• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could join up for a run but this post is more than an hour old and from what I can see maomao isn't online anymore. If you two still wanted to do it shoot me an invite.

We'll be starting in about 10 mins, am just waiting for feetie to finish lunch so will shoot you an invite. Had enough of trying to solo Oryx :p

Edit and yep, it super slow no takers for a 3rd

Double edit feeties coming back will shoot you an invite

PSA: If you haven't ranked up with the Gunsmith and are looking for new toys, do it!

I neglected the Gunsmith for a long time because there were so many other things to do (and because none of the exotics or quest legendaries seemed essential). But then I saw Drizz playing with a Lyudmila a few weeks ago and thought it looked cool. Found out it was from the Gunsmith, ranked up, and got the one with Counterbalance. Man, it's a beast! Also scored a Cocytus with Firefly + Triple Tap that has replaced my Hung Jury as my go-to Scout for PVE. And I'm really hoping for a good roll on that PDX (missed it last week) to replace the 2 Hawksaws that I stupidly infused. Have orders in for the Tuonela and the Dis as well. Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Keep in mind that the FR for the cocytus is slower than the Hung Jury and you have a lower magazine. But I agree, I've had the same weapon, and it's prety good

And yesterday got my 2nd tread uppon stars, with firefly , croud control and field scout

haha we had a few hot ones but that was probably the peak temperature. I could slice out the boring bits and upload the vid at some point if you wanted to check it out. I did save the video.

Yeah, we only managed to finish 2 runs and get to 4-0 on the 3rd ticket before the Caterpillar invasion started. So I still need to finish my Hunter's Mercury run and then I'll be down to help with more runs as per usual.

Is there a way to tell if the Mercy has been used on the ticket? I still have the blue icon filled in with no loss on the card but I don't know how to tell for sure.

I would watch it for sure. I checked twilight's twitch and the broadcast didn't save.

noomi

I've no idea dude, I didn't even know it was bugged :/ That was my second run so I guess I was lucky.

Bug?
I thought if you didn't get the ship on first go you couldn't go again?

Yeah, there is a bug where it's impossible for some of us to get the ship :|

So if you ran it on all 3 characters and the ship never dropped, you would never be able to get it...... bullshit. Bungie had a note somewhere that they were aware of it, but not sure if it ever got fixed.

Kind of bothers me that there is something in the game I will never be able to obtain because of a bug....

nOoblet16

Ssup guys.

I quit Destiny a while ago because of disliking PvP and mundane PvE and because I got Halo 5, but I feel like playing Trials today. Who wants to play? My sniping's still good :p

Ssup guys.

I quit Destiny a while ago because of disliking PvP and mundane PvE and because I got Halo 5, but I feel like playing Trials today. Who wants to play? My sniping's still good :p

If you just wanna work on some of the bounties I could play after this strike. Not done trials before so wouldn't expect mercury.

I come to realization I shouldn't spend money on stuff I won't use anymore. A few years ago I would buy everything in sight. I was known for having the biggest game collection on 1up. At my peak I had nearly 200 consoles and 4000+ games.

Some of my handhelds.

7445809530_7cfb44e5e9_b.jpg

I'm super late responding to this but those Game Boy Micros are sexy.

wilflare

I understand that the SUROS ARSENAL PACK will be open for everyone next year...

But can I just check whether the code that comes with the PS4 Console Bundle is supposed to include the SUROS ARSENAL PACK?

I have redeemed the above code - it comes with Taken King, Digital Collector's Edition content (emote, shader, emblem) and the Hakke Weapon Pack...

It's missing the SUROS weapons and I have checked the Download List, PS4 Related Items and the Vanguard Armory - all to no avail.

Any idea what's wrong?

But can I just check whether the code that comes with the PS4 Console Bundle is supposed to include the SUROS ARSENAL PACK?

I have redeemed the above code - it comes with Taken King, Digital Collector's Edition content (emote, shader, emblem) and the Hakke Weapon Pack...

It's missing the SUROS weapons and I have checked the Download List, PS4 Related Items and the Vanguard Armory - all to no avail.

Any idea what's wrong?
Same problem. No idea what is happening with this

Any idea what's wrong?

IIRC they are available from the vanguard quartermaster near the dead orbit guy/ship lady etc and are just crappy greens meant for new players.

EDIT: So hard to get groups now..

Destiny noob here:
I've owned Destiny for a while, but I have none of the 3 expansions. What's the cheapest way for me to get upgraded all the way to The Taken King? Xbox One store will let me buy TTK for $34, but i thought the other 2 expansions were required?
link: https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...ken-King/ca85276b-8399-49d4-9bbe-426e53f17d4d

Cheapest way is buying the Legendary Edition https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-O...1a-484f3524fecb?cid=EVERGREEN_SOCIAL_Facebook

Comes with the base game as well as the first two expansions. You can buy it physical, which will likely be even cheaper. Comes with a disk for vanilla and codes for the expansions.

Edit: Yep bit cheaper on Amazon right now, but you could try elsewhere.

We'll be starting in about 10 mins, am just waiting for feetie to finish lunch so will shoot you an invite. Had enough of trying to solo Oryx :p

Edit and yep, it super slow no takers for a 3rd

Just messing around a bit, never got more than 2 blights damage on him. I can see why it's taken people so long to get a winning run. It's completely possible but requires a lot of cooperation of things outside your control, in addition to very precise execution of the things you can control.

The only wrinkle I was trying to add (like I mentioned) was killing one Ogre early as bait for the Vessel. That guy is such a loose cannon I don't think it'll reliably work unfortunately. It's probably best to go for all 4 whenever you can get them. If people have gotten all 16 blights multiple times then clearly the blight strat is good enough. Sounds like they need to figure out how to get that last self-res up in time, which I hadn't gotten close to considering yet.

I'm bushed after that super sweaty Mercury run so I'll be taking a gaming break for awhile here, haha. Maybe later I'll keep playing around with it.

Just messing around a bit, never got more than 2 blights damage on him. I can see why it's taken people so long to get a winning run. It's completely possible but requires a lot of cooperation of things outside your control, in addition to very precise execution of the things you can control.

The only wrinkle I was trying to add (like I mentioned) was killing one Ogre early as bait for the Vessel. That guy is such a loose cannon I don't think it'll reliably work unfortunately. It's probably best to go for all 4 whenever you can get them. If people have gotten all 16 blights multiple times then clearly the blight strat is good enough. Sounds like they need to figure out how to get that last self-res up in time, which I hadn't gotten close to considering yet.

I'm bushed after that super sweaty Mercury run so I'll be taking a gaming break for awhile here, haha. Maybe later I'll keep playing around with it.

I meant to say, the best way to do it is get 7 from the first two runs. As then you'll only have the shade there for 2 runs, so you can get 3,3,3 as an ogre will probably get pulled into the shade. You also need your sleeper at 318 to stagger Oryx in 2 shots

This is the guys twitch, theres a link to his 15 run in past broadcasts and should be a few 16 blight runs in his last broadcast

http://www.twitch.tv/ehroar/profile

Tfue's trying it now he's been close a few times

mr_chun

Need a third for Black Spindle. Anyone still need it? Or does anyone that already has one hate themselves enough to do it for fun?

Once you have your super up with the Tlaloc in PvP holy shit.

I'm trading kills against guys with RL's.

It limits you to not being able to use your super but building around grenades instead and disc/str makes for some interesting game plays.

I'm surprised Drizzay is playing Destiny. You know old hunters dlc is out, right? :p

I started it this morning, played at least an hour. I'll be spending plenty of time with it but that game is so fucking heavy. The mood and atmosphere is so oppressive sometimes I don't feel like long play sessions. Especially when it was still dark out, with my headphones on, sitting 6 inches from the monitor, lol.

I would have played more but wanted to mess with an Oryx solo strat a little and then Trout and Maomao were looking for Trials help. We ended up having one of the most fun Mercury runs I've ever done, an absolute blast. I'll keep playing as long as I'm having fun and Trials especially is still doing it for me, primarily thanks to Nightstalker.

Now I'm trying to put together the pieces to build a gaming PC for X-Mas :p Very excited for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom