• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Todd soloing those few rounds were the highlight of the run.

I felt I almost cost us that one match where I got a phone call. Mom's trying to tell me what to cook and here I am trying to play. That same match I ended up wasting my super trying to crouch. Mixed up the control scheme, thought I was playing Fallout for a moment there.
Anyway, I am surprised no one came and teabag us. Yeah, there were some that dance (I believe just two teams and it was mostly just one guy doing it on those teams) but yeah, no teabagging.

No way man. You did great! I was just the fodder and call out guy lol

Too much Fallout lately! I forgot how squishy you can be in Destiny.

Edit Top of Page: DGAF is the best. Nuff said.

Was going to help out until I saw this.

I've killed hard oryx many times without a touch. In fact, I've killed him a few runs with only 3/6 people having a touch. It's not necessary.

If youre confident in your ability to do Hard Oryx, that's good enough for me. I've just had bad luck trying to put together groups capable of doing it. We clear the rest of the raid with ease and then Oryx makes a lot of random that I recruit quake in their boots so setting some sort of standard seems necessary. But you make a good point, ToM isn't a requirement.

I've never used Scouts in PvP so was struggling with the Scout part of Shaxx quest using inward lamp and the jade rabbit, then I remembered I had Mida
68175.png
Could be my go to when it drops again, its miles ahead of any of the other Scouts

Edit and after Drizzay saying he did it and being on the arse end of it, max strength and invis bombs is hella fun/cheap. Wheres my year 2 Kehpris Sting Luke?

Trakan

I have a bone to pick.

Why the fuck is it so easy to disable the relic in Salvage? And why the fuck does it give as many points as finishing up the relic deployment?

Shit is stupid.

Oh yeah, salvage can be rage inducing. The timer stops when the enemy is dismantling too, so they can dismantle fully with 1 second left. It's a terribly thought out gametype.

I have a bone to pick.

Why the fuck is it so easy to disable the relic in Salvage? And why the fuck does it give as many points as finishing up the relic deployment?

Shit is stupid.

Disable timer definitely needs to be extended, if not doubled. I think it's ~4 seconds now, too easy to sneaky-Pete without even needing some relic control.

But you only get 450 points for a dismantle compared to 600 for a capture (plus another 100-300 for the deployment). Teams should make sure all 3 players are in the zone to get all 300 cap points.

Or let the other team cap then get easy kills and dismantle. The worst blueberry play is to cap it solo then immediately die and give them the dismantle.

Oh yeah, salvage can be rage inducing. The timer stops when the enemy is dismantling too, so they can dismantle fully with 1 second left. It's a terribly thought out gametype.

Yeah it's like...I could've sworn back in vanilla the timer took alot more. But you literally stand there for 3 seconds and it disarms, while it takes like 10 seconds to capture and then a minute to go through it.

Trakan

Yep, in the ship kiosk next to Amanda Holliday. There's the old Draught and then another Trials ship that says something about "reward for flawless passage" or something.

Apparently the raid ship and the new trials ship are goofed.

Ah, Bungie's definition of a "new" ship, a reskin. Now that I'm looking at the kiosk, none of the crucible ships drop either.

Good work sir. We demand Bungie #MOTW

Sadly the Reddit police have apparently already taken it down for whatever reason.

you have to tag a post with flair after yo post it or it'll be auto removed. it's in the bottom right corner of the topic and you select the relevant option [media in this case]

If youre confident in your ability to do Hard Oryx, that's good enough for me. I've just had bad luck trying to put together groups capable of doing it. We clear the rest of the raid with ease and then Oryx makes a lot of random that I recruit quake in their boots so setting some sort of standard seems necessary. But you make a good point, ToM isn't a requirement.

Yeah I understand. We try to stay away from those requirements here but sometimes if you've been struggling then it's nice to get it done. If you're short a man, feel free to send me a message on livr, same name as gaf and I'll help if I'm not doing trials

k man thanks for the offer to help me.. but some awesome gaffer just straight traded.. me...

😘

least we psn friends now..☺️

Nice glad someone was able to come thru! May the good blood keep guiding you

Is there ever a DGAF legacy Raid run?

Ever a Crota one?

I never played the expansions, but now I have them I'd like to. Did Atheon on Normal and Hard in year 1, never touched Crota.

Karl2177

Hi all. So I uninstalled the game a couple weeks after TTK came out. Didn't really like the new infusing system. Wasn't a fan of the raid, specifically Golgoroth. I figured, the rebalance update is coming out soon and I should be a little more versed in what's changed. I've read the update every week, but I'm out of the loop on a lot of things. So here's what I want to know:
-What weapons does the current meta favor(PvE and PvP)?
-What Exotics are out in the wild and how do I get them(I know of Black Spindle, but what else)?
-Is armor and weapon leveling still slow as balls?
-Is there still a lack of single player content? I know most of the Strikes are a lot more team focused now and it made it awful to play alone.
-Is there any new content? Like legitimate content, not quest garbage.

Is there ever a DGAF legacy Raid run?

Ever a Crota one?

I never played the expansions, but now I have them I'd like to. Did Atheon on Normal and Hard in year 1, never touched Crota.

Hawkian rotates through all 3 raids with his newbie runs so you could sign up for the next CE one. Honestly the Bridge encounter is the only part of CE that makes sense for 6 people.

It's much more fun to solo or duo that raid nowadays. Not to mention it's gotta be real rough to find 5 other people who'd want to run CE. Although it only takes about 20 minutes...

you have to tag a post with flair after yo post it or it'll be auto removed. it's in the bottom right corner of the topic and you select the relevant option [media in this case]

So what you're saying is... Colonel was the screb? o_O

I tried to trim out my viewpoint of that epic play but something screwed up when Share Factory was supposed to export. I deleted the original video before realizing the trimmed version didn't work, so it's gone forever ;_;

I wanted to make an epic version with all 3 of our perspectives...

Hi all. So I uninstalled the game a couple weeks after TTK came out. Didn't really like the new infusing system. Wasn't a fan of the raid, specifically Golgoroth. I figured, the rebalance update is coming out soon and I should be a little more versed in what's changed. I've read the update every week, but I'm out of the loop on a lot of things. So here's what I want to know:
-What weapons does the current meta favor(PvE and PvP)?

The current meta in PvE favors Scout Rifles, High Impact Sniper Rifles and Swords or Machine Guns. Zhalo Supercell and Ace of Spades are good Exotics for trash mobs. Touch of Malice is heavily favored for the Raid encounters. Black Spindle is always helpful.

• The current meta in PvP proper heavily favors Pulse Rifles. Can't go wrong with any of these.
    d624e304744c49cd90689c61ec11d853.png

• Occasionally a few Scout Rifles will make an appearance - Hung Jury (Dead Orbit vendor), Tlaloc, Jade Rabbit, and Mida Multi Tool, which will be more prevalent next month with its Year Two version.
  • Hawkmoon is the most prominent Hand Cannon and you'll see the occasional Ace of Spades. Not may players are running The Last Word but it shows up more often in Trials. I've seen 3 Thorns since September.
  • The only competitive Auto Rifles are Zhalo Supercell and Monte Carlo
  • Secondaries are dominated by high aim assist, high impact Snipers - The 1000 Yard Stare, Defiance of Yasmin (Raid), Stillpiercer, Eirene RR4, Glass Promontory and Weyloran's March.
  • Shotguns favor Invective, The Chaperone, Conspiracy Theory D, Patch A and Silence of A'arm.
  • Heavies depends on the map. Some maps you'll see people switch to Rockets with Grenades and Horseshoes (especially Truth). Other maps you'll see Machine Guns dominate - Ruin Wake or the Raid machine gun are the most popular choices.

As for the subclasses, it's fairly even in my experiences, with Defenders being prominent in the Raid and scarce in PvP (as usual). You'll encounter teams trying to run triple Sunbreakers or Stormcallers spec'd with high Intellect, but there's enough diversity otherwise. The best PvP class of the new ones is probably the Stormcaller, with Nightstalkers dominating PvE.

-What Exotics are out in the wild and how do I get them(I know of Black Spindle, but what else)?
  • No Time To Explain is a Pulse Rifle and requires several trips to the Vault of Glass
  • Sleeper Simulant is a heavy Fusion Rifle (Spartan Laser) involves replaying old missions and hunting Public Events
  • Boolean Gemini is a Scout Rifle that you get from a quest from Variks and put in your vault afterwards.
  • The three class Exotics - Fabian Strategy (Titan Auto Rifle), Tlaloc (Warlock Scout Rifle) and Ace of Spades (Hunter Hand Cannon) are available at Rank 3 from the Gunsmith. You rank up by doing weekly armsday tests or finding all the legendary Pulse Rifle shards out in the wild (which you'll need for the Sleeper quest.
  • The First Curse is a Hand Cannon - the functional opposite of The Last Word - and requires you to rank up your Gunsmith to rank 5 before completing an excruciatingly dull PvP quest to get it. Just wait till they patch it next month.
  • The Chaperone is an Exotic Shotgun where you take The Last Word into PvP and get a bunch of killing sprees. There are tricks with equipping the weapon to make it less painful but it's doable if you're good.
  • Touch of Malice unlocks after a lengthy quest from Eris. You have to find 45 Calcified Fragments on the Dreadnaught, some of which require playing the Raid or Court of Oryx and others require puzzles.

Zhalo Supercell (Auto Rifle), Hereafter (Sniper Rifle), The Jade Rabbit (Scout Rifle/PS4 only), Telesto (Fusion Rifle) and a few others are all RNG Exotics. I'm probably missing one or two.

-Is armor and weapon leveling still slow as balls?
You can throw Motes of Light into any gear you're wearing to level it up. It takes around ~50 Motes to level an armor piece and considerably less for a weapon. It's pretty slow otherwise unless you chain a lot of bounties or telemetries.

-Is there still a lack of single player content? I know most of the Strikes are a lot more team focused now and it made it awful to play alone.
-Is there any new content? Like legitimate content, not quest garbage.

The only physical content they have added to the game since release is a PvP map - the Cathedral of Dusk - to coincide with the Halloween festival from last month. The rest of the added content have been Emotes, Gear or Quests.

There are more quests than there were when TTK launched, but no new physical PvE content aside from a few small locations the quests have opened up. The new quests will take you across the new content and some of the old content to complete the objectives.

The Infusion system was only bad when Legendary marks (and later weapon parts) were scarce. Once you're swimming in those - you can buy weapon parts now - the Infusion system takes a backseat. From 170 to 300 Light, almost every drop you get is going to raise your level or the level of the Legendary gear you want to keep - especially if you're equipping your best gear before decrypting items at the Cryptarch. You can reach 310 Light without doing the Raid (through Trials of Osiris or Iron Banner), or you can hit 310 more reliably than Normal by doing the Hard mode up to Oryx. If you're trying to hit 320 or beyond, you'll be at the mercy of RNG, although it's more forgiving in the PvP activities.

The balance update is moreso for PvP, although it will add two new Exotics as well as several old Exotics with a few new perks into the Loot pool (among other things most likely).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shader seems to be dropping a lot this week so maybe they finally released it. Did not see it prior to this week.

Karl2177

Cool cool. A couple more questions.
-What is the best item manager out there? I was using Tower Ghost, but it became slow as hell. I saw Bungie had an official one, but when I looked at it, it was in beta.
-What should I do with some of my old armors and weapons that still have broken perks on them, like my H&G + tripod Ash Factory?
-What are some of the better perks for each weapon type? I see my decreased hotgun spread perk is now Surrounded.

Good God. I got a tower invite to raid and joined against my better judgment. I tried helping randoms but what's the point if people won't try and listen to direction. I was by no means trying to have everyone do what I wanted but after a while, everyone yelling over each other with no actual idea of how to clear encounters gets tiring.

Afrocious

I'm still working on my loot tracker app, but I feel I'm getting close to stringing up something together that can at least be tested within a month or so.

Would anyone be interested in testing it out when I get to that stage? Chances are it'll be a chrome app, though I've never made a chrome app before lol.

Cool cool. A couple more questions.
-What is the best item manager out there? I was using Tower Ghost, but it became slow as hell. I saw Bungie had an official one, but when I looked at it, it was in beta.
-What should I do with some of my old armors and weapons that still have broken perks on them, like my H&G + tripod Ash Factory?
-What are some of the better perks for each weapon type? I see my decreased hotgun spread perk is now Surrounded.

Probably not the best person to ask for either of these. I've used Tower Ghost on Google Chrome for a while and it's done what it's needed to, although the official app is probably faster now. It shouldn't be in beta anymore.

Yea they removed Shot Package to try to fix the Shotgun problem, but obviously that didn't work. They're supposed to be tweaking the perk to reintroduce it later.

I don't think they've said anything about weapons with broken perks beyond the Black Spindle. It's possible that will be patched next month too (Firefly on the Vanity Hand Cannon still crashes the game for some so they're probably looking into that as well).

Think a lot of their focus currently is on the PvP, but the Raid challenge modes are coming out soon so that's where the PvE end game will be focused. Nightfall is still more or less useless.

I'm still working on my loot tracker app, but I feel I'm getting close to stringing up something together that can at least be tested within a month or so.

Would anyone be interested in testing it out when I get to that stage? Chances are it'll be a chrome app, though I've never made a chrome app before lol.

sounds fun

don't hack me

and I'll do it

So what you're saying is... Colonel was the screb? o_O

I tried to trim out my viewpoint of that epic play but something screwed up when Share Factory was supposed to export. I deleted the original video before realizing the trimmed version didn't work, so it's gone forever ;_;

I wanted to make an epic version with all 3 of our perspectives...

Yea Colonel dun goofed.

That sucks. All you gotta do is trim the clip in your Capture Gallery and copy it to a USB drive. If you don't have one, the PS4 can upload it Youtube, Twitter or Facebook. No need to go through Sharefactory.

Shader seems to be dropping a lot this week so maybe they finally released it. Did not see it prior to this week.

Definitely seems to be dropping more, I don't remember anyone getting them back on Bannerfall. But Gunnerz and Rubenov got them at least as far back as Exodus Blue.

Of course I'm just salty because I'm shader-less.

If i had to rank the Trials maps so far

Exodus Blue

(big gap)

Pantheon
Burning Shrine
Black Shield
Anomaly
Widow's Court

Didn't play Firebase Delphi, Rusted Lands, Cauldron or Thieves' Den (dodged that bullet).

I don't like Sniper fests, cluttered flat maps or maps with a lot of hallways. Pantheon was an exception for some reason; as much as I disliked it the weekend it was up, I found myself preferring it to the maps that came afterwards. It was also the only time I played as a Warlock in PvP.

Deku Tree

I just did a major equipment purge... I was overfull... Even dismantled my LITC sniper because eh... But I am saving boots to infuse my bones of Eao to 314 or higher as soon as I can buy them from the kiosk. Please give the kiosk bones version a god roll Bungie!

deadduck

Me: Nice run so far, but its getting a bit sweaty.

Team mate: Pulse/Sniper, Pulse/Shotgun...

Me: ERM, this is a loss, these guys are on my FL.

Team mate: what?

Me: Yep, Rubenov and Justgotwicked. 90+% win ratio players.

Team mate: They are good yeah?

Me: This train to mercury is making an emergency stop and we're just about to find out we've got dodgy tickets.

Team mate: what sorta tactic do they use?

Me: Wicked will snipe you before you know it and Rubevov will rush with his mate, they'll hit is at the same time.

Guardian down, guardian down, You're all that... <dead> 3,2,1.

Repeat.

A very short time later...

Team mate: Yeah, that's me done for the night.
Team mate: Its probably your fault we're playing them.

I have a bone to pick.

Shit is stupid.

Salvage is trash. Stay away from that playlist unless you have a full team. Only objective game mode I've ever seen where the best way to play it is to not play it

I just did a major equipment purge... I was overfull... Even dismantled my LITC sniper because eh... But I am saving boots to infuse my bones of Eao to 314 or higher as soon as I can buy them from the kiosk. Please give the kiosk bones version a god roll Bungie!

The amount of year one weapons i still have is definitely clogging my vault. Also a lot of class items that i don't know what to do with.

I need to do this

Destiny turns me into a hoarder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom