• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

neeksleep

This is probably a long shot since no one knows me here, but would anyone be willing to help me with fist of crota? I just got the game, trying to beat the story missions and I've come to this mission and have been stuck for about a week now. I'm at level 26, light level 133, and can barely get him to halfway health!

If anyone could be so kind to either a) give me some super tip or b) add me on psn (PSN: SilentKiller3141 ) and help, that'd be very much appreciated.

Edit: Should also mention I dont have a headset, so it'll be silent communication :p

This is probably a long shot since no one knows me here, but would anyone be willing to help me with fist of crota? I just got the game, trying to beat the story missions and I've come to this mission and have been stuck for about a week now . I'm at level 26, light level 133, and can barely get him to halfway health!

If anyone could be so kind to either a) give me some super tip or b) add me on psn (PSN: SilentKiller3141 ) and help, that'd be very much appreciated.

Edit: Should also mention I dont have a headset, so it'll be silent communication :p
Getting on.
Edit: I lied, I can't connect to psn...
Edit2: hawkain if you don't mind...I can't connect to psn :/

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
This is probably a long shot since no one knows me here, but would anyone be willing to help me with fist of crota? I just got the game, trying to beat the story missions and I've come to this mission and have been stuck for about a week now. I'm at level 26, light level 133, and can barely get him to halfway health!

I can help as soon as I get done with this trials bounty :)

edit: rawr as got you

Sent a FR
Edit: not letting me log on :/

PSA: If you haven't ranked up with the Gunsmith and are looking for new toys, do it!

I neglected the Gunsmith for a long time because there were so many other things to do (and because none of the exotics or quest legendaries seemed essential). But then I saw Drizz playing with a Lyudmila a few weeks ago and thought it looked cool. Found out it was from the Gunsmith, ranked up, and got the one with Counterbalance. Man, it's a beast! Also scored a Cocytus with Firefly + Triple Tap that has replaced my Hung Jury as my go-to Scout for PVE. And I'm really hoping for a good roll on that PDX (missed it last week) to replace the 2 Hawksaws that I stupidly infused. Have orders in for the Tuonela and the Dis as well. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Anyone know of a guide/reddit post/whatever that goes through each of the weapon types and their best perks etc? Hate getting weapons but not knowing if they are any good.

so, Im not sure who I added on here, but thank you so much! That mission was so damn frustrating!

Welcome, as I said shout out if you need get stuck again.

PSA: If you haven't ranked up with the Gunsmith and are looking for new toys, do it!

I neglected the Gunsmith for a long time because there were so many other things to do (and because none of the exotics or quest legendaries seemed essential). But then I saw Drizz playing with a Lyudmila a few weeks ago and thought it looked cool. Found out it was from the Gunsmith, ranked up, and got the one with Counterbalance. Man, it's a beast! Also scored a Cocytus with Firefly + Triple Tap that has replaced my Hung Jury as my go-to Scout for PVE. And I'm really hoping for a good roll on that PDX (missed it last week) to replace the 2 Hawksaws that I stupidly infused. Have orders in for the Tuonela and the Dis as well. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Nice, glad to hear and good advice! I've tried out lots of different primaries but I keep coming back to that Lyudmila. The two burst destruction is just too good. I have a decent Hawksaw and I like Bad Juju as well, but they aren't my main go-to's. Just had a fun 33-10 Rift game rocking Jade Rabbit which is rather beastly in the right situations.

Obviously way too early to say how the new meta will shake out come December but I'm not dismantling my Lyudmila, Hawksaw or Nirwen's anytime soon.

yup connection's been shit all day it seems. not playing until it's sorted.

Yeah it's been downright awful today. Not gonna bother doing anymore Trials until it's settled, no sense in risking it. I want to help with more runs but nobody should be wasting their time on it now.

Time to fire up that Bloodborne DLC...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah a lot of people bought a new console the last two days so expect heavy traffic. Going to wander the wasteland.

So apparently Thalnok, fanatic of crota just spawns in todays daily.

Is that supposed to happen?

Saw that, too, and had to wrack my brains over whether it happened when I played the story mission for the first time.

Well, he despawned after I killed one of his wizard buddies and was about to finish off the second one.

drizz is about to get the moonlight greatsword in one shot

let's go

lol I remember getting the MLGS way back in King's Field 4: Ancient City, and I remember getting it's look-a-like in Demons Souls... but I didn't even know that was in BB let alone how to obtain it. Sounds awesome though!

I'm having a hard enough time remembering the controls right now. I literally look at the top left corner to check my radar when I hear enemies nearby, smh. Gonna take a little time to get back in this mindset.

edit: oooh just found first NPC and opened first major shortcut, so far so good.

Hope PSN is sorted by tonight. Got the night to myself with 1xDaughters and 2x Oryx HM to do and wouldn't mind having a crack at trials for the first time.

Daemul

So apparently Thalnok, fanatic of crota just spawns in todays daily.

Is that supposed to happen?

He actually spawned for me the first time I ever did the Dreadnought story mission. I passed by the CoO and saw him appear and I shit myself because at first I thought that Crota had returned, but thankfully it was just his fanboy lol

He actually spawned for me the first time I ever did the Dreadnought story mission. I passed by the CoO and saw him appear and I shit myself because at first I thought that Crota had returned, but thankfully it was just his fanboy lol

Oh yeah! Damn I forgot this happened to me as well, until you mentioned it just now. It was so random but very cool at the time even though nothing came of it. I don't think any sword bearers spawned ?

Damn, didn't realise the redbull XP buff thing doesn't effect character level XP. Handed in 16 completed bounties expecting to jump up a tonne but only went 12-19 lol.

Yep, still need the spindle, do you have a preferred strategy ?

psn aanx10uss : 310 Hunter

Should be online at about 10:45 GMT (20 minutes from now) ...

Sweet, anyone else?

I usually just blast through everyone gets orbs then stay in the doorway at the boss.

Need 1 for trials, join me or maomao
Sorry dude, I don't really have time for a full trials run just now, maybe later just give me a shout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom