• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just managed to log in. Since there's actually interest now we could do:

NM Daughters super quick if people don't mind:

1- deafmedal
2- loki 16 (futbol_dude77)
3- Drizzay
4- Drewz
5- Trakan
6- Skywalker

HM KF from Totems

1- deafmedal
3- dorssom/radiohead1
4- Drewz
5- Trakan
6- Skywalker

I could drop out for the HM run since I don't need loot and would only do it to help out. Of course I'm totally down to help with a run but don't want to take up someone's spot that actually still needs loot.

edit: Wow, spoke too soon. Got into PSN but not Destiny yet...

edit2: Finally in Destiny! At the Daughter's CP if people are willing to join on me.

Also, strong backs for the page top. Sweaty 5-4 Trials win vs. 3 shotgunning Hammer bro's earlier today.
Sorry Kadey

CU3nDYgUEAA6bmr.jpg:large

Sky Walker

I just managed to log in. Since there's actually interest now we could do:

NM Daughters super quick if people don't mind:

1- deafmedal
3- Drizzay
4- Drewz
5- Trakan
6- Skywalker

HM KF from Totems

1- deafmedal
3- dorssom/radiohead1
4- Drewz
5- Trakan
6- Skywalker

I could drop out for the HM run since I don't need loot and would only do it to help out. Of course I'm totally down to help with a run but don't want to take up someone's spot that actually still needs loot.

edit: Wow, spoke too soon. Got into PSN but not Destiny yet...

Psn skywalker_3li

I hope I've replied in time...I'm down for this if we get the folks. PSN = dorssom.

We just finished NM Daughters super quick and were starting HM Totems but I don't need the loot so you are more than welcome to take my spot. I think deafmedal sent you an invite, feel free to hop in to party chat.

E92 M3

Finally got Saint-14 to 310 lol. Now I can run either Ruin Wins or 14. Honest will probably lean towards RW.

Also came to the sad realization that Mercury isn't exciting anymore. All I can get is just some infusion fodder that I already have too much off.

Lol god damn. 30+ kills between you two and kadey at 0? For shame kadey

Which run was that?

That was our second run, I was on my Titan. We were at 7-0 and had just lost our Mercy on the previous game so it was do-or-die. It would have been a major rager to lose since we outslayed them 34 to 19 but still barely won.

They were all running shotguns and just camping behind corners waiting for their supers to build since they all had Hammers. It was awful. Poor Kadey should have had a few clutch Hammer kills with her Nova Bomb but she got screwed. The Nova would hit them right when they revived a teammate and they'd survive it with the immune shield. So stupid, smh.

At the end it was 4-4 and came down to my hammer vs. one of theirs. Twilight got a shot on the guy before being hammered but it was enough so that I was able to kill him with my one hammer. Such sweaty, much clutchness.

That was our second run, I was on my Titan. We were at 7-0 and had just lost our Mercy on the previous game so it was do-or-die. It would have been a major rager to lose since we outslayed them 34 to 19 but still barely won.

They were all running shotguns and just camping behind corners waiting for their supers to build since they all had Hammers. It was awful. Poor Kadey should have had a few clutch Hammer kills with her Nova Bomb but she got screwed. The Nova would hit them right when they revived a teammate and they'd survive it with the immune shield. So stupid, smh.

At the end it was 4-4 and came down to my hammer vs. one of theirs. Twilight got a shot on the guy before being hammered but it was enough so that I was able to kill him with my one hammer. Such sweaty, much clutchness.

Damn i missed this sweaty as fuck match :O

still running trials this weekend? I'd be down at some point if so.

Do I need a mic Im playing with GAF?

This question comes up a lot and the answer is you don't need a mic for anything in the game, as long as you can hear and respond to the comms. Especially any older or easier content, like strikes, Vault of Glass, Crota's End, or Normal Mode King's Fall. Most PvP is totally fine without a mic, except for the Trials of Osiris mode which is much more competitive (although no mic is still possible here).

That said, if you are trying to do more challenging stuff like HM King's Fall or Trials then a mic is hugely beneficial unless you are very familiar with the content. It might put your team at a disadvantage if you aren't able to talk for the very high-level activities. Lots of people either can't or prefer not to talk on mic so it's honestly not a big deal. We try to make DGAF as inclusive as possible (usually, haha).

Is there a strike I can farm for the neuroghast legs? I have all the other pieces...

Perhaps Cryptarch?

Pretty sure the Sublime Engrams are just random drops of Legendary Engrams. Don't think any specific acitivity has a higher drop rate for them, but rather anything that is likely to drop purple engrams.

I've had a terrible time getting leg and class Sublime engrams to drop. Still missing two class armors and one leg piece to complete the set, but the chest-gauntlets-helmet Sublimes have dropped many times.

Man, the trifecta of

-Lag
-My guns not doing anything due to lag
-Playing dumb to compensate for my guns not doing anything due to lag

Was really hard to avoid today. I've never been one to blame the connection first, but as soon as my stream went down my bullets were 100%. I put it back up and now all my sniper shots are shoulder shots.

I don't get it.

It's one thing to miss, but players move so weird when the connections are acting up and then bullets go right through people. It's like Halo 3 all over again.

I always rewatch broadcasts after I play and i'm seeing so many robbed shots. Bungie pls.

Damn i missed this sweaty as fuck match :O

haha we had a few hot ones but that was probably the peak temperature. I could slice out the boring bits and upload the vid at some point if you wanted to check it out. I did save the video.

still running trials this weekend? I'd be down at some point if so.

Yeah, we only managed to finish 2 runs and get to 4-0 on the 3rd ticket before the Caterpillar invasion started. So I still need to finish my Hunter's Mercury run and then I'll be down to help with more runs as per usual.

Is there a way to tell if the Mercy has been used on the ticket? I still have the blue icon filled in with no loss on the card but I don't know how to tell for sure.

Have to say I've had a great time with this map. Sure I know you purist/snipers who actually have great aim hate it but as an aggressive shorgun user it has been easy to rack up kill streaks and wow have supers been crazy. Wouldn't want this every week but I hope Blind Watch gets a turn for similar results.

coy

I finally have time to get on but it won't allow for it. Getting flashbacks of last holiday now.

Have to say I've had a great time with this map. Sure I know you purist/snipers who actually have great aim hate it but as an aggressive shorgun user it has been easy to rack up kill streaks and wow have supers been crazy. Wouldn't want this every week but I hope Blind Watch gets a turn for similar results.
Krafty was saying on his stream that this is his favorite map. Sounded like bs but he reiterated and said he meant it. He of course still had gdlk snipes throughout the matches.

Edit: This PSN shit is ridiculous I'm going back to anime. My first day I don't login since TTK hit.

E92 M3

I thought that this map would suck, but Asylum was a lot of fun. Matches went quickly and fiercely.

Miss Burning Shrine and Cauldron, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom