• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
am just here for the ICE CREAAAAMMMM

That was a good analogy Kor for sure

TG you said people making inane comments is due to you not making a clear enough point?

This is the internet.

(insert typical internet argument)
"The sky is blue. Look. Look up in the sky. See?
The grass is green. Look. Look down at the ground. See?"

"I wholeheartedly disagree and am sure you're blind, stupid or both!"

Ahhhh, the internet.

I know but I have to have the last word.

Was going through some older OTs trying to find Hawkian's gif of original OP Pocket Infinity and it's sobering how many posters have been banned.

LTWood12

Was going through some older OTs trying to find Hawkian's gif of original OP Pocket Infinity and it's sobering how many posters have been banned.

anigif_original-grid-image-26380-1381836269-5.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
When would work? What's your light level? Depending on what it is we may need the 6th to be a dependable runner.
It sounds like Colonel might have the timeframe requirement, so let's let him pick. Let's say 8pm EST or EDT or whatever it is as a starting point.
It's kind of frustrating to see people bitch no matter what the pvp meta is.
hahaha. well.

I'd say "get used to it" but that's not actually an option as in action you can take. It's a good inevitability to acknowledge. In other words the rest of your sentence after the word "see" is a helpful truism. Anyway you aren't alone.

Unrelated, but on each rare occasion that I see a post from you I think about how I still have an existing friend request out to whomever haunted_taco is on PSN. A true mystery, that one :D

Like Trakan said there would be a lot less complaining if balancing was done more often. Doing slow large balance adjustments means we are stuck in a place we don't like for a long time before they over correct and do something else that we don't like. If balancing happened faster it would feel like more of a priority and it would also be more apparent that Bungie knows what issues are. I for example will bitch about sniper AA ad nauseum until they address it.

phen0m24

It sounds like Colonel might have the timeframe requirement, so let's let him pick. Let's say 8pm EST or EDT or whatever it is as a starting point.

hahaha. well.

I'd say "get used to it" but that's not actually an option as in action you can take. It's a good inevitability to acknowledge. In other words the rest of your sentence after the word "see" is a helpful truism. Anyway you aren't alone.

Unrelated, but on each rare occasion that I see a post from you I think about how I still have an existing friend request out to whomever haunted_taco is on PSN. A true mystery, that one :D

Bedtime for offspring #2 is 8:30 PM EST

8:45 EST? 9 EST?

We bitch because we seem to be able to recognize a bad idea before it happens.

Most of changes that have come about have had us questioning them before their implementation.

Then when implemented, turns out most of us were right in our expectations.

It makes us feel like, 'If we can see this stuff being an issue in an instance, how is Bungie not seeing it?'

We bitch because we seem to be able to recognize a bad idea before it happens.

Most of changes that have come about have had us questioning them before their implementation.

Then when implemented, turns out most of us were right in our expectations.

It makes us feel like, 'If we can see this stuff being an issue in an instance, how is Bungie not seeing it?'

Mhm. It's simply unacceptable that Bungie takes months to balance an obvious oversight. 'But they need data and need to see trends!' League of Legends for example, tends to have patches on a monthly basis. Bungie seems to struggle patching every month comparatively.

Ghazi

No game is perfectly balanced, there's always something to complain about. Whether the fan base is happy about where it stands is the more important issue, and boy is it hard to please destiny fans. That being said, the game has been better in the past, in my opinion, hopefully the December update fixes it.

ethomaz

Banned
Anytime. Loot sucked, but that's to be expected lol.
The two NF loots sucked for me :( I have got Don't Touch Me 310 from a Exotic Engram before enter in the Nightfall and it gives me Don't Touch Me 310 again... I already use one 317 with my Hunter... Bungie please.

Thanks.

todd360

Kinda feel like getting on for some pvp, but then I remembered that there is no trials and no clash iron banner. Those are muh favorite.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bedtime for offspring #2 is 8:30 PM EST

8:45 EST? 9 EST?
sure whatever. we can aim for 8:45.

I can't remember which but on either my Hunter or Titan if I completely max everything out to stretch my light as far as absolutely possible, I can hit 305.

Lnkn52

sure whatever. we can aim for 8:45.

I can't remember which but on either my Hunter or Titan if I completely max everything out to stretch my light as far as absolutely possible, I can hit 305.

The new Bungie gear app has a feature that will equip your best gear to maximize light.

hsHBuea.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The new Bungie gear app has a feature that will equip your best gear to maximize light.

hsHBuea.jpg
Yeah, that will get me to 305 on either my Hunter or Titan, can't remember which.

I'm actually still missing a 310 artifact, kinda confused about what I haven't done regarding that quest on either character. I got a 305 "Rainbow Blade" from my Trials gold package and was actually kinda happy about it.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
One thing I don't understand is how only the Bungie app has a "compare gear" function that shows green/red bars when you compare weapons/equipment. How is that not ingame too?!

People will always bitch about balancing as if development takes place in some sort of hyperbolic time chamber.

I still play Diablo 3 and the other day for kicks I was looking at some of the threads from launch and stumbled across this gem. It's as true of Diablo as it is of Destiny. It's as true in 2012 as is it is now.

Complaining is the new meta game.​

Granted, D3 and Destiny are massively improved from community feedback, but I can't get that out of my head.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Second time today and fourth time in the last week that I have gotten stuck in my vault at the tower.

Really starting to worry.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So does this guy ;)

giphy.gif
I hadn't been bothered to even look at the 2.1 patch notes because I've been so engrossed with Fallout 4, but when I saw your GIF I just had to.

Reading the first section alone has me thinking that in a months time we'll be saying "everything was Zhalo Supercell."

GOING BACK TO THORN LOL!

haha, yeah I guess me complaining about people complaining isn't really constructive either..

long live PSN haunted_taco!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom