• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

Infused my 1000ys to 319 and my Spindle to 318 yesterday. Running out of room. Gotta figure out what to delete. Would like to hear the full details of the December update before deleting too much, but my situation is getting ridiculous.

westtrade

Neo Member
Only one level left.

319_zpsi5mcyr5s.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Ken

What light level are you?

If there is enough interest I'll sherpa some spindle runs(PS4), pretty sure 99% of people here got theirs already though.

What's recommended? I think my Titan is like 284 but I've never done it before. Might be up for it later if you're still offering.

Infused my 1000ys to 319 and my Spindle to 318 yesterday. Running out of room. Gotta figure out what to delete. Would like to hear the full details of the December update before deleting too much, but my situation is getting ridiculous.

This reminds me, I need to actually pick up a black spindle from the vendor..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Damn, was stuck watching my nephews for longer than I thought.

Well, if anyone needs a sherpa to get their black spindle or a VoG run, I'm here now.

I also have an HM Oryx checkpoint I am trying to get done at some point (only level 308)

Mission is 240, everyone on LFG asks for 300+

As long as people are around 240 or so I don't care.

Edit:

Sending you a party invite.
Thanks again for the help man!

Now who wants to help me do my first trials lol?

Well, if anyone needs a sherpa to get their black spindle or a VoG run, I'm here now.

I also have an HM Oryx checkpoint I am trying to get done at some point (only level 308)
I'm still up for that VoG for the No Time To Explain Quest so I'm down.

stay gold

I think Bungie might have stealth buffed the likelihood of exotics decrypting at 310 under LL 311. Every engram I get recently is a 310.

Also, finally got a Suros Regime :D Come at me Auto Rifle meta.

recks

I can help with the Oryx kill, have 2 more with me.

Running HM Oryx tomorrow night on Xbone. If anyone here wants to join, shoot me a PM. Starting at 8 EST. Players with 311+ light and ToM only.

ori0n378e

I would love to help on VoG, but I'm on call so not going to happen. What newbie raid you doing Thursday, and may I join?

Bungie made the brilliant decision to tie everything up into the HM raid rendering everything else useless, and pointless. Except TOO which I think 10% of all destiny players play.

D: - I heard the strikes were supposed to be more rewarding now. But it sounds like that's not the case T_T

Can't think of any sites to get you up to speed, so I think a quick rundown of things to look for when first starting TTK as a returning player may be useful.

First, rares(blue engrams) are the new legendaries(purple engrams), kind of.

When returning, you will likely be finding blue gear with better stats than your current purple stuff. Just throw the highest level stuff on as soon as you get it for higher chances at even higher level stuff.

In the event of a purple drop, it is likely that it's light level is less than your blue gear. This is where infusion comes into play.
Your blues are now worth keeping around to get purple gear you like up to the higher light levels.

You will of course reach a point where getting gear to infuse is much harder to acquire, and the only way to move forward is the raid, or nightfall drops.

One of the best ways to get quick high level gear is to use the court of Oryx, which requires runes, and an appropriate level to match.

Basically, do the story for TTK, after you have exhausted all story missions, and quests, focus on the court of Oryx.

Once you get to around level 285, you should be ready for your first Kings Fall raid.

Edit: Sorry for the late reply, I was at Ikea waiting on my brother to bring the truck around.

Woot! Thanks this is great. I'm gonna go read up on infusion now.

Also, if Xur is still around and you have the Strange Coins to spare, grab the weapon and armor piece so you have two 280 pieces as soon as you hit level 40. I regret not doing this when Xur had Graviton and Zhalo a few weeks back since I hesitated picking up TTK.

Also, legendary marks get you 280 pieces so I've read that a good early buy with them is the Vanguard Shell. After that I picked up Hung Jury for a strong primary. Seems like gearing up is all about inflating your light level with the biggest numbers which is meh, but I'm still enjoying it playing very causally.

Nice! What are the new PvP weapons to have? Anything similar to the TLW/LDR/Ash Factory combo in year one? I had a perfectly rolled HB too... T_T so sad it's useless now.

Chowder hype! Congrats on the job! Just dive in and hang out here buddy.

Thanks LT!! Yeah I'm gonna start hanging out here again and hopefully get back into the game. I stopped being so active after MGSV came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom