• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navy Bean

So I randomly got the ATS/8 Taratella Hunter chest piece from a purple engram while playing on my Warlock... Anyone used it? Is it worth leveling? The perks seem decent.

The new meta is so stale. I did the weekly Shaxx bounties on my Titan last night(got my third Apoth Veil since patch) and I was bored out of my mind. Unless you're using a sniper, shotgun, or TLW...everyone takes seemingly forever to die now. The most fun I had was messing around with the Twilight Garrison.

All things said about SRL, I did get the "Shimmer" shader this morning, which makes my SRL shader collection complete.

So at least I can take pride in some progress.

Took me ~160 games to get them all

Wife completed her collection at ~60 games...

RNG gonna RNG

So I randomly got the ATS/8 Taratella Hunter chest piece from a purple engram while playing on my Warlock... Anyone used it? Is it worth leveling? The perks seem decent.

It's supposed to be pretty good, super cool down is something like 3:30 (without kills) and grenades for days. Bladedancer is still top tier for PvP

WipedOut

Same thing happened to me (sort of) in my brief return. Not enough to pull me back in though.

Wake me for Europa.

You'll be back one day, I hate to say it but TTK took a step back from HoW. It had the best progression system and the best Variety as far as aesthetics go. Bungie, you need to go back to that system.

I've used it. I didn't notice my abilities charging much quicker but I was able to fuck up Omnigul with it.

Homeboyd

You'll be back one day, I hate to say it but TTK took a step back from HoW. It had the best progression system and the best Variety as far as aesthetics go. Bungie, you need to go back to that system.
No doubt I'll return. And definitely agree w/ Etheric. Don't think Bungie likes it but I hate the current infusion system serving as it's replacement. Even more the ranged gear you get from everything (300-310 drops in NM KF etc).

Sound like a broken record at this point. But yeah, I'll be back for the next big "thing" I'm sure.

LTWood12

The new meta is so stale. I did the weekly Shaxx bounties on my Titan last night(got my third Apoth Veil since patch) and I was bored out of my mind. Unless you're using a sniper, shotgun, or TLW...everyone takes seemingly forever to die now. The most fun I had was messing around with the Twilight Garrison.

I played around w/ the rangefinder/braced frame Arminus-D and had a decent time.

ocean

Banned
Loving TLW and Thorn again. I need nothing else. Been getting killed a lot by MIDA too, it warms my heart to see fewer lame ass Pulse Rifles around (though there's still many).

Really regretting infusing my 320 Water Star into my ToM now. Gonna try First Curse later, anyone have any thoughts on it? Any better post patch?

E92 M3

Loving TLW and Thorn again. I need nothing else. Been getting killed a lot by MIDA too, it warms my heart to see fewer lame ass Pulse Rifles around (though there's still many).

Really regretting infusing my 320 Water Star into my ToM now. Gonna try First Curse later, anyone have any thoughts on it? Any better post patch?

I've been waiting for First Curse review lol. Too lazy to repurchase it haha.

Iceman829

Hey phenom we were going to run VoG tonight around 9:30 est. I'll send a message to your son, but just giving you a heads up if you want to let him know. If he can't make it I'll make sure we save the cp so we can knock Aethon out another night with him

WipedOut

No doubt I'll return. And definitely agree w/ Etheric. Don't think Bungie likes it but I hate the current infusion system serving as it's replacement. Even more the ranged gear you get from everything (300-310 drops in NM KF etc).

Sound like a broken record at this point. But yeah, I'll be back for the next big "thing" I'm sure.

They reverted back to Foever 29 but actually made it worse. Did they not learn if you put in a top number people will always chase it. They did the whole 300-310 310-320 so people will keep playing their raid and grind out their sparse content.

Just bring Gjallarhorn 2.0 already. It's done, we all know it is they are just waiting to release it for the next big update. They have to keep something good back to bring all the guardians back to the yard.

Falifax

You said you were gonna keep it for later.

evoMindBlown.png

WipedOut

Well. With challenge mode done and over with there really is no compelling reason for me to do King's Fall any more

None, only thing I've ever really wanted was a Scout with Full Auto but it never did drop for me. I miss the Static Perk weapons from CE and VoG.

This was my last week of Raiding on KF for a while. There is nothing else to get and I don't feel like grinding just to get to 320. Titans are at 318 and Hunter is 319, I'm done

blazeuk

It's better than the pulse rifle meta though, PvP balancing is still messed up but I'd rather it be the way it is now while they look to fix it compared to the way it has been recently. Auto rifles are the biggest annoyance when it comes to ttk, figured I should probably try to finally get through the crucible quest today and the auto rifle part of it was too frustrating with how long they take to kill compared to other weapons.

It's better than the pulse rifle meta though, PvP balancing is still messed up but I'd rather it be the way it is now while they look to fix it compared to the way it has been recently. Auto rifles are the biggest annoyance when it comes to ttk, figured I should probably try to finally get through the crucible quest today and the auto rifle part of it was too frustrating with how long they take to kill compared to other weapons.

I was actually a fan of the PR meta. Yes, I'm a monster. The problem I have is the time to kill just feels off. I'm having a lot of 1v1 engagements that end with the opponent having just a SLIVER of health left and being able to get away. Maybe I just need to find "my gun" in the new meta, but so far, I prefer what we had when TTK launched to this. Hopefully, I'm just being over dramatic and with enough time it will all make sense.

spyder_ur

Nerfing everything just make things boring. And the people that cry for nerfs are the loudest unfortunately.

I agree. Many of them are right here too.

I haven't played enough PvP to tell if I like it better than before the patch. It does seem like whatever weapon I grow to like using gets absolutely crushed - TLW and Hawkmoon and now Lyudmilla. Also, Invective seems to have been hit pretty hard and the Felwinter's archetype seems to be the way to go, which is counter to what they have been saying.

Future

I was actually a fan of the PR meta. Yes, I'm a monster. The problem I have is the time to kill just feels off. I'm having a lot of 1v1 engagements that end with the opponent having just a SLIVER of health left and being able to get away. Maybe I just need to find "my gun" in the new meta, but so far, I prefer what we had when TTK launched to this. Hopefully, I'm just being over dramatic and with enough time it will all make sense.

That just sounds like you are playing like the old meta though right? What gun are you using

Problem with PRs before is that there was little reason to use anything else. They had great TTK at all ranges, didn't even need to be an exotic. 2 burst headshot kills was bonkers

That just sounds like you are playing like the old meta though right? What gun are you using

Problem with PRs before is that there was little reason to use anything else. They had great TTK at all ranges, didn't even need to be an exotic. 2 burst headshot kills was bonkers

I've been using a little bit of everything. Last night I went through all the old PRs. I used MIDA(it's such a boring gun to me, it's not what I would consider fun to use), TLW, a few ARs.

The time to kill has been inflated enough to become very apparent to me. All I kept thinking was, "why is everyone taking forever to die"

The only thing that was fun to use was my shotguns.

Daemul

It's supposed to be pretty good, super cool down is something like 3:30 (without kills) and grenades for days. Bladedancer is still top tier for PvP

I've used it. I didn't notice my abilities charging much quicker but I was able to fuck up Omnigul with it.

The Taratella works best if you're like me and you've maxed out your Intellect and Discipline. You pretty much have endless grenades and 1 or 2 extra supers per match with it on, making it godly in ToO. It's usually only the sweaty players who min max their Int/Dis/Str stats though, so the Taratella won't be very good for the average player.

Deku Tree

I have been buying y2 exotics from the kiosk for legendary marks and then dismantling them because otherwise all my crap legendaries from SRL would dismantle for no marks because of the cap.

Can't believe I'm buying greens to break down for armor materials.

Whatyearisit.jpg

Isn't it better to buy exotic armor for 2500 glimmer?

I think I have over 3000 armor mats.

Future

I've been using a little bit of everything. Last night I went through all the old PRs. I used MIDA(it's such a boring gun to me, it's not what I would consider fun to use), TLW, a few ARs.

The time to kill has been inflated enough to become very apparent to me. All I kept thinking was, "why is everyone taking forever to die"

The only thing that was fun to use was my shotguns.

TLW still takes a skilled hand, but people are using it now because the TTK is so good right?

Mida is another archetype that some people swear by, but you gotta adjust play style. Gotta be really accurate with that gun

ARs... Well don't use ARs :p

TLW still takes a skilled hand, but people are using it now because the TTK is so good right?

Mida is another archetype that some people swear by, but you gotta adjust play style. Gotta be really accurate with that gun

ARs... Well don't use ARs :p

I was TLW user in HoW and good with it. It might have been too long now since I picked it up. I just need to keep trying stuff I guess.

Iceman829

I miss my THARN. It was the first exotic quest I got and finished. Trying to do that strike was such a hassle. I remember soloing up to the final room and looking all over for people to join me. I blame everyone complaining in trials about it. RIP old friend. I'll never delete you

About SRL, how exactly do you get a sparrow that can do tricks? I have the nightsteed but unless I am missing something it still can't do tricks.

Daemul

TLW/Thorn era is back but they've been nerfed so hard and are not what they once were. Everything is average now, weapons have been buffed and nerfed so many times that we're just left with a mess at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom