• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Great image
TheGrreatGatsby3.png

GunnerZ

How are you feeling about the meta this week? What guns have you been rocking? TLW?
Ya iv been using TLW because really there's only 2 guns to use, Thorn and TLW everything else doesn't compare in my eyes. Pair any of those 2 with a sniper and I rocket launcher and thats the meta.

Personal I think they really fuck up Crucible and it driving me nuts -_-.

I think that they should completely rework Crucible.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Anyone interested in totems to sisters x3 3 hours or so from now? We'll have to make totems CP when we get there with the first run.

Starting to think that snipers are ruining the meta. They've been super unbalanced since 2.0 but now they are worse than ever. They really need to make some changes to snipers quick.

Starting to think that snipers are ruining the meta. They've been super unbalanced since 2.0 but now they are worse than ever. They really need to make some changes to snipers quick.
Snipers have already ruined the Crucible since the birth of Trial of Osiris.

When you play Skirmish and you got two members on your team who decide to camp, you know that the round is ruined

I miss the good old days of Auto Rifle and Fusion Rifles

E92 M3

This thread is dad.

Won't top last year.

Last year was fun, but the holidays always bring the "second uncles" back around.

Yes, let's nerf more weapons, that'll solve everything!

Nerfing has to stop! If I am elected I promise to fight for the people and promote a better Destiny!

#MAKEDESTINYGREATAGAIN

Vote for me, number 31 in the booth.

Last year was fun, but the holidays always bring the "second uncles" back around.

Yes, let's nerf more weapons, that'll solve everything!

Nerfing has to stop! If I am elected I promise to fight for the people and promote a better Destiny!

#MAKEDESTINYGREATAGAIN

Vote for me, number 31 in the booth.

if there is one weapon class that needs nerfing in the Crucible, it's Snipersé

Spawn in Pantheon, run down the fall for, run down the hall, sniped.

Snipers have already ruined the Crucible since the birth of Trial of Osiris.

When you play Skirmish and you got two members on your team who decide to camp, you know that the round is ruined

I miss the good old days of Auto Rifle and Fusion Rifles

I really miss fusion rifles. I've been thinking about forcing my Plan C down some people's throats lately, just because.

No idea if it'll actually work, but I really want it to.

E92 M3

if there is one weapon class that needs nerfing in the Crucible, it's Snipersé

I am strongly against all nerfs from this point on. Snipers are fine, it's the other weapons that need loving. Crucible is already very boring and stale due to slow TTK.

Lol some people take their teabagging too seriously. A guy just spent 7 seconds of his stormtrance super teabagging me.

Note: my scoreboard was 27/5 so you can guess how well he did.

|OT38| I am nerfing the meta, pray I don't nerf it any further.

nah that's so bad

Didn't get the chance to try and get matchmade against Bungie in SRL due to watching Star Wars at midnight release, doubt it would have happened due to skill based matchmaking + being located in the UK anyway.

Daemul

I won't begin to start becoming content with balance in PvP until special weapons are curbed, no one should be able to run around with snipers and shotguns all game long. If you are going to allow them to run around all match with them, then make them harder to use, like adding sway on snipers and having snipers get knocked out of ADS whenever they get shot.

I am strongly against all nerfs from this point on. Snipers are fine, it's the other weapons that need loving. Crucible is already very boring and stale due to slow TTK.
Snipers absolutely need addressed. The aim assist system (all the components of aim assist in play) is just ridiculous on snipers. They are just far too forgiving. Snipers should have the lowest aim assist of any weapon class (outside of rockets I guess). I'm thinking something around the halo 3 sniper would be acceptable. In a game like destiny when you can constantly have special ammo, a power weapon such as a sniper should not be so damn easy to use.

Honestly, they should just push the inferno game type settings to the rest of crucible, outside of mayhem. If everyone is not familiar, in the inferno game types you do not spawn with special ammo, and heavy ammo is simply not a thing. The other settings (no radar, simplified scoring) don't need to be applied. But the changes to special and heavy would really benefit this game in my opinion. If heavy has to be a thing (ugh) the ammo should be further reduced to keep it from being the absolute shit show it currently is. I'd say 2 rockets maximum and one magazine (or less, who knows) of machine gun should be all that's allowed.

I digress, though. The point is, sniping is much too easy. Tone it down and we may see snipers other than 1000 yard stare again. Give fusion rifles their balls back and then all the special weapons will have a place again.

E92 M3

Snipers absolutely need addressed. The aim assist system (all the components of aim assist in play) is just ridiculous on snipers. They are just far too forgiving. Snipers should have the lowest aim assist of any weapon class (outside of rockets I guess). I'm thinking something around the halo 3 sniper would be acceptable. In a game like destiny when you can constantly have special ammo, a power weapon such as a sniper should not be so damn easy to use.

Honestly, they should just push the inferno game type settings to the rest of crucible, outside of mayhem. If everyone is not familiar, in the inferno game types you do not spawn with special ammo, and heavy ammo is simply not a thing. The other settings (no radar, simplified scoring) don't need to be applied. But the changes to special and heavy would really benefit this game in my opinion. If heavy has to be a thing (ugh) the ammo should be further reduced to keep it from being the absolute shit show it currently is. I'd say 2 rockets maximum and one magazine (or less, who knows) of machine gun should be all that's allowed.

I digress, though. The point is, sniping is much too easy. Tone it down and we may see snipers other than 1000 yard stare again. Give fusion rifles their balls back and then all the special weapons will have a place again.

I don't think Destiny needs to be super serious and balanced. I am rather happy that Destiny is just silly fun. Really tired of every shooter trying to be esports.

The problem with snipers is also a problem with the special weapons in general. Weapons need to be balanced so there is a scale of risk vs. reward. The most effective weapons should be the hardest to use, and the least effective ones should be easiest to use.

By this standard the ramp should be from easiest/least effective to hardest/most effective:
Shotguns < Sidearms < Fusion Rifles < Snipers

Right now shotguns are in a good place. Sidearms need slight range and damage increases. Fusions need to be more accurate. Snipers need a large nerf to AA and a reduction in RoF. It's far too easy to sniper currently and the only snipers that should be double tapping are the low impact ones like the Tao or Yasmin.

Right now though, there is no reason to not use a 1000 ys. It has insane AA, can kill the majority of supers with a headshot, and is fast enough to double tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom