• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking 310 ghost from Nightfall

It's pretty amusing when the most exciting reward was some strange coins.

Top of page reminder that if you are still here then your in for the long haul.

giphy.gif

I have only 3 maps I've played on over 300 times.

Rusted Lands
Firebase Delphi
Twilight Gap

I'm surprised Burning Shrine isn't in there, but I guess I never really saw it that much outside of Trials. And I didn't really touch 3v3 during vanilla.

darthbob

Nope. Haven't heard anything.

The posting is still up, so I guess that's good?

They have to politely tell all the others they didn't make the cut, I guess.

Heh, maybe. When I applied for a Test position they didn't tell me that I wasn't qualified/selected/whatever, so I just assumed they canned my resume.

Hope you have better luck!

Map with highest K/D is Drifter at 2.8. Small sample size but still kinda funny considering how nobody likes that map.

last I heard about crossroads they removed it to fix some glitch

not sure if they fixed it or what

That was Vertigo. They fixed it, it's back in rotation now.

Heh, maybe. When I applied for a Test position they didn't tell me that I wasn't qualified/selected/whatever, so I just assumed they canned my resume.

Hope you have better luck!

I'm just being cocky. I don't really expect to be offered the job, as much as I'd love it.

It was one of those, what can it hurt, type of situations.

Don't get me wrong, I would bust my ass working that job, as I would have a crazy amount of pride in it. I'm just going to remain apathetic regarding my application.

stay gold

Huh...Just logged into my Warlock and received a 320 Iron Banner bond. Extra item from the rank 5 package I guess? Thought the Ghost and ship was it.

LTWood12

Quick poll.

Everyone go to your equivalent of this page:
http://destinytracker.com/destiny/tracking/ps/Kor_of_Memory

You can even just change the URL if you want.

Look at the section "By Map"

What is the map and count of your most played on map, and least played on map.

For example:

I've played on Exodus Blue more than any other map at 218 times.
I've played on Crossroads fewer than any other map at 15 times.

Burning Shrine: 81
Skyshock: 0

This data is incorrect though. It says I've only played Cathedral of Dusk once. I've played it at least 3 or 4 times in the last week. And I'm positive I've played on Skyshock a couple of times.

Deku Tree

This is where I Destiny:

Just got a new curved Samsung 48JU7500 when my Plasma broke during a raid (lol). Usually wearing Sony Gold's, instead of listening to my fantabulous speakers so I can talk to you folks.

Huh...Just logged into my Warlock and received a 320 Iron Banner bond. Extra item from the rank 5 package I guess? Thought the Ghost and ship was it.

Yep you get any piece of IB gear between 310-320 in addition to the 310 ghost. So you hit the jackpot, at least w the light level. For some reason a lot of these items didn't show up until people went to orbit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Map with highest K/D is Drifter at 2.8. Small sample size but still kinda funny considering how nobody likes that map.

That was Vertigo. They fixed it, it's back in rotation now.

My best K/D is on my favourite map, no surprise there lol. (Cathedral of Dusk)

That moment when you have played PvP on and off and have only played First Light once since launch, suppose that's what happens when you put it in a playlist few people play for an entire year.

SheHateMe

Quick poll.

For example:

Twilight Gap at 25.
The Timekeeper at 1.

(I don't do a whole lot of PVP unless it's ToO or Iron Banner.)

According to that data I was most active in Crucible in May with 656 matches and 9091 kills. The month before I played 18 games total in that whole month.

HoW Crucible really rejuvenated my love for the game.

Smiley90

K I have 43 calcified fragments and 2 are easy to get (1 from regicide, one shield brothers, one from the skyburner command beacon), and I see I need to run Fear's Embrace again?

Noooo

Noooooooooo

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

According to that data I was most active in Crucible in May with 656 matches and 9091 kills. The month before I played 18 games total in that whole month.

HoW Crucible really rejuvenated my love for the game.

Giving an average of 10 minutes per match thats like 110 hours in one month of just pvp. Damn.

dat desk though. jelly

Realspace Magellan from Office depot. It was on sale for 40% off a couple of weeks ago when I got it. Might be cheaper on black friday. I searched so long for a perfect desk and this is about as close as it gets especially for the price.

http://www.officedepot.com/mb/a/products/956652/Realspace-Magellan-Performance-Collection-L-Desk/

I play on a 27" monitor just fine.

I've always just played on my 65" tv and it's way too big for shooters. I'm excited to go to 27"

RIP Tetris blocks.

Haha I'll rebuild them when I figure out wherected my actual pc will go.

Pfft. Get on my level

Seriously, though, very nice. I love that desk.

Thanks! Other than how long it took to build and how hard it is to move once built, I love it.

We desperately need the reputation boost back.

Where does your Xbox go?

Probably on top of the ps4 on the main part of the desk. Or I might get a mini shelf to put next to the desk. Unless I stand up both ps4 and xb1 but not sure if they'd both fit. Right now I'm keeping it with my tv.

darthbob

I'm just being cocky. I don't really expect to be offered the job, as much as I'd love it.

It was one of those, what can it hurt, type of situations.

Don't get me wrong, I would bust my ass working that job, as I would have a crazy amount of pride in it. I'm just going to remain apathetic regarding my application.

Still, you might get lucky. Honestly it sounds like Bungie is a tough studio to get your foot in the door with, they probably want folks who've had experience working in that sort of environment, but who knows?

Good luck!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I have a bunch of HDTVs I use to game on but as I've gotten better in fighters and games where links and every frame counts, playing on a monitor does make a difference besides me being lazy and turning around to play on one in my PC room. Most modern monitors and a good amount of HDTVs get the job done for most games.

Displaylag.com actually has some good stats on tons of if needed. The site is ran by a Gaffer and who is also the best Akuma player in the U.S.

stay gold

Yep you get any piece of IB gear between 310-320 in addition to the 310 ghost. So you hit the jackpot, at least w the light level. For some reason a lot of these items didn't show up until people went to orbit.

Yeah I saw people were having to go to orbit, but I thought the Ship was in place of gear so didn't bother checking! Nice surprise anyway.

Just optimised my characters and IB has taken my Warlock from 304 to 310, and my Hunter from 299 to 304. I kinda hated Clash but you can't complain with those results.

Still, you might get lucky. Honestly it sounds like Bungie is a tough studio to get your foot in the door with, they probably want folks who've had experience working in that sort of environment, but who knows?

Good luck!

I've got the qualifications. Just not the geography.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Y8vdITn.png

yay

That gif is incredible. And you can have my spot. I'm not going to be able to make it in time.

See post above. Give Kreepmode (Rollo) my spot. Baby weight is still not high enough so my wife is having to go to feeding every two hours as of today. Probably best for me to take the night off :(
hmmm sorry to hear that

looks like T-44 still wants to.

I guess we can still try to put a run together. Would like to play with you soon though LT :)

I really need people who are cool with me being 305 and never having done HM before. I'm capable but I obviously may make mistakes and take some adjustment to the difficult and I'd like it to be a lighthearted run, even if that means we don't finish or whatever.

remaining people who I think have expressed interest are:

T-44
Colonel
Lnkn
Rollo
Ghazi?

LTWood12

Y8vdITn.png

yay

hmmm sorry to hear that

I guess we can still try to put a run together. Would like to play with you soon though LT :)

I really need people who are cool with me being 305 and never having done HM before. I'm capable but I obviously may make mistakes and take some adjustment to the difficult and I'd like it to be a lighthearted run, even if that means we don't finish or whatever.

T-44
Colonel
Lnkn
Rollo
Ghazi?

Thanks Hawk. Looks ya'll were able to fill it out. 305 is perfectly adequate for everything up to Oryx. Hopefully w/ drops you can get to 307ish by then. It'll be tough, but it's definitely doable, especially since everyone else is 310+

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
K I have 43 calcified fragments and 2 are easy to get (1 from regicide, one shield brothers, one from the skyburner command beacon), and I see I need to run Fear's Embrace again?

Noooo

Noooooooooo

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
The version of Fear's Embrace that quest sends you on is, IMO, one of the most challenging things in the game. Ask for help and it'll be a lot less frustrating.

Note that you only have to kill the wizard and then hit orbit, you don't actually have to kill the Echo for any reason (unless you are a stubborn lunatic like I am).

Smiley90

Y8vdITn.png

yay

hmmm sorry to hear that

T-44
Colonel
Lnkn
Rollo
Ghazi?

Sorry, what are you specifically talking about? HM Raid? As a 305 you should only aim to get TO Oryx, but probably not Oryx himself. I'm 309 myself and in a group with ~310-315's I drag everyone down so much that we dont have enough DPS because there can't really be even 1 weak link (unlike everything else up to and including sisters)
The version of Fear's Embrace that quest sends you on is, IMO, one of the most challenging things in the game. Ask for help and it'll be a lot less frustrating.

Note that you only have to kill the wizard and then hit orbit, you don't actually have to kill the Echo for any reason (unless you are a stubborn lunatic like I am).

Is it significantly more difficult than regular Heroic Fear's Embrace that you gotta do? I mean, I two-manned that but it was a paaaaaain

Sorry, what are you specifically talking about? HM Raid? As a 305 you should only aim to get TO Oryx, but probably not Oryx himself. I'm 309 myself and in a group with ~310-315's I drag everyone down so much that we dont have enough DPS because there can't really be even 1 weak link (unlike everything else up to and including Sisters)

There is always the chance he gets higher light loot before then to bring him up. Also, I think my first time beating HM oryx I was sub 210 and was able to do it.

neoism

Quick poll.

For example:

damn is the play time on this site right? never thought I played 750 hours... :O it must count orbit time also...

Having one 305 person in a group where everyone else is 310+ shouldn't be a major problem at Oryx.

If using kill knights strat, 305 person can be the runner.
If using no knights strat, they can sit on a platform and do nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom