• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

Raven117

TTK's main campaign was beautiful but it was like 3 hours long.

Year 1 had:
1. Trials lobbies with better connections
2. Endgame gear actually worth getting - remember when perks didn't all suck?
3. Real horizontal progression since, via Etheric Light, *everything* was viable and automatically maxed as opposed to this animalistic sacrificial ritual of infusion
4. No reliance on luck for an optimized loadout - you could re roll to your heart's content until you had your gear set up just the way you wanted it
5. You could regularly find groups for VoG, CE, PoE, Nightfalls were worth running, Trials was way more attractive...there was a much wider endgame than the current "do KF CM x3"

Sure, Regicide was a cool mission. The first time I played it. The quality of the campaign is no longer something I care about because it's not part of the content we come back to. The game is worse, significantly worse, than in year 1 because the endgame is less diverse, less rewarding (and the rewards way shittier), and less attractive to run than it used to be.

On that note. I need to run Golg CM 6x (3 for me, 3 for little brother as Christmas present). So yeah I better get started finding groups...

Pretty much this.

Now, I'm glad you can't re-roll stuff to get Sniper Shotguns and the like, but everything else is dead on accurate.

For PvE it came down to the fact that since they wanted a "big sandbox" where lots of guns were viable (as opposed to the Fatebringer/BH/Ghorn load out), they made all of the guns simply boring and not fun to chase.

I mean, for gawds sakes, arguably the best PvE weapon is the Vendor purchased Hung Jury.

Would it have been that hard to make normal legendries good weapons, and raid gear gawd tier? Why? Because its fun!

Going to save all the daily bounties for alts till last day of IB and go from rank 0-5 in 3 games, like last time. Already have 3x weeklies completed ready to turn in from last IB.

Going to save all the daily bounties for alts till last day of IB and go from rank 0-5 in 3 games, like last time. Already have 3x weeklies completed ready to turn in from last IB.

Wait can you describe the best way to jump level. Which exact bounties should I be holding on to?

SpecX

First match went smooth and second match ended up being a slaughter with so much lag. So glad control is back and I saved all my bounties from last IB. Already completed 2 weeklies and the day lies I had are different from today's offerings.

ocean

Banned
Pretty much this.

Now, I'm glad you can't re-roll stuff to get Sniper Shotguns and the like, but everything else is dead on accurate.

For PvE it came down to the fact that since they wanted a "big sandbox" where lots of guns were viable (as opposed to the Fatebringer/BH/Ghorn load out), they made all of the guns simply boring and not fun to chase.

I mean, for gawds sakes, arguably the best PvE weapon is the Vendor purchased Hung Jury.

Would it have been that hard to make normal legendries good weapons, and raid gear gawd tier? Why? Because its fun!
To be fair the issue with those sniper Matadors wasn't the existence of re rolling but rather a set of broken perks on an even more broken archetype of shotgun.

People used to say re rolling eliminated variety but let's be honest. What % of snipers who kill you are using 1kYS? How many of the shotguns are Conspiracy? Is it really worse than Matador/Benevolence used to be?

Everyone still uses the same guns, with a different name, except now you can gain an edge via a lucky roll instead of the re rolling even playing field.

But I digress.

To be fair the issue with those sniper Matadors wasn't the existence of re rolling but rather a set of broken perks on an even more broken archetype of shotgun.

People used to say re rolling eliminated variety but let's be honest. What % of snipers who kill you are using 1kYS? How many of the shotguns are Conspiracy? Is it really worse than Matador/Benevolence used to be?

Everyone still uses the same guns, with a different name, except now you can gain an edge via a lucky roll instead of the re rolling even playing field.

But I digress.
If they took out perks that made guns so damn overpowered for their type ( Increased range on high impact shotguns, Hidden Hand and scopes that increased aim assist to high levels) trolling would've been the best thing they came up with.

But I digress.

The thing there though is that the majority of those 1kYS and Conspiracies are the quest versions that everyone can get. Conspiracy was pretty much a perfect roll for that archetype and 1kYS was a damn good one. Bungie just can't help themselves but ruin pvp sometimes.

I like doing IB trains because I get to chill with gaffers but is there any real reason to do IB? Good loot light level? Or is it just pure fun at this point?

Nothus

I like doing IB trains because I get to chill with gaffers but is there any real reason to do IB? Good loot light level? Or is it just pure fun at this point?

Your rank 5 reward can be something decent. Last time around my main got a shitty ghost but my alt got a 318 scout rifle.

What's everyone's favorite Exotic to use in PvP? I've been having trouble finding my grove weapon-wise.

The Last Word, but I really only use that sparingly, and not in a situation like Iron Banner. Other than that, the only other exotic I have equipped during PvP is Graviton Forfeit, but that's a helmet.

How many of the guns that you love and/or use a lot have you gotten in the wild?

The majority of guns that I've gotten that really love come from the Gunsmith or Vendors. Nirwin's, 1kYS, DIS-47, PDX-45, etc.

Dave_6

Need all those IB helmets! Any other armor that drops will be a plus, and still need the class item for my Warlock.

LTWood12

What's everyone's favorite Exotic to use in PvP? I've been having trouble finding my grove weapon-wise.

I'll be using Invective w/ Ward of Dawn. People run right into it.

How many of the guns that you love and/or use a lot have you gotten in the wild?

The majority of guns that I've gotten that really love come from the Gunsmith or Vendors. Nirwin's, 1kYS, DIS-47, PDX-45, etc.

Smite of Merain w/ Firefly (I love it despite it looking like shit)
Imago Loop w/ Firefly (Want to love it more than I actually do)
Hawksaw w/ PB, Zen, Smallbore
Paleocontact w/ Battlerunner, Fitted Stock, Counterbalance (the second legendary weapon I got in TTK)

Top Bottom