• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

WipedOut

Yeah, it's my favorite next to the solar cloak (which I don't have yet lol).

This will be mine later today, only one more faction to go after this one.

maxresdefault.jpg

So here is why I think last night was pretty crappy.

Obviously, I knew my chances of actually getting paired up with Bungie was slim to begin with, but by the end of the night, I was pretty sure it was impossible.

I hadn't realized it, but SRL definitely has a matchmaking system in place. I thought that since everyone gets a win for finishing, everyone would be on the same playing field, but that is definitely not the case.

So I was in a party with my wife, and I was having us both queue around the same time. I timed out my stream for a delay, and it was 15 seconds. Deej was trying to give players a countdown to join for the delay, but he was only giving about 6-7 seconds, so this became a game of itself. Trying to predict about 8 seconds out from when he was going to start his countdown.

But that's fine, that's regular limitation, and I can work with that.

What kept happening, though is that my wife and I would both queue up seperately. Within 5 seconds, she would be in a match of 6 players, and start loading into a game. Maybe 10 seconds after this, I'd see Bungie start loading into a game.

...and here I am still sitting at 1 maybe 2 out of 6 guardians needed for a match.

It was taking me roughly 85 seconds (I timed it) to find a match in SRL last night. Which basically meant I couldn't even play along side Bungie, because if I started that much later, I'd totally miss out on the next queue up.

So I basically just sat in orbit for 2 hours. I played like 3 races, just because I was sick of sitting there for too long. After the first hour, I even tried taking this into account. Queue up myself before they got back to orbit, and having my wife queue up a little bit later, but I still wouldn't find a match before they went back into orbit, and that was even with them changing out players and chatting for a minute.

Of the 3 games I did play, holy crap these were the most competitive games I've ever played. Every player there was fighting for 1st, and often finished within 3-5 seconds of my best times.

So the night was a bummer. With 15 minutes left to go, I abandoned the stream, and the Wife and I just played our alts for a bit before we went to bed.

TL;DR It took my wife 4-8 seconds to find a full group. Was taking me over a minute.

Anyone still need to do Oryx CM? Looking to finish it on my 3rd character today at some point.

1. Darknyss (Hunter)
2. Agent_Tiro (??)
3. Ethomaz (Titan)

Need 3 more

Lnkn52

Obviously, I knew my chances of actually getting paired up with Bungie was slim to begin with, but by the end of the night, I was pretty sure it was impossible.

I hadn't realized it, but SRL definitely has a matchmaking system in place. I thought that since everyone gets a win for finishing, everyone would be on the same playing field, but that is definitely not the case.

So I was in a party with my wife, and I was having us both queue around the same time. I timed out my stream for a delay, and it was 15 seconds. Deej was trying to give players a countdown to join for the delay, but he was only giving about 6-7 seconds, so this became a game of itself. Trying to predict about 8 seconds out from when he was going to start his countdown.

What kept happening, though is that my wife and I would both queue up seperately. Within 5 seconds, she would be in a match of 6 players, and start loading into a game. Maybe 10 seconds after this, I'd see Bungie start loading into a game.

...and here I am still sitting at 1 maybe 2 out of 6 guardians needed for a match.

It was taking me roughly 85 seconds (I timed it) to find a match in SRL last night. Which basically meant I couldn't even play along side Bungie, because if I started that much later, I'd totally miss out on the next queue up.

So I basically just sat in orbit for 2 hours. I played like 3 races, just because I was sick of sitting there for too long. After the first hour, I even tried taking this into account. Queue up myself before they got back to orbit, and having my wife queue up a little bit later, but I still wouldn't find a match before they went back into orbit, and that was even with them changing out players and chatting for a minute.

Of the 3 games I did play, holy crap these were the most competitive games I've ever played. Every player there was fighting for 1st, and often finished within 3-5 seconds of my best times.

So the night was a bummer. With 15 minutes left to go, I abandoned the stream, and the Wife and I just played our alts for a bit before we went to bed.

TL;DR It took my wife 4-8 seconds to find a full group. Was taking me over a minute.

Thats a bummer Kor. Also, these events really segregate the other half of the community of participating especially since matchmaking is based on region. RIP East Coast players and UK.

bitsurugi

TBH, i REALLY dislike the Bungie bounty system as it is now.

To begin with, those bounty times are too scarced. We had like what? 5 of those since day1 on PS4? And for only 2 hours per day? LOL.

It shold be a ''plague'' system to get that emblem. If you beat ANYONE in the crucible who has that emblem, you get it. That way, that emblem would actually be an effective ''self-bounty'' on your head, when you play the crucible. Everyone would have it? Not really, since you'd need to beat someone who has it, and at least you'd deserve it. Now, if you are from EU, you have insanely slim chances, for some even zero, since if you aren't in the same geo or crucible skill bracket, you can't even get matchmade with those people anyway.

Gordon

-SNIP-

Are you connected through the same router? My wife and I have similar issues, and I think the router is just giving her priority. I also have a moderate nat I can't seem to shake, while her's is open, with the same settings.

Thats a bummer Kor. Also, these events really segregate the other half of the community of participating especially since matchmaking is based on region. RIP East Coast players and UK.

TBH, i REALLY dislike the Bungie bounty system as it is now.

To begin with, those bounty times are too scarced. We had like what? 5 of those since day1 on PS4? And for only 2 hours per day? LOL.

It shold be a ''plague'' system to get that emblem. If you beat ANYONE in the crucible who has that emblem, you get it. That way, that emblem would actually be an effective ''self-bounty'' on your head, when you play the crucible. Everyone would have it? Not really, since you'd need to beat someone who has it, and at least you'd deserve it. Now, if you are from EU, you have insanely slim chances, for some even zero, since if you aren't in the same geo or crucible skill bracket, you can't even get matchmade with those people anyway.

Ehh... the system isn't that bad. I just wanted to feel like a special snowflake, and got cocky about while getting my hopes up.

I'm just feeling the sting of the humility.

I do think those emblems should be set to be handed out anytime anyone ever beats someone at Bungie. So if Deej is just casually playing SRL on his XBL account, and people beat him, they should just be getting those emblems automatically.

They shouldn't be relegated to events that happen few and far between.

Are you connected through the same router? My wife and I have similar issues, and I think the router is just giving her priority. I also have a moderate nat I can't seem to shake, while her's is open, with the same settings.

We both have a Type 2 connection, but we're on a fiber line.

It's a pretty rare thing for either of us to see Lag in a game. I'm sure it wasn't a networking issue because every game she was getting into, she was placing first and second with times that are about 15-20 seconds behind mine, and the groups I was being paired with.

Because armor takes so long to level up in Taken King, I think I'm going to hit max rank in SRL before I unlock the "Increases SRL rep" perk on my Titan mark.

LLShC.gif

Deku Tree

You should have paired up with someone near Bungie who has low skill and let them do the queuing up, I believe the skill matchmaking and your possibly geographical distance would make it hard to match with them anyway. It seems that a lot of people are playing SRL.

You should have paired up with someone near Bungie who has low skill and let them do the queuing up, I believe the skill matchmaking and your possibly geographical distance would make it hard to match with them anyway. It seems that a lot of people are playing SRL.

Meh... that's not like me. I'm not one to inconvenience others for my own gains. (I was level 29 before I ever asked anyone here to help me through Vault of Glass Normal for the first time).

Even still, the closest person I know on the west coast lines in Utah.

Also, if they had low skill they'd probably be pulled along into my bracket more than me pulled along into theirs.

Jafku

Anyone still need to do Oryx CM? Looking to finish it on my 3rd character today at some point.

1. Darknyss (Hunter)
2. Agent_Tiro (??)
3. Ethomaz (Titan)
4. Jakfu (Hunter)

Need 3 more
Bringing Hunter

Yeah it's very frustrating, brings back bad memories of bungie vs. the world

1. Darknyss (Hunter)
2. Agent_Tiro (Titan or Warlock)
3. Ethomaz (Titan)
4. Jafku (Hunter)
Just need 2 more to start

Agent

This was happening to me as well. I didn't know if it was because so many people were trying to queue at the same time to get matched with Bungie or not. Most of the time the Bungie race had started before I was even able to get a race through matchmaking. There was quite a few races where we only had 4 racers or less (I'm guessing people bailed when they realize BNG wasn't in the game).

I am curious what the matchmaking is based on. My SRL stats are average, but I feel like the last few days I am going against MLG racers. For reference, on Mars I've completed 69 races, won 20 (29%) and on Venus I've completed 71 races, won 32 (45%). I was closer to 50% win percentage on both, but have been goofing around more.

Deku Tree

167 races, one 319 helmet, one 318 helmet, and nothing else above 313 with most being 311... Good thing I got a harrowed 320 helmet for each toon!

This was happening to me as well. I didn't know if it was because so many people were trying to queue at the same time to get matched with Bungie or not. Most of the time the Bungie race had started before I was even able to get a race through matchmaking. There was quite a few races where we only had 4 racers or less (I'm guessing people bailed when they realize BNG wasn't in the game).

I am curious what the matchmaking is based on. My SRL stats are average, but I feel like the last few days I am going against MLG racers. For reference, on Mars I've completed 69 races, won 20 (29%) and on Venus I've completed 71 races, won 32 (45%). I was closer to 50% win percentage on both, but have been goofing around more.

I'm sure it factors in win % best race times and best lap times. Probably deaths as well, so by extension K/D ratios.

Last I checked I'm at a 77% win rate for Mars, and an 82% win rate for Venus. According to the Stat Book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom