• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

I think one of the reasons I enjoyed the Crucible beta was that it was my first real taste of an online shooter, so I expected to play badly. When I got that Cydonia-AR3 and wasn't going negative every match, it felt good. Now I expect better of myself and there's so much bullshit and Crucible just makes me angry more than anything these days. So I don't play it.
I've been playing shooters online since Halo 2 came out, and I get the same way. I've developed a bit of an odd fear that I will get good at a game, and therefore start to expect a certain level of performance out of myself. If I don't do as good as I think I should be, I tend to get frustrated.

Mindlog

They're all terrible, but holy hell...
def4a4e34d5aa9ea493287dddf9f42a6.png
lol

That's the bees knees.

"They're going to buff, Thorn."
What? Why?
"Sucks in PvE."
Do they know what that's going to do to PvP?
"It's been playtested."

There are probably other examples
hwGmezE.png

Large swaths of Reddit can be as easily dismissed as any chaff in a Destiny thread on gaming side. Unfortunately a lot of it gets upvoted because of the same reasons Destiny threads can be overwhelmed with... stuff.

PS I have more exotic shards than weapon parts. It's been playtested.

got tired of responding to these posts

222964339ecdbdedeed9002098b32693.png

9ce8f7fb87d7e96deb45cdcc41cf3480.png

def4a4e34d5aa9ea493287dddf9f42a6.png

fe93ffaafed9c98096b396a7cfe327b9.png

f122dbda7a4d523d50f30ad2a17561a8.png

Dude, you have got to stop letting people get to you. Especially on the internet.

You can't let shit like this get to you.

The last time I made a thread on Reddit, the first response was literally telling me to "Get good".

The post still made it to the front page, and got people talking, and discussing it. All you've done by deleting it is ensuring that anyone who hasn't seen it, never will, and that's a shame.

they probably don't know how the patch affected exotics

i also recall dismantling a bunch of y1 exotic armor post patch and every single one only produced one shard

which is why i assumed that weapons still give 2 while armor was patched to 1

It'd be funny if Bungie just didn't realize how Exotic weapons worked in regards to being dismantled.

I mean....armor is fucking hard to level up because apparently their exp gains are glitched. And I can confirm, leveled up weapons have 100% double drop rate, meaning if you want to get alotta exotic shards for infusing, the best way is to level up heavy weapons because it takes the least amount of motes.

phen0m24

Dude, you have got to stop letting people get to you. Especially on the internet.

The last time I made a thread on Reddit, the first response was literally telling me to "Get good".

The post still made it to the front page, and got people talking, and discussing it. All you've done by deleting it is ensuring that anyone who hasn't seen it, never will, and that's a shame.

TG, listen to Kor. Wise post here. :)

Separately,
Dearest Bungie team.

I have over 20 rocket launcher telemetries. You know what would be nice in Year 2?

GJALLARHORN.

On the point of Fusion Rifles, what were the best ones from Year One?

I remember I had a godly Plug One roll with Kneepads, Accelerated Coils and Hipfire.

Paging Hawkian.

My go to in those days was the Helios something 5. Its hilarious, fusion rifles were SO good back in the day that i was looking at my stats the other day and FRs are at 3000 kills of my 23k kills in pvp. Its second place and i havent used one in almost an year lol.

This happened to me, except instead of not playing crucible, I started drifting into other playlists.

When I was having a bad time before HoW I spent a lot of time in Skirmish and Salvage. It feels a lot different than any of the 6v6 modes.

Oh yeah, I pretty much exclusively played Skirmish during HoW. I just can't be bothered with this meta.

Are snipers OP?

I don't think they are at all, but I do feel they're too 'useable' at the mid-range (sometimes even close range). I almost feel like a damage drop off should be in effect for things too near, as well as too far.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
My go to in those days was the Helios something 5. Its hilarious, fusion rifles were SO good back in the day that i was looking at my stats the other day and FRs are at 3000 kills of my 23k kills in pvp. Its second place and i havent used one in almost an year lol.
That was a rare, lol. Way too low impact for me once I started getting into FRs. Actually, I never used any rare weapons seriously except the Galahad-E.

I just didn't do a good job of presenting a convincing argument. I didn't even expect that to be as popular as it was, otherwise I would have put more time into it. It's a topic I feel very strongly about and I frankly don't think anyone should be able to contest it. So the fact that those posts were not something I was able to respond to meant I wasn't articulate enough in the original post.

I guess I figured the premise was self-explanatory.

I just didn't do a good job of presenting a convincing argument. I didn't even expect that to be as popular as it was, otherwise I would have put more time into it. It's a topic I feel very strongly about and I frankly don't think anyone should be able to contest it. So the fact that those posts were not something I was able to respond to meant I wasn't articulate enough in the original post.

That's fine. Then come revisit the subject later. You still don't need to delete your original post. Someone else may have be using that information to build a similar argument.

Deleting the post makes it seem like you don't have faith in your own points/opinions, to the point that when questioned (and you will be questioned) you just run and hide.

There are always point going to disagree with you. There are people that still believe the earth is flat. The fact that your post even got the front page at all means it was worth something.

That's fine. Then come revisit the subject later. You still don't need to delete your original post. Someone else may have be using that information to build a similar argument.

well when the noise on the sub dies down perhaps i'll post an updated version and do a better job of presenting the facts.

i think your comment is really what sold it though, since it was a good TLDR analogy.

ethomaz

Banned
So many memorable moments. "Ethomaz, come back!!!! Drop the phone and comeback" LOL.

"Guys, we've got a hard mode issue here....There are 4 black balls and they are going really fast".

"ME ME ME ME...on MY Platform"
"Who the fuck is ME?!"
It was MEEEEEEEE!!!!
It was really great and fun run.

Thanks.

I scrapped pretty much all my legendary gear except for Shadow Price. It, too, was one of the first legendaries that I got as a drop and I used it to combat Suros.

That gun has seen some shit as well as shot a ton of Hive running out of a cave.

I have preserved both vendor Vanquisher variations (vanilla and Dark Below). :)

a day will come to bring 'em back

So the trials cloak skin is messed up right? Because the icon clearly shows that the rays of the sun should be black but its transparent for me.

GlamFM

Banned
Hell that makes 5 w/ T-44. Either Hawkian is really popular or people love my Tony Danza gif
(or both)

When would work? What's your light level? Depending on what it is we may need the 6th to be a dependable runner.

Still need one?

phen0m24

Hell that makes 5 w/ T-44. Either Hawkian is really popular or people love my Tony Danza gif
(or both)

am just here for the ICE CREAAAAMMMM

Yeah... I love me some good analogies/metaphors.

That was a good analogy Kor for sure

TG you said people making inane comments is due to you not making a clear enough point?

This is the internet.

(insert typical internet argument)
"The sky is blue. Look. Look up in the sky. See?
The grass is green. Look. Look down at the ground. See?"

"I wholeheartedly disagree and am sure you're blind, stupid or both!"

Ahhhh, the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom