• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namikaze1

Bungie last step for First Curse is the DUMBEST thing ever. Sure have PVP component but do not make it so people have to use a crappy gun. God. Bungie this is poor design, saying "use this sucky gun for no reason to get this exotic" is not fun.
Get a friend.

Take them to classic rumble or regular rumble. Whichever one you want (best do it in classic IMO)

Get the 7 precision kills off of them.

Easiest way to do it. That's how I and several others did it.

Deku Tree

I also had a 320 Raid Sniper that I infused into making Eirene 320 and a 317 Raid MG.

I dont even feel like playing this game. RNG can be so cruel :(

I'm gonna be playing BB.

I still like running the raid for fun, it gets boring though when people scrub too much.

you one-cycle both bosses. by that, folks kill the boss they're dps'ing right then and there. thus, one cycle instead of two where folks take out the last sliver of health of whatever boss they left alive.

One cycle in the sense that you only pop each sisters shield once, that's what I mean. Way back when, when we were lower light level you would do 1st sister to 25ish%, kill 2nd sister, then finish off 1st sister in a 3rd pass.

One cycle is basically killing the first witch on the first relic run and then killing the second witch on the second relic run (first run for that witch).

Two cycles involves keeping the first witch alive with a sliver of health.

Ok, thats what i usually do. Misunderstandings

darthbob

They won't nerf Striker or Defender. Hopefully they don't buff Defender because that's already prime time crutch class in PvE.

Looks pretty fun.

I'm biased because I main a Titan but with all the non-love that Bungie has given Titans over the course of Destiny, I'm extremely wary of any changes that come to the class.

Sunbreaker's obviously need some tinkering in regards to Hammer of Sol specifically, but the only issue I've ever had with my beloved Striker is the melee range.

You'd think for a class based around punching things that they wouldn't have the worst melee in the game lol

One cycle is basically killing the first witch on the first relic run and then killing the second witch on the second relic run (first run for that witch).

Two cycles involves keeping the first witch alive with a sliver of health.
lol call it two cycles and three cycles then, since that's exactly what it is. Three was the norm when we were under-leveled, now two is the norm.

Trakan

I may quit the game altogether if they nerf Striker and/or Defender too much.

I hope they adjust stuff like Gunslinger too. Some of the perks are just terrible. Throwing knife kills extend Golden Gun duration? Picking up ammo reduces throwing knife cooldown? What were they thinking?

I also had a 320 Raid Sniper that I infused into making Eirene 320 and a 317 Raid MG.

I dont even feel like playing this game. RNG can be so cruel :(

I've got 14 normal mode completions and 9 hard mode completions and I've only gotten the sniper once. I used it for infusion fodder since I needed it at the time and I figured I'd get another one. Meanwhile I've gotten like 10+ shotguns.

lol call it two cycles and three cycles then, since that's exactly what it is. Three was the norm when we were under-leveled, now two is the norm.

A cycle implies that whatever you did at the very beginning, you're starting to do again. Because of the second sister, it's not quite a cycle, as you do things differently during the 2nd sister attack phase.

Look at Crota for example. You did the same thing twice in a row, but at the end of the 2nd you did something different with the ogres. Thus a full cycle with Crota was 2 swords and then Ogres. Then the cycle restarted.

I hope they adjust stuff like Gunslinger too. Some of the perks are just terrible. Throwing knife kills extend Golden Gun duration? Picking up ammo reduces throwing knife cooldown? What were they thinking?

Scavenger was amazing when the game launched because Special Ammo was in abundance. Each time you pick up ammo it reduces like 15-20% of the grenade and knife meter.

nowai

Scavenger used to be monster when we had more special ammo and guardian kills dropped primary.

Guys how many cycles to kill oryx? How many to kill warpriest? If we pick a different orb on golgoroth for each damage phase, is it all one cycle? Do you see what I'm saying? You run platforms, get the relic, do damage, then repeat. If you described it as a single cycle per sister, that would make sense to me. As far as I'm concerned, the encounter as a whole takes two cycles.

This isn't important at all though, since we're arguing semantics.

Edit
Yeah that throwing knife golden gun perk is just baffling. I'd really like to see all subclasses looked at to trim to fat and introduce some more useful options.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Guys how many cycles to kill oryx? How many to kill warpriest? If we pick a different orb on golgoroth for each damage phase, is it all one cycle? Do you see what I'm saying? You run platforms, get the relic, do damage, then repeat. If you described it as a single cycle per sister, that would make sense to me. As far as I'm concerned, the encounter as a whole takes two cycles.

This isn't important at all though, since we're arguing semantics.

it's a different sister so it's part of the same cycle. A cycle is a repetition of an ENTIRE process.

e.g. killing ogres, vessel, stagger, explode orbs = 1 cycle

Trakan

Scavenger was amazing when the game launched because Special Ammo was in abundance. Each time you pick up ammo it reduces like 15-20% of the grenade and knife meter.

I was talking more on the PVE side of things, but even in PVP, that was like a year ago. It's been in need of change for some time.

it's a different sister so it's part of the same cycle. A cycle is a repetition of an ENTIRE process.

e.g. killing ogres, vessel, stagger, explode orbs = 1 cycle
That's why I brought up warpriest (different glyphs) and oryx (wrath of the king/darkness dimension) :p

Semantics. The daughters fight is done in two damage cycles, one each.

X-Frame

I'm biased because I main a Titan but with all the non-love that Bungie has given Titans over the course of Destiny, I'm extremely wary of any changes that come to the class.

Sunbreaker's obviously need some tinkering in regards to Hammer of Sol specifically, but the only issue I've ever had with my beloved Striker is the melee range.

You'd think for a class based around punching things that they wouldn't have the worst melee in the game lol

Bungie can buff Titan base melee attack speed and/or damage and it still won't make much of a difference at the competitive level.

The range disparity between Titans and Warlocks/Hunters is 90% of the issue and has to be addressed somehow.

I'd also appreciate buffs/tweaks to Storm Fist and its skill tree upgrades as well. Like you said, the subclass designed to punch things is likely the worst subclass to punch things.

What if Transfusion supercharged movement/Lift speed for X seconds after it proc'd? Or produced other temporary benefits like damage reduction? Or if the amount of enemies in proximity sped up melee recharging for some PvE love. Kills with Shoulder Charge increase the damage of Storm Fist for X seconds. Things to encourage close quarters combat basically.

Where are people seeing the class buffs? Didn't mention it in the BWU unless I'm blind..

The only one I know of is Sunbreaker, as Deej mentioned a couple of weeks ago that they're aware it is more powerful than intended (except in Deej words).

I have no idea what people are talking about other classes for.

The only one I know of is Sunbreaker, as Deej mentioned a couple of weeks ago that they're aware it is more powerful than intended (except in Deej words).

Didn't he mention something about Titan ups and downs, which kind of implies that something is getting buffed. Could just be Deej-speak though.

X-Frame

Where are people seeing the class buffs? Didn't mention it in the BWU unless I'm blind..

Literally the last paragraph of today's BWU:

"Thanks again for playing Destiny, Guardians. Next week, we’ll be chatting with Sage about Titan ups and downs in December. Sunbreakers are a hot topic, but they only represent one-third of the Titan conversation."

I still prefer the daughters platform as a floater. The supposed benefits to being on the bottom seem to only be necessary if people are low level.

The benefits are objective, not supposed. And they're far from necessary for any group. No Knights is for low light, there's no light difference for center vs daughters platform. Two clarifications from earlier posts:

-you don't need daughters platform for line of sight on Knights. They path through the middle to opposite blight, the center gives clear LoS on all 4. Besides, people on sync plates can easily kill first 3 Knights since the Ogres die so quickly.
-Bastion bubble lasts 45 seconds which is perfect timing from Oryx slam until Aura arrives. Bubble will disappear then you clear adds w Aura. You want the bubble for safety until then.

People should use whatever method they prefer, but differentiate "I like this better" vs "this is better."

Deku Tree

"Thanks again for playing Destiny, Guardians. Next week, we’ll be chatting with Sage about Titan ups and downs in December. Sunbreakers are a hot topic, but they only represent one-third of the Titan conversation."

in b4 all three Titan subclasses get nerfed!

The wording at the end of today's weekly update implied changes to Titans as a whole, and not just the sunbreaker class.

Edit: guys stop being so fast.

Realistically they're literally just going to talk about the classes. Knowing how deej writes, they're just going to give an overview of the class.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
oh for challenge mode, how about

"Only Raid Gear allowed"?

that'd be pretty cool too. Including weapons of course!

They gonna do something to the Blessing of Light + Touch of Malice combo aren't they

LIE TO ME, DGAF!

"Through data we found out Guardians were doing Oryx incorrectly. We never intended two people to take down Ogres by themselves. So we're changing Touch of Malice so it cannot interact with Blessing of Shield, draining your life normally. We are also nerfing Defenders so they lose 25% of all damage done, they are a defensive class but our statistics show that people prefer to do less damage as a defensive class. Now fellow guardians conquer Oryx! Deej out!"

Ken

Susanoo? Each class has a unique legendary and unique Exotic from the gunsmith.

No it was just a bunch of letters and numbers. And then I went to look for it but it was in my Missions inventory rather than gear.

I took it to the synthgunsmith and he said stuff about Rasputin and then +200 rep?

Frenden

Banned

The pickup ammo to reduce melee and grenade perk is one of the best for Gunslingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom