• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was fun. Finished all the bounties without winning a single round lol

Then we went on a streak after. With id gave used the boons, we would have had seven wins.

Next time

Lesson learnt; get the boons regardless. Crazy shit can happen lol.

Not bothered myself, don't need another Machine Gun at the moment.

EDIT: So now my highest K/D mode is Trials.... interesting. Only 1.4 though so nothing special.

Hola destinygaf. It's been a while.

I've been away with RL stuff for a while now. Got myself a shiny new job :D. I haven't played anything since TK came out (still rocking my fatebringer).

Where's the best place to catch up on all the new stuff?

Hola destinygaf. It's been a while.

I've been away with RL stuff for a while now. Got myself a shiny new job :D. I haven't played anything since TK came out (still rocking my fatebringer).

Where's the best place to catch up on all the new stuff?

Bungie made the brilliant decision to tie everything up into the HM raid rendering everything else useless, and pointless. Except TOO which I think 10% of all destiny players play.

Does anyone still do the Crota raids?

I hope they bring back the old raids with the gear levelled/ re-statted.

I want the gold shader for Crota on Normal.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Does anyone still do the Crota raids?

I hope they bring back the old raids with the gear levelled/ re-statted.

I want the gold shader for Crota on Normal.

It wouldn't be as bad if the old raids were handled like WoW where at max level you would be powerful enough to solo or duo them.

Getting 4-6 people grouped up to do old content is tough.

Nicodemic

Does anybody would like to "practice" hard mode Oryx? If we kill him that's awesome but the point would be to take our time, learn the fight and get some experience. We get a kill, more power to us but no pressure.

PSN: Nicodemic

stay gold

Just got my first Mark of the Unbroken medal :)

Heard a titan clang right at the end and started preparing swear words, but he was a friendly lol.

GlamFM

Banned
Does anybody would like to "practice" hard mode Oryx? If we kill him that's awesome but the point would be to take our time, learn the fight and get some experience. We get a kill, more power to us but no pressure.

PSN: Nicodemic

You have a team already?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah same person :p

Yeah it's an easy flawless, I'm pretty sure I could do the rest of the raid, just that first part pisses me off too much and I end up rage quitting :|

I'll run it with you :p I have no idea how the raid works tho cause I've never done it either haha. I can watch a video to prepare I suppose, or if you know how it works just guide me through it

Afrocious

Reading this thread, I feel like folks are doing Trials out of habit instead of enjoying it.

Trials on that raid status now.

Well you guys enjoy Trials. I'm fighting giant shark things.

Bungie needs to take a step back. All the goodwill they garnered with TTK seems kind of lost. The end game progression and content is severely lacking and to make matters worse there are strikes and prison of elders that aren't even used atm.

It's so bizzare

Smiley90

One thing I don't understand is how a game as loot-focused as Destiny has literally SO many armors that all just have the exact. same. perks. so boring. Make it more like Diablo post-revamp.

I've done 10+ flawless and still can't jump the bridge :p I really must try to solo it one day, esp as Scrota's only 7 hits now

were you the same guy that asked last time? I said I'd run it! :D

I struggle with the first part for some reason on my warlock.

I really wanna do CE and get the missing ghosts tho :/

Count me in if you ever wanna do a CE run. I'd prefer normal, but I'll take any.

Reading this thread, I feel like folks are doing Trials out of habit instead of enjoying it.

Trials on that raid status now.

Well you guys enjoy Trials. I'm fighting giant shark things.

I think we can thank Bungie for that. The new system for Trials matchmaking is now literally climbing a mountain. After about win 4 or 5 it's going to be nothing but pain unless your team really has it together. So more and more people are just grinning and bearing it to clear the bounties.

And this is from someone who more or less does Trials with friends to enjoy it. We don't even habitually do it every single week.

GlamFM

Banned
One thing I don't understand is how a game as loot-focused as Destiny has literally SO many armors that all just have the exact. same. perks. so boring. Make it more like Diablo post-revamp.

Destiny is a dress-up sim.

IB pants make my Titan´s ass look fat (not kidding)

Kyoufu

Already discussed this before but the main thing to take away from it was that perks are stuck in this generic hole because of PVP. If they make it like Diablo then there's the fear of upsetting PVP balance.

The Destiny experience will always be limited as long as they stick to a consistent PVE and PVP relationship.

Smiley90

Already discussed this before but the main thing to take away from it was that perks are stuck in this generic hole because of PVP. If they make it like Diablo then there's the fear of upsetting PVP balance.

The Destiny experience will always be limited as long as they stick to a consistent PVE and PVP relationship.

you could always go back to the VERY early days and have PvE-only weapons with some ridiculous perks.

If you constantly die to thralls and acolytes then I have no hope for you anywhere else.

I dont know why i made that impression on you. I almost never scrub that hard. A wipe on the raid is rarely ever my fault. Anyway im good in pvp but trials is not my strong suit so if we want to go to mercury someone like drizz is indeed what we need :p

stay gold

Whats stopping them from adding 'against minions of the darkness' to the end of anything that wouldn't work in pvp?

Anyone for Trials? Want to get the packages on my warlock.

Im down if you're just looking for bounties. PSN is Seanders89

Afrocious

Whats stopping them from adding 'against minions of the darkness' to the end of anything that wouldn't work in pvp?

This is something I've always thought. Bungie could go WILD with 'minions of darkness' perks but they don't.

"Double kills on minions of darkness causes your enemies to explode upon death"

"Precision kills on minions of darkness creates axion bolts that relentlessly pursue your enemies."

Absolutely nothing.

For some reason, Bungie is pretty reluctant to separate the two modes. Part of their whole 'should be fun' philosophy. TTK upped the stakes by making exotic quests integrated into PVP a la Thorn, made the Crucible bounties a joke to get, Trials loot available to scrubs like me, etc.

I miss HoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom