• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd360

i beat the final boss in like 4 tries. parry > it

larry and bojack can die in a fire

And then you punch a shadow thing if you happened to notice it and get a final cutscene explaining nothing and then wonder if this is the last boss because your not sure.

SO many BB spoilers in a Destiny thread, SMH

I was starting to wonder if I had accidentally wandered into the Bloodborne thread.

Anyone know if the Elder Cipher drops from 28 Prison of Elders?

Still need two of those exotics

I think you can get the weapons to drop from the large chest at the end. You can also use a legacy engram that Xur sells and hope for the best, the odds don't seem bad.

keakster

The elder cipher is gone, the exotics drop from the big chest now.

I was starting to wonder if I had accidentally wandered into the Bloodborne thread.

I think you can get the weapons to drop from the large chest at the end. You can also use a legacy engram that Xur sells and hope for the best, the odds don't seem bad.

Not on 28 POE.

You're better off getting the engram from Xur I'd wager.

Thanks! I will run a few and see what happens

I think I have a problem......
I'm in Melbourne for the weekend, visiting my wife while she's on a course for a few weeks and I brought my PS4 with me!!!!

I think I have a problem guys

Yes you do :p

Keep that ps4 unpacked, rent a car and take your wife on a road trip to the great ocean road. You won't regret it. PM me if you want any more info.

How long are you in Melbourne for? I'm getting back Tuesday midnight.

NastyBook

Yes you do :p

Keep that ps4 unpacked, rent a car and take your wife on a road trip to the great ocean road. You won't regret it. PM me if you want any more info.

How long are you in Melbourne for? I'm getting back Tuesday midnight.
Don't listen to this guy. Unpack that PS4 and use it as a bludgeon for the Spiders. You can listen to him about all the other stuff, though. Have a fun, spider free, trip.

Don't listen to this guy. Unpack that PS4 and use it as a bludgeon for the Spiders. You can listen to him about all the other stuff, though. Have a fun, spider free, trip.

A PS4 might work for the spiders, but he's probably going to need something bigger to protect him from the Drop Bears.

I think I have a problem......
I'm in Melbourne for the weekend, visiting my wife while she's on a course for a few weeks and I brought my PS4 with me!!!!

I think I have a problem guys

No, you're not.

I went on vacation with my girlfriend when The Taken King came out (I scheduled that vacation months in advance before a TTK release date was announced), to HAWAII. I live in NEBRASKA, as far away from beaches as possible. What did I do? I drove an hour away from my resort to the nearest GameStop to buy a SECOND PlayStation 4 and ANOTHER Destiny + TTK so I can play it for 1 day and not be as far behind.

(I didn't bring my PS4 because the resort pics showed an old CRT TV)

hahaha I have to try not to read them because I just finally started the DLC. Well, I've been playing from the very beginning of NG+ but I finally got to the area where I can start.

I come in here to look for Trials, but instead I run into the Trials of Avoiding Bloodborne Spoilers XD

Sky Walker

Just solod Crota with my Titan "did twice before with my Hunter". Went back to Orbit. Suddenly, a wild ghorn appeared!

:" ( I miss this beast

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
From reddit: How to have fun in trials

"Step 1: Have one player be a Nightstalker with double invisible smoke.

Step 2: Repeat Step 1.

Step 3: Have your third player be a Striker Titan wearing Peregrine Greaves or Mk. 44 Stand Asides. A thirst for shoulder charging is a must.

Step 4: Both hunters run with the Titan and keep him invisible while he shoulder charges the whole team to death.

Seriously though, some of the most fun I've had. We were just trying to finish up a Gold Tier bounty and wanted to mess around. Ended up getting 3 straight wins. 10/10 I highly recommend."

From reddit: How to have fun in trials

"Step 1: Have one player be a Nightstalker with double invisible smoke.

Step 2: Repeat Step 1.

Step 3: Have your third player be a Striker Titan wearing Peregrine Greaves or Mk. 44 Stand Asides. A thirst for shoulder charging is a must.

Step 4: Both hunters run with the Titan and keep him invisible while he shoulder charges the whole team to death.

Seriously though, some of the most fun I've had. We were just trying to finish up a Gold Tier bounty and wanted to mess around. Ended up getting 3 straight wins. 10/10 I highly recommend."

Yea, one of the dumbest games I had today was versus 2 shotgunning nightstalkers that'd go invis every round.

NastyBook

A PS4 might work for the spiders, but he's probably going to need something bigger to protect him from the Drop Bears.
Had to look this up, because I was thinking "Wow, I've never even heard of these things before." Turn out they aren't real. LOL Who needs to make up dangerous animals/insects for Australia? That's like imagining a nuke that can shoot mini nukes while still in the air. It is a funny name, though.
Still looking for help with Black Spindle.... At the ketch PSN Cybrwzrd
Got enough ppl?

WoW's had a ton of expansions and I think Destiny's had more OT's than it has.

I think I'll call the next OT "Destiny Is Not Wow." Double meaning for our current lethargy and as a reminder that Destiny is not WoW /s

But honesty I just mentioned the expansions as an acknowledgement that Destiny doesn't fit a traditional model of a "singular game." It's not WoW but it's also not Halo. Whatever it is still hasn't been established firmly. If/when "Destiny 2" officially arrives we might have a clearer context, but so far it's been this ever expanding/changing/semi-amorphous blob creature (for better and worse).

It's always kind of irked me when people compared Destiny to WoW or expected/wanted WoW-like changes to Destiny. Destiny is not WoW and it never will be. Destiny does not really have a ton in common with any particular game genre. If I had to describe it I'd say it's a cooperative shooter with an emphasis on replaying content.

Smiley90

The armor is so boring. The only difference is appearance and it's barely even visible. I don't know what's stopping bungie from introducing hilarious/unique modifiers only applicable to PvE.

daedalius

It's always kind of irked me when people compared Destiny to WoW or expected/wanted WoW-like changes to Destiny. Destiny is not WoW and it never will be. Destiny does not really have a ton in common with any particular game genre. If I had to describe it I'd say it's a cooperative shooter with an emphasis on replaying content.

eh, it has a lot in common with WoW and Diablo. Probably moreso with WoW given the raiding paradigm.

WoW's had a ton of expansions and I think Destiny's had more OT's than it has.

Well, in WoW you have in-game tools to get groups.

agreed I'm not a fan of these comparisons

especially when they try to compare the frequency of updates between the games.. i imagine its a lot harder to balance and create content for a first person shooter than a top down point and click

Smiley90

anyone wanna run trials for at least a 5+ win run?

if destiny was more like diablo, it would be a better borderlands and i wouldn't complain about anything

Heck, make the loot more like borderlands and it'd be a better borderlands. But I whole-heartedly agree. I even said that in a post a few pages ago, I wish the loot was more like Diablo post-revamp.

especially when they try to compare the frequency of updates between the games.. i imagine its a lot harder to balance a first person shooter than a top down point and click

Things WoW and Destiny are alike-
Multiple classes for each...class
Refer a friend
Raiding with Weekly lock outs
Hard Mode Raiding
Gear levels
Usually months between patches

Also, it's probably alot harder to balance a game like WoW or Diablo than it is Destiny. I mean, most the balancing we've seen with destiny is tinkering with numbers on weapons.

Pretty happy with my intro to trials this weekend.

5-3 on my Titan last night and 5-3 on my Hunter today. Can definitely see myself getting flawless in the future with some more practice.

Wasn't excited when I saw what the map was but actually found it to be quite good for 3v3.

If Destiny was a MMO, we'd have no loot problems and the pvp would be better imho

How would being an mmo help with Pvp

eh, it has a lot in common with WoW and Diablo. Probably moreso with WoW given the raiding paradigm.

Outside of raids how much does it have in common with WoW other than stuff like replayability and cooperative stuff? As for Diablo the parallel I see drawn by most people is loot, but they are dramatically different in terms of loot systems.

especially when they try to compare the frequency of updates between the games.. i imagine its a lot harder to balance and create content for a first person shooter than a top down point and click

Yeah, the level of detail and polish needed for a 3d explorable space is so different than a top down perspective. Factor in subscription vs. one time purchase and it's even more unreasonable to expect similar update output.

Things WoW and Destiny are alike-
Multiple classes for each...class
Refer a friend
Raiding with Weekly lock outs
Hard Mode Raiding
Gear levels
Usually months between patches

Also, it's probably alot harder to balance a game like WoW or Diablo than it is Destiny. I mean, most the balancing we've seen with destiny is tinkering with numbers on weapons.

Outside of the raid stuff those are super minor similarities. Remember too that raiding is only a big part of Destiny for us because we're the 1% of the 1%. Most people who bought Destiny rarely if ever raid.

What outside of changing numbers is done for balance within WoW or Diablo?

Strider

I seriously might get Destiny 2 on XB1 simply for the controller. The more I use the DS4 the more I hate it... Especially the Thumbsticks and how they lose their grip so easily.

Same thing happened with the PS3 tho. I hated the DS3 so much I eventually couldn't play anything on that system because it would just annoy me :/ Tried a couple 3rd party controllers but they sucked too.

Outside of the raid stuff those are super minor similarities. Remember too that raiding is only a big part of Destiny for us because we're the 1% of the 1%. Most people who bought Destiny rarely if ever raid.

What outside of changing numbers is done for balance within WoW or Diablo?

Frame speeds for animations, distances regarding spells, movement speeds, balance on hundreds of skills. I believe that PvP and PvE are balanced differently iirc. Not to mention the raid gear tends to provide special bonuses for classes(I believe one of the Mage Draenor sets would make an ice boulder fall on enemies when a certain skill was used) and these have to be balanced relevant to party compositions and the classes themselves.

I mean, Destiny is kinda barebones in terms of balance difficulty when compared to WoW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom