• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

What will happen if I die?

It suits me to consider this, for I am a great ally of death. My daughters study the quiddity of death, my son practices the inhabitation of death, and my great work is, in ultima, to become synonymous with death, to die and in that dying live, so that if the universe comes to nothing then I will be a part of that nothing. Far better to have a savage universe with a happy end than a happy universe with no hope.

I have died many times but these deaths were only temporary.

If my echoes are killed, and I am killed in the material world, then I will be driven back to my throne the Dreadnaught. If my Court and my throne can be beaten, if I am confronted in my throne, if I am defeated there, then I will die. My work will end.

This is the pact to which I am bound, in particular by my study of the Tablets of Ruin, and by my use of the power of the Deep. When I call upon that power, I put myself up as the stakes in a wager, I gamble with my soul. For I am saying, listen, my gods, I am the mightiest thing there is, and I prove it thus.

Lately I have realized how much I depend on Crota and my daughters, and even upon my court. If I lost them, my outlays would exceed my intakes, my tribute would not be enough to feed my worm. But this is proper — for if I lost them it would be because they were not mighty enough, and then I would be a bad father, a bad King. I must test them and fight with them, to keep them strong. This is my geas.

I will go on forever. I will understand everything. There is only one path and that is the path that you make. But you can make more than one path.

Break your cell’s bars. Make a new shape, make the shape from its path, find your cell’s bars, break out of the bars, find a shape, make the shape from its path, eat the light, eat the path.

If I fail, let me be wormfood.

Preach Auryx

So I started the challenge modes needing 4 calcified fragments, 3 for challenges, and thalnok. I've done all three challenges and thalnok, grimoire shows 50, tracker shows 50, character screen shows in game shows 49. Feeling a little salty

Is the one you're missing "insight"? You can check destinystatus.com to confirm.

SaviourMK2

Hello all, looking to kill Oyrx on normal to get Touch of Malice. I have never attempted Oryx before so I'm unfamiliar with how the battle goes and prefer to do it on normal.

Any help would be appreciated

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
You probably got 1 on a different character that you missed on your main.

I purposely avoided grabbing fragments on my Alts to avoid having that problem. The only theory I can come up with is that the challenge only grants a fragment for the first character to do it for that week. If that's the case, my alt would have gotten it for warpriest instead of my main (ran hunter before warlock that week)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Trying to decide which of these two auto rifles I should keep and get comfortable with.

1. Suros ARI-4: Hammer Forged, Smallbore, Glass Half Full

2. The Deal Breaker: Last Resort, Rangefinder, Braced Frame

I know last resort is useless but with Braced Frame I was hoping it would still be worth it.

From four games of play testing I think I was having more success with the Suros ARI-45. The increased range was helping.
But neither of these two guns brought me anywhere near the amount of success that the freaking Hakke Test-A from the gunsmith.
Thinking that 0.04% buff didn't make my auto rifles any better yet.

Iceman829

Anyone on xbox need the HM daughters cp? I saved it on one of my characters, so just hit me up if you need to grab it off me at some point this week.

2real4tv

I'm currently at work, but will soon be running home for lunch. I know this may sound awful, but could I grab the Oryx HM Checkpoint from you around 12:35-1:15 Central time? I hope to get a Gaf Team together this evening and your CP will help tremendously in helping to form a team.

My PSN is Tex117 (will be on in 20).
Sorry just getting home did I miss you.

Got a 320 helmet in Sparrah Racin' last night. I just put a podcast on and barely paid attention. I was winning every race, and stopping at the finish line to let people get their wins/top 3 finishes. I think I've even developed the start of a fan club, judging by the thankful messages lol

So I started the challenge modes needing 4 calcified fragments, 3 for challenges, and thalnok. I've done all three challenges and thalnok, grimoire shows 50, tracker shows 50, character screen shows in game shows 49. Feeling a little salty

Is it possible you looted one on an alt?

That would trigger the grimoire, but fragments are actually specific to characters like Golden Chests. Not like Dead Ghosts.

I need 1 win to get the Crucible NF package for my Titan.

Only 1 win.

I lost every single time with this useless Sunbreaker... fuck that.

I've given up for a bit, win a game of Rift fills me with rage that and the stupid fireteam bounty so I'll leave it till trials to complete them

In better news I finally got a faction ship the Yr2 Fermi

Got a 320 helmet in Sparrah Racin' last night. I just put a podcast on and barely paid attention. I was winning every race, and stopping at the finish line to let people get their wins/top 3 finishes. I think I've even developed the start of a fan club, judging by the thankful messages lol
Nice of you to let dmh and iceman win!

TacticalFailure

Neo Member
You most definitely looted one on an alt.

No real way to figure out which one, so you're pretty much going to have to run through the whole checklist again. :/
That's what doesn't make sense to me, had 46 before challenge mode released on my warlock according to the in game screen at the dreadnaught, grimoire and tracker. I've done all three challenges on that character, and got the fragment I was missing for thalnok last night. I was very meticulous in how I did this so that I wouldn't have this problem.

Yes. I have all 50 in the books of sorrow, but I don't have insight.

No real way to figure out which one, so you're pretty much going to have to run through the whole checklist again. :/

Where the heck is "Insight" found, though?

edit: for what it's worth, TacticalFailure, I went about it the same way. I went up and down the list, until the only ones were missing were the ones that were tied to challenge mode, and this "Insight."

http://destinystatus.com/psn/the_log_ride/grimoire

That's what doesn't make sense to me, had 46 before challenge mode released on my warlock according to the in game screen at the dreadnaught, grimoire and tracker. I've done all three challenges on that character, and got the fragment I was missing for thalnok last night. I was very meticulous in how I did this so that I wouldn't have this problem.

Do you have a PSN account as well as your XBL?

According to Destiny Tracker, you've only ever done "Patrol the Dreadnaught" twice and they were both as your Titan.

http://destinytracker.com/destiny/games/1/4611686018437821633/2305843009237988207?page=0&mode=6

TacticalFailure

Neo Member

Daemul

Yes. I have all 50 in the books of sorrow, but I don't have insight.

Where the heck is "Insight" found, though?

Insight is a Book of Sorrow but it isn't one of the 50 that you can find on the Dreadnought. There are actually 52 Books of Sorrow and two of them, Curiosity and Insight, act as a prologue and epilogue respectively and are automatically discovered when;

1. You acquire your 1st calcified fragment on a character
2. You acquire your 50th calcified fragment on a character

I should also mention that Curiosity and Insight aren't under the Books of Sorrow subsection of the Grimoire but under the Darkness subsection instead.

Insight is a Book of Sorrow but it isn't one of the 50 that you can find on the Dreadnought. There are actually 52 Books of Sorrow and two of them, Curiosity and Insight, act as a prologue and epilogue respectively and are automatically discovered when;

1. You acquire your 1st calcified fragment on a character
2. You acquire your 50th calcified fragment on a character

I should also mention that Curiosity and Insight aren't under the Books of Sorrow subsection of the Grimoire but under the Darkness subsection instead.

Thanks for clarifying, Daemul. Whelp, guess I'll run through the list one more time tonight. /frustrated emote

Langy

Teleporting ogres are the real challenge mode!

Just wrecked 2 of our attempts on the last ogre phase and teleported directly into the middle.

Don't even know why we are still trying...

E92 M3

I just think a game based around loot shouldn't burden the players with space restrictions. It truly dampens my experience.

WipedOut

I've been doing that, still no 320's but plenty of 319's

HMD

I just think a game based around loot shouldn't burden the players with space restrictions. It truly dampens my experience.

Ugh absolutely, it feels like I'm doing chores whenever I have to empty each character's postmaster. I'm pretty sure eight gigs of ram can handle more than 20 items!

So I completed the challenge mode stuff already but how do people find out what is needed? Like honestly since the game gives you no instructions how did someone find out "we have to detonate 16 bombs at once"?

Deku Tree

Well Bungie keeps your save on their servers to prevent cheating, but the downside of that is that they pay the ongoing storage costs which they want to keep low and they don't want to talk about it. And then they talk about last gen memory restrictions too.

So I completed the challenge mode stuff already but how do people find out what is needed? Like honestly since the game gives you no instructions how did someone find out "we have to detonate 16 bombs at once"?

Reddit figured it out pretty quickly. I just look there to figure it out.

ocean

Banned
Trial and error. It's genuine fun exploring solutions creatively, like a "lite" blind Raid.

Iceman829

I need some charity for sparrow racing lol

join the group trance. I only need 2 wins and 2 clean races and everyone else is done. watch out for thirsty he's an animal on the track. "what do you mean I hit you there's no one there (as he runs you across the map into a wall)"

E92 M3

join the group trance. I only need 2 wins and 2 clean races and everyone else is done. watch out for thirsty he's an animal on the track. "what do you mean I hit you there's no one there (as he runs you across the map into a wall)"

I might just do that. Still haven't even gotten my A license lol. Scrub city over here.

Trial and error. It's genuine fun exploring solutions creatively, like a "lite" blind Raid.

Trial and error of the community.

Well Bungie keeps your save on their servers to prevent cheating, but the downside of that is that they pay the ongoing storage costs which they want to keep low and they don't want to talk about it. And then they talk about last gen memory restrictions too.

Reddit figured it out pretty quickly. I just look there to figure it out.

Well I'm thankful for them because I know I would never be down to do something like that.

Lnkn52

and this

7FND3pq.png

Deku Tree

I feel like whatever Bungie thought up for Oryx CM they scrapped it,
and went with 16 bombs at once because... wasn't that a previous MOTW?

Iceman829

I might just do that. Still haven't even gotten my A license lol. Scrub city over here.

I was in the same boat. I hated the racing and the people I was matched up with. More fun with friends and the people that need wins can get them. It's all serious racing until the last 5 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom