• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

E92 M3

Christmas cheer is in the air
jIMYTzS.jpg

Kill them with kindness, always better than perpetual insults ;)

--

On another, it's rather funny how Osiris bounties are a lot more exciting than Mercury itself. By the way, has anyone been getting exotics from the silver bounties? Maybe the 320 ones were a glitch that Bungie fixed.

Some were so lucky, haha.

wilflare

Same problem. No idea what is happening with this

any idea who we can contact for that? it's really annoying me._.

IIRC they are available from the vanguard quartermaster near the dead orbit guy/ship lady etc and are just crappy greens meant for new players.

EDIT: So hard to get groups now..

I've checked with the Vanguard Quartermaster but nope, it's not there.

This is the first time I played since the beta...so I guess I'll have some use for them :/

so lost.

EDIT: should I use the Spark for my character?

LTWood12

Yeh it's odd as its showing as locked, I know weapons give a higher % to light level than anything else so it's entirely possible he has it with a 310 one

I think it's more likely that if you somehow never equip an artifact then it doesn't get counted against your overall light average.

The math doesn't allow you to be 320 w/ a 310 artifact. It doesn't round up, even if you were to be 319.9 the game registers that as 319.

I think it's more likely that if you somehow never equip an artifact then it doesn't get counted against your overall light average.

The math doesn't allow you to be 320 w/ a 310 artifact. It doesn't round up, even if you were to be 319.9 the game registers that as 319.

not randomly getting an artifact from one of the many drops or decryptions on the way to 320 sounds impossible.

I started it this morning, played at least an hour. I'll be spending plenty of time with it but that game is so fucking heavy. The mood and atmosphere is so oppressive sometimes I don't feel like long play sessions. Especially when it was still dark out, with my headphones on, sitting 6 inches from the monitor, lol.

I would have played more but wanted to mess with an Oryx solo strat a little and then Trout and Maomao were looking for Trials help. We ended up having one of the most fun Mercury runs I've ever done, an absolute blast. I'll keep playing as long as I'm having fun and Trials especially is still doing it for me, primarily thanks to Nightstalker.

Now I'm trying to put together the pieces to build a gaming PC for X-Mas :p Very excited for that.

Yeah the mood of BB is quite depressing, I'll buy the dlc later, maybe wait for a sale or price drop. Still have to finish witcher 3 and mgs4.

Haven't tried trails yet but I'll try and give it a shot next week when I'm back down under.

You're building a gaming PC? What happened to getting an xbone for Halo? :p

Well at least you'll be able to load and deploy the new OT's on time with a proper computer, and maybe, just maybe even have enough processing power to upload that Thunderlord post ;)

Tfue's trying it now he's been close a few times

Awesome, thanks so much for the follow up details. I'll be sure to watch one of his videos before trying again. I didn't see Tfue on now though, all I saw was folks doing Trials mostly.

By the way, has anyone been getting exotics from the silver bounties? Maybe the 320 ones were a glitch that Bungie fixed.

Some were so lucky, haha.

Wicked got a ~315 exotic armor last week. They still drop, just super duper rare. I've only gotten one from doing Trials every week on every character.

Do you guys store a lot of infusion fodder for the future?

I keep tons of stuff until it's unmanageable and my vault is bursting at the seams. Then I force myself to infuse and dismantle stuff until I get a little breathing room.

It's... not the best.

Well at least you'll be able to load and deploy the new OT's on time with a proper computer, and maybe, just maybe even have enough processing power to upload that Thunderlord post ;)

Yeah honestly I shouldn't call it a gaming PC, that's not even the main motivation. I just need something more functional than the PoS laptop I have now. I like to load all my Destiny videos, do more stuff w the OT etc.

hydruxo

Man I haven't played Destiny in like 3 weeks. Fallout 4 has taken over lmao. I'm essentially done with FO4 now though so I'm definitely gonna hop back into Destiny once challenge mode drops.

I started it this morning, played at least an hour. I'll be spending plenty of time with it but that game is so fucking heavy. The mood and atmosphere is so oppressive sometimes I don't feel like long play sessions. Especially when it was still dark out, with my headphones on, sitting 6 inches from the monitor, lol.

I would have played more but wanted to mess with an Oryx solo strat a little and then Trout and Maomao were looking for Trials help. We ended up having one of the most fun Mercury runs I've ever done, an absolute blast. I'll keep playing as long as I'm having fun and Trials especially is still doing it for me, primarily thanks to Nightstalker.

Now I'm trying to put together the pieces to build a gaming PC for X-Mas :p Very excited for that.

Im glad you have seen the light. I remember a little bit after TTK launched when we (twilight included ofc) were talking about how good and well rounded and just all around fun nightstalker is and you were defending titans as having the best subclasses :p

E92 M3

Awesome, thanks so much for the follow up details. I'll be sure to watch one of his videos before trying again. I didn't see Tfue on now though, all I saw was folks doing Trials mostly.

Wicked got a ~315 exotic armor last week. They still drop, just super duper rare. I've only gotten one from doing Trials every week on every character.

I keep tons of stuff until it's unmanageable and my vault is bursting at the seams. Then I force myself to infuse and dismantle stuff until I get a little breathing room.

It's... not the best.

Yeah honestly I shouldn't call it a gaming PC, that's not even the main motivation. I just need something more functional than the PoS laptop I have now. I like to load all my Destiny videos, do more stuff w the OT etc.

I must have the worst luck, then. Nothing but blue engrams from Silver packages. Secondly, the vault should be upgraded to support Bungie's current vision for infusion. The whole issue comes up with "saving for the future." We never know what new exotics Bungie will release next and how much they will need to be infused. All of my characters are stuffed.

310 Doctrine of Passing auto rifle with persistence, extended mag/small bore/braced frame, counter balance.

I feel like this could be good next month.

maomaoIYP

Yeah it was a pretty great run! Trials is still fun for me, heck I even play elimination with randoms sometimes.

edit: This week's map was a little less pain free than I recall when I played it on regular elimination.

310 Doctrine of Passing auto rifle with persistence, extended mag/small bore/braced frame, counter balance.

I feel like this could be good next month.

I like it now even though it's clearly not competitive. Fun to use anyway, plus a very low TTK if you can actually hit that many crit shots.

Counterbalance is definitely the variable perk you want on the Doctrine (only the last, far right perk varies; the rest are set in stone). It has some wild recoil without braced frame and counterbalance.

wilflare

is the weapon choice a matter of play style?
it's been really long since I played ._.

I'm thinking of just sticking with the Auto Rifle.

on the Discussion of Auto-Rifles, Dead Orbit's Paleocontact JPK-43 has improved aim-assist on the 2nd scope.

I got two different variations and it helps wins 1st place in Rubmle

Trakan

Yeah, pretty crazy.

It was an 'exploit' to get to higher levels sooner, a matter of time before they used it be the first 320.

It's really smart actually. It's just removing a shitty barrier they put in to get to a higher light level. Artifacts don't really do anything interesting or helpful. If there were still elemental primaries, those specific precision kill artifacts might be decent, but even then I still don't know.

stay gold

is the weapon choice a matter of play style?
it's been really long since I played ._.

I'm thinking of just sticking with the Auto Rifle.

They're about to get a buff next month so that wouldn't be a bad idea.

And yes, picking a weapon suited to your playstyle is much smarter than going for whatevers currently in vogue.

wilflare

Yep! Go ahead and use it to get a little head start with your character progression. You've got the right idea.

thanks! for a moment, I thought "boosting" was referring to joining a high level party and asking them to help me super-level (will that work in Destiny)?

hmm I understand using the Spark will just basically change my Level to 20/25 without giving me the exp right?

v1perz53

Aw man, I would love to actually get a Black Spindle, but I'm only 284 and can't use a mic (GF sleeping in the same room), so not exactly super desirable on these LFG sites. Figures it'd be this mission the one weekend my brother is away from his PS4 and can't play.

Also, apparently as I've gotten older I've developed PUG anxiety, no idea how that happened. Used to PUG raid all the time in WoW with no issues, but the idea of going in with a bunch of random people to Kings Fall makes me too nervous to want to do it.

thanks! for a moment, I thought "boosting" was referring to joining a high level party and asking them to help me super-level (will that work in Destiny)?

hmm I understand using the Spark will just basically change my Level to 20/25 without giving me the exp right?

Yeah pretty much w the Spark. I never used one myself so I may be hazy on the details but I don't believe it gives you XP for your gear or subclass. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

As for joining higher players, you can do that within limits. Destiny puts a limit on how low Light a player can be to engage in any given activity, so as to let people attempt things under leveled but prevent high level players from boosting really low level players too much. In year 1, you could only be max 3 levels below the recommended level for an activity (e.g. You had to be Lv27 to do the hard raid which was Lv30 recommended).

In Year 2 everything is based on your characters Light level, so you have to be within (I think) ~40 Light to join an activity even if it's with a high level player. So you have to be >240 Light to do a Nightfall Strike or >250 light to do the normal King's Fall raid. The exact numbers may be a little off but you get the idea. Lots of people do take advantage of higher level friends to help power level new characters.

///

As for your other question about weapon classes, for PvE it's mostly personal preference. Nothing you do now will be so challenging that you have to use the very best stuff so use whatever you enjoy. For PvP it's a different story due to how Bungie has been balancing the game. Essentially there have been "seasons" for certain weapon classes when they were clearly the strongest and you had to use them to be competitive. Currently it's the pulse rifle season so virtually everyone uses them in PvP. Some other weapons can still do well and can be fun for variety but in PvP you either use the meta or get beat by the meta.

A new weapon balancing patch will be coming in a couple weeks so the meta can and very likely will change then.

Aw man, I would love to actually get a Black Spindle, but I'm only 384 and can't use a mic (GF sleeping in the same room), so not exactly super desirable on these LFG sites. Figures it'd be this mission the one weekend my brother is away from his PS4 and can't play.

Also, apparently as I've gotten older I've developed PUG anxiety, no idea how that happened. Used to PUG raid all the time in WoW with no issues, but the idea of going in with a bunch of random people to Kings Fall makes me too nervous to want to do it.

Lvl38? Should be doable with 2 more 300+ people

Edit I see you lurking on Ehroars stream Driz, do you see what I mean about the drama now :d

Ji66a somehow managed to recruit-a-friend me on xbone]

As long as you don't have to actually play on Xbone it seems like minor mistake making.

Ehroar has just started up http://www.twitch.tv/ehroar

Haha yeah I went to check his archives and suddenly it was like "boom, live broadcast!"

Edit: haha yeah the drama might be even stupider than the drama we get around here from time to time. Ultimately one person will get world's first and nobody will give a damn about anything/anyone else.

Cheers to Pound_lb003 and Robdraggoo for my intro to Trials. That was damn good fun, stressful though!

I hate the heavy round :(

310 Auto Rifle from the gold package
307 boots from the 5 wins. Getting this was awesome, my best boots were 297 before this : /

Cheers to Pound_lb003 and Robdraggoo for my intro to Trials. That was damn good fun, stressful though!

I hate the heavy round :(

310 Auto Rifle from the gold package
307 boots from the 5 wins. Getting this was awesome, my best boots were 297 before this : /

It was fun. Finished all the bounties without winning a single round lol

Then we went on a streak after. With id gave used the boons, we would have had seven wins.

Next time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom