull to reach 320 because I'm high enough light to run any activity I want to. It's nice to nudge things upward and see some progression, but I'm over-leveled for every activity I run in Destiny and don't need it. That said, we're conditioned to want to max out. So, there's no harm in letting us max out. Right now it's just frustration as people try to get there. Let the people max out. Accordingly:

• NM raid drops should be 310 only, not 300-310. HM drops should be 320, not 310-320.
I think Bungie made a mistake in tearing down the endgame so far when TTK came out. They stripped it back and are slowly rebuilding it with events and Challenge Modes. At this rate, six months from now, we will likely have a good stable of rotating events and challenges so there's always something interesting and rewarding up. But they tore it down so far that they have to build back up to it. They should have carried over enough year 1 content in the endgame to make year 2's more substantial from the get-go. For example:

• Apply the concept of Challenge Mode to the old raids. Leave the loot tables the same for the old NM and HM, but add TTK gear at appropriate light levels for the boss CM. Give each raid a 2-year life span, not 1, so you don't have to update each one and have this giant list that keeps growing. But overlapping them would enable the endgame to stay more substantial as we transition into each new expansion. Year 1: NM and HM. Year 2: Challenge modes to make people re-learn encounters they have memorized.
  • Prison of Elders died an early death at 4 months post ship, and should have carried into year 2 with updates, Taken, etc. Making both Petra and Variks irrelevant after such a short time wasted their potential. PoE would fill a big void in the endgame activities right now.
I think the drop rates for legendary and exotic gear is fine, I'm getting them almost every day while running just a few activities a day. The problem for me is the legendary gear is not varied enough, and what I have gets little use. I have a set of armor with resistances on each burn, that I don't use because only Nightfalls have burns and most weeks, they don't have one. This feels like an idea that is half implemented at this point. (Again, losing PoE hurt the endgame and optimization progression.)

The light level is indeed a bit of a mess. For me, it's all but eliminated gear optimizations because my gear is not all the same level. It is better to equip the optimal element, or to de-level? I don't know how the level vs. element burns trade off, so I just end up equiping my best gear. The Taken fight in groups that feature multiple types of shields, so I can't pick one and handle them accordingly. So, I just equip my best gear. As a result I only use 1/3 of the gear I have in PvE: the highest light level. In Year 1 all my gear could be maxed quickly and then I could pick whatever is optimal. This needs to be addressed, somehow.

That's it for now, like most of you I could go on for a long time on this but those are the big ones that come to mind.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
I agree with all of this. The worst part is that we don't even know if getting to 320 will matter.

I am at 319/319/318 and my 3 classes don't feel any more powerful when doing raids or Nightfall compared to when it was the 300-310 climb.

I am in the camp where none of the Year 2 armour and weapons are even close to what we got in Year 1. Nothing really stands out.

Being over leveled doesn't matter. Once you're at or above the light level you get minor benefits, but it's nothing significant. Other than HM Oryx at 320, once you hit 300 you're pretty much set for all content (maybe 310 for the first half of HM raid). I think Luke is actually right that you can progress horizontally if you focus on making your builds a 300 or 310 light level. The game gives you plenty of stuff to do that.

-- VoG, I wanted every weapon, especially Fatebringer, VoC, Vex, Corrective Measure, Invective, and Praedyth's Revenge. AE for Void Primary for Void Burn NFs, Hezen if I wanted to unequip GHorn for whatever reason, and I didn't care to get the Foil since it's near impossible but I still wanted it. All were so good!
-- CE, only Black Hammer I really cared about.
-- KF, don't care about any of the weapons.

Went from 100% to 1 weapon to 0 weapons.

Taking out the burn primaries was a mistake. It made guns worth getting. Just take out a perk and have Kinetic Primaries have an extra perk over Elemental, so that they're situational and sometimes a Kinetic will be more useful.

I miss my carrots.

I've always said KF needs to be either 100% guaranteed drops and it ranges from minimum to maximum (301-310 for Normal, 311 to 320 for Hard), OR not guaranteed drop but guaranteed 310 or 320 when it does drop. Hard to tell which would be better.

ich00

Being over leveled doesn't matter. Once you're at or above the light level you get minor benefits, but it's nothing significant. Other than HM Oryx at 320, once you hit 300 you're pretty much set for all content (maybe 310 for the first half of HM raid). I think Luke is actually right that you can progress horizontally if you focus on making your builds a 300 or 310 light level. The game gives you plenty of stuff to do that.

This is exactly what I starting doing: focusing on getting the gear I like to 300. I have enough stuff to push be over 310 for hm Oryx(even tho I still haven't killed him) on each character that I'm ok with. If we can pull off the hm Oryx this week I'll be logging to do a daily or whatever and help some new people that I've met, that's about it.

Y2 does not have the pull Y1 had for me at all. There's no carrots to chase and I don't care to chase light level in an raid that can be frustrating and unrewarding.

Sparrow racing is fun, and I'll probably give till the end of the week and be done until ib.

WipedOut

-- VoG, I wanted every weapon, especially Fatebringer, VoC, Vex, Corrective Measure, Invective, and Praedyth's Revenge. AE for Void Primary for Void Burn NFs, Hezen if I wanted to unequip GHorn for whatever reason, and I didn't care to get the Foil since it's near impossible but I still wanted it. All were so good!

Taking out the burn primaries was a mistake. It made guns worth getting. Just take out a perk and have Kinetic Primaries have an extra perk over Elemental, so that they're situational and sometimes a Kinetic will be more useful.

I miss my carrots.

I've always said KF needs to be either 100% guaranteed drops and it ranges from minimum to maximum (301-310 for Normal, 311 to 320 for Hard), OR not guaranteed drop but guaranteed 310 or 320 when it does drop. Hard to tell which would be better.

The LMG is amazing, it's the only weapon I cared about from Kings Fall, the rest are a big ol bag of meh.

Raven117

In response to John's post:
Bungie's continued development of Destiny is the definition of one step forward, two steps back.

I greatly enjoy the 3 of Coins. Nice addition to the game. (Though it would have been more useful in Year 1 when there were exotics out there that would make or break your character..Gally...) I don't ever want to go back to those days.

The vertical progression is great..up to about 295 or so. Then it all falls apart in the endgame. Ultimately, that is where Bungie screwed up with TTK.

They made the endgame unfun if not completely pointless.

Nightfalls without an EXP boost and Rep (though that has been fixed) is silly....No need to run them...(especially with 3 of coins out there).

Weeklies...They did away with them and the guaranteed reward of strange coins. Why? If they were unhappy with the strange coins dropping, they could have nerfed'em a bit.

Raids: None of the guns are particularly fun to use....Higher light level? Okay. You have a problem with a Vendor Scout Rifle (Hung Jury) feels more special than a HM raid drop.

Further, Kings Fall is a decent raid...all the way up to the Oryx encounter. It is too exacting over too long of a period to be fun. Its not a fun final boss. (The other encounters are fine though). And if you have to LFG? Goodness be ready for pain.

Overall, I enjoyed TTK, but once an Oryx Challenge Mode is cleared, I'm off...until the next gimmick brings me back...because...dammit...I still like Destiny.

StMeph

Guaranteed 320 but random drop chance is stronger than guaranteed drop with variable light range. The 320 will always be useful, whether to raise your light upon dropping or as infusion fuel. The other could be below your level and turn into junk.

Responding to a few of the previous posts...

I think the pull to achieve 320 comes from the players, not anything in the game. Being 29 sucked because you were at a 30% disadvantage...being 315 versus 320 makes literally no difference in most cases and isn't equivalent to being 29.

I think they deliberately set out for 320 to be a crazy RNG grind, because they wanted to convince people it wasn't worth it and to focus on having a variety of weapons at 300 or so...but that has backfired because people really want 320.

Things that surprised me that didn't get a bigger backlash are:-

1. The mis-selling that progress would depend upon XP not light - that didn't ever really seem like it was going to be true and wasn't - what they should have sold was that they "fixed" the light issue by making it an average and smoothing the curve that it applies to damage.

2. Re-dropping exotics. In year 1 people were up in arms that they had to trade in their old exotic for a new unleveled exotic (and rightly so). This year, essentially the same thing is happening - for most exotics its better/easier to just wait for a new version to drop as an engram and decode it at 310 then it is to infuse up an "old" one at 280 or 290.

I wasted an awful lot of strange coins buying exotic engrams and 3oC etc to aim for 290...only for everyone to discover that engrams possibly decrypt at 310 and then definitely decrypt at 310.

It was a disingenuous way of getting year 1 players to "waste" their hoard of strange coins and then nerf the drop rate hard.

Xplicitone - I think some of this comes down to "you always remember your first time". An FPS raid, with loot etc was pretty new on consoles and everything seemed awesome (plus they were the best guns)...there's always going to be an element that subsequent raids, and loot, can't live up to the hype.

Yeah, I don't care about being 320. But the game does. Every item as a big 72pt don't display that says <320 light. Every end game activity isn't about the gear it's "Race sparrows, get a 320 helmet." "Get rank 5 Iron Banner, get a 310 ghost." "Do challenge mode, get a 320 artifact."

The game doesn't require you go above 300 unless you're doing Oryx, but everything in this game is screaming and flashing "320 LIGHT!"

LTWood12

You're selling the Crota's End weapons short. Imagine if 320 versions of these weapons dropped from Kings' Fall. I'll skip BH since that one is obvious.

Oversoul Edict is an awesome weapon. bullet hose full auto pulse rifle with great stability. Also shoot through hive Knight shields. When CE HM released pulses were in the gutter, but post PR-buff it's awesome.

Abyss Defiant is a sort of a Suros Monte Carlo hybrid that stuns hive wizards. A great PVE weapon hurt by the overall Auto Rifle nerfs. If this was a 320 weapon from Kings Fall you'd see it everywhere.

Fang of Ir Yut-Solid scout rifle doesn't get it's due because it's not full auto like Vision.

Word of Crota-I'll give you that this one is pretty meh. Void burn gave it life for Nightfalls, especially since bullet hoses (Epilogue) were awful at the time.

Light of the Abyss-I don't see many fusion rifles in the crucible, but when I do, it's often this one.

Swordbreaker-Post 100%PvE shotgun damage buff this thing was incredible. High ROF w/ Grenadier, Hammer Forged, and Final Round. Great Shotgun in PvE.

Hunger of Crota-While not the mini-GHorn that some people described it as, it was a great stop-gap for folks that hadn't been lucky enough to get the Narmerhorn. If you didn't want to use Gjallarhorn for your exotic, and were going to equip a rocket launcher for PvE in year one, you equipped Hunger of Crota.

Song of Ir Yut-meh

Lnkn52

You're selling the Crota's End weapons short. Imagine if 320 versions of these weapons dropped from Kings' Fall. I'll skip BH since that one is obvious.

Oversoul Edict is an awesome weapon. bullet hose full auto pulse rifle with great stability. Also shoot through hive Knight shields. When CE HM released pulses were in the gutter, but post PR-buff it's awesome.

Abyss Defiant is a sort of a Suros Monte Carlo hybrid that stuns hive wizards. A great PVE weapon hurt by the overall Auto Rifle nerfs. If this was a 320 weapon from Kings Fall you'd see it everywhere.

Fang of Ir Yut-Solid scout rifle doesn't get it's due because it's not full auto like Vision.

Word of Crota-I'll give you that this one is pretty meh. Void burn gave it life for Nightfalls, especially since bullet hoses (Epilogue) were awful at the time.

Light of the Abyss-I don't see many fusion rifles in the crucible, but when I do, it's often this one.

Swordbreaker-Post 100%PvE shotgun damage buff this thing was incredible. High ROF w/ Grenadier, Hammer Forged, and Final Round. Great Shotgun in PvE.

Hunger of Crota-While not the mini-GHorn that some people described it as, it was a great stop-gap for folks that hadn't been lucky enough to get the Narmerhorn. If you didn't want to use Gjallarhorn for your exotic, and were going to equip a rocket launcher for PvE in year one, you equipped Hunger of Crota.

Song of Ir Yut-meh

All those weapons had unique perks,it was great.

Idk what happened with KF. Cocoon perk is a good, but they pasted that on all the weapons, even the harrowed ones. Very uninspiring.

my relationship with the game has changed to the point that I play mostly regular Crucible and just enjoy my old gear

light level affecting weapons is pretty stupid, and what is stupider is Old Exotic have weaker stats in Intellect, Discipline and Strength when some of those Old Exotic Armors are way more fun to use.

+ what is up with the Year 2 Exotic Armor taking forever to fill up? I got all Year 2 Titan Helmets sitting there waiting to be leveled but it takes way to long.

In Year 1, no problem, I got swap my leveled up helmet for whatever occasion. But in Year 2..... look at all these helmets that are not leveled up because it takes too freaking long

Homeboyd

Reddit had a community exotic design contest thingy. The main perk is that a precision kill spawns an axion bolt that will chase the closest enemy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/3x39hs/community_exotic_finished_price_of_exile_final/

If only we could separate PVP and PVE.
That's a pretty cool perk. Do they have a list of all the proposed exotic perks the sub suggested?

I still would like to see the one I suggested a while back; delivering a precision kill shot will briefly cause the enemy to attack his allies before he dies.

The LMG is amazing, it's the only weapon I cared about from Kings Fall, the rest are a big ol bag of meh.

I like Rockets more. I use the LMG sometimes. It's pretty good but it's not something I really care about as much.

Guaranteed 320 but random drop chance is stronger than guaranteed drop with variable light range. The 320 will always be useful, whether to raise your light upon dropping or as infusion fuel. The other could be below your level and turn into junk.

Yea the main problem is the current weapons. If the weapons were good and had a nice variety in perks, then probably guaranteed drops with variable light would be better. But because we use the current raid weapons as fodders, then guaranteed 320 is better.

I think the pull to achieve 320 comes from the players, not anything in the game. Being 29 sucked because you were at a 30% disadvantage...being 315 versus 320 makes literally no difference in most cases and isn't equivalent to being 29.

I think they deliberately set out for 320 to be a crazy RNG grind, because they wanted to convince people it wasn't worth it and to focus on having a variety of weapons at 300 or so...but that has backfired because people really want 320.

Things that surprised me that didn't get a bigger backlash are:-

1. The mis-selling that progress would depend upon XP not light - that didn't ever really seem like it was going to be true and wasn't - what they should have sold was that they "fixed" the light issue by making it an average and smoothing the curve that it applies to damage.

2. Re-dropping exotics. In year 1 people were up in arms that they had to trade in their old exotic for a new unleveled exotic (and rightly so). This year, essentially the same thing is happening - for most exotics its better/easier to just wait for a new version to drop as an engram and decode it at 310 then it is to infuse up an "old" one at 280 or 290.

I wasted an awful lot of strange coins buying exotic engrams and 3oC etc to aim for 290...only for everyone to discover that engrams possibly decrypt at 310 and then definitely decrypt at 310.

It was a disingenuous way of getting year 1 players to "waste" their hoard of strange coins and then nerf the drop rate hard.

Xplicitone - I think some of this comes down to "you always remember your first time". An FPS raid, with loot etc was pretty new on consoles and everything seemed awesome (plus they were the best guns)...there's always going to be an element that subsequent raids, and loot, can't live up to the hype.

Haha I thought the same thing about the year 1 exotics. However, they've changed the perks around and layout and I think they level up A LOT faster.

True, but I do think regardless VoG was a better raid in both encounter and drops. So many good guns!

Song of Ir Yut-meh

Yea the patch made a lot of those weapons better, especially the Swordbreaker. 1 Shotting Minotaurs in VoG never got old. I think part of it was due to VoG weapons being superior. But yea, the primaries were fun to play around with. If they weren't elemental then I don't think I would have cared to really use them. That's for sure, nothing could save Song of Ir Yut. NOTHING!

Trakan

Song of Ir Yut-meh

I miss feeling powerful like I did in Y1. Exotics should have been brought up to the level of the horn and Icebreaker, not the other way around. Most exotics have better legendary counterparts even if they are "unique," like Dragon's Breath. Not having elemental primaries makes the game just feel more like a chore.

Raven117

I currently have Oryx CP.

I can do a full after if it doesn't take long.

Starts ~2:30pm EST.

1.) Bigmanny287
2.) friend
3.) Jafku
4.) Buttchin-n-Bones
5.)
6.)

I'm currently at work, but will soon be running home for lunch. I know this may sound awful, but could I grab the Oryx HM Checkpoint from you around 12:35-1:15 Central time? I hope to get a Gaf Team together this evening and your CP will help tremendously in helping to form a team.

My PSN is Tex117 (will be on in 20).

I miss feeling powerful like I did in Y1. Exotics should have been brought up to the level of the horn and Icebreaker, not the other way around. Most exotics have better legendary counterparts even if they are "unique," like Dragon's Breath. Not having elemental primaries makes the game just feel more like a chore.

Too many exotics just got boring.

Way too many exotics have a "unique" perk that just returns ammo to you under a specific condition.

It's boring as shit.

Like, since when did not having to reload/find ammo become "exotic"...

Titan's felt this in Year 1 with their exotic armor, mostly. Almost all the Year 1 Titan Exotic Armor just gave us a perk in our already existing trees. Meanwhile, Hunters and Warlocks got crazy fun stuff.

Making sense

Some good points here. Thanks for replying. I totally forgot to touch on activities. Will add that to my post too.

If you don't want people chasing the max level, just make them max level. Like they did in Year 1.

It was a disingenuous way of getting year 1

This is a really good point. Adding it to my list.

Raven117

Yeah, but it just didn't take as much EXP to level thing up like it did in Year 1. Pop a few motes of light...boom, done.

In year 1, it took a considerable amount of EXP to level up an exotic.

Edit: Top of page.

tumblr_mq0f25IWC51qb9pa3o1_500.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom