• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
no PVP character should be able to survive a Truth Rocket at point blank range

this is how how would base shield defense levels and over shields

how to choke a 7th column

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKzYTk3vDMM

sadbron.png

Lol that jump completely threw you off. I feel you.

Lol that jump completely threw you off. I feel you.

i made the mistake of pushing out of the building while my health was low because i thought the Spark was still running behind me, but he burned out lol

Damn Warlocks and Titans with their DOT melees.

First Slayer I've gotten without using a Super at all.

no PVP character should be able to survive a Truth Rocket at point blank range

Rockets don't do enough damage in PvP. It's ridiculous that direct hits don't always OHK if you have any damage resistance. You shouldn't be able to tank a rocket with a revive shield or super. I've hit Sunbreakers full on and only done a bit over half damage to them.

Frenden

Banned
Stupid mercy robbing me of a stupid mark of the unbroken.

In other news, I finally found a gun I like in 2.0. Tlaloc. I know I'm lttp, but shit is so broken.

Ace of Spades? Best overall HC in year two.
Tlaloc? Best RoF/impact ratio of any scout once the perk is active. Broken.
Titan shooty-shoot assault ROFL?

Looool.

Stupid mercy robbing me of a stupid mark of the unbroken.

In other news, I finally found a gun I like in 2.0. Tlaloc. I know I'm lttp, but shit is so broken.

Ace of Spades? Best overall HC in year two.

Tlaloc? Best RoF/impact ratio of any scout once the perk is active. Broken.
Titan shooty-shoot assault ROFL?

Looool.

Preach it brother, that thing will be beast when the update hits, I love the feel of it plus it has TLW spin. I need to swap the triggers again as I still get that weird vertical kick every now and then with it ( and hawkmoon)

Strider

Class exclusive weapons sucks

I'd love Tlaloc for my NightStalker. Would be ez kills holding on to your super which you could use to stop any enemy supers.
except hammer

Could be good times but nope

Strider

TLW spin should've stayed exclusive to that gun

It feels less special now.

Im really realizing just how sour I am on this game atm. Really hope the December update delivers :/

DGaf I was on about the ace of spades

:p

I still haven't got my Titan past rank 2 so can't comment on the Fabian

Oh duh, yeah. I would really like to use ace of spades more. Update should be nice. Cant wait to main a hc again. Hung jury is getting old

Still begs the question, why nerf fs. Its already bad

TLW spin should've stayed exclusive to that gun

It feels less special now.

Im really realizing just how sour I am on this game atm. Really hope the December update delivers :/

I really hope so, but dont see how weopon balancing is going to fix the bigger issues with this game right now.

Either fix your end game reward system
Or bring more content to distract us from how crappy the end game reward system is

Strider

I really hope so, but dont see how weopon balancing is going to fix the bigger issues with this game right now.

Either fix your end game reward system
Or bring more content to distract us from how crappy the end game reward system is

Longevity in this game, for me, solely depends on the state of PvP. It doesn't matter if raid loot is fixed and so on... I don't plan on running KF because I don't find it fun anymore. So rewards be damned.

So weapon balancing is a huge deal and can absolutely make or break how much I play this game going forward...

Different priorities for different players tho

Although, my Warlock gauntlets have fusion rifle reloader. They all keep dropping with fusion rifle reloader. Which is terrible. But I will persevere.

Longevity in this game, for me, solely depends on the state of PvP.

So weapon balancing is a huge deal and can absolutely make or break how much I play this game going forward

I like pvp too, although causally. So i just like playing with my favorite weapons regardless. For me, i need the carrot to carry me though. Bungie took away the carrot. For the first time in this game, i dont care about hm raid. Eccept maybe the shader, shader looks cool.

LTWood12

Had to admit baby Simon to AR Childrens Hospital :(

Hopefully we figure out a way to get him fattened up. I'll be home w/ my oldest tonight. Hopefully some of you are up for some raiding to help me chill out.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Lmao at the cycle discussion of the last pages. We are slowly but surely going crazy.

Edit: the last page has too much drama though
It was like being at a family gathering and seeing your drunk Aunt and Uncle start yelling at each other and throwing around words like "Divorce."

Everything suddenly got real awkward...

I'm on a Star Wars binge due to The Force Awakens.

I...I had to do it. As much as it pains me, I had to make that gif.

I got lazy towards the end though.
My birthday is December the 16th, and Star Wars releases in NZ on the 12:01am on the 17th. I'm hoping that either my wife or sister have bought me midnight screening tickets :3

I have a confession to make: I like and enjoy the Prequel Trilogy.
I only like The Phantom Menace. The other two were ruined by Hayden Christiansen.

GutZ31

Hopefully we figure out a way to get him fattened up. I'll be home w/ my oldest tonight. Hopefully some of you are up for some raiding to help me chill out.
That's awful dude. I hope everything gets figured out with haste.

Damn luke, hope hes ok. Is he not eating? Sleeping too much?

What in the world was harsh in what I said? Seriously, what is with this board's inability to take any difference in opinion? Vehement disagreement is one thing, but this policing of language and motive is another. Yeah, I responded on a message board. In a spot where I took an issue with what I read. How weird.

Also, this:

"You can't argue that you can see the Knights just as well on the bottom as on the top because it's not true. There are enough things to get in the way on the bottom that become a non-issue higher up... Also, if you can't hit the Ogres' fat heads from the Daughters platform, idk what to say."

is several clauses about the knights and one about the ogres. Quoting this way allowed you to talk about execution rather than actually addressing that there is a perceived benefit. It's obvious you don't agree there is a benefit there, but your initial post side-stepped that because the quoting was bizarre. Sorry, I can't think of something less harsh to say than 'bizarre.'

The 'don't give a shit' was a simple way of saying that some people would prefer one benefit over the other. Saying there is no benefit is something else entirely, but again, I don't want to get in the way of you being condescending.

I won't even get into a substantive response on the strategy since I'm probably being way too harsh right now.

Apologies if the quoting method confused you. I wasn't side stepping any issues however. This issue has been talked to death. Saying I was "harping" on it sounded harsh to me, yes. Your follow up post here definitely sounds harsh, but I'm also a sensitive person. Some people are more sensitive than others, I wouldn't say it's an inability of the board.

I also apologize if it sounded condescending. I usually state things directly, not meant to be condescending. You're one of the nicest people I've chatted with while actually playing so I'm not sure why we'd have so much trouble online. That's also part of why your post sounded harsh to me. Please send a PM if you want to discuss further. Way too much drama for one day.

Namikaze1

Wait

They're nerfing Fabian?

The hell?

That pathetic excuse for an exclusive class exotic weapon is getting nerfed and not buffed?

Why Bungie? Why?

It's okay to like them. They are good, just not in the same league as the original trilogy.
What if, (and this is a big what if) I enjoy one PT movie more than one OT movie?

You sick bastard.

I don't even care about Star Wars. Oops.
*gasp*

You have no soul!

What the hell nami, the fighting just stopped, and you bring this in?

there's a thread in off topic you might want to read

Its like a cycle. Preach it breezy
the fighting must carry on! It is our Destiny to fight!

I may have drank a bit.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Wait

They're nerfing Fabian?

The hell?

That pathetic excuse for an exclusive class exotic weapon is getting nerfed and not buffed?

Why Bungie? Why?

What if, (and this is a big what if) I enjoy one PT movie more than one OT movie?

*gasp*

You have no soul!

the fighting must carry on! It is our Destiny to fight!

I may have drank a bit.

Wait what? I though with the AR buff Fabian's would finally become actually decent...

GutZ31

It was like being at a family gathering and seeing your drunk Aunt and Uncle start yelling at each other and throwing around words like "Divorce."

Everything suddenly got real awkward...
The biggest problem with the argument is the perspective failure.
One is talking about a strategy where the floaters do almost all DPS, while the other thinks it's everyone pulling their own weight in DPS for Ogres/Knights.

These strategies differ only slightly, and there are more that I don't even know of, but a break down in communication happened, and it happened to people that I usually respect for clear headedness.

Please re-read the posts, and understand the strategies are different that both posters are talking about.

You two need to shake hands and end this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom