• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

ch4fx_

Hello DGAF, glad to finally be here. Long time lurker & just found out my account was approved, so naturally the first thing I do is head to the Destiny OT in hopes of adventure... & raid gear.

I briefly played vanilla Destiny, but never even scratched the surface. I think I topped out at light level 22(ish) & never did anything outside of a very few strikes, and some (bad) PVP. I was turned off by the same thing that has turned so may others away from Destiny, the social aspect of the game & the need for a team in order to complete much of the end game content. This was an issue for me because I find that the older I get, the more & more anti-social I become - preferring a single player experience to a multiplayer experience any day. That said, the thought of going on a website, finding a group of strangers & running a raid that is completely new to me, quite frankly - sounds horrifying/intimidating. Especially when you factor in the horror stories from the elitists in (some) LFG/reddit posts.

Fast forward to the release of TTK & I CAN NOT QUIT PLAYING DESTINY. One day, while in the tower, I inspect a random Titan & see (for the first time) a full set of raid gear. Right away, I knew I had a break out of my shell, embrace Destiny for what it is & dive in head first. So, here I am... doing just that.

For the past few weeks I've been watching KF walkthroughs on YouTube, trying to get an idea of what I am getting myself into. What worries me, is that the players im watching are seasoned players, so they make the entire raid look hella easy. Which parts should I worry with/focus on the most? I've watched the jumping puzzles more than anything & feel half way confident in being able to complete them, but I feel like I should focus on other parts since there seems to be a lot of pairing up & timed sequences during boss fights.

I have a Sunbreaker Titan, currently at light level 293. From what I've read, 290+ is acceptable for running the (normal) raid. Is this true? Do i need any specific equipment &/or need any of my equipment to be a certain level? My primary is at 296, while my special & heavy weapons are both at 292. To be more specific, all of my gear is 290+, aside from my artifact - which is 284. How will (should) I fair in a raid? I dont expect to be Denzel Washington in The Equalizer, but id like to hold my own & not have to be carried by the other people in the group.

I look forward to playing with some of you in the future. Please keep in mind that anything that doest have matchmaking is completely new to me, but I am willing & determined to figure all this out. Reading through past OTs, I know people have had some of their greatest gaming experience with Destiny & I hope that turns out to be my story. Cheers!

edit - PSN ID; ch4fx_

I would like a hand in trials with you this weekend whenever you have a chance. Been to Mercury multiple times before. Trying to get back there for an adept scout.

Right on, right on. Yeah hopefully the timing works out either tonight or tomorrow. I like the Trials scout a lot even if I get wrecked most times I use it in Crucible. Hopefully scouts will actually be more viable after the December patch, it's definitely worth tracking down.

I've had at least 8 of them drop between Mercury, packages, and the first week's 7-win reward... but I'm still chasing the Zen Moment Inward Lamp. Could be wrong but I feel like that's the best perk for a full auto, high RoF scout.

GlamFM

Banned
Hello DGAF, glad to finally be here. Long time lurker & just found out my account was approved, so naturally the first thing I do is head to the Destiny OT in hopes of adventure... & raid gear.

I briefly played vanilla Destiny, but never even scratched the surface. I think I topped out at light level 22(ish) & never did anything outside of a very few strikes, and some (bad) PVP. I was turned off by the same thing that has turned so may others away from Destiny, the social aspect of the game & the need for a team in order to complete much of the end game content. This was an issue for me because I find that the older I get, the more & more anti-social I become - preferring a single player experience to a multiplayer experience any day. That said, the thought of going on a website, finding a group of strangers & running a raid that is completely new to me, quite frankly - sounds horrifying/intimidating. Especially when you factor in the horror stories from the elitists in (some) LFG/reddit posts.

Fast forward to the release of TTK & I CAN NOT QUIT PLAYING DESTINY. One day, while in the tower, I inspect a random Titan & see (for the first time) a full set of raid gear. Right away, I knew I had a break out of my shell, embrace Destiny for what it is & dive in head first. So, here I am... doing just that.

For the past few weeks I've been watching KF walkthroughs on YouTube, trying to get an idea of what I am getting myself into. What worries me, is that the players im watching are seasoned players, so they make the entire raid look hella easy. Which parts should I worry with/focus on the most? I've watched the jumping puzzles more than anything & feel half way confident in being able to complete them, but I feel like I should focus on other parts since there seems to be a lot of pairing up & timed sequences during boss fights.

I have a Sunbreaker Titan, currently at light level 293. From what I've read, 290+ is acceptable for running the (normal) raid. Is this true? Do i need any specific equipment &/or need any of my equipment to be a certain level? My primary is at 296, while my special & heavy weapons are both at 292. To be more specific, all of my gear is 290+, aside from my artifact - which is 284. How will (should) I fair in a raid? I dont expect to be Denzel Washington in The Equalizer, but id like to hold my own & not have to be carried by the other people in the group.

I look forward to playing with some of you in the future. Please keep in mind that anything that doest have matchmaking is completely new to me, but I am willing & determined to figure all this out. Reading through past OTs, I know people have had some of their greatest gaming experience with Destiny & I hope that turns out to be my story. Cheers!

edit - PSN ID; ch4fx_

Welcome!

Your LL is perfectly fine. I'm down to help you through your first raid.

Going to bed now. Hit me up tomorrow when you see me around.

Sky Walker

edit - PSN ID; ch4fx_

Welcome to dgaf man, where we do raids and trail then compliant for the bad loot :p

As for KF NM : Even being 280 is enough. Just have good team to play with and a good high impact sniper to help with dps-ing the bosses.

Of course we can help you out. Dgaf is here to help guardians around ;).

phen0m24

Welcome to dgaf man, where we do raids and trail then compliant for the bad loot :p

As for KF NM : Even being 380 is enough. Just have good team to play with and a good high impact sniper to help with dps-ing the bosses.

Sky walker the real elite

:)

Welcome and hit us up whenever

PSN Colonelocorn

GutZ31

edit - PSN ID; ch4fx_
First off,
Welcome to DGAF!

You have met, and slightly exceeded the minimum requirement for kings fall raid.

That being said, your first stop in my opinion would be orientation of what a raid is.
Hawkian does a noob raid at least once a month, and is a fantastic teacher/Sherpa.
If you want to get in the right mindset, running a raid with him may go a long way.

If you just want to skip the old, and jump into the new, you could always post here looking for a group.

I strongly suggest joining a group first to learn the ins and outs of how its all put together.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask by posting here.

Hate playing on my Warlock but I need this armor. So for letting you down right now Kadey :\ let me know if you plan on picking other people up since it is always good to just refresh yourself after some losses

X-Frame

What are the best PvP rolls for Sidearms?

I have a feeling they may be viable in the Special slot after the crazy Shotgun nerfs. I have a couple of them and for the most part they seem to be dropping with very similar rolls.

Haybro

RLUckrB.jpg

Welp, I think it's time to switch out of the sexy clan...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Jesus my characters are so underlevled lol

Warlock is LL 142
Titan is LL 144
Hunter is LL 143

Damn 310 is so far off for me, wouldn't be surprised if LL 350 and level 45 or 50 is the new norm by then haha

I think I have a problem......
I'm in Melbourne for the weekend, visiting my wife while she's on a course for a few weeks and I brought my PS4 with me!!!!

I think I have a problem guys
Nah, you did good. Just say it's for Netflix and cheaper than the hotel PPV film channels

Jesus my characters are so underlevled lol

Warlock is LL 142
Titan is LL 144
Hunter is LL 143

Damn 310 is so far off for me, wouldn't be surprised if LL 350 and level 45 or 50 is the new norm by then haha

It doesn't take that long. Most of us were 290 by the first Friday. Need help, let us know

Losing an 8-0 card feels so bad, especially when they were beatable and their titan beat us when we had all 3 alive and it was himself. Sunbreakers are super damn annoying. 2 body shot snipes didn't kill it ldksfjajflkajksf. If I had LITC eirene like everyone else was using

jwk94

So I'm buying Destiny Tsk legendary edition on psn next Monday. As someone who hasn't played since the game originally came out and briefly visited the reef and did a bounty from the Queen what can I expect? Will I get a lot for my money if I'm not too interested in raids? Is the game still grindy?

Afrocious

So I'm buying Destiny Tsk legendary edition on psn next Monday. As someone who hasn't played since the game originally came out and briefly visited the reef and did a bounty from the Queen what can I expect? Will I get a lot for my money if I'm not too interested in raids? Is the game still grindy?

I can't say for sure since the PvE stuff is more fleshed out than the PvP stuff, and both aren't where they should be.

If you want some cool stuff, mind if we do the refer-a-friend thing?

Make sure you do the refer a friend quests with someone from GAF.

You both get the some exclusive stuff for it, if you complete activities together! Only available for 7 days after you've purchased it.

I'd help, but I'm not a brilliant sherpa, and there's some super, REAL sherpas here who might want to help you out.

OT:

It's got quite a bit more story to it, and you don't have to get sucked in, but really the meat of the game is still the post-game gear chase. It's good fun, and posting here, you're always going to have someone to play with.

Enjoy it, and be open to stuff like the raid/PvP, because it's not as impenetrable as it's made out to be and can supplement the entire experience.

ch4fx_

Welcome to dgaf man
First off,
Welcome to DGAF!

Thank you kind sirs (or madams). It is nice to be amongst like minded individuals who understand the hold Destiny can take on one.

I'm down to help you through your first raid. Hit me up tomorrow when you see me around.

Tomorrow is perfect as I have a headset/mic currently on its way from Amazon, scheduled to arrive tomorrow. I am hoping it shows up earlier rather than later, that way I will have most (if not all) of the afternoon free. Hopefully we can coordinate something tomorrow & get a group together. I will post in here when my mic arrives & I'm ready to see what these raids have to offer.

FYI, im in the States, central time zone. Hopefully timezones are not an issue.

Just have a good high impact sniper to help with dps-ing the bosses.

One of the raid walkthroughs I watched mentioned the 1000 Yard Stare is a good/decent high impact sniper. While I do not have the 1000 YS, the sniper I am currently using has an equal impact rating, I should be fine - right? Or does the 1000 YS have something else I am overlooking that makes it more powerful?

Sky Walker

One of the raid walkthroughs I watched mentioned the 1000 Yard Stare is a good/decent high impact sniper. While I do not have the 1000 YS, the sniper I am currently using has an equal impact rating, I should be fine - right? Or does the 1000 YS have something else I am overlooking that makes it more powerful?

They usually recommend it because it's easy to acquire for everyone from Vanguard Masterquarter and it comes with Triple Tap perk.

I believe Eirene Rr4 is also a choice if you have it. It has the highest impact among the other legendary snipers.

But don't forget that Black Spindle is the best answer for the Warpriest and Golgoroth.

You can have it from today's daily. Don't miss your chance. You still have enough time until the reset.

If you want help with the daily I can give you a hand.

Psn skywalker_3li

Edit : Psn decided not to work for me :/

ch4fx_

But don't forget that Black Spindle is the best answer for the Warpriest and Golgoroth.

You can have it from today's daily. Don't miss your chance.

If you want help with the daily I can give you a hand.

Psn skywalker_3li

I Google'd the Black Spindle quest, so I see what you mean. I'd love to grab that sniper period, not just for the raid. I am about to step out to get dinner, hopefully you will still be online/available when I get back. If not, thanks for the info & for the offer. Ill send you a friend request on PSN once I return.

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Anyone wanna help get a black spindle for my son? Need 1. PSN Cybrwzrd (ps4)

*edit* at the ketch, need one for black spindle please join up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom