• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

coy

I was in OT reading the Pixar movie ranking thread and noticed Ahsoka then looked at the name to make sure I wasn't seeing things. Had to check in this thread for any reactions and sure enough. Glad to see her back.

the_id

I think I have a problem......
I'm in Melbourne for the weekend, visiting my wife while she's on a course for a few weeks and I brought my PS4 with me!!!!

I think I have a problem guys

Can I try Trials with you guys? I'm not the best at pvp but I wanted to at least try Trials once.

Yeah of course, unless Twilight already has people lined up. I'll play Trials w anyone and everyone especially if there's another seasoned player on the squad.

Personally I always try to prioritize first timers if we can get them there. Mercury is an experience every Destiny player should have at least once.

Need, well I am in if your group doesn't mind me being 308. I know both strategies and everything and can run the relic comfortably.

308 is completely fine for HM Oryx. Especially if you can run while others kill.

Second Wind is such a good perk. Gives you the agility of Mida Multi Tool with the weapon handling of Chain of Woe and the readiness of Quickdraw - all off respawn.

Yeah of course, unless Twilight already has people lined up. I'll play Trials w anyone and everyone especially if there's another seasoned player on the squad.

Personally I always try to prioritize first timers if we can get them there. Mercury is an experience every Destiny player should have at least once.

308 is completely fine for HM Oryx. Especially if you can run while others kill.

Are you doing trials today drizzay?

I don't have anyone just waiting for a teammate.

I'm definitely on board then! Whenever you guys are ready!

GlamFM

Banned

Can I sign up for one of those runs tomorrow? Never been to Mercury.

You'll know why when you see me play pvp...

Nice! What are the new PvP weapons to have? Anything similar to the TLW/LDR/Ash Factory combo in year one? I had a perfectly rolled HB too... T_T so sad it's useless now

Do the Taken War Earth quest line and pick the 1000 Yard Stare sniper as your reward at the end. It's not a god roll but it's damn close and as good a PvP or PvE sniper as you'll need.

You can also get a basically perfect PvP shotgun from another quest line (Conspiracy D w Rangefinder, performance bonus, and range boost in middle column). I think the Vanguard strike quest line?

For heavy just use Truth.

For primary, find a pulse rifle that suits you. You can use Red Death or Bad Juju but lots of people use the Iron Banner pulse Nirwen's Mercy that was sold w a ~God roll during the first IB. Gunsmith has also sold a great Suros PdX-45, Hakke Herja and Hakke Lyudmila. You can buy the Crucible vendor Hawksaw; it doesn't have an ideal roll but it's still good.

The upside of having missed your chance for the best legendary pulse rifles is that the weapon balancing patch is coming in a couple weeks. Nobody knows where the meta will settle
metettle
but odds are good pulses won't be the only game in town anymore.

I think I have a problem......
I'm in Melbourne for the weekend, visiting my wife while she's on a course for a few weeks and I brought my PS4 with me!!!!

I think I have a problem guys

What's the problem? You remembered to bring the PS4! :p

Trakan

I feel bad for people who only get to new Mercury with those rewards. Though I guess it is harder to get there.

deafmedal

You know what I think could be fun, just run all three raids in a row. I'd even use gear appropriate for (from)the old raids, although I suspect finding 5 like-minded guardians might prove difficult... :p

So, uh, raid anyone?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I've been reading up
Gawd Damn @ the changes!

Will be playing a whole new game it looks like
I mean by the time I play will be February the earliest
So more things will change apparently

Did the devs talk about Transmorgification yet?
Would love some diversity and change up different sets and dye them different colors

I'm really getting the itch to play now lol
Willpower is in play to get me there
I used to be sherpa or always constantly giving checkpoints, giving advice, or helping be that extra man for others
Miss talking to you all, that was what I miss about Destiny, the social aspect
I gotta check my characters and stuff I have on my chars, which is best site?
I'm completely ripped away, so when I come back I literally will be a new virgin haha at this

Do have some memories I'll never forget, I can close my eyes and remember doing 5 straight VoG HM back to back from different spots but always to end of Atheon
Being shield whore most of the time

I miss you guys =3
I stayed away as long as possible to not get emotional or invest again while rehabbing, but I can't stay away, the pull is to strong 💪💪💪💪💪
🏃🏃🏃🏃💣💥💣💥💣💥

What I wouldn't do to just launch 1 more Nova Bomb or use my Titans Sunsinger Hammer Time ability for the first time 

so. many. quotes.

I don't have anyone just waiting for a teammate.

sheeeiiiit, all you had to do was ask. I'm chilling in orbit now, transferring weapons.

I'm definitely on board then! Whenever you guys are ready!

Sounds good, I just hopped online and did the daily crucible real quick for warm up. I'm ready whenever.

Drizz kadey and i wanted to play trials with you :S

yeah I know, I'm sorry about that :-/ I wasn't available to play then and couldn't get online until just now. There's never a good way to do a list or have an order for these things. I dunno about Twilight but I'll hopefully have a decent amount of time to do several runs tonight if you two are still looking. We could finish off Kadey's card from yesterday then do a run w you maybe?

Can I sign up for one of those runs tomorrow? Never been to Mercury.

You'll know why when you see me play pvp...

Apparently you've blocked this out but we actually did a couple Trials games way back when it was first on Cauldron during HoW. I want to say Delamarch was our third but could be wrong. We won a couple games but suffice to say it was not quite the Mercury Express, lol. I think you were using Vision of Confluence maybe?

Anyway, like I mentioned to Igor I'm down for multiple runs tonight if we can, or maybe pick it up tomorrow if it gets too late for you EU folk. (edit: just noticed you already mentioned doing it tomorrow, derp)

I feel bad for people who only get to new Mercury with those rewards. Though I guess it is harder to get there.

No kidding, nothing will replace that first weekend when people first discovered it and the thirst was so real to get there. Especially once everyone realized how good the loot was and precious ELight was raining from the sky.

That's always a price to pay for not playing the content on release in an ever-changing game like this. There's literally no way to recapture what VoG felt like at launch, etc. In some ways it's a damn shame but in other ways that's life.

Are you doing trials today drizzay?

Yeah I'll be doing more tonight. Were you still looking for bounties maybe or wanting to take a stab at flawless?

so. many. quotes.
words

I would like a hand in trials with you this weekend whenever you have a chance. Been to Mercury multiple times before. Trying to get back there for an adept scout.

-

Also looking for another trials runner for right now. Just bounties so no real pressure but I would like to win. .

so. many. quotes.

sheeeiiiit, all you had to do was ask. I'm chilling in orbit now, transferring weapons.

Sounds good, I just hopped online and did the daily crucible real quick for warm up. I'm ready whenever.

yeah I know, I'm sorry about that :-/ I wasn't available to play then and couldn't get online until just now. There's never a good way to do a list or have an order for these things. I dunno about Twilight but I'll hopefully have a decent amount of time to do several runs tonight if you two are still looking. We could finish off Kadey's card from yesterday then do a run w you maybe?

Apparently you've blocked this out but we actually did a couple Trials games way back when it was first on Cauldron during HoW. I want to say Delamarch was our third but could be wrong. We won a couple games but suffice to say it was not quite the Mercury Express, lol. I think you were using Vision of Confluence maybe?

Anyway, like I mentioned to Igor I'm down for multiple runs tonight if we can, or maybe pick it up tomorrow if it gets too late for you EU folk. (edit: just noticed you already mentioned doing it tomorrow, derp)

No kidding, nothing will replace that first weekend when people first discovered it and the thirst was so real to get there. Especially once everyone realized how good the loot was and precious ELight was raining from the sky.

That's always a price to pay for not playing the content on release in an ever-changing game like this. There's literally no way to recapture what VoG felt like at launch, etc. In some ways it's a damn shame but in other ways that's life.

Yeah I'll be doing more tonight. Were you still looking for bounties maybe or wanting to take a stab at flawless?

Any chance to learn from the great drizzay is good enough for me

on second thought i think i'm going to get off. for some reason the internet speed here just went way down and i'm lagging again.

i'll reset the router and see if that helps

GutZ31

on second thought i think i'm going to get off. for some reason the internet speed here just went way down and i'm lagging again.

i'll reset the router and see if that helps

Your internet right now.
84832027.gif

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I doubt I'll get any takers, but anybody down for some Omnigul farming?

Standard strat - tether+swords at the bottom of the hill - die, repeat.

stay gold feel free to start without me since I hopped in someone else game. It seems like you have 3, I'm always down for running with you later

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Never taunt after you win a round because repercussions could be severe when we win.

I'm switching to warlock, get two matches there and then hunter for rest of whatever needs to be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom