• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Stuff like that tends to have a higher drop rate on a character its not meant for. I got mine on Warlock the Darkblade Helm on Hunter, Giant Shank helm on Hunter etc etc..

Anecdotal, this is what I've seen. A friend of mine got it twice on his Warlock last time Taniks was on the Nightfall. I ran it a few times on my Hunter, nada.

nowai

TLW still takes a skilled hand, but people are using it now because the TTK is so good right?

Mida is another archetype that some people swear by, but you gotta adjust play style. Gotta be really accurate with that gun

ARs... Well don't use ARs :p

Doctrine of Passing is a beast. Arminius-D with a proper roll is also pretty beastly.

If they ever bring Nechrochasm to year 2, it will finally get the use it deserved from being an end game raid loot.

Raven117

Here, at the end of all things, its hard to know what Destiny has left planned for the year, if anything. They have been particularly vague about what the "big" update will entail.

Its likely safe to say that we are months away from anything substantial changing in Destiny.

If I was to simply guess, my bet would be that they introduce more of the year 1 exotics (Gally will make a return...book it...why else would they have nerfed it back before Y2 hit?). They MAY update the old raids to something akin to a "challenge mode" for KF.
Maybe. May drop elemental primaries again, because, why not? Its the end of Destiny before Destiny 2 hits. (We may be making a HUGE assumption that Destiny 2 will be out in 2016. I would not be surprised if its not).

Who knows? But I tell ya. Its been a great ride. 620 - something hours (a mere penance compared to some of you folks) I have played this game more than any other game in my entire life.

The grind...#forever29 (I cleared VoG 10 times before I got one piece of armor), Pushing Atheon off a cliff, pushing Templar off a cliff, the rise and fall of Warlocks in Raids, Crota...Crota HM (and the salt mine that followed), the Reef...PoE with crazy arc burns on dismantling mines with wizards, burning Skolas before the nerf, Iron Banana, Lag...boy watch out for that lag. Trials ( and being owned), the summer slow down...Fatebringer/Black Hammer/Ghorn combo, TTK, how everyone loved the midgame, how everyone hated the end game, KingsFall (and how everyone loved it, then realized it was real tedious to do every week), Deej and his patronizing BWUs, Urk and his awesome BWU, nerfs, metas, TLW/Thorn...and finally the Oryx HM Challenge.

What a ride.

The community is what kept me coming back, and what will bring me back again when a major update/destiny 2 drops.

Xbox bros - anyone want to give the Oryx HM challenge a try tonight? My group's got 3 openings for ~9:30 EST start. We're going straight to Oryx, already have a checkpoint. I posted on the100, would greatly appreciate accepting there so I can track gamertags in one place.

Can I ask you guys a question?

4 weeks now Ive done nightfall, and have gotten 100% garbage. WTF is the point anymore?

Im 318, and I got a 303 POS chest piece rated 303, and that was all.................

I have been buying y2 exotics from the kiosk for legendary marks and then dismantling them because otherwise all my crap legendaries from SRL would dismantle for no marks because of the cap.

Isn't it better to buy exotic armor for 2500 glimmer?

I think I have over 3000 armor mats.

Buy planetary materials for faction rep.

ich00

Can I ask you guys a question?

4 weeks now Ive done nightfall, and have gotten 100% garbage. WTF is the point anymore?

Im 318, and I got a 303 POS chest piece rated 303, and that was all.................

There isn't one, unless you're hoping for a 310 exotic. It's why I stopped doing it a few weeks ago.

6 months of playing crucible and I finally get an ash factory to drop... it's almost perfect
(٭°̧̧̧꒳°̧̧̧٭)

2KIMzNc.png

Tripod + Clown Cartridge. No grenades and horseshoes though. Are RLs still the way to go in PvP?

6 months of playing crucible and I finally get an ash factory to drop... it's almost perfect
(٭°̧̧̧꒳°̧̧̧٭)

Tripod + Clown Cartridge. No grenades and horseshoes though. Are RLs still the way to go in PvP?

Lol that emote. Machine guns are more viable since more people are using it so you at least have a chance to survive without being blown to hell but rockets are still very powerful. Without G&H or tracking you may have a hard time killing though.

Mindlog

Only 800 posts left. Someone get Drizz!
Oh right. Dad :[

Finally found my Hunter's last fragment. Turns out it was the 3rd one in the Sunless Cell strike. Could have sworn I checked that spot a couple dozen times.

Namikaze1

I uh got a voice message last night. Didn't see it till now. Must have gotten it while I was racing. Have notifications off so that the messages won't block the damn radar.

I can't honestly tell if the voice belongs to a female or a kid. The PSN ID attached to it is feminine so makes me think it's a female's voice.

He/She (I can't honestly tell) was ranting about me side boosting into them. What was I supposed to do? Let everyone keep side boosting into me? I was trying to win dammit! If you ain't first, you last!

Deku Tree

I uh got a voice message last night. Didn't see it till now. Must have gotten it while I was racing. Have notifications off so that the messages won't block the damn radar.

I can't honestly tell if the voice belongs to a female or a kid. The PSN ID attached to it is feminine so makes me think it's a female's voice.

He/She (I can't honestly tell) was ranting about me side boosting into them. What was I supposed to do? Let everyone keep side boosting into me? I was trying to win dammit! If you ain't first, you last!

rubbing is racing

Lol that emote. Machine guns are more viable since more people are using it so you at least have a chance to survive without being blown to hell but rockets are still very powerful. Without G&H or tracking you may have a hard time killing though.

Damn. 6 months too late ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Depends on the game type.

In the competitive modes, so IB and ToO I guess
¯_(ツ)_/¯

TLW still takes a skilled hand, but people are using it now because the TTK is so good right?

Mida is another archetype that some people swear by, but you gotta adjust play style. Gotta be really accurate with that gun

ARs... Well don't use ARs :p

I've been using the Y2 Monte Carlo I got from Xur. It's been pretty good in regular crucible. Reminds me of the suros regime tennis ball days hueheueheu.

Namikaze1

Anyone here marathoning the Star Wars movies in preparation for TFA? I've been doing that with the GF and a couple friends all day. Well more like they've been doing that while I'm playing Destiny on the side. Currently halfway through Revenge of the Sith.

Anyone here marathoning the Star Wars movies in preparation for TFA? I've been doing that with the GF and a couple friends all day. Well more like they've been doing that while I'm playing Destiny on the side. Currently halfway through Revenge of the Sith.
Which episode did you start with? I did my marathon two weeks ago. Seeing Force Awakens in the morning.

Started on monday and finished yesterday. Just four more hours :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom