• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT37| Everything Old is New Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadduck

Lol, I'd go full scumbag, LiTC, invis bombs, spawn camping the lot. I'd probably bag them as well if I got a kill, not that it would help but small victories and all that.

If i got close enough to bag wicked, I couldn't, I could imagine his small 'tut' and reserved disgust as such terrible sportsmanship.

Yea Colonel dun goofed.

That sucks. All you gotta do is trim the clip in your Capture Gallery and copy it to a USB drive. If you don't have one, the PS4 can upload it Youtube, Twitter or Facebook. No need to go through Sharefactory.

Yeah, I use SF a lot and this was the first time it's ever goofed. I'll take all my saved videos from a few Mercury runs and cut them up into the relevant tidbits. Then export those clips into one condensed highlight reel so I can delete all the original filler vids.

The Chop Shop clip was one of many from our runs w Dawn and Japan. Helps me to get better- realize what plays I should've made when I scrubbed up, different team plays we could've made to avoid giving away some rounds, etc.

Just a habit I got into back in HoW. Once I get the new PC master race set up it should be a lot easier.

Yeah, I use SF a lot and this was the first time it's ever goofed. I'll take all my saved videos from a few Mercury runs and cut them up into the relevant tidbits. Then export those clips into one condensed highlight reel so I can delete all the original filler vids.

The Chop Shop clip was one of many from our runs w Dawn and Japan. Helps me to get better- realize what plays I should've made when I scrubbed up, different team plays we could've made to avoid giving away some rounds, etc.

Just a habit I got into back in HoW. Once I get the new PC master race set up it should be a lot easier.

yea i usually rewatch gameplay afterwards to see how i was playing. i was all over the place during the run with Unstable.

Me: Nice run so far, but its getting a bit sweaty.

Wait was this tonight? Meaning Wicked is actually playing Trials this weekend?? Oh my goodness. Maybe Destiny isn't dad after all.

Speaking of Trials: should be home in 5 min. Colts won so that can only mean good things. Mercury hype things.

Edit: I'm home. Should be online soon.

If i got close enough to bag wicked, I couldn't, I could imagine his small 'tut' and reserved disgust as such terrible sportsmanship.

(In my best British accent)

*forceful exhale* Aww, come off it. Laggy tosser.

Drizz i would play trials with you if you so wished. Want to see Y2 mercury.

In unrelated news i watched Kill la Kill this weekend since i had nothing better to do. It was purrrty gud. Seriously enjoyable anime, some fanservice aside. The action is insane. Im watching Gurren Lagan now.

phen0m24

Yea Colonel dun goofed.

Yeah yeah what else is new. :p Isn't that what I usually do? :p

Team mate: Pulse/Sniper, Pulse/Shotgun...

Me: ERM, this is a loss, these guys are on my FL.

Team mate: what?

Me: Yep, Rubenov and Justgotwicked. 90+% win ratio players.

Team mate: They are good yeah?

Me: This train to mercury is making an emergency stop and we're just about to find out we've got dodgy tickets.

Team mate: what sorta tactic do they use?

Me: Wicked will snipe you before you know it and Rubevov will rush with his mate, they'll hit is at the same time.

Guardian down, guardian down, You're all that... <dead> 3,2,1.

Repeat.

A very short time later...

Team mate: Yeah, that's me done for the night.
Team mate: Its probably your fault we're playing them.

I nominate this as post of the OT, put it in the next OT. TOO FUNNY considering who was on the top of OT37

I can appreciate your restraint. Good call.

Wait. I thought I goofed?! Darn you Share Factory! :p

yea i usually rewatch gameplay afterwards to see how i was playing. i was all over the place during the run with Unstable.

You were but you were so amped/hyper after the previous runs. Unstable was trying to rein you in a bit, but it was good seeing you guys run together. :) Did you put up the video of Dawn so I can upvote it then? (Since I experienced Reddit fail) I might edit it to right when Dawn says "Are you ready for the sword?" which would eliminate the profanity, which may or may not hurt chances at MOTW. ;)

Wait was this tonight? Meaning Wicked is actually playing Trials this weekend?? Oh my goodness. Maybe Destiny isn't dad after all.

Speaking of Trials: should be home in 5 min. Colts won so that can only mean good things. Mercury hype things.

Edit: I'm home. Should be online soon.

(In my best British accent)

*forceful exhale* Aww, come off it. Laggy tosser.

Destiny is dad. Destiny is undad.

jwk94

I can't say for sure since the PvE stuff is more fleshed out than the PvP stuff, and both aren't where they should be.

If you want some cool stuff, mind if we do the refer-a-friend thing?

Make sure you do the refer a friend quests with someone from GAF.

You both get the some exclusive stuff for it, if you complete activities together! Only available for 7 days after you've purchased it.

I'd help, but I'm not a brilliant sherpa, and there's some super, REAL sherpas here who might want to help you out.

OT:

It's got quite a bit more story to it, and you don't have to get sucked in, but really the meat of the game is still the post-game gear chase. It's good fun, and posting here, you're always going to have someone to play with.

Enjoy it, and be open to stuff like the raid/PvP, because it's not as impenetrable as it's made out to be and can supplement the entire experience.
ALright thanks guys. What's a sherpa? And if I do the refer-a-friend thing, could I deny the XP bonus? I don't really want the extra XP.

I would love to hear this...

Watch when he streams. He says it a good bit lol.
ALright thanks guys. What's a sherpa? And if I do the refer-a-friend thing, could I deny the XP bonus? I don't really want the extra XP.

A sherpa is basically someone who helps you through difficult content. I have no idea how the XP bonus is applied. If it's from an item, then you can probably discard it.

Namikaze1

Drizz i would play trials with you if you so wished. Want to see Y2 mercury.

In unrelated news i watched Kill la Kill this weekend since i had nothing better to do. It was purrrty gud. Seriously enjoyable anime, some fanservice aside. The action is insane. Im watching Gurren Lagan now.
Thank god you watched KLK before watching GL. Gurren Lagan is freaking amazing. Kill La Kill is good (if you ignore the fanservice) but just not as good as GL.

I wish I hadn't watched the first part of the Digimon Adventure Tri OVA last week. The wait for part 2 is unbearable. Then after that is part 3 and so on till part 6.

Do the Taken War Earth quest line and pick the 1000 Yard Stare sniper as your reward at the end. It's not a god roll but it's damn close and as good a PvP or PvE sniper as you'll need.

You can also get a basically perfect PvP shotgun from another quest line (Conspiracy D w Rangefinder, performance bonus, and range boost in middle column). I think the Vanguard strike quest line?

For heavy just use Truth.

For primary, find a pulse rifle that suits you. You can use Red Death or Bad Juju but lots of people use the Iron Banner pulse Nirwen's Mercy that was sold w a ~God roll during the first IB. Gunsmith has also sold a great Suros PdX-45, Hakke Herja and Hakke Lyudmila. You can buy the Crucible vendor Hawksaw; it doesn't have an ideal roll but it's still good.

The upside of having missed your chance for the best legendary pulse rifles is that the weapon balancing patch is coming in a couple weeks. Nobody knows where the meta will settle
metettle
but odds are good pulses won't be the only game in town anymore.

Nice!! Thanks much. Going to grind for these now

1000 Yard Stare
Conspiracy D
Suros PdX-45 <--- SUROS GUNS R SO PRETTY!!!

Time to get questing. Kinda sad I missed the pulse rifle madness. I got a god-tier hopscotch pretty late into HoW and didn't get to enjoy it much. I hope fusion rifles work their way back into being competitive again. I don't think they were really ever that OP - certainly nowhere near what the felwinters/blink combo used to be.

you didn't select the flair.

2b18fb4da162f2e126f4c0e10d1c3301.png

E92 M3

Team mate: Pulse/Sniper, Pulse/Shotgun...

Me: ERM, this is a loss, these guys are on my FL.

Team mate: what?

Me: Yep, Rubenov and Justgotwicked. 90+% win ratio players.

Team mate: They are good yeah?

Me: This train to mercury is making an emergency stop and we're just about to find out we've got dodgy tickets.

Team mate: what sorta tactic do they use?

Me: Wicked will snipe you before you know it and Rubevov will rush with his mate, they'll hit is at the same time.

Guardian down, guardian down, You're all that... <dead> 3,2,1.

Repeat.

A very short time later...

Team mate: Yeah, that's me done for the night.
Team mate: Its probably your fault we're playing them.

You gave up too soon! :p Should have went full cheese lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom