• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
emYmlHy.png

Rolled both Perfect Balance and Counterbalance on this Suros Scout, with reinforced barrel to boot. Time to shoot laser beams.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
With the new patch coming Tlaloc is going to be the new meta.

Iron Banner going forward will be able to get you to 300+ as well, but atm KF and Trials are the best ways to get 300+.

And Iron Banner and Trials.

You can get blue 300 light items, but they're hen's teeth. Rare as fuck. I got a character to 300 with no raids and then used exotics to level it up. But raiding would be a much faster route (I just didn't like the look of the new raid).

And Iron Banner and Trials.

Iron Banner and Trials drops!? This is awesome news.

phen0m24

Center is objectively better.

1.) Direct line of sight for all 4 Ogre crit spots. Double bubble in the middle (Weapons and Blessing) plus 2 ToMs means the Ogres die before taking a single step. Call out when first ogre dies, move to second one. Not sure what nonsense geometry you're referencing, reposition until you have a clear shot.

2.) If the relic is above an entrance-side sync plate, the Blessing bubble is readily accessible to your runner regardless of which side it's on. Grab the relic, drop down, run through the middle to get the over shield for extra insurance before dunking the Vessel. Up top you'd have to coordinate which side it was on each time which is possible but worse.

3.) Crucially, center bubbles give the team an equidistant safe spot. Once you have the relic, everyone congregates in the middle to stay safe until the aura gets there. All 4 Ogres and the first 3 Knights should be dead. The 4th Knight will be pathing across the middle towards the opposite blight, which makes the center perfectly positioned to finish him off. There's no excuse for people dying at this point before the aura gets there. Be patient until you have that immortality then finish off the Vessel and 4th Knight as needed.

4.) Everyone is already properly positioned for the Doxology stagger, add clearing, and equidistant travel to detonate all 4 blights. Up top, people have to reposition too much whereas center will put everyone where they need to be once the aura arrives.

TL;DR: Center is better.

So this lends more weight to the 1 2 3 strategy of "naming the platforms" that way the 4 and floater can always be Titans. And with a blessing AND a weapons yeah, that makes more sense.

Wherefore art thou Drizzayyy? Dude have you tried the Herja roll from last week? I might level that up and go for it with headseeker - vertical recoil.. Ooohh nice

Aren't we supposed to be getting Crucible updates today? Hopefully they address the lag (which they promised 5 weeks ago) as its just getting stupid now, also I'd like some explanation of where they want to go with it

For the rest a picture of Deej's thanksgiving Turkey (or Cozmo), a climbdown on the refer a friend stuff, with a promise of greater rewards for (reddit) Sherpa's. And a date for Challenge mode

Edit seen Deej's tweet, fuck off Bungie

update today.

inb4disxurpointment

I sincerely hope Bungie announces something significant soon. King's Fall Challenge Modes and more exotics won't be enough to keep everyone playing for much longer. I really hope we get word of entirely new content on the way, soon. Updates to Vault, Crota, Prison and more old strikes would be cool, but new content is needed.

phen0m24

Did I ever tell you guys - I was on either Facebook or a board and read someone say

I really DGAF

And at first I was like "What!?" and then I was like "Ohhhhh."

deadduck

I am sorry to break the news to you, but we recently signed Drizzay to Xbox. Wanted to make a special announcement, but what the heck, it's Thanksgiving tomorrow.

April fools right?

Does that mean with Drizzay you'll have enough people to do a raid? :p

Did I ever tell you guys - I was on either Facebook or a board and read someone say

I really DGAF

And at first I was like "What!?" and then I was like "Ohhhhh."

That makes sense now! The other day I had a person on my team called Mr_DGAF, and my first thought was that it was someone from GAF, but now it seems to make a bit more sense. I don't know why I didn't think about it.

ethomaz

Banned
Why all the talk about Tlaloc today?

It was an amazing weapon since release of TTK... it was my choice for Trials with Super Master Class Warlocks Sunsingers.

Namikaze1

I came across a taco_dgaf multiple times over the past year.

Though not as much as the Winter Soldier. First time I came across him was while patrolling the moon back in November 2014.

noomi

They promises us to have the raid designer on board for an interview.

This is what I expect from the Update: "Challenge mode is coming... sometime soon... and it's going to be sogood.gif"

Please tell us something about anything comming up. This drought is worse than pre HoW. Becuase we at least knew HoW was comming.

It's the only thing I care about, Challenge Mode.

I'm afraid that will be the last update we are going to see, then the great drought of 2016 until Destiny 2 releases next...whenever.

I sincerely hope Bungie announces something significant soon. King's Fall Challenge Modes and more exotics won't be enough to keep everyone playing for much longer. I really hope we get word of entirely new content on the way, soon. Updates to Vault, Crota, Prison and more old strikes would be cool, but new content is needed.
Depends what you mean "new content"

Deku Tree

It's the only thing I care about, Challenge Mode.

I'm afraid that will be the last update we are going to see, then the great drought of 2016 until Destiny 2 releases next...whenever.

There will be new events, and new exotic quests, and possibly some new story missions in 2016 according to the leaks. But probably nothing like a new raid until September 2016.

noomi

Please welcome Lead Raid Designer Gavin Irby back to the Weekly Update. The last time he stopped by, it was to talk about Hard Mode. This time, he’s here to issue to you a new challenge.

Gavin: Hello again, my fellow Raiders! I wanted to give you a heads-up on an upcoming feature for the King’s Fall Raid: Challenge Modes!

Early in December, one of the King’s Fall bosses will offer their challenge each week. You’ll see which boss when you select the Raid in the Director. It will display next to a skull, just like one of our Nightfall modifiers. They work on both normal and hard mode, and offer rewards to match.

Each boss’s challenge requires that you defeat them in a very specific manner. How, exactly? We’re going to leave that up to you to discover (but apologies in advance to those that run the single-pool strat for Golgoroth).

Good luck, Guardians!

:eek:

Funny, our team actually did the 2 orb gaze with multiple pools last night without any issue at all. Bring it on Bungie, Holy Divers are ready.

Deku Tree

Rotating weekly Challenge Mode:

Gavin: Hello again, my fellow Raiders! I wanted to give you a heads-up on an upcoming feature for the King’s Fall Raid: Challenge Modes!

Early in December, one of the King’s Fall bosses will offer their challenge each week. You’ll see which boss when you select the Raid in the Director. It will display next to a skull, just like one of our Nightfall modifiers. They work on both normal and hard mode, and offer rewards to match.

Each boss’s challenge requires that you defeat them in a very specific manner. How, exactly? We’re going to leave that up to you to discover (but apologies in advance to those that run the single-pool strat for Golgoroth).

"Thanks again for playing Destiny, Guardians. Next week, we’ll be chatting with Sage about Titan ups and downs in December. Sunbreakers are a hot topic, but they only represent one-third of the Titan conversation."

tumblr_inline_nicfinhA8e1sc2hgb.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom