• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice. I've no idea what the letters mean either lol... Anyway Ideally you'd want to use whichever monitor has the lowest input lag but it's probably such a small difference in this case that I wouldn't worry about it.

But yea 24-27 inches is the best for gaming IMO. I prefer the slightly larger screen of 27' for my consoles since I'm leaned back a little more but for my PC I prefer a 24' since I'm closer to the screen and using a KB/M.

Yea I thought ideally 1ms response would be the best and 4-5ms would be bad, but 4ms works fine for me and yours is 5ms so that seems to be ok.

Maybe it'd make a difference for 60FPS games, though >_<

Yea I thought ideally 1ms response would be the best and 4-5ms would be bad, but 4ms works fine for me and yours is 5ms so that seems to be ok.

Maybe it'd make a difference for 60FPS games, though >_<

I don't think, and anyone feel free to correct me, that any monitor is actually 1ms response time. Usually the 1ms time you see advertised is the GtG (Grey to Grey) which represents the speed that the crystals in the LCD can change colors. Most of the monitors I've looked up are closer to 10ms response time (in terms of controller input to on screen action).

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing. /shrug

touch-of-malice-exotic-quest-guide.png

Today... you will be mine.

50270949.jpg

deadduck

A friend played the Destiny demo in the summer, I sent her a copy of TKK about a month ago, but it was not played (redeemed).

This week I completed the referral link and she linked her new account. She had not played TKK.

She fired up TKK and played a few games of PvP (not possible in demo) unfortunately the bungie site said she still had not purchased or played TKK.

Yesterday we done the first mission on Phobos. Still nothing.

How does Bungie manage to break everything they implement in some way?

Probably wishful thinking, but does anybody have NM Oryx CP?

Edit: or do NM KF, if people are interested? Anybody welcome, newbie friendly, w/e.

Narasingh may have it, or was that from last week? In any case he needs his first oryx kill, and I'm busy with a family wedding till Saturday..so if he's online you can check with him.

GlamFM

Banned
Reposting because it got lost in all the drama yesterday.

(everything back to cool now?)

Mindlog
Macello
Lnkn52
gunawi

Big thank you from Glam´s brother for his first Oryx kill.

Jinjo

KxUrcvh.gif

Defender: I'm getting nerfed because of you!

Striker: I'm just here for the hell of it!

Sunbreaker: ugghhhhhhhhh!

I'm freaking bored alright!

That is an amazing .gif lol.

Really hope Striker gets a much needed buff. Its super can't even one-shot majors sometimes. They better not touch Defender, that class is what every subclass should aspire to be. It and Nightstalker are the perfect examples of a perfect subclass.

Striker is awesome still for PVP. I love to shut down SBs with Fist of Panic. They are so surprised when I'm not just running away. And shoulder charge knee kills make me lololol

I don't think, and anyone feel free to correct me, that any monitor is actually 1ms response time. Usually the 1ms time you see advertised is the GtG (Grey to Grey) which represents the speed that the crystals in the LCD can change colors. Most of the monitors I've looked up are closer to 10ms response time (in terms of controller input to on screen action).

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding the whole thing. /shrug

Nah you're right.

The thing is, there's also human reaction time to take into account.

So it goes like:

- Stuff on screen (ms)
- Reaction (ms)
- New stuff on screen (ms)

So you could easily be over 100ms before anything even happens :p

Jinjo

Striker is awesome still for PVP. I love to shut down SBs with Fist of Panic. They are so surprised when I'm not just running away. And shoulder charge knee kills make me lololol

True dat. This is why I also loved playing as a Voidwalker last IB. Shut down so many overconfident Hammerbro's. Then sent it home with the slow clap emote lol.

Could join a KF run if theres a group going that know's what to do. Not to sound elitist(personaly don't see this as elitist but LFG seem to) but I don't have all night like the weekends.

True dat. This is why I also loved playing as a Voidwalker last IB. Shut down so many overconfident Hammerbro's. Then sent it home with the slow clap emote lol.

I was watching Nghtly this morning and someone said Khepris sting can shut down a sunbreaker, turns out they were right 273 Damage to a Sunbreaker :d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovkahr9AuY8

Am going to max my strength and have a play around later, looks like fun

Does anyone know what happens if I level a new character without doing the vanilla story; does the TTK missions just open up once I get to a high enough level? Hoping I can skip most the missions by doing crucible/vanguard bounties etc but obviously need TTK to open up the dreadnaught.

Actually I think someone can hop out if you still want to join. Danarchy sent you a party invite.

If he doesn't and someone needs to leave I can join. You gone past totems yet? Wouldn't mind that ghost chance from the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom