• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So for four weeks (Warpriest, Golgy, Daughters, Oryx) there will be a bit of intrigue about what the special challenge is...and then normal service is resumed?

What are the speculations for the other bosses? Daughters in two downs (everyone does that already)...

What about Oryx - the mechanics seem very tight already so special ways to do it seem a bit harder to think up? You could have a "no ToM" challenge or "use a specific weapon" challenge but that locks out anyone who doesn't have that weapon.

It would be ironic if the "no knight" strat was actually what they thought up for challenge mode!

Stack all 16 orbs could be another one.

Namikaze1

Warpriest Challenge

I guess you need to get rid of the right stone tablet each run . Probably some visual cue to give you a hint as to which one to hide behind. I don't know. Just taking a freaking guess here dammit!

Golgoroth Challenge

Well, we know that you have to do more than one pool now during the challenge week. There's definitely more to it. Probably have to do a certain amount of pools or something.

Oryx Challenge

Different relic runner each phase is my first guess.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Challenge Modes
IMO
:

Warpriest: Kill the WP in two cycles or less
Golgoroth: Kill the Ogre without failing to capture his gaze
Oryx: Kill Oryx in four cycles by detonating all bombs each round.

Warpriest: Glyph Sequence not displayed, you have a timer until you find the right combination
Golg: 1 player per bubble only. Maybe his gaze is captured for a shorter time? All rounds are now taken enemies?
Oryx: Ogres with 2x health. Oryx now charges 2x as often inside the bubble.

Its going to be interesting what they do for challenge mode considering we can output a shitload of DPS now, they'll probably bump them all to 330 to negate it

Lnkn52

I guess it was obvious but I called that awhile ago. I think it means you have to kill him without ever "failing to capture Golgoroth's gaze." So you'd have to do double gazer strat and kill him with 6 pools or less. Just changing the person who got each gaze wouldn't force double gaze strat.

Honestly it sounds really easy unless they bump up his light level (which is very possible). Or the skull modifier will act like a Nightfall Epic modifier. I hope they add new mechanics but considering how little was added from NM to HM, I'm not holding my breath.

It's Skolas Solar Burn all over again.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
you sure about that? both totems and daughters have HM changes as minor as they are.

also:

is this saying to get the best rewards, do HM KF challenge bosses? or that it doesn't matter which mode we pick? b/c if we can just do normal and get challenge rewards....
when challenge modifiers leaked it was only for the three main bosses.

Hah talking about spawn balance and not mentioning how bad Firebase Delphi was. Don't really care about challenge mode until they tell us what the rewards will be. King's Fall Bosses are not fun, so there isn't much motivation to replay them more for crappy rewards. IB light and k/d comparison is obvious, the more you play the higher your light and the better you'll be.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
You know what'd be a funny challenge? Something like "all supers disabled"

Oryx without tethers and titan bubbles :lol

I think that'd actually be fun. We kinda did it before with me and Breezy anyway.

Daughters is a weird one. Can't think of anything that would make that fight significantly more 'challenging'.

Ah yeah, that was a load of fun actually. Nice change of pace during the fight, alternating.

Random thought - checkpoints will be a bit of a pain.

The BWU says that you select the raid as normal and you just get told which boss has challenge mode enabled....

SO if you kill the boss but don't complete the challenge (because you don't know what it is) you've lost your checkpoint and can't come back and retry it...

Obviously there are alt's and LFG to pick up checkpoints but something to bear in mind as teams go through it.

Strider

You know what'd be a funny challenge? Something like "all supers disabled"

Oryx without tethers and titan bubbles :lol

Isn't that basically just adding the "Oryx drains your light" from the campaign fight? I can't remember if that completely disabled supers or if there was a way to cleanse that.

Tbh I expected the Oryx fight in the raid to have that from the get go.

Challenge mode ideas:

Warpriest - Kill the Warpriest with a melee or melee weapon. (Imagine all 6 people with swords swinging away.)

Golgoroth - Hit Golgy with multiple Cursed Thrall explosions

Oryx - Detonate more than 4 orbs in 1 cycle.

I fully expect this to work like Tier 3 of Court of Oryx. Each week will cycle the next boss's challenge mode in order.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
i'm actually kinda upset we don't have a new difficulty challenge

source pls. news to me
I mean there's various articles on the web (can't really search I'm at work ={) but it was even talked about here. I believe the week before the taken king when bungie database was updated kings fall showed those modifiers in the description. I can't remember, that was almost 3 months ago.

The modifiers were

War priest challenge
Golgoroth challenge
Oryx challenge

believe they were in different colors too.

Challenge mode ideas:

Warpriest - Kill the Warpriest with a melee or melee weapon. (Imagine all 6 people with swords swinging away.)

Golgoroth - Hit Golgy with multiple Cursed Thrall explosions

Oryx - Detonate more than 4 orbs in 1 cycle.

I fully expect this to work like Tier 3 of Court of Oryx. Each week will cycle the next boss's challenge mode in order.

Datto already did the warpriest one.

Namikaze1

i'm actually kinda upset we don't have a new difficulty challenge

source pls. news to me
Just check the emblem kiosk. There are 3 emblems (5 altogether) tied to King's Fall that hasn't been obtain by anyone yet.

One has oryx in the emblem

One has a spider design to it (Golgoroth)

Last one is called Worm Gods' Servant. Warpriest is Oryx's servant (I'm reaching here. :p )

Kyoufu

Warpriest: Must defeat boss once all 3 glyphs have been destroyed.

Golgoroth: Must deal damage from at least 2 pools per phase in order for damage to count.

Oryx: I have no fucking clue. Fuck Oryx. Crap fight anyway. :p

Bungie last step for First Curse is the DUMBEST thing ever. Sure have PVP component but do not make it so people have to use a crappy gun. God. Bungie this is poor design, saying "use this sucky gun for no reason to get this exotic" is not fun.

EL CUCO

That's what it sounded like in the BWU. You have to beat WP, G, O each in a very specific way that you have to discover for yourself. You can do it on either Normal or Hard.
Guess I wont need to chase KF loot anymore. I got both my 320 PvE/PvP primaries already.

GG bungie

Bungie last step for First Curse is the DUMBEST thing ever. Sure have PVP component but do not make it so people have to use a crappy gun. God. Bungie this is poor design, saying "use this sucky gun for no reason to get this exotic" is not fun.

The quest gun is getting buffed in the December patch - as well as hand cannons generally - so you might want to wait.

Strider

I tried it for a couple games and instantly declared it the hardest PvP quest I've ever seen lol

I got placed into games on Widows Court and couldnt even approach enemies and if I did I was basically firing blanks anyway.

I'll do it when the December update hits but for now I don't feel like trying to bother with it.

Just check the emblem kiosk. There are 3 emblems (5 altogether) tied to King's Fall that hasn't been obtain by anyone yet.

One has oryx in the emblem

One has a spider design to it (Golgoroth)

Last one is called Worm Gods' Servant. Warpriest is Oryx's servant (I'm reaching here. :p )

You're not wrong.

You can't add 'challenge' to the sisters without forcefully assigning people to platforms or making it a one-cycle fight(Which alot of people already do.)

Bad news is they don't think the gun is sucky...

You can tell because that gun is the First Curse, just without the weird exotic perk.

So if you don't like how that gun feels, I've got some very very bad news.

Warpriest: Must defeat boss once all 3 glyphs have been destroyed.

Golgoroth: Must deal damage from at least 2 pools per phase in order for damage to count.

Oryx: I have no fucking clue. Fuck Oryx. Crap fight anyway. :p

But thats how we all did the priest in the first few weeks 4 phases

Afrocious

How do you make it a one cycle fight? Dont you at least need the relic twice to steal the shields?

you one-cycle both bosses. by that, folks kill the boss they're dps'ing right then and there. thus, one cycle instead of two where folks take out the last sliver of health of whatever boss they left alive.

How do you make it a one cycle fight? Dont you at least need the relic twice to steal the shields?

One cycle in the sense that you only pop each sisters shield once, that's what I mean. Way back when, when we were lower light level you would do 1st sister to 25ish%, kill 2nd sister, then finish off 1st sister in a 3rd pass.

Namikaze1

One cycle is basically killing the first witch on the first relic run and then killing the second witch on the second relic run (first run for that witch).

Two cycles involves keeping the first witch alive with a sliver of health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom