• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ji66a-Man

Wait, here's something on topic. How's the sparrow? Did you get all the rewards like the dances and the sword?

RAF sparrow's base speed is faster than either raid sparrow and it's indestructible. I forget which step rewards a 200 LL sword, but you have to pay the Speaker 15 motes of light to receive it. After you buy it from the speaker, the rest of the RAF swords can be purchased from Shaxx for 15 planetary materials + 15 legendary marks. I have the new emotes, but they don't auto-sync. The Infinite Link shader looks good on Hunters and Titans, but has the same digi-camo effect like Thunderdevil on Warlocks.

Edit: Obligatory top of page gif
s6eeWlP.gif

Me too. It's important to remember DGAF is a place for Destiny discussion, not talking about other posters or other games, etc. When the game is this slow, some off-topic stuff is healthy but it needs to stay positive and in moderation.

I'm always paranoid about "staying on task" ever since what happened to HaloGaf. New content will keep this place humming along fine, but everyone needs to be mindful during these dry seasons.

I don't think DGAF has to worry about being shut down for the foreseeable future. Any quarrels between members are dispersed fairly quickly or handled elsewhere. At this point, the regulars are familiar with one another to know when we're acting out of character and call that out, so a few spats shouldn't be taken to heart. I don't see the thread being unwelcoming to anybody either unless they find themselves in the middle of that "drama" (or perhaps if they're not on PS4).

I'd say a bit of off topic discussion is fine during downtime. It's a Destiny thread first and foremost, but at this point the community on GAF is part of that and i think it's healthy for its members to share what else they may be up to.

And when it comes to Destiny, a lot of discussion about other games like Diablo, WoW and Halo usually ends up being relevant. Going into detail about a different game entirely however isn't quite the same thing, especially when they have current OTs up and running.

Bradach

Myself and a real life buddy met up with our destiny clan for poker and beer last night. There were 7 of us (all from Dublin).
We met through this game and played lots of raids together over the past 6 months. It was weird to put a real face to those voices. Good fun was had by all.
So, thanks destiny!

Myself and a real life buddy met up with our destiny clan for poker and beer last night. There were 7 of us (all from Dublin).
We met through this game and played lots of raids together over the past 6 months. It was weird to put a real face to those voices. Good fun was had by all.
So, thanks destiny!

That sounds awesome. Tell your friends to get GAF accounts :)

Now that i've had a taste of trials i'm annoyed I am going away for the next two weeks. Want more trials next weekend but I will be slaving away on a mine site.

Money is helpful though I suppose.

Now that i've had a taste of trials i'm annoyed I am going away for the next two weeks. Want more trials next weekend but I will be slaving away on a mine site.

Money is helpful though I suppose.

It's so addictive isn't it?

Also, 5-3 was a good start, but it really was just the tip of the iceberg, being your first set of Trials Passes.

It's amazing how much you improve as your learn the map, associated tactics and choke points. Wish I could have played more with you yesterday, Trials is seriously fun.

________

Despite it being quite close quarters, the most success I've had with a sniper is this weeks Trials. I think I'm starting to like it. Been playing plain old Crucible this week with the Eirene and been getting okay, even started to use it a bit close quarters too.

It's all about feeling confident with it. And mid/close quarters it can work the same as a grenade, before switching to your primary, just to gain the upper hand. Even a sloppy body shot will take a fair bit of health, swap out and finish them with the Pulse Rifle.

phen0m24

the amount of money i've already spent on DS4 controllers can buy another PS4. sigh

and Unstable's gone through 8 of them lol

Bought one from Best Buy for 39.99 and picked up the 2 year warranty for like $9 on someone's recommendation.

If it bites the dust it will be replaced.

What changes do you guys think will happen with dropping 360/ps3 versions from Destiny 2? Just picked up TTK for $40, grind starts later!

X-Frame

What's the consensus on the best vendor sniper to pick up for PvP?

I heard good things about the New Monarchy sniper but I also heard all Hakke snipers have misaligned scopes.

Ive no idea what's going on but have had 3 spare changes drop today, last one has got headseeker, braced frame and glass half full

CU_JRI7WEAATg0g.png

42 Max Crit, 41 with Glass Half Full

What's the consensus on the best vendor sniper to pick up for PvP?

I heard good things about the New Monarchy sniper but I also heard all Hakke snipers have misaligned scopes.

New Monarchy is decent. It has very high aim assist (surprise!) and the vendor version has a good PvP roll. But it's in the Defiance of Yasmin impact tier so it can't revive snipe. Worth grabbing if you've got marks to burn.

But the best PvP sniper you can get without RNG is the 1000 Yard Stare quest reward from Taken War: Earth quest line. Shortgaze + Rifled Barrel is damn good, plus Last Resort can be a nice boost in a sweaty Trials round. Firefly isn't perfect for PvP but sometimes you get collateral damage kills or it does enough damage to let you body shot the second guy.

I haven't gotten a 1kYS God roll by any means, but even ones w Hidden Hand or Hot Swap don't feel noticeably better. I always end up back with good ol' reliable quest 1kYS.

stay gold

The Vendor 1k stare isn't optimal for pvp but I did alright with it, as I couldn't be bothered to do the quest for the good one.

If you play Hunter the Stillpiercer is the best (easily accessible) option imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom