• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

I get the worst rolls I swear

My 1000-yard stare: Outlaw (kind of alright I guess) and... Grenadier -.-

My Hawksaw: Icarus -pukes- seriously, Icarus? That perk is literally only useful once a month when nightfall has airborne, and even then not really.

Icarus is second only to Exhumed. A perk for which you literally have to die for it to proc. Couple of weeks ago when Valus was the nightfall I got two treads upon stars. BOTH had fucking Exhumed.

darthbob

It's Solar.

You have to refer DeeJ's boss.

I now realize that this is an item in Bloodborne lol

uQoHgUV.png

Looking to spend 150 marks on a pulse rifle to use for Trials for the next couple weeks. I have no Y2 exotics either so I was thinking one of these three.

1- Crucible Hawksaw
2- Y2 Red Death
3- Y2 Bad Juju

Not sure how Y2 exotics hold up, but I do see a lot of Hawksaw running around. Just not sure if it is vendor version or not.

Recommendations?

LTWood12

Looking to spend 150 marks on a pulse rifle to use for Trials for the next couple weeks. I have no Y2 exotics either so I was thinking one of these three.

1- Crucible Hawksaw
2- Y2 Red Death
3- Y2 Bad Juju

Not sure how Y2 exotics hold up, but I do see a lot of Hawksaw running around. Just not sure if it is vendor version or not.

Recommendations?

They're all great. I'd probably go w/ Red Death if I could only pick one, but the vendor Hawksaw w/ smallbore is pretty good too. A lot of people swear by Bad Juju but I hate how it looks.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Icarus is second only to Exhumed. A perk for which you literally have to die for it to proc. Couple of weeks ago when Valus was the nightfall I got two treads upon stars. BOTH had fucking Exhumed.

Guess what my Treads Upon Stars has

Yep, Grenadier. WHY DO I KEEP ROLLING GRENADIER.

My favourite scout, not like the others, also rolled exhumed :( i still use the gun though, it feels too good to put away.

I wish exhumed lasted longer, by the time I'm rezzed and meet an enemy it's always gone -.- make it last like a minute, then we're talking!

1- Crucible Hawksaw
2- Y2 Red Death
3- Y2 Bad Juju

Recommendations?

Everyone hyped up hawksaw. I bought it. The vendor version is ok, but it doesnt have max stability :(

I know everyone else on my team had to have been salty as fuck when they saw the reward screen w/ me at the bottom of the board w/ this. As far as a random drop, this might be the most perfectly rolled thing I've ever gotten.
I'M salty as fuck. I've been doing the weekly PVP nightfall x 3 every week just for that (and a Party Crasher and the Kingspyre shader.) Instead all I get is piles of strange coins and NLX Shadows with Icarus (seriously, two now.)

First raid and nightfalls in 3 weeks; Nightfall 1 10 3oC and the dark blade fusion, NF2 292 Helmet didn't bother with a 3rd

Raid nothing over 312, unless challenge mode offers guaranteed 320 stuff I don't think ill bother much more. Its good fun when you get with a good group but theres no point in doing it more than once if at all

Also shout out to Router, Soul, Langoit, Optimus and his friend, for all the flack GAF pugs have got lately we was only at Oryx for 45mins and 5 manned him (thanks Langoit :p) also first timed, warpriest, Golgo and wiped once at Totems

Since I didn't play much tonight, decided to finally work on getting to gunsmith rank 3 on my warlock. Had one gun left that would get me there (crappy Hakke pulse rifle). Played one control match on vita, came in last of course, but managed to get all the kills needed. Glad I stuck around for the rewards:
IAIzFNr.jpg

Soft Launch->Tripod->Javelin->Grenades & Horseshoes

Kreygasm

Thats a great roll!

I got a Tormods bellow from IB with some amazing perks.
Confined launch-Tripod-Javelin-Grenades and horseshoes

Really enjoying this one !

Langy

First raid and nightfalls in 3 weeks; Nightfall 1 10 3oC and the dark blade fusion, NF2 292 Helmet didn't bother with a 3rd

Raid nothing over 312, unless challenge mode offers guaranteed 320 stuff I don't think ill bother much more. Its good fun when you get with a good group but theres no point in doing it more than once if at all

Also shout out to Router, Soul, Langoit, Optimus and his friend, for all the flack GAF pugs have got lately we was only at Oryx for 45mins and 5 manned him (thanks Langoit :p) also first timed, warpriest, Golgo and wiped once at Totems

My nightfalls recently have been garbage, yielding 5 ghost shells below 300 and some gloves at 297 from my last 6 attempts. Don't even know why i bother with them!

And my god i was having a bad time at oryx with my hunter, was just getting wrecked by ads instantly :/

BlondeTuna

As someone who only played vanilla Destiny, I'm picking this up again and enjoying the new content. I never touched the Crota's End raid because I didn't have the add-ons; I would like to play through it to experience it at least once, but is their any reason for veteran players to come back to the VoG or Crota's End? Does any relevant / competitive gear still drop?

Looking for some insight from Destiny GAF.

Speaking of 3 of Coins....

does this even work? I bought 20 from Xur last week. I am down to 3 and have never gotten an Exotic drop after killing an Ultra. I can see the buff on the character screen, kill an ultra at the end of a strike, and see the buff has been consumed.

And yet, it has never yielded an exotic drop for me. I feel like it is a complete waste since it has done nothing for me.

Finally startung back up again after a 4 week break. Had a surprising fun ib last week. Got my titan to 310.

Wanted that good old fasioned destiny experience so i deleted my warlock to make a new one and played from level 1. Now at 28.

I forgot how long it takes to level subclasses.

But it was good fun, playing with low level stuff and changing my look via constantly upgraded gear. Still chasing numbers, but the numbers actually meant something. Meaningful progression. It was really refreshing and just fun. The thing that end game is lacking right now.

I recommend anyone who still is playing despite burn out, give it a go, grab a friend and play from the beginning. The vanilla content is so much better now.

On the Kill all Knight Strat, do the Floaters have to be in the center or can they be on the platforms?

I felt on the platforms I had better angle of all the Ogres. Too much nonsense geometry below for me.

Center is objectively better.

1.) Direct line of sight for all 4 Ogre crit spots. Double bubble in the middle (Weapons and Blessing) plus 2 ToMs means the Ogres die before taking a single step. Call out when first ogre dies, move to second one. Not sure what nonsense geometry you're referencing, reposition until you have a clear shot.

2.) If the relic is above an entrance-side sync plate, the Blessing bubble is readily accessible to your runner regardless of which side it's on. Grab the relic, drop down, run through the middle to get the over shield for extra insurance before dunking the Vessel. Up top you'd have to coordinate which side it was on each time which is possible but worse.

3.) Crucially, center bubbles give the team an equidistant safe spot. Once you have the relic, everyone congregates in the middle to stay safe until the aura gets there. All 4 Ogres and the first 3 Knights should be dead. The 4th Knight will be pathing across the middle towards the opposite blight, which makes the center perfectly positioned to finish him off. There's no excuse for people dying at this point before the aura gets there. Be patient until you have that immortality then finish off the Vessel and 4th Knight as needed.

4.) Everyone is already properly positioned for the Doxology stagger, add clearing, and equidistant travel to detonate all 4 blights. Up top, people have to reposition too much whereas center will put everyone where they need to be once the aura arrives.

TL;DR: Center is better.

My nightfalls recently have been garbage, yielding 5 ghost shells below 300 and some gloves at 297 from my last 6 attempts. Don't even know why i bother with them!

And my god i was having a bad time at oryx with my hunter, was just getting wrecked by ads instantly :/

Hunters definitely get a bum deal when it comes to damage, I run max armour and have a void armour chest piece, that and smoke bombs help

As someone who only played vanilla Destiny, I'm picking this up again and enjoying the new content. I never touched the Crota's End raid because I didn't have the add-ons; I would like to play through it to experience it at least once, but is their any reason for veteran players to come back to the VoG or Crota's End? Does any relevant / competitive gear still drop?

Hello, have a look here https://www.bungie.net/en/ReferAFriend?code=RAF-NYX-CGN-DKL :0) I can also help you with Crota and VoG

Edit what Drizzay said, its not even close to how much better kill Knights is

E92 M3

Same here, my warlock is 317 while titan hit 316 this week. Hunter still stock stuck at 314.

Warlock got all the loot from ib and nightfall as well..

You guys and your amazing RNG drops. I'm content at 315. As long as challenge mode doesn't raise the bar again, I'll be very happy.

XenoRaven

I know there's a quest to get a weapon that has people headed back to VoG (there's actually a post about it on this page!), but I'm not sure about Crota. I'm sure people would be willing to help you run Crota's End though.

Smiley90

Speaking of 3 of Coins....

does this even work? I bought 20 from Xur last week. I am down to 3 and have never gotten an Exotic drop after killing an Ultra. I can see the buff on the character screen, kill an ultra at the end of a strike, and see the buff has been consumed.

And yet, it has never yielded an exotic drop for me. I feel like it is a complete waste since it has done nothing for me.

There's a cooldown to it, so using it on EVERY ultra is a waste. Try using it on like every third Ultra in a row if you're continuously playing to avoid wasting it! :)

BlondeTuna

I know there's a quest to get a weapon that has people headed back to VoG (there's actually a post about it on this page!), but I'm not sure about Crota. I'm sure people would be willing to help you run Crota's End though.

I briefly looked through the Destiny forums and everything was Kings Fall Normal / Hard. I suppose that's telling of whether or not people are still completing the old raids.

Only reason to do VoG or CE is for fun. All of the gear is hopelessly outdated to Year 1 levels (170 max Light compared to current max of 320).

Technically you can use the armor and weapons in normal crucible where level advantages are disabled but nothing is so great for PvP that it'd be reason enough to farm old raids. That said, the old raids can be a lot of fun to steamroll now that everyone is way over leveled. VoG especially holds a special place in many people's hearts. You should definitely experience them at least once.

Deku Tree

1.) Direct line of sight for all 4 Ogre crit spots. Double bubble in the middle (Weapons and Blessing) plus 2 ToMs means the Ogres die before taking a single step. Call out when first ogre dies, move to second one. Not sure what nonsense geometry you're referencing, reposition until you have a clear shot.

2.) If the relic is above an entrance-side sync plate, the Blessing bubble is readily accessible to your runner regardless of which side it's on. Grab the relic, drop down, run through the middle to get the over shield for extra insurance before dunking the Vessel. Up top you'd have to coordinate which side it was on each time which is possible but worse.

3.) Crucially, center bubbles give the team an equidistant safe spot. Once you have the relic, everyone congregates in the middle to stay safe until the aura gets there. All 4 Ogres and the first 3 Knights should be dead. The 4th Knight will be pathing across the middle towards the opposite blight, which makes the center perfectly positioned to finish him off. There's no excuse for people dying at this point before the aura gets there. Be patient until you have that immortality then finish off the Vessel and 4th Knight as needed.

4.) Everyone is already properly positioned for the Doxology stagger, add clearing, and equidistant travel to detonate all 4 blights. Up top, people have to reposition too much whereas center will put everyone where they need to be once the aura arrives.

Totally agree. The center is the superior spot, and "kill the knights" is the superior Oryx strategy.

No knights was a good strategy for the first week, and for under leveled groups. But at this point if 310+ groups are insisting on doing no knights then I expect a lot of scrub.

E92 M3

My rng drops have been pretty bad since hard raid came out. Got my first 320 primary yesterday.

I never got 320 anything lol. Also, can't be that bad to have a 317 warlock and 316 Titan ;)

Overall, I am tired of this double RNG and think that having concrete drops is much better.

Ive got the pg279q. It's amazing!!!

I haven't done any calibration on it yet and have been using it stock. All I've tried so far is Heroes of the Storm which I've never played until last night so I'll be trying out more stuff with it soon. I hear Fallout 4 doesn't work well with it, though.

Thanks Lnkn! Some cool stuff

Thanks man, I'll try catch you tomorrow then :)

No problem. Send me a FR and we can get this done later today!

:D

Now that that's finally done, I can dive into Bloodborne. I should have prepared to get into the DLC area ahead of time in NG+ but oh well.

Bloodborne Question:

I missed Eileen the Crow questline the first playthrough. No matter where she dies in her questline, she'll drop the badge for her weapon, right? I want to try to get the extra stuff she drops but more importantly, the weapon for the trophy. Debating if I should just kill her now before the first boss or not.

Smiley90

Only reason to do VoG or CE is for fun. All of the gear is hopelessly outdated to Year 1 levels (170 max Light compared to current max of 320).

Technically you can use the armor and weapons in normal crucible where level advantages are disabled but nothing is so great for PvP that it'd be reason enough to farm old raids. That said, the old raids can be a lot of fun to steamroll now that everyone is way over leveled. VoG especially holds a special place in many people's hearts. You should definitely experience them at least once.

There IS a reason to come back to VoG actually, and that's the "No Time To Explain" exotic weapon quest!

For the others... not really. Same for Prison of Elders, sadly. I'm in the same boat as you though so I'll run Crota's End with you if you want, I've never run it either :D

Deku Tree

My Warlocks harrowed HM KF armor loot.

Harrowed Gloves 314
Harrowed Boots 310
Harrowed Boots 311
Harrowed Boots 312
Harrowed Boots 311

That is all... only other higher light armor that I have on my warlock is due to infusion with other characters loot... lol I'm done.

BlondeTuna

Thanks for the insight. I'm really only in it for fun. It's understandable that routine players are in it for the loot and not interested in the older content.

BlondeTuna

There IS a reason to come back to VoG actually, and that's the "No Time To Explain" exotic weapon quest!

For the others... not really. Same for Prison of Elders, sadly. I'm in the same boat as you though so I'll run Crota's End with you if you want, I've never run it either :D

I'd definitely run it with you. We still need more players though.

Probably should have told you : I'm on PSN.

I never got 320 anything lol. Also, can't be that bad to have a 317 warlock and 316 Titan ;)

Overall, I am tired of this double RNG and think that having concrete drops is much better.

Don't listen to DJ. His drops are quite good. I still have no 320 primaries even with weekly sun tans for each character.

I was encouraged the other day when watching a little of Slayerage's stream. His team was doing HM KF and he was ranting about how the loot table was one of the worst things Destiny has ever done. It was the first time people were straight up quitting because it wasn't worth the time, etc. He sounded exactly like what we talk about here, good to know we aren't the only ones.

E92 M3

Don't listen to DJ. His drops are quite good. I still have no 320 primaries even with weekly sun tans for each character.

I was encouraged the other day when watching a little of Slayerage's stream. His team was doing HM KF and he was ranting about how the loot table was one of the worst things Destiny has ever done. It was the first time people were straight up quitting because it wasn't worth the time, etc. He sounded exactly like what we talk about here, good to know we aren't the only ones.

Loot table sucking has fortunately propagated throughout the various communities. Even Homeboyd quit and he was a bigger TTK hype man than me lol.

My Warlocks harrowed HM KF armor loot.

Harrowed Gloves 314
Harrowed Boots 310
Harrowed Boots 311
Harrowed Boots 312
Harrowed Boots 311

That is all... only other higher light armor that I have on my warlock is due to infusion with other characters loot... lol I'm done.

Those boots are made for walking... away from Destiny.

Not really, but VoG is the best raid and should be experienced by everyone.

No sun tan here. Just lag. :p

But yeah, loot drops have been stingy. Still don't have a single piece of 320 armor across 3 chars.

Frenden

Banned
My Warlock was my last to rank up Gunsmith. He's had a Tlaloc sitting unleveled for a week or two in the vault. I just moted it.

Why aren't more people talking about how awesomely broken this gun is when your super is up? I heart it.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Is the only way to get to 300 light level and beyond to do Nightfalls and Raids?

darthbob

My Warlock was my last to rank up Gunsmith. He's had a Tlaloc sitting unleveled for a week or two in the vault. I just moted it.

Why aren't more people talking about how awesomely broken this gun is when your super is up? I heart it.

With the new patch coming Tlaloc is going to be the new meta.

Is the only way to get to 300 light level and beyond to do Nightfalls and Raids?

Iron Banner going forward will be able to get you to 300+ as well, but atm KF and Trials are the best ways to get 300+.

Frenden

Banned

And Iron Banner and Trials.

You can get blue 300 light items, but they're hen's teeth. Rare as fuck. I got a character to 300 with no raids and then used exotics to level it up. But raiding would be a much faster route (I just didn't like the look of the new raid).

Axoman

I tell you Drizzay, I wish you played on Xbox or I played on PS4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom