• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LkPr

Anyone here marathoning the Star Wars movies in preparation for TFA? I've been doing that with the GF and a couple friends all day. Well more like they've been doing that while I'm playing Destiny on the side. Currently halfway through Revenge of the Sith.

I've been doing that with the wife over the past few days. We just went 1-6 and are on the 6th movie right now, will finish tonight and probably go see the new movie tomorrow

WipedOut

Anyone here marathoning the Star Wars movies in preparation for TFA? I've been doing that with the GF and a couple friends all day. Well more like they've been doing that while I'm playing Destiny on the side. Currently halfway through Revenge of the Sith.

Ugh, the prequels were horrible. Actually they were't horrible just Anakin was, worst casting in movie history.

Mindy and I have made it through 4, 5, 6, 1, and 2. Will probably watch 3 tomorrow evening, and we have tickets for 7 for 9am Saturday morning.

5 more hours. . been avoiding places where people can troll and post spoilers. Can't wait.

I'm using a chrome extension called "force block" that scans pages for star wars spoilers and notifies you if it thinks something is about.

Namikaze1

Which episode did you start with? I did my marathon two weeks ago. Seeing Force Awakens in the morning.
Started with Phantom Menace. We wanted to get the Prequel Trilogy out of the way and end the marathon with Return of the Jedi before heading off to wait in line for TFA.

Started on monday and finished yesterday. Just four more hours :D
For me it's nine hours. The 7PM showing got sold out fast. I was lucky to get tickets for the midnight showing.

I've been doing that with the wife over the past few days. We just went 1-6 and are on the 6th movie right now, will finish tonight and probably go see the new movie tomorrow
Seeing it tonight and again tomorrow. It's gonna be crazy here.

Ugh, the prequels were horrible. Actually they were't horrible just Anakin was, worst casting in movie history.
Ewan McGregar did a great job as Obi Wan IMO.

PT had just a few good things and led to great shows: Ewan's Obi Wan, Qui-Gon, Maul, the Clone Wars (Genndy Tartakovsky's show), and The Clone Wars (the canon one with Ahsoka)

Falifax

Star Wars was so good. So, so good. Caught a midnight screening and man was it worth it.

Seeing it on Saturday and already got a major moment spoiled on Facebook. Best part is that it was spoiled by my friend commenting on a post which was containing the spoiler and brought it up on my wall, good shit.

So yeah, avoid the internet entirely if you really don't want to be spoiled.

you dropped this (ツ)_/¯\

thnx for picking it up boo ( ˘ ³˘)♥

I did episodes iv - vi... none of that prequel bullshit.

Yea, I watched all but episode 1.

Started off with Episode 4 last week, then 5,2,3, and 6 the past 4 days. Today will be 5 SW movies in 5 days, wohoo.

WipedOut

Ewan McGregar did a great job as Obi Wan IMO.

PT had just a few good things and led to great shows: Ewan's Obi Wan, Qui-Gon, Maul, the Clone Wars (Genndy Tartakovsky's show), and The Clone Wars (the canon one with Ahsoka)

As I said, Anakin ruined them for me, Jar Jar also but thankfully he was limited after the first one. Revenge was by far the best of the 3 but could only wonder how much better it would have been with a different casting for Anakin. Ewan McGregor was an amazing casting choice, awesome job as obi wan

GhaleonEB

Its something they've said is deliberate in the past to get you to start another character

Ah, I'd forgotten they had said that. Which is a bit frustrating, since one of their stated design goals with TTK was to make it easier to run just a main character (daily mission account clear, weekly marks on one account, etc.). I do have a Titan at high enough light level, but I don't play enough right now to want to alternate characters. Feels like a residual design decision from last year and another way the game is pulling in multiple directions at once.

Ken

Anecdotal, this is what I've seen. A friend of mine got it twice on his Warlock last time Taniks was on the Nightfall. I ran it a few times on my Hunter, nada.

Since I started TTK late my experiences is obviously a lot more limited, but I got the Darkblade Helm once playing on my Titan and the Flayer Mantle once while on Hunter. Don't have Warlock at 40.

I will say I kind of actually appreciate account-level dailies. I used to keep up three characters in Y1, but now in Y2 I've mostly been focused on my Hunter. Not having to stress about keeping a checklist of things x3 is really nice.

I'm seeing it tonight at 8:30pm Todd Time with my GF. I snagged tickets the moment they went on sale at a theater with reserved seating and big comfy recliners.

Woot Woot.

Any thoughts about what the BWU will be?

the_id

I'm seeing it tonight at 8:30pm Todd Time with my GF. I snagged tickets the moment they went on sale at a theater with reserved seating and big comfy recliners.

Woot Woot.

Any thoughts about what the BWU will be?
I'm watching it tomorrow night with big comfy seats and food being delivered to us with a big screen.

I'm sure DeeJ will just be talking about iron banner and vague crap stuff. fuck Bungie.

Lnkn52

So is Luke

2m4txcF.png

I may be flogging a dead horse with this one - but I don't see many people talk about how big Bungie is and what organisational issues that can bring.

I get a sense that a lot (not all) of the issues with Destiny are related to big teams moving in different directions and not talking to each other.

Deej and Jon..bewks...newsk? sort of mentioned it on a recent Guardian radio podcast whereby some of the key teams have now started sitting closer together and realising they need to talk to each other...

One team is doing PvP maps, another team does weapon balance, another team does sandbox design (i'm least clear on this one but i think it involves deciding that hammers of thor should exist), another team - the mysterious "investment" team - presumably decide the loot drop structures and rates, another team does the ongoing events...

For PvE I bet there are at least two teams, one for story missions and one for Raids...maybe another for strikes and possibly sub-teams of 1 per strike (I don't know).

It just sounds like an organisational nightmare, as to players it all has to work seamlessly together...or is meant to.

The non-playing character drops are another example of this IMHO, as has been mentioned.

blamite

So now that the Gunsmith doesn't sell primary ammo synths anymore, is there just no way to get more? I'm almost out, and they've occasionally been pretty useful...

E92 M3

I may be flogging a dead horse with this one - but I don't see many people talk about how big Bungie is and what organisational issues that can bring.

I get a sense that a lot (not all) of the issues with Destiny are related to big teams moving in different directions and not talking to each other.

Deej and Jon..bewks...newsk? sort of mentioned it on a recent Guardian radio podcast whereby some of the key teams have now started sitting closer together and realising they need to talk to each other...

One team is doing PvP maps, another team does weapon balance, another team does sandbox design (i'm least clear on this one but i think it involves deciding that hammers of thor should exist), another team - the mysterious "investment" team - presumably decide the loot drop structures and rates, another team does the ongoing events...

For PvE I bet there are at least two teams, one for story missions and one for Raids...maybe another for strikes and possibly sub-teams of 1 per strike (I don't know).

It just sounds like an organisational nightmare, as to players it all has to work seamlessly together...or is meant to.

The non-playing character drops are another example of this IMHO, as has been mentioned.

Yeah, I talk about it all the time how the investment team has a bunch of bean counters trying to maximize the grind for no reason. And the other side of Bungie is trying make Destiny not feel like a job.

I can't remember where it was said, but I recall reading that this is how it used to be at Bungie for Year 1. Sometime before Year 2 they broke apart there segregations and now 1 person can be attached to multiple teams, so there is more cross speak with other teams about other objectives, in hopes of keeping the bigger picture more in focus.

That said, it feels like this applies to everyone but the live team, they still feel like they're in a bubble compared to everyone else. And obviously a lot of resources are being dumped into the next major release, but as a consumer, that doesn't feel great.

So now that the Gunsmith doesn't sell primary ammo synths anymore, is there just no way to get more? I'm almost out, and they've occasionally been pretty useful...

Level up a Legendary quality primary weapon and dismantle it. You should get a telemetry for the dismantle, but only if it has max XP.

blamite

Level up a Legendary quality primary weapon and dismantle it. You should get a telemetry for the dismantle, but only if it has max XP.

Ammo synths, not telemetries. ;)

It's very rare that I actually want to use one of these, but they're quite useful in the cases where you're fighting boss and for whatever reason, none of the adds are dropping primary ammo.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. One thing Bungie has to deal with now that they did not even back in their later Halo days is the sheer size of the studio. Even if they had a solid support and development plan, a studio north of 600 people would be a challenge to keep well organized. But when you have major changes in support plans and thus studio organization, I'd imagine it can take a while for re-orgs to complete (impacting productivity) and make things that much harder to keep everyone in touch with the other teams. Having someone working on a project that is soloed from the rest of the studio is a real risk. It's a particular challenge when they are trying to be reactive to the live game, both short and long term.

Ammo synths, not telemetries. ;)

It's very rare that I actually want to use one of these, but they're quite useful in the cases where you're fighting boss and for whatever reason, none of the adds are dropping primary ammo.

The only ones I get are from Variks' weekly package in the Reef, they seem to drop often in them. If you have multiple characters who can pick up the package, you should be able to pile up a few. (I'm sitting on like, a dozen from them.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom