• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have my Shadow Price. My first legendary primary and the first weapon I bought. Game refused to drop anything but blue primaries for me even after I'd already got a Thunderlord. What a time.
....you were using.....a pulse rifle. Just when you think you know someone...

I used TLW a good bit in IB (even have it at 314), but on Black Shield that's just asking to be killed.

LTWood12

I still have my Shadow Price. My first legendary primary and the first weapon I bought. Game refused to drop anything but blue primaries for me even after I'd already got a Thunderlord. What a time.

I used TLW a good bit in IB (even have it at 314), but on Black Shield that's just asking to be killed.

It's ok Fig.

Shadow Price was my first legendary Primary (second legendary after pretty sad Unfriendly Giant roll). Got it from my Vanguard Rank 3 package and used it for pretty much everything. Sadly I let it go pre-2.0 when vault space was such an issue. I wish I hadn't.

HowZatOZ

Banned
How does this refer a friend thing work? There is literally no info on their shitty website and no site that's running the news has said anything, all just regurgitated PR.

Afrocious

I scrapped pretty much all my legendary gear except for Shadow Price. It, too, was one of the first legendaries that I got as a drop and I used it to combat Suros.

That gun has seen some shit as well as shot a ton of Hive running out of a cave.

I scrapped pretty much all my legendary gear except for Shadow Price. It, too, was one of the first legendaries that I got as a drop and I used it to combat Suros.

That gun has seen some shit as well as shot a ton of Hive running out of a cave.

Think the pecking order was Suors > Shadow Price > Vanquisher > Shingen E > Cydonia > Galahad > Atheon's Epilogue

Give or take a few i'm missing.

Actually miss Autos.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Morning DGAF!

vctor182
the_id
Smiley90
ethomaz
Liamc723

THANK YOU TEAM FOR THE AMAZING HM RAID! \o/

It was a blast. Took a bit long, but was worth it.

It featured some memorable moments like:

"NO! I CAN'T! I CAN'T SEE SHIT!"
"NOT THAT ORB, THE OTHER ONE!"
"ETHOMAZ, DON'T YELL "I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" :D
"Guys, I think we should wipe. Oh, ok, we don't have to wipe."
"TWO KNIGHTS COMING ON THE RIGHT!"
"What? No way, this shit is glitched"

and my favorite

*3/6 people die when boss is at 1-5% health*
"It's over guys, we're dead... :("
"NO IT'S NOT, KEEP FIRING!!!!"
*3 remaning guardians kill the boss*
"OMG, WE'RE NOT DEAD! HE'S DEAD! YESSSS!!! WHOOOOO!*

happened at every boss. ^_^

DGAF is life, DGAF is love. <3

all three/four bosses had something memorable

totems with 3/6 alive
warpriest with what, 2/6 alive?
Golgoroth with uh, 4/6? 5/6? I don't remember

then the sisters we did well, aside from all the platform issues. Also when we were on the second sister "STOP SHOOTING HER FOCUS ON ADDS" "NO I CAN KILL HER" -shoots two rocket launcher shells at sister and kills her- "I KILLED HER TOLD YOU SO"

The beta was full of endless possibility.

And then you played the game and you realized that you did everything on Earth in the beta, and then it slowly dawned on you that the game went horribly wrong.

Smiley90

Looking at the weapon chart again and it looks like LDR has more aim assist than 1000 Yard Stare.

4780ae3a54a6c9180b930f5933945b91.png

18db5e15e9cf46b717d2845230b41e61.png

I know these charts are subject to revisions at any point (Her Benevolence was knocked down like 20 points in the summer after everyone started chasing it for having the best AA in House of Wolves), but that stat is hard to swallow given how much easier the 1000 Yard Stare is to use.

The way aim assist scales with range is probably the main cause for Snipers feeling stronger than they were before.

Think everyone in this thread already knows I want the game to revert back to 1.0.2.2 verbatim and go from there.

wait, Eirene only has 21 aim assist? I could've sworn it had some really high level. Mhmmm. I should look back at the chart again I guess.

zewone

wait, Eirene only has 21 aim assist? I could've sworn it had some really high level. Mhmmm. I should look back at the chart again I guess.

All snipers in TTK have high aim assist due to aim assist being tied to range.

Some just have more than others.

ethomaz

Banned
I'm online... what I need.

- 7 kills in a row with Hand Canon
- Nightfall (now 3x)
- HM KF (now 3x)

I guess that is all.

I think one of the reasons I enjoyed the Crucible beta was that it was my first real taste of an online shooter, so I expected to play badly. When I got that Cydonia-AR3 and wasn't going negative every match, it felt good. Now I expect better of myself and there's so much bullshit and Crucible just makes me angry more than anything these days. So I don't play it.

Those look amazing! What do you have to do in game to finagle them like that?

Thanks! To pull it off, sit down with your back up against something taller than you are. Then open up your character menu. You have to close the menu then immediately hit the share button. There's a 0.25 seconds when the world is visible, but the HUD hasn't appeared yet. It works great for scenery, but is a little trickier trying to catch something dynamic like a boss spawning.

I would play more crucible but for me I know I tend to get anxious in competitive modes because I don't want to hulk out on people I play with. I played years of League of Legends competitive, it's not good for you @_@ Motherfuckers on my team need to learn how to ward..

I think one of the reasons I enjoyed the Crucible beta was that it was my first real taste of an online shooter, so I expected to play badly. When I got that Cydonia-AR3 and wasn't going negative every match, it felt good. Now I expect better of myself and there's so much bullshit and Crucible just makes me angry more than anything these days. So I don't play it.

This happened to me, except instead of not playing crucible, I started drifting into other playlists.

When I was having a bad time before HoW I spent a lot of time in Skirmish and Salvage. It feels a lot different than any of the 6v6 modes.

stay gold

Don't know if it's been posted here already, but I saw on Reddit levelled exotic weapons are giving 2 shards 100% of the time when dismantled.

So if you're low on shards like me, you can buy a blueprint for 1 shard + glimmer, level it with motes, dismantle and get 2 shards back.

the_id

all three/four bosses had something memorable

totems with 3/6 alive
warpriest with what, 2/6 alive?
Golgoroth with uh, 4/6? 5/6? I don't remember

then the sisters we did well, aside from all the platform issues. Also when we were on the second sister "STOP SHOOTING HER FOCUS ON ADDS" "NO I CAN KILL HER" -shoots two rocket launcher shells at sister and kills her- "I KILLED HER TOLD YOU SO"
Morning DGAF!

vctor182
the_id
Smiley90
ethomaz
Liamc723

THANK YOU TEAM FOR THE AMAZING HM RAID! \o/

It was a blast. Took a bit long, but was worth it.

It featured some memorable moments like:

"NO! I CAN'T! I CAN'T SEE SHIT!"
"NOT THAT ORB, THE OTHER ONE!"
"ETHOMAZ, DON'T YELL "I GOT IT! I GOT IT!" :D
"Guys, I think we should wipe. Oh, ok, we don't have to wipe."
"TWO KNIGHTS COMING ON THE RIGHT!"
"What? No way, this shit is glitched"

and my favorite

*3/6 people die when boss is at 1-5% health*
"It's over guys, we're dead... :("
"NO IT'S NOT, KEEP FIRING!!!!"
*3 remaning guardians kill the boss*
"OMG, WE'RE NOT DEAD! HE'S DEAD! YESSSS!!! WHOOOOO!*

happened at every boss. ^_^

DGAF is life, DGAF is love. <3

So many memorable moments. "Ethomaz, come back!!!! Drop the phone and comeback" LOL.

"Guys, we've got a hard mode issue here....There are 4 black balls and they are going really fast".

"ME ME ME ME...on MY Platform"
"Who the fuck is ME?!"

Don't know if it's been posted here already, but I saw on Reddit levelled exotic weapons are giving 2 shards 100% of the time when dismantled.

So if you're low on shards like me, you can buy a blueprint for 1 shard + glimmer, level it with motes, dismantle and get 2 shards back.

That would be a glitch, because Bungie specifically patched it so that you only had a 50% chance of getting an extra shard..

LTWood12

One of my favorite photos I took from year one (and incidentally my desktop background). I don't even remember why I took this. We were goofing around, about to attempt a flawless Crota's end and I just snapped it. I love how it captures the detail on T-44 and Gunnerz armor. Love that I'm ADSing Fatebringer. T is rocking Vision of Confluence. Deathsinger's Gaze is such a cool helmet, as is the Unyielding Casque which looks awesome w/ the depth of field effect. I'd photoshop the psn names out if I could, but it's cool nonetheless.

yDVMu14h.jpg

Smiley90

That would be a glitch, because Bungie specifically patched it so that you only had a 50% chance of getting an extra shard..

might be a glitch, but the only (fully leveled) exotic I've dismantled since yesterday gave me 2 shards as well. Just adding data points. :p

Smiley90

Time to exploit it before Bungie fixes it then!

if you do it, let us know a) whether it was leveled or not and b) how many shards you got!

So when ARs get a slight buff and pulses get a slight nerf in December, will we see a resurgence of S U R O S R E G I M E ?

Given that I already only use AR's and scouts for PvP, I'm sooooo happy :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom