• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

E92 M3

I found the ghosts needed to get the trophy and that's it. I don't see the point of this mindless collecting for a grimoire score that has no gameplay or game implication.

Seems like what you do when there's no content left. I'll just play other games

Video games distilled are mindless, though. For some, it's fun to max out grimoire. It's nice to 100% favorite games.

Someone in my group is claiming that you only have to swap the gaze between 6 guardians for one cycle and then can resume the normal 1 orb strat after that (same person gets the gaze each time.).

I know he is wrong but he wont let up LOL.

Anyone else heard any such thing as theres no reasoning with the dude.

Dunno what my plan for tonight will be. Not sure if our regular challenge group will be doing Gogli or not. But I don't care about the loot at all. It's just fun to play with those guys. I may instead do some Iron Banner, but 6s is so chaotic, I'm not sure.

Destiny is where all my friends are, but the end game is so hostile that it's no wonder we're all burnt out.

giphy.gif

Maybe I'll play the Witcher? Anyway...

giphy.gif

LTWood12

Dunno what my plan for tonight will be. Not sure if our regular challenge group will be doing Gogli or not. But I don't care about the loot at all. It's just fun to play with those guys. I may instead do some Iron Banner, but 6s is so chaotic, I'm not sure.

Destiny is where all my friends are, but the end game is so hostile that it's no wonder we're all burnt out.

giphy.gif

Maybe I'll play the Witcher? Anyway...

giphy.gif

Was just about to send a message out.

Someone in my group is claiming that you only have to swap the gaze between 6 guardians for one cycle and then can resume the normal 1 orb strat after that (same person gets the gaze each time.).

Even if he was right, I'd argue it's easier to have each person take the gaze once. It allows everyone a chance to collect ammo, get their bearings, and let their health/shield regen if they got pelted a bit.

Though, when I did it, we attacked during the first gaze and the 6th gaze, with a stormcaller warlock using their super on Golgoroth to kill all the cursed thralls for us.

Biggy

Lol we just saw that it doesn't work like that, pretty sure everyone has to take the gaze each time.

Needed old Golgi to drop 320 chest pieces for all my characters to hit 320 LL. So far he has been very cooperative with a chest piece drop for my Hunter and Warlock. Titan up next for the trifecta.

I gave up trying to get 1st place wins for my SRL book. I started out loving SRl, but now I despise it because I could not get those wins. I need 3 more on each track and the rage it made me feel wasn't healthy.

I feel cheated. I feel stupid. Paying money for something that I couldn't complete.

Won't be spending real money on anything that requires winning in the future.

ethomaz

Banned
Thread Upon Stars...

1) Triple Trap + Hidden Hand + Mod Injection/High Caliber Rounds

Or

2) Crowd Control + Army of One + High Caliber Rounds/Custom Optics

I guess I will choose 1.

I realized that my Glass Promontory (Trials sniper) has Hidden Hand. And since I suck at revive sniping, ditching 1kYS for a hidden hand sniper with faster fire rate for double taps is a good call. Tried it out over the last week and it's sooooooooo good.

Still at a cross-roads as far as loadouts.

My best guns are:
- DIS-47 that makes MIDA look like a toy.
- Glass Prom with Hidden Hand

Scout + Sniper is a bad combo against someone playing aggressive. But I don't know what to pair things with that I'm comfortable with.

I could go Scout + Shotgun when I play No Backup Plans Defender. I tried a few Autos over the weekend and cannot get the hang of them. At the appropriate range, the TTK is so high if you're not on point with headshots. If you get even a tiny bit closer, then BLAM shotgun.

Started my xb1 alts last week (from Level 34 / Light 170). Got my Warlock to 310 yesterday after trials and warpriest Normal challenge

Hunter was 309 and joined a Hard Golgy Challenge just now. I structured the team and we did double dps per cycle (1st and 6th gaze) and did it in 2 attempts. Helped that we has 2 hunters to do a tether both dps phase.

Got Boots, chest and gauntlets all in 1 run, bringing me to 314 from 309 instantly.

Old to new:
Gloves 304 to 320
Chest 298 to 316
Boots 297 to 310

0 artifact to 320 artifact (I never had an artifact for her yet and didn't want the stupid 200 one they give).

Can you say, best 20 minutes ever?

All 6 characters 310+ HYPE!

Challenge modes are the only reason that I'm playing with alts otherwise I would have stopped with my once a week with my main.

Frenden

Banned
I realized that my Glass Promontory (Trials sniper) has Hidden Hand. And since I suck at revive sniping, ditching 1kYS for a hidden hand sniper with faster fire rate for double taps is a good call. Tried it out over the last week and it's sooooooooo good.

I use the Promontory in 6's. Wherever I don't need to revive snipe, the RoF is an advantage. Ideally, you'd hit all your headshots, but it's nice insurance. It plays a role similar to Praedyth's Revenge.

Great minds think alike!

Vault space is the biggest factor that's hampering my enjoyment of Destiny. Loot is actually a burden now!

Other than playing with my nephew (my family member that plays Destiny), it's the main reason I've played more XB1 the past few days. I have no more space for anything on ps4.

Video games distilled are mindless, though. For some, it's fun to max out grimoire. It's nice to 100% favorite games.

I've never wasted my time 100% a game.

I am just sharing my opinion. I don't do it for Destiny and I never have for other games, no matter how much I love them. To each their own of course. What finds you enjoyment is what it's all about!

I just don't find enjoyment from pointless things.

Top Bottom