• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I dont know why i made that impression on you. I almost never scrub that hard. A wipe on the raid is rarely ever my fault. Anyway im good in pvp but trials is not my strong suit so if we want to go to mercury someone like drizz is indeed what we need :p

You're always the first to die. Light doesn't die because he runs from enemies. Sometimes running is good. I still have to make the gif of light getting his ass kicked by a few acolytes. I was cracking up.

Kyoufu

Whats stopping them from adding 'against minions of the darkness' to the end of anything that wouldn't work in pvp?

Ask Bungie. :p

Maybe interesting perks are not possible on PS3/360 RAM.

Whatever the case may be, I hope they improve this area in Destiny 2. I haven't played in over a month now. No desire.

GutZ31

Hola destinygaf. It's been a while.

I've been away with RL stuff for a while now. Got myself a shiny new job :D. I haven't played anything since TK came out (still rocking my fatebringer).

Where's the best place to catch up on all the new stuff?
Can't think of any sites to get you up to speed, so I think a quick rundown of things to look for when first starting TTK as a returning player may be useful.

First, rares(blue engrams) are the new legendaries(purple engrams), kind of.

When returning, you will likely be finding blue gear with better stats than your current purple stuff. Just throw the highest level stuff on as soon as you get it for higher chances at even higher level stuff.

In the event of a purple drop, it is likely that it's light level is less than your blue gear. This is where infusion comes into play.
Your blues are now worth keeping around to get purple gear you like up to the higher light levels.

You will of course reach a point where getting gear to infuse is much harder to acquire, and the only way to move forward is the raid, or nightfall drops.

One of the best ways to get quick high level gear is to use the court of Oryx, which requires runes, and an appropriate level to match.

Basically, do the story for TTK, after you have exhausted all story missions, and quests, focus on the court of Oryx.

Once you get to around level 285, you should be ready for your first Kings Fall raid.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply, I was at Ikea waiting on my brother to bring the truck around.

Ken

I've been away with RL stuff for a while now. Got myself a shiny new job :D. I haven't played anything since TK came out (still rocking my fatebringer).

Also, if Xur is still around and you have the Strange Coins to spare, grab the weapon and armor piece so you have two 280 pieces as soon as you hit level 40. I regret not doing this when Xur had Graviton and Zhalo a few weeks back since I hesitated picking up TTK.

Also, legendary marks get you 280 pieces so I've read that a good early buy with them is the Vanguard Shell. After that I picked up Hung Jury for a strong primary. Seems like gearing up is all about inflating your light level with the biggest numbers which is meh, but I'm still enjoying it playing very causally.

Reading this thread, I feel like folks are doing Trials out of habit instead of enjoying it.

Trials on that raid status now.

Well you guys enjoy Trials. I'm fighting giant shark things.

Did you ever play Trials in Year One? It was fantastic, outside of the general state of PvP at the time which was

1.1.1. Meta (Thorn, The Last Word, Red Death, Bad Juju, Hawkmoon, Mida Multi Tool, The Messenger, Vex Mythoclast)
Blink + Felwinter's/Madator/Party Crasher
Final Round Snipers
Bladedancers with Quickdraw + Arc Bolt + Lucky Raspberry
Sunsingers + Ram + Viking Funeral (a team of these guys was way worse than a team of Sunbreakers)

Trials in Year One was accessible to anyone provided they had a strong team, and there was hardly any lag in my experiences. People were playing it to collect all the Lighthouse weapons (all solid guns with elements) and farm Vance's kinetic weapon for weapon parts.

Trials in Year Two is almost entirely the opposite, especially on the connection front in my experiences. Aside from a few of the armor pieces, I can't see the average player returning to it week after week unless they really enjoy the competition.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm down, someone will just have to explain to me how it works :lol

If we get another I could run it. No need to explain anything since it's pretty straightforward. Only thing is to take down Crota's shields and take care of knights on the right when I'm running sword.

I haven't played trials in 2 weeks. I was just waiting for the warlock chest piece to be available because I think it looks cool, not because it's a particularly useful piece of gear. I don't care about any of the other loot and I'm never going to get to the lighthouse. There's no point to it for someone of my pvp skill level.

Ssup guys.

I quit Destiny a while ago because of disliking PvP and mundane PvE and because I got Halo 5, but I feel like playing Trials today. Who wants to play? My sniping's still good :p

Yo Nooblet! Welcome back, and good to hear from you! Hope things are going okay with all the work/school stuff that was going on last we talked. If you're still around later tonight or maybe tomorrow I'd be down to run some Trials w you again.

Drizzay, you still doing trials?
I dont need to get to mercury, but wouldn't mind getting some gear. Its ok if not :)

Saw you did some games earlier, sounded like you guys really started to find your groove which is excellent. If you're still looking to do more matches let me know, or if you just wanted to finish bounties that's cool. I'm usually not the best person to tag along for bounty-only runs, I get too fired up haha

I'll be doing random stuff in the mean time. Get Driz or Val to be our third.

I dont know why i made that impression on you. I almost never scrub that hard. A wipe on the raid is rarely ever my fault. Anyway im good in pvp but trials is not my strong suit so if we want to go to mercury someone like drizz is indeed what we need :p

Howdy folks, I'm still around lurking but can't play for awhile yet. Did a bunch of gaming this morning so still need to deal w life stuff. I should have more time later tonight or if not then certainly sometime tomorrow evening.

Gotta finish ordering all my computer parts today. Maybe I'll post it here once the build is done since there's lots of knowledgeable folks in DGAF.

Afrocious

Did you ever play Trials in Year One? It was fantastic, outside of the general state of PvP at the time which was

1.1.1. Meta (Thorn, The Last Word, Red Death, Bad Juju, Hawkmoon, Mida Multi Tool, The Messenger, Vex Mythoclast)
Blink + Felwinter's/Madator/Party Crasher
Final Round Snipers
Bladedancers with Arc Bolt + Lucky Raspberry
Sunsingers + Ram + Viking Funeral (a team of these guys was way worse than a team of Sunbreakers)

Trials in Year One was accessible to anyone provided they had a strong team, and there was hardly any lag in my experiences. People were playing it to collect all the Lighthouse weapons (all solid guns with elements) and farm Vance's kinetic weapon for weapon parts.

Trials in Year Two is almost entirely the opposite, especially on the connection front in my experiences. Aside from a few of the armor pieces, I can't see the average player returning to it week after week unless they really enjoy the competition.

Nah I didn't play Trials. I don't think Trials was around before TDB.

That does sound kinda crazy and fun. What you listed appeals to me because it doesn't sound boring. Sounded like a little bit of variety where folks had several avenues to hold up a fight and didn't just have to get a good pulse and take corner shots.

I was interested in getting better at PvP in Destiny (and I kinda still am) and trials was sort of my weekly test for it, but IDK anymore because the reward now is simply doing trials for the sake of it. Definitely not for the loot - that's for sure.

I dunno if the lighthouse should have elemental weapons but there has to be something else.

57e2582b8cb415f83745a93b66eea78a.png

AWW SHIEEET NIGGAH

guess who fitna play dat trail mix

pm8gm.gif

9su99l4.gif

Ken

Y1 Trials still had poking with Thorns, but TLW/Shotties/Blink let you play pretty aggressively that Thorns couldn't keep up with.

If you want to do better at PvP, you should just regularly be playing Crucible.

That does sound kinda crazy and fun. What you listed appeals to me because it doesn't sound boring. Sounded like a little bit of variety where folks had several avenues to hold up a fight and didn't just have to get a good pulse and take corner shots.

I was interested in getting better at PvP in Destiny (and I kinda still am) and trials was sort of my weekly test for it, but IDK anymore because the reward now is simply doing trials for the sake of it. Definitely not for the loot - that's for sure.

I dunno if the lighthouse should have elemental weapons but there has to be something else.

You did play Trials before TTK. Once. You used a Vision of Confluence lol. You weren't exactly up to speed on the meta. :p

how so? And... if you can't play for a few weeks, why would HM/NM matter? i'm confused

I work away from home for 3 weeks with no gaming access.

Was just curious, plus I need HM for the Crux of Crota for Necro.

I've solo it normal and hard. And this was back before HOW.

If you constantly die to thralls and acolytes then I have no hope for you anywhere else.

Sweet need to try it out!

That Shaxx quest is enough to make you give up the game, in fact i'm going to leave it alone as i'll probably rage snap my disc. 6x Auto, Scout, Pulse and HCs in a game x4. A minimum of 24 fucking games after all the games before that.

Fuck Off

LTWood12

Chowder hype! Congrats on the job! Just dive in and hang out here buddy.

Ken

Doing old Strikes with Taken remixed in is so jarring since Ghost just stops talking, even when it's objective-related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom