• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT38| The 0.04% of the 4%

The glitch is essentially where you are able to load into the Tower before your IB rank resets, allowing you to buy all the gear right off the bat if you were high enough last IB.

Obligatory get ready for iron lagger gif

eVRDkxi.gif

This gif physically hurts.

3. Real horizontal progression since, via Etheric Light, *everything* was viable and automatically maxed as opposed to this animalistic sacrificial ritual of infusion
4. No reliance on luck for an optimized loadout - you could re roll to your heart's content until you had your gear set up just the way you wanted it
5. You could regularly find groups for VoG, CE, PoE, Nightfalls were worth running, Trials was way more attractive...there was a much wider endgame than the current "do KF CM x3

3. I understand the genesis of the infusion system vs etheric light. It (especially for TTK) is a needed additional dimension to the loot chase by breaking everything up via equip slot as opposed to etheric light's cure all elixir. It also gives a small purpose to blue gear. The broader problem is that the infusion system works terribly alongside things like the rng on top of rng on top of more rng that is King's Fall loot.

4. Being able to re-roll gear was awful for the metagame. Things are better off without it (though of course Bungie goes and gives everyone God Rolls of certain weapons).

5. You're comparing the final Year 1 product to the early Year 2 product... of course it's Bungie's own fault for leaving so many Y1 activities by the wayside. Something that's only become a bigger problem since other TTK design decisions have also negatively impacted the end game.

Trakan

Even if it updated, you have to wait until all the old tower instances are gone. You need to load into a new tower instance that has Saladin there and the door open.

Bungie better not have done a secret patch. Transparency is key with this game.
zWVbK.gif

Also sorry my CM raid team earlier today, my mic stopped working and then I had to take a business call.

From NF I received: No Land Beyond (sure whatever didn't have Y2 version) and a 294 ghost shell (really Bungie? Smart loot? Really?).

One more NF run to disappoint me later.

I thought it was known this was patched already?

At least levelling alts in IB is now is WAY faster. But nobody should be "upset" that a glitch is fixed haha.

chur

I tried it and while I was headed into the tower a game message popped up telling me that I have been removed from the game world and to try again.

Re: The Glitch... it's just to be able to buy the vendor gear, right? So wasn't its effectiveness already diminished anyway with the introduction of the R5 rank up package that guarantees a piece of 310+ gear?

IB train later tonight? It's my kid 12th birthday today and i have a house full of kids. Will need some IB to get the stress out of my system...😉

NeOak

I couldn't be bothered to finish the SRL book. I gave up at half of everything. No sparrow nor Shader for me unless the book works next SRL :(

Top Bottom