• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stillpiercer has snapshot and the sights aren't that bad.

Questline 1k stare is good for PvP, the vendor one is more suited to PvE activities. Hoping the cryptarch lottery will give me a better roll 1k stare for PvP but I can't see that happening anytime soon.

New Monarchy is decent. It has very high aim assist (surprise!) and the vendor version has a good PvP roll. But it's in the Defiance of Yasmin impact tier so it can't revive snipe. Worth grabbing if you've got marks to burn.

But the best PvP sniper you can get without RNG is the 1000 Yard Stare quest reward from Taken War: Earth quest line. Shortgaze + Rifled Barrel is damn good, plus Last Resort can be a nice boost in a sweaty Trials round. Firefly isn't perfect for PvP but sometimes you get collateral damage kills or it does enough damage to let you body shot the second guy.

I haven't gotten a 1kYS God roll by any means, but even ones w Hidden Hand or Hot Swap don't feel noticeably better. I always end up back with good ol' reliable quest 1kYS.

But how is rifled barrel useful in pvp? Skyshock must be the only map big enough for the range to matter so you miss a kill you would have gotten otherwise

Ive no idea what's going on but have had 3 spare changes drop today, last one has got headseeker, braced frame and glass half full

CU_JRI7WEAATg0g.png

42 Max Crit, 41 with Glass Half Full

You lucky so-and-so, daaamn. I've gotten maybe 4 total Crucible weapon drops since TTK launched. All I really wanted was a Counterbalance-Braced/Hand Spare Change. Instead it's been NL Shadows and that stupid fusion rifle. Snake Face. Whatever it's called, it sucks.

Did another Mercury hype run w Maomao this morning (and Sentinal in your spot), that lucky so-and-so got one of the pimp new Trials shaders. All I want is that ugly Scarab emblem so I can wear it once then never again like the Moments of Triumph.

v1perz53

Aw man, I wanted to use Refer a Friend with my brother, but apparently he played destiny on his profile once or twice on my PS4 a month or so ago, and now it is saying he isn't eligible cause he is already a Destiny player, despite not owning the game. Seems dumb but I guess it is to account for physical game owners.

stay gold

Why? Aim assist on 1000 YS is noticeably higher.

Not sure, I just feel quicker with Stillpiercer.

It's got a nice low zoom scope, snapshot (which is awesome with bladedancers quickdraw), and gives the high-res radar to the other Hunter classes.

As I say though, i've not used the 1k that everyone likes, just the Vendor.

Did another Mercury hype run w Maomao this morning (and Sentinal in your spot), that lucky so-and-so got one of the pimp new Trials shaders. All I want is that ugly Scarab emblem so I can wear it once then never again like the Moments of Triumph.

This is why I need you for a Mercury try! Been getting to 5-7 wins no problem with random groups, but it seems the real loot (shaders, emblems) only drops from higher win totals.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
You lucky so-and-so, daaamn. I've gotten maybe 4 total Crucible weapon drops since TTK launched. All I really wanted was a Counterbalance-Braced/Hand Spare Change. Instead it's been NL Shadows and that stupid fusion rifle. Snake Face. Whatever it's called, it sucks.

Doing anymore carri...er, runs today? ;D

Any more games later today? I would love to play with you, or to sign up for next week!

X-Frame

Got my second Eyasluna today, not so great perks though. Spray & Play, Smallbore, and Life Support, eh.

Could be worse though, there are tons of new shitty perks introduced in TTK.

E92 M3

I would pay 20 dollars for Bungie to bring Praedyth's Timepiece to Y2. Decided to dust it off last night and didn't go below a 2.0 for 4 hours. Syncs with my playstyle very well.

Need to farm a Grasp pronto.

I would pay 20 dollars for Bungie to bring Praedyth's Timepiece to Y2. Decided to dust it off last night and didn't go below a 2.0 for 4 hours. Syncs with my playstyle very well.

Need to farm a Grasp pronto.

I've been trying to farm one solo. If you wanna team up id be down

This is why I need you for a Mercury try! Been getting to 5-7 wins no problem with random groups, but it seems the real loot (shaders, emblems) only drops from higher win totals.

Doing anymore carri...er, runs today? ;D

Any more games later today? I would love to play with you, or to sign up for next week!

Headed to Colts game in about an hour, but Twilight and me were gonna fire up the Express again hopefully around ~5pm est assuming I'm home by then. Not sure how long I (or he) can go tonight but I'm hoping we can get a good number of runs done. We'll do as much as we can, for sure. We don't have a list since we learned our lesson originally w Stabie's train but I'm sure we can eventually run with all you fine folks.

But don't count on me for shaders or scarab emblems. I have exactly 0 of the new loots to my name. I've noticed more shaders dropping in the last couple weeks, I've never seen a damn scarab drop.

Headed to Colts game in about an hour, but Twilight and me were gonna fire up the Express again hopefully around ~5pm est assuming I'm home by then. Not sure how long I (or he) can go tonight but I'm hoping we can get a good number of runs done. We'll do as much as we can, for sure. We don't have a list since we learned our lesson originally w Stabie's train but I'm sure we can eventually run with all you fine folks.

But don't count on me for shaders or scarab emblems. I have exactly 0 of the new loots to my name. I've noticed more shaders dropping in the last couple weeks, I've never seen a damn scarab drop.

I would love to join you guys around 5pm est. :) Let me know if that is possible. Also enjoy the game

Namikaze1

I feel like doing Trials later.

Also, I killed Gaf. :(

Poor Gaf. Head exploded after a well placed shot.

There is...well was an NPC named Gaf in Fallout.
Okay his name was really Gaff with two Fs. Whatever!

It's simply the cycle of life or death. Destiny will live, we will die. And then we will live, and Destiny will die.

We're stuck to destiny, forever.

When? I messaged Todd and Afro about playing today. Todd got back to me. I can play whenever. I am about to eat something but I'm good then.

Namikaze1

It's simply the cycle of life or death. Destiny will live, we will die. And then we will live, and Destiny will die.

We're stuck to destiny, forever.
The Circle of Life.

Fuck. Now the song is stuck in my head. Why, me? Why?

When? I messaged Todd and Afro about playing today. Todd got back to me. I can play whenever. I am about to eat something but I'm good then.
I am up whenever. Just currently doing some mindless Minutemen quests. (seriously, Bethesda, let me have an option of not picking these stupid quests automatically from Preston.)

The Circle of Life.

Fuck. Now the song is stuck in my head. Why, me? Why?

I am up whenever. Just currently doing some mindless Minutemen quests. (seriously, Bethesda, let me have an option of not picking these stupid quest automatically from Preston.)

Todd said 20 mins from now. See you then.

That'd be sweet if theres room for me. Enjoy the game.

Before today I'd had two legendary weapons, a Party Crasher and an Ash Factory both trash.

Ive had a stressful time of it of late so have been rolling solo just to blow of steam, which showed in my scrubby 3s play, hopefully come Decembers patch I can get back into it

On the tail end of the PR meta. You have become Destiny.

It could be the outlier, should still hit for 37/38

Deku Tree

Why did Poshy quit?

@WtfisPoshy: I've decided to quit streaming please unsub if you're subbed, thank you. Check your PMS on twitch for the explanation.

bitsurugi

Ironically, i had more fun soloing (technically it wasn't solo, since i had my alt on ''stand by'' in the game) HM CE, then last few weeks in KF HM.

Dropped me a Crux, sadly for the wrong account :_
Also, no exotic drops, boooo.

Levelling an alt account made me realize:
- it's bloody hard to start from scratch (no strange coins to buy from Xur), no planetary mats, no Y1 exotics to easily convert to Y2 from blueprints, no weapon/armor parts to level up gear...

- it's bloody fun to do it, since you are SUPER happy for ANY exotics

- old content is kinda relevant again (highest chances to get Y1 exotics, which you can convert to Y2)

- NF reward sux. Guess what i got from NF? Yep, competitive ghost. Yep, 290.

- reputation is insanely hard to grind from 0, esp for factions. Forget an early Hung Jury. Need dat rank3.

- pvp is easy as hell. You get matchmake to some poor dudes, which can't even revive. Getting ridiculous KD's in those dailies, even with blue weapons. On my main i always get 2 bad ppl to be carried, here i don't. Guess what? It's fun!

- grind to 300 takes time :=)

All that said: i wouldn't mind to discuss the idea of Destiny Seasonal characters. Due to the lack of content, i would love a system similar to what Diablo3 has now for seasons/non seasons. HC ppl would have something to do, while who doesn't like this wouldn't have to do it.
Dunno if the current Destiny population is enough for a split tho. Still, try a new account, it's actually more fun, then playing with the current account, which has everything.

Newduck

Trying to get some level 300+ Gear. At 294 now. Bit confused on what is the next step. Not done Raids before.

What are the best things to start? Not even sure where to find help for Raids/Nightfalls. LFG stuff seems complicated and not that friendly for those starting out with it

ori0n378e

Can we buy armor materials like we can buy weopon parts? If so, where?

Also, is there anything I can put my Spinmetal to, trade/buy with?

If anyone here on Xbox One is interested in a HM Oryx kill tonight at 8 EST, shoot me a PM. Experienced players over 311 light with Touch of Malice only, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom