• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having one 305 person in a group where everyone else is 310+ shouldn't be a major problem at Oryx.

If using kill knights strat, 305 person can be the runner.
If using no knights strat, they can sit on a platform and do nothing.

Even with kill knights strat if everyone else is 310+ as long as floaters are 310+ and obliterate everything the 305 player should be fine if they play it safe. Invisibility helps out a lot if they are a hunter. Even better if floaters are double titans with ToM, blessing and weapons.

Oh shit two top of the pages in a row. I got nothing :(

Sorry, what are you specifically talking about? HM Raid? As a 305 you should only aim to get TO Oryx, but probably not Oryx himself. I'm 309 myself and in a group with ~310-315's I drag everyone down so much that we dont have enough DPS because there can't really be even 1 weak link (unlike everything else up to and including sisters)

Is it significantly more difficult than regular Heroic Fear's Embrace that you gotta do? I mean, I two-manned that but it was a paaaaaain
If a group of 310+ can't balance out a single 309 then there is something other than DPS issues. At 308, my ToM or sniper was melting ogres and I was having no trouble surviving each phase.

Strider

I'd be shocked if my highest K/D map wasn't burning shrine. Solely because my K/D is higher in 3v3 modes compared to 6v6 and that's a 3v3/rumble only map...

Lnkn52

Y8vdITn.png

yay

hmmm sorry to hear that

looks like T-44 still wants to.

I guess we can still try to put a run together. Would like to play with you soon though LT :)

I really need people who are cool with me being 305 and never having done HM before. I'm capable but I obviously may make mistakes and take some adjustment to the difficult and I'd like it to be a lighthearted run, even if that means we don't finish or whatever.

remaining people who I think have expressed interest are:

T-44
Colonel
Lnkn
Rollo
Ghazi?

Confirming for 8:45

And allowing a minimum of 5 deaths from you before booting you.

just kidding of course, 9 deaths.

Zocano

I remember during one of my Iron Banner matches, it took a while to matchmake and ended up just making a 4v4 match that lasted about 4-5 min (before the other 4 remaining spots were filled).

That was a fun good clean match that didn't feel clusterfucky and felt appropriate for the map size.

coy

I'd be shocked if my highest K/D map wasn't burning shrine. Solely because my K/D is higher in 3v3 modes compared to 6v6 and that's a 3v3/rumble only map...
Just to let you know (as I know you took a break), those 3v3 maps - Burnings Shrine, Asylum, and Anomaly - are now in 6v6 modes.

Strider

Just to let you know (as I know you took a break), those 3v3 maps - Burnings Shrine, Asylum, and Anomoly - are now in 6v6 modes.

Oh lol

Well then... I guess I didn't know since only the classic playlists have the old maps. Damn they should really add those in to the TTK playlists

aarcane

At last, Dead Orbit gave up some shaders: Revenant and The Hanged Man dropped in the last couple of rank-up packages along with a Triple Tap/Third Eye Hung Jury.

Iron Banner finally pushed me past 300 light (the players I used to raid with have ditched the game, no Oryx killing for me), so I got a 310 Red Death from an exotic engram drop. I know pulse rifles are getting nerfed soon, but it's the highest level primary I have. At worst, it can infuse something.

It's not much, but it's nice to make a little progress after not going anywhere for so long.

Also: Antipodal Hindsight with Crowd Control, Perfect Balance and Glass Half Full. Worth holding on to this for the incoming auto rifle buff?

Shiv47

Don't recall answer to this if it was posted, but if I buy a legendary sword from Shaxx, pass it to an alt that's never done the sword stuff at all and then infuse it, will that new character get the exotic quest?

Kaiken

Banned
Don't recall answer to this if it was posted, but if I buy a legendary sword from Shaxx, pass it to an alt that's never done the sword stuff at all and then infuse it, will that new character get the exotic quest?
It should. I would just infuse it with the character that has completed the quest already. It will re-enable the quest but skip the Knight/Crucible kills portion.

Shiv47

It should. I would just infuse it with the character that has completed the quest already. It will re-enable the quest but skip the Knight/Crucible kills portion.

Yeah, I had done that, but forgot I was doing it on my Titan and picked the Void sword, so I was just going to buy another and do it on my warlock.

BokehKing

Banned
i really miss destiny, few more weeks, have to finish off Fall out 4, and some more battlefront...and COD...

If anything big happen (Like the tower becomes christmas decorated) I hope someone posts it in the gaming side, or if they are microtransactioning Santa Hats, whatever, I'll buy it

Quick poll.

Everyone go to your equivalent of this page:
http://destinytracker.com/destiny/tracking/ps/Kor_of_Memory

You can even just change the URL if you want.

Look at the section "By Map"

What is the map and count of your most played on map, and least played on map.

For example:

I've played on Exodus Blue more than any other map at 218 times.
I've played on Crossroads fewer than any other map at 15 times.

Out of 362 games

Twilight gap and exodus blue tied at 33
The timekeeper only 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom