• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

I gave up trying to get 1st place wins for my SRL book. I started out loving SRl, but now I despise it because I could not get those wins. I need 3 more on each track and the rage it made me feel wasn't healthy.

I feel cheated. I feel stupid. Paying money for something that I couldn't complete.

Won't be spending real money on anything that requires winning in the future.

I didn't spend a dime on SRL.

The collision detection is an embarrassment. Pod racing for N64 had better CD and that game came out almost 15 years ago. SRL is some of the worst gameplay Bungie has offered in any game since Oni.

The microtransactions are getting out of control IMO and if it gets worse in Destiny 2 we might all hate what we see.

Year 2 sucks compared to Year 1. I would rather have DLC content even on par with Dark Below than the garbage that was Festival of the Lost and SRL which were made as cash grabs and not actual gameplay experiences.

Ghazi

Year 2 sucks compared to Year 1. I would rather have DLC content even on par with Dark Below than the garbage that was Festival of the Lost and SRL which were made as cash grabs and not actual gameplay experiences.
Year 2 started with TTK, which was the best content we've gotten. It's a million times better than vanilla. I'd rather them roll like this to get Destiny 2 on a good track, than supporting this game forever. Destiny is weird, everyone expects something new all the time and that it can't end, which reinforces the idea that there isn't any game like Destiny on consoles.

ocean

Banned
Year 2 started with TTK, which was the best content we've gotten. It's a million times better than vanilla. I'd rather them roll like this to get Destiny 2 on a good track, than supporting this game forever. Destiny is weird, everyone expects something new all the time and that it can't end, which reinforces the idea that there isn't any game like Destiny on consoles.
TTK's main campaign was beautiful but it was like 3 hours long.

Year 1 had:
1. Trials lobbies with better connections
2. Endgame gear actually worth getting - remember when perks didn't all suck?
3. Real horizontal progression since, via Etheric Light, *everything* was viable and automatically maxed as opposed to this animalistic sacrificial ritual of infusion
4. No reliance on luck for an optimized loadout - you could re roll to your heart's content until you had your gear set up just the way you wanted it
5. You could regularly find groups for VoG, CE, PoE, Nightfalls were worth running, Trials was way more attractive...there was a much wider endgame than the current "do KF CM x3"

Sure, Regicide was a cool mission. The first time I played it. The quality of the campaign is no longer something I care about because it's not part of the content we come back to. The game is worse, significantly worse, than in year 1 because the endgame is less diverse, less rewarding (and the rewards way shittier), and less attractive to run than it used to be.

On that note. I need to run Golg CM 6x (3 for me, 3 for little brother as Christmas present). So yeah I better get started finding groups...

E92 M3

Other than playing with my nephew (my family member that plays Destiny), it's the main reason I've played more XB1 the past few days. I have no more space for anything on ps4.

I've started playing Halo 5 competitively and almost completely stopped raiding except for challenges lol.

I've never wasted my time 100% a game.

I am just sharing my opinion. I don't do it for Destiny and I never have for other games, no matter how much I love them. To each their own of course. What finds you enjoyment is what it's all about!

I just don't find enjoyment from pointless things.

Well, that's my whole point: video games are essentially all pointless. It just comes down to what you enjoy doing in games compared to others.

Deku Tree

My main problem with the PvE end game is not finding groups. It's really easy to find groups usually especially if your willing to look not just in GAF. The problem is finding good groups that don't turn into three hour wipe parties where you don't even finish. The encounters are so unforgiving that one slip up frequently causes a reset.

E92 M3

My main problem with the PvE end game is not finding groups. It's really easy to find groups usually especially if your willing to look not just in GAF. The problem is finding good groups that don't turn into three hour wipe parties where you don't even finish. The encounters are so unforgiving that one slip up frequently causes a reset.

Unfortunately, sometimes those LFG posts with a laundry list of requirements are needed for a quick kill lol.

For IB glitch do you just have to stay in orbit until 1 and then load into the tower or do you have to join someone that's already there?

ERMint13

Ichabod00, shoot me a fr and I'll accept it

Thanks much appreciated. If tonight people are looking for it I'll pass it along.

For the IB glitch just wait a bit before you launch to the tower to make sure you get a new tower not the old one where he is still locked behind the gate. I usually waited 3-5 minutes to be sure.

I took those who replied first so it's fair. As spots open I'll post up here.

1. Nami
2. Frenden
3. Me
4. Biggy
5. Fricken
6. Teasing Pink

Edit: I feel bad I can't take everyone :(

There is no content in the Taken King that is better than year one. The strikes aren't as good, the raid can't hold a candle to Vault of Glass and the new PVP maps are garbage. Most of the new weapons and armor are inferior.

Even the story, while arguably presented better, isn't superior to vanilla. The meat of the story is still found in the Grimoire.

There has been some improvements to QoL elements but just as many steps backwards.

Just one man's opinion, of course but I feel like an addict chasing that first rush. And I'll never feel it again.

Deku Tree

Obligatory get ready for iron lagger gif

eVRDkxi.gif

Top Bottom