• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want no fake friend sub-account separate account BS. I expect the real Guardians like Ji66a-Man and Unsatiable to buy new consoles and carry their own selves through the quest.

Top of the page realness

RIP Hotwings Pilgrim :'(

mlLAYN.gif

I'm just playing Fallout 4. I miss Destiny's gunplay.

Edit: Honestly, they should have the sherpa program and just allow people to buy the damn stuff.

E92 M3

I'm not invested in the e-peen MLG crowd that Halo spawned, but after playing Destiny competitively for a bit I would absolutely like to see the game come closer to Halo as far as outplaying players goes. I got way too much trash talk from people who thought they were good by blinking around with Thorn and Shotguns.

Yeah, it was always hilarious to hear people trash talking when they blink with shotgun and thorn. Have no issues if they used those tactics, but trash talking was rather funny.

Lnkn52

I don't want no fake friend sub-account separate account BS. I expect the real Guardians like Ji66a-Man and Unsatiable to buy new consoles and carry their own selves through the quest.

Top of the page realness

RIP Hotwings Pilgrim :'(

mlLAYN.gif

Hopscotch?! Do you even Destiny?

GlamFM

Banned
Reposting for new page:

Looking for a fresh raid or just Oryx for me and my brother.

He sucks less now.

Have totems AND Oryx CP.

Any takers?

That's how it should be tbh. The better man should always come out on top.

Well I like that I can play the PvP with any of my friends and not have to worry about losing or them not having fun because they can't get kills. Whereas if I go and play Halo, one person who isn't performing is bringing the team down and it can lead to a toxic environment where you're only playing with people because they're good at the game. The only reason I joined the 13 Devils is because those guys didn't appear to be like that (and ZL_Chris still isn't).

But i wouldn't mind if they brought the skill ceiling up. Or at least made it so the best weapons in the game (TLW) weren't easy to use. There was a time where the skill of a player in Destiny was determined by how good their Last Word shot was. But then everyone figured out how to proc 111 damage and it stopped being a measure of skill.

im normally down to circumvent my way around this refer a friend thing. These guys want you to recruit a person with their own Live or PsN account who had never played destiny.

If I tried to do all this on my own I'd have to get my son his own LIVE account and copy of TTk. My pockets bungie. Have mercy.

Kyoufu

So stupid. Friend of mine started playing like 2 weeks ago. I helped him with quests, nightfall, strikes, court of oryx, etc. He can't use my referral code because bungie tells him he's played Destiny for over a week.

Yup.

Plus I got my friends to play this back in Year 1.

I'm out of friends, Bungie. :(

Afrocious

I never understood why we never see other Guardian NPCs in the wild who aren't dead.

In Bloodborne, you see hunters who are swagged the fuck out. After a ton of hard work or straight up murder, you can have that gear for yourself.

The only swagged out Guardian you see is Shaxx and Saladin, and they just stand around.

The refer-a-friend thing is so dumb because it's so late in the game. How many veterans are there that haven't already tried to get their friends to play? Seems so strange. Made for kids, I guess.

Deku Tree

Trakan

Having no AA does not equate to "skill" - I think that's a false equivalency. The controller does not allow the same precision in movement as a mouse. AA is needed for controllers. And I said before, I've played with great players that still dominate consistently.

Great players dominating doesn't mean anything. If there was zero AA, great players would still dominate. It's about a broken/unbalanced mechanic making mediocre players into better players and being able to play at levels they shouldn't be. A gun should not increase a player's skill level.

I am not as good as Twilight at sniping, but with AA the way it currently is, I'm able to pull off stuff I watch in his vids. That's not how it should work.

My biggest grievance with sniper AA isn't that it makes sniping easier so much as that it makes ridiculous snipes that have no business landing hit a lot more often. It also is bad that the most effective snipers have the most AA. Weapons need trade-offs and most special weapons don't. 1000 yard has great AA and impact, on the shotgun front Conspiracy theory has great impact and range.

Namikaze1

We lost that match and not because the other team was better (they weren't) but because of shitty stuff like that. That was the match where the Stormcaller had UNLIMITED POWAH and killing people through freaking walls. Almost all of them weren't taking damage and at least 3 were teleporting around.

Namikaze1

Nami how do you make gifs? I got a vid of that same match with that same player trying to bladedance and its like a horror movie
I normally use Imgur's video to gif but then I have to use Photoshop to make the file size smaller. It's one too many steps.

For quick and easy small gifs like that one, I use gifs.com

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On the point of Fusion Rifles, what were the best ones from Year One?

I remember I had a godly Plug One roll with Kneepads, Accelerated Coils and Hipfire.

Paging Hawkian.
Pocket Infinity and Plan C were the best but you already know that.

My favorite was 77 Wizard which was the original Crucible one. It was a slow charge with crazy impact which is my preferred type. The quick-charge counterpart at the time was LIGHT/BEWARE, which was a favorite for a lot of people.

Following Vanilla, Plug One.01 was a solid compromise between the two, just about any roll of it could be useful from one like you had for quick firing or one I had with range perks. Give/Take Equation kind of replaced that for me in HoW, it was also balanced and had a super tight beam. Final Rest II and The Trolley Problem had crazy range that made them pretty dominant on the right maps. Perun's Fire was the champion for the quick charging ones, when rolled with Acc. Coils it had the fastest charge in the game. Also, Light of the Abyss was all around great with a huge punch for how quick its charge was, and some fun shenanigans with skip rounds.

I still have my LIGHT/Beware <3

Tore those Minotaurs during Gatekeepers apart. This was before everyone started using the solo Gatekeepers at the same time strategy.

Pocket Infinity and Plan C were the best but you already know that.

My favorite was 77 Wizard which was the original Crucible one. It was a slow charge with crazy impact which is my preferred type. The quick-charge counterpart at the time was LIGHT/BEWARE, which was a favorite for a lot of people.

Following Vanilla, Plug One.01 was a solid compromise between the two, just about any roll of it could be useful from one like you had for quick firing or one I had with range perks. Give/Take Equation kind of replaced that for me in HoW, it was also balanced and had a super tight beam. Final Rest II and The Trolley Problem had crazy range that made them pretty dominant on the right maps. Perun's Fire was the champion for the quick charging ones, when rolled with Acc. Coils it had the fastest charge in the game. Also, Light of the Abyss was all around great with a huge punch for how quick its charge was, and some fun shenanigans with skip rounds.

Wizard and Light Beware are the vanilla ones I was forgetting.

I don't remember many Vanilla weapons.

Sherpa rewards should be nothing more than an emblem, IMO.

But then nobody would even bother with it.

Afrocious

i'm always going to remember when twilight gap and i had gatekeepers on lock when solo'ing them

like i remember todd going into the portal trying to snipe and i whip out dat gjallarhorn doe

I can't snipe for shit anymore, although I did enjoy this. Thank you AA.

I would have got my top score/win bounty done if we'd won that match, but I didn't care because I actually hit someone in the head with a sniper rifle.

Strider

Rangefinder can go straight to hell. I'll take auto aim snipes over conspiracy theory and party crashed any day

I wouldn't.

Because if anything shotguns encourage movement since you have to get up close.

This "stand still and snipe/pulse across the map until I get my super" meta we have right now is 100% garbage.

Both shotguns and snipers need to be nerfed but if I had to choose between the 2 evils I'd take shotguns. I can outplay blinking shotgun scrubs all day but I can't approach these snipers at all.

I was nerfed into oblivion this patch lol

My biggest grievance with sniper AA isn't that it makes sniping easier so much as that it makes ridiculous snipes that have no business landing hit a lot more often. It also is bad that the most effective snipers have the most AA. Weapons need trade-offs and most special weapons don't. 1000 yard has great AA and impact, on the shotgun front Conspiracy theory has great impact and range.

Yea, basically a quick moving target. It's like the AA loves those.

i'm always going to remember when twilight gap and i had gatekeepers on lock when solo'ing them

like i remember todd going into the portal trying to snipe and i whip out dat gjallarhorn doe

lol he was using an Ice Breaker and whoever was in the other portal would kill the Gatekeeper too fast by accident nearly every time. Gjallarhorn, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom