• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
wow I'm honestly surprised Rusted Lands spawn-win-percentages were even. The lake-spawn seemed SO much better

Namikaze1

My guess is everyone will have to be Gazer at one point throughout the challenge. Or a different gazer each time till good old G is down.

Deku Tree

The maps are balanced! Thanks Science!

Derek: We can measure if initial team spawns unduly affect outcomes by recording each game, and noting which team won. For last weekend’s Trials of Osiris on Rusted Lands, across all matches, the map balance looked like this:

50.128% Alpha Team
49.872% Bravo Team

That’s pretty close to dead-even. Thanks, Science!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I'm down for 6 orb strat to make a comeback. It's so weird playing with people and barely anyone knowing that strat because 1 orb is noob mode

I still prefer the daughters platform as a floater. The supposed benefits to being on the bottom seem to only be necessary if people are low level.

Afrocious

im wondering if challenge mode bosses will require the party leader to pick a certain selection in the director.

Or maybe challenge mode will ask players to kill the boss in a certain way but said boss can be slain their normal ways, just without fireteams getting the rewards challenge mode bosses give.

im wondering if challenge mode bosses will require the party leader to pick a certain selection in the director.

Or maybe challenge mode will ask players to kill the boss in a certain way but said boss can be slain their normal ways, just without fireteams getting the rewards challenge mode bosses give.

bingo

Lol, why even bother

TLDR we have nothing to say comeback next week

I still prefer the daughters platform as a floater. The supposed benefits to being on the bottom seem to only be necessary if people are low level.

Its the other way around, low level up on the Daughters platforms, the big boys go down below :d

E92 M3

Everything as expected about Golgo, but I'm very worried that Sage will be nerfing defenders somehow. People crying for hammer nerf might have gotten the whole class rebalanced lol.

chocking.jpg

Lnkn52

Just like the Templar chest.

Golgoroth CM will be fine with two Hunters sharing the gaze duties. Maybe you have to one-shot him without losing gaze.
Its the other way around, low level up on the Daughters platforms, the big boys go down below :d

Hardly. There's always a bubble for protection.

Daughters platform gives much better sight-lines.

Everything as expected about Golgo, but I'm very worried that Sage will be nerfing defenders somehow. People crying for hammer nerf might have gotten the whole class rebalanced lol.

i definitely read that as an entire kit balance, but it sounds like the other subclasses are going up. most likely extra melee range.

Deku Tree

Would be stupid if you could beat the boss the normal way, not get the challenge mode loot, and not have another opportunity to get the challenge mode loot anymore that week on that character. I hope it isn't like that...

I think it's going to be like Kill the Templar without allowing any teleports and get some more Ascendant Shards/Energies.

noomi

Wondering the same thing, do we just pick the current challenge for the week and load right into that boss, or do we go through the entire raid again up until when we get to the boss as usual...

It's the only thing I care about, Challenge Mode.

I'm afraid that will be the last update we are going to see, then the great drought of 2016 until Destiny 2 releases next...whenever.

If challenge mode is the last thing we get before September, numbers are going to drop hard. No more 2-4 week breaks, permanent breaks.

A refresh of tower gear woukd be nice with a 300 ll base would be a start.

And if an emblem is the only reward for challenges. Ugh.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I wonder what else you get for completing these challenges aside from the emblems and (possibly) the last 3 calcified fragments.

given that it's an "each boss provides a challenge", it's actually much clearer that'll be the fragments. 1 fragment for warpriest, 1 fragment for Golg, 1 fragment for Oryx makes sense.

Hopefully some good loot too though, like a guaranteed 315+ drop or so

Namikaze1

Wondering the same thing, do we just pick the current challenge for the week and load right into that boss, or do we go through the entire raid again up until when we get to the boss as usual...
If I'm reading it correctly, it's a different challenge each week. One week could be Golgoroth and the next Oryx.

Just beat that boss and that's it I guess.

E92 M3

i definitely read that as an entire kit balance, but it sounds like the other subclasses are going up. most likely extra melee range.

Hopefully. Defenders are essentially perfect and strikers need some adjusting. I wouldn't be surprised with Bungie, though. For all we know they might not like that people request defenders for raids lol.

Afrocious

i imagine the golgoroth challenge mode will ask folks stuff like everyone at least grab gaze once, use all six orbs before killing oryx, or complete x amount of gaze passes.

i don't think single gaze is going away on weeks when golgoroth isn't the challenge.

i don't know what to expect but i kinda wish we got remixed mechanics instead, or perhaps another difficulty that required players to complete encounters in the manner that challenge modes will probably ask us.

that said, i can see stuff like people doing totems where folks who have a brand must dump the deathsinger's gaze, and take the brand in the room across the way. for warpriest, we might be asked to use the monoliths in a certain order.

daughters will be interesting. off the top of my head, i can't think of any sort of challenge outside of being asked to kill each (or last) wizard with x amount of time to spare.

oryx challenge will no doubt ask that the same person doesn't grab the relic at all.

Namikaze1

i imagine the golgoroth challenge mode will ask folks stuff like everyone at least grab gaze once, use all six orbs before killing oryx, or complete x amount of gaze passes.

i don't think single gaze is going away on weeks when golgoroth isn't the challenge.

i don't know what to expect but i kinda wish we got remixed mechanics instead, or perhaps another difficulty that required players to complete encounters in the manner that challenge modes will probably ask us.

that said, i can see stuff like people doing totems where folks who have a brand must dump the deathsinger's gaze, and take the brand in the room across the way. for warpriest, we might be asked to use the monoliths in a certain order.

daughters will be interesting. off the top of my head, i can't think of any sort of challenge outside of being asked to kill each (or last) wizard with x amount of time to spare.

oryx challenge will no doubt ask that the same person doesn't grab the relic at all.
No challenge for Daughters. Just Oryx, Warpriest, and Golgoroth.

If I'm reading it correctly, it's a different challenge each week. One week could be Golgoroth and the next Oryx.

Just beat that boss and that's it I guess.

Beat that boss a specific way.

The quote "but apologies in advance to those that run the single-pool strat for Golgoroth" is a hint that for Golg's challenge.. you'll have to use at least 2 pools.

It seems that part of the challenge to the challenge mode will be figuring out what strat needs to be followed for the kill to qualify for it. Seems like it's similar to WoW's Boss kill achievements but iirc WoW's actually tell you what you need to do to get them.

Strider

Fuck King's Fall but I'm in for VoG challenges

And it's not that I hate King's Fall. It's fun but it's not fun enough to run over and over like VoG was...

I think that'd actually be fun. We kinda did it before with me and Breezy anyway.

Daughters is a weird one. Can't think of anything that would make that fight significantly more 'challenging'.

Trakan

Rolled both Perfect Balance and Counterbalance on this Suros Scout, with reinforced barrel to boot. Time to shoot laser beams.

It still only has 48 stability, it's not going to be too great.

---

So Bungie hinted that the challenge mode for Golgoroth is using the 6 pools instead of 1. I don't believe that they knew people were going to do the 1 pool strat, so them making challenge mode the 6 pool strat is completely reactionary. That's kind of lame. I wonder what it would have been otherwise.

Afrocious

No challenge for Daughters. Just Oryx, Warpriest, and Golgoroth.

you sure about that? both totems and daughters have HM changes as minor as they are.

also:

They work on both normal and hard mode, and offer rewards to match.

is this saying to get the best rewards, do HM KF challenge bosses? or that it doesn't matter which mode we pick? b/c if we can just do normal and get challenge rewards....

Deku Tree

Challenge Modes
IMO
:

Warpriest: Kill the WP in two cycles or less
Golgoroth: Kill the Ogre without failing to capture his gaze
Oryx: Kill Oryx in four cycles by detonating all bombs each round.

apologies in advance to those that run the single-pool strat for Golgoroth

I guess it was obvious but I called that awhile ago. I think it means you have to kill him without ever "failing to capture Golgoroth's gaze." So you'd have to do double gazer strat and kill him with 6 pools or less. Just changing the person who got each gaze wouldn't force double gaze strat.

Honestly it sounds really easy unless they bump up his light level (which is very possible). Or the skull modifier will act like a Nightfall Epic modifier. I hope they add new mechanics but considering how little was added from NM to HM, I'm not holding my breath.

Afrocious

how do you folks know daughters and totems won't get a challenge?

Challenge Modes
IMO
:

Warpriest: Kill the WP in two cycles or less
Golgoroth: Kill the Ogre without failing to capture his gaze
Oryx: Kill Oryx in four cycles by detonating all bombs each round.

aside from the golgoroth one, those are things ppl already do in kf hm

I guess it was obvious but I called that awhile ago. I think it means you have to kill him without ever "failing to capture Golgoroth's gaze." So you'd have to do double gazer strat and kill him with 6 pools or less. Just changing the person who got each gaze wouldn't force double gaze strat.

Honestly it sounds really easy unless they bump up his light level (which is very possible). Or the skull modifier will act like a Nightfall Epic modifier. I hope they add new mechanics but considering how little was added from NM to HM, I'm not holding my breath.

given the fact we can't willingly choose to set up a challenge mode for ourself, i don't think the mechanics are changing at all

darthbob

Next week, we’ll be chatting with Sage about Titan ups and downs in December. Sunbreakers are a hot topic, but they only represent one-third of the Titan conversation.

Please buff melee range, please for the love of the traveler buff melee range for Strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom